Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

I've been waiting some time now, and now that the Network Status says Healthy, I'm assuming it forgot about this server.

If it is not back up already, report it using the Server Outage form and the server management team will look into it.

A friend of mine is having trouble logging into servers on our official cluster with servers missing or timing out as well as survivetheark timing out when they try to load it. Any other site or game works fine but he cant access either of these two.

Here's the issue he's having.

When he loads up ark it only shows some servers in the server view/search screen, 10/25 of his favorites show up.

His favs are all active, i can log onto the servers on our cluster just fine and they're all up and have active players.

Logging in by IP through battlemetrics and directly time out for them.

At one point he was able to get on one of the servers but when using a transmitter it only showed four of the clusters servers.

Later that day they were again no longer able to connect or see the servers.

They've restarted their computer and router multiple times, reinstalled the game, and even deleted the servers from their favorites through steam and nothing has helped.

The game is up to date as well

He submitted a report through survivetheark about another tribe glitching through a protected zone and a couple days before, which may be nothing but not being able to load the site in addition to some server is odd.

Any idea what the problem could be? It's just so inconsistent with what he can and cant view, i have no idea what the problem is.

Edited by Jerdoni

I have this same issue

comcast east coast

the website crashes constantly, I can view it maybe 2-3min at a time before it times out and can’t access it again for hours.

the game isn’t showing most NA servers either and I can’t access my base on genesis.

posting from mobile phone

Edited by invision

Yes, perfect! exactly what im going through. So i've been playing for years no problem. Last patch/Website update ive been having serious problems. If i cant log onto this website, then only 1 server i play on shows up. If i can access the website then all servers show. my work around has been using norton vpn which will allow me to access this site + the servers I play on. It's not my router/pc. This is all routing from either there end or our isps...  as for today this morning worked for about a hr for me, then i had to use the vpn. I worked all day so wasnt on much. Today 9.19.20 1:32am est im NOT using a vpn, and all seems well. i find it odd we are on the same charter spectrum, with this problem. this is a "new" issue, thats for sure. it's almost like the nameservers arent being pushed. ie. the routing from nameserver to ip and vise versa. its def a routing problem.

Having this EXACT issue. Comcast provider. 

Also when I was able to log in, I was flying on Crystal Isles in redwood biome and lost connection to host. Brought another acct char to save the body/dinos and same happened to that char. Any time able to log in, it goes to character UI screen then immediately lose connection to host again. 

Not sure if related or even how it could be but this is definitely a problem update :(

I, too have had problems the last few days with all of the same issues....I live in eastern time zone and have spectrum.....I found I could access the game from EU servers but not NA servers (I play official), which was strange...I kept having address issues and also could not access the survivetheark website....My tribemate lives in the same town and had NO issues...so, he brought his Xbox to my house...same problems... yet we COULD CONNECT through a hotspot and play just fine...we determined it must be  a router problem...was on the phone with spectrum for hours and they kept saying no problems....they were wrong...as soon as I replaced my router, the game worked fine....so, for once, it was not actually a problem with the game....

Thank you for the link, @invincibleqc :)  

Does this affect this website/forums as well? As the times I cannot connect to those servers, the forums read as "down/timed out" to me a the same time. I'm counting my blessings today that I can reach these forums at all. 

Is this also related to certain spots of Crystal Isles being a lose host/connection zone? Currently have 2 characters that begin to load the UI but lose connection host in only the area they lost connection at. Family members can log into the server, fly around with no issues until flying into that certain spot in redwoods. 

I have noticed that in the last 16 hours of the previously listed 1100 plus servers that used to list in Official mode only 600 or so are showing and all of mine as favorites are missing ie.  87, 274, 338, 442, 562, 586, 850. I have validated all my game files in local and have had to replace 2 (damaged/?) files each time. Prior to the release of the ARK discord release no problems. I have 4500 hours in game using Century Link and this is the first time I have had connection issues. A little help would be greatly appreciated.

13 minutes ago, retsel54 said:

I have noticed that in the last 16 hours of the previously listed 1100 plus servers that used to list in Official mode only 600 or so are showing and all of mine as favorites are missing ie.  87, 274, 338, 442, 562, 586, 850. I have validated all my game files in local and have had to replace 2 (damaged/?) files each time. Prior to the release of the ARK discord release no problems. I have 4500 hours in game using Century Link and this is the first time I have had connection issues. A little help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok I join in game through  Steam. Click  steam to drop menu...choose Settings....then choose In Game...under in game server browser select 250 and see if your servers show up. For me it worked.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, LilJazzy said:

Thank you for the link, @invincibleqc :)  

Does this affect this website/forums as well? As the times I cannot connect to those servers, the forums read as "down/timed out" to me a the same time. I'm counting my blessings today that I can reach these forums at all. 

Is this also related to certain spots of Crystal Isles being a lose host/connection zone? Currently have 2 characters that begin to load the UI but lose connection host in only the area they lost connection at. Family members can log into the server, fly around with no issues until flying into that certain spot in redwoods. 

No idea. I just don't think the recent announcement and the increase of connectivity issues to be a coincidence.

They say their servers are getting hit with malicious attacks. You say you can't connect to the server with out janky networking hacks... The most common disruptive network attack is known as a massive distributed denial of service. This is accomplished by turning thousands of potentially unwitting computers into a bot net, then spamming the victims network with an overwhelming flow of traffic. The solution is to either divert or ignore the flows. I wouldn't use a vpn, or switch routers, or connect direct by ip. I would run a virus scan and do something else for several hours.

marking the server as favourite doesn't work anymore. battlemetric is reporting it to be unavailable from time to time but I'm not sure if they're related.

I gotta keep looking for them in the official server list instead of favourite list.

any other server having this problem?

this started some time this week

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic