Podded dinos reset to lvl 1

GamerDad71

Good afternoon.  The other day I changed maps on my Nitrado server,  going from Ragnarok to Crystal Isles. After uploading my podded dinos, changing the map and redownloading to the new map I found that my first 2 dinos when released were reset to lvl 1 and would not gain exp. Is there a fix for this? I still have quite few podded dinos

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, LEDminer said:

It happens when you bring podded dinos to a map where the time is less than the map they were brought from (you can see this from the in game days.)

I believe you can try setting the in game time to match the previous map to avoid this.

I honestly doubt this is the case. If that was, there would have been ton of reports from players bringing their dinos to CI on officials that recently opened up for transfers. 🤔

• Volunteer Moderator
55 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

You might be misunderstanding. When OP restarts their server to change the map, the in game time gets reset to day 1. Any items in the upload are given new timers based on the previous timer and the new in game time. If OP was for example on day 200 on their previous map, podded dinos lose EXP worth the time they would get for being in a pod for this amount of time.

Regular restarts don't have an effect since you restart all your servers, and any possible time differences that happen are very minimal. Also, the in game time doesn't reset to day 1 unless you specifically do that.

I've never experienced that while switching maps but I always hosted servers that were clustered and used the less popular ones to cycle between the less played maps and never had such issues. Found a post that seems to say this only affect non-clustered session, which seems to validate your claims:

@GamerDad71 Is your server clustered? If not, try to do so and see if that fixes the issues.

>> When OP restarts their server to change the map, the in game time gets reset to day 1.

That's not normal behaviour...  There's either an external influence like RCON commands being used or a corrupt save, or a mod or plugin is interfering. 
Ark doesn't set the time back to day one when a map is restarted.

The in-game time is stored in the .ark file itself.  The question here is what is causing that to change?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Larkfields said:

>> When OP restarts their server to change the map, the in game time gets reset to day 1.

That's not normal behaviour...  There's either an external influence like RCON commands being used or a corrupt save, or a mod or plugin is interfering. 
Ark doesn't set the time back to day one when a map is restarted.

The in-game time is stored in the .ark file itself.  The question here is what is causing that to change?

When you change map, you load a different .ark file. If you are running Island on day 1000 for example, and switch to a fresh Aberration save it will be on day 0.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

When you change map, you load a different .ark file. If you are running Island on day 1000 for example, and switch to a fresh Aberration save it will be on day 0.

Yes, but that wouldn't have an effect on the age or XP of a podded dino.
It's easily tested though...

So, day 12894 on the island...
t1.jpg.e34eb483246057341b1c4eeaccf9e5f9.jpg

and Day 1 on a new aberration server...

t2.jpg.bce0fd4b3e2e5347938e210149139f5b.jpg

Same dino, same XP, same everything.
It's not the map's date/time.

If you want to PM me, I'll give you the server's details so you can repeat the test yourself.

OK, I forgot to un-accelerate the day/night cycle so Ab reached day 4, but the Spino is exactly as it was from the Island.

It's taken me 23 minutes to do the test.  The OP's problem has nothing to do with the difference in date/time between maps.
I've proved it here.

I'm off for the night now.  Go run the test and post some screen shots.

t5.jpg.aba22035fd95c81dfe6a0693521d5f58.jpg

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Larkfields said:

I couldn't wait for day 500 on the Island, it was going to take too long.

Next time just spam the following command:

settimeofday 23:59

That said, I personally have no idea if the time has a direct relation for this issue to occurs or not, but there is definitely an issue as it is also documented on the wiki:

• When transferring filled cryopods on singleplayer or unofficial servers, there is a chance that the creature's level will be reset to 1, the saddle will be deleted and any imprint quality will be lost along with any mutations.
    • This is a result of transferring between non-clustered servers, and is directly caused by the obelisk removing custom item byte data within the item.

I wasn't trying to say the problem didn't exist.  Software (not just Ark) can exhibit strange behaviour when things go wrong.

@GamerDad71  Are you able to upload your save directory and your ini files anywhere so we can take a look?
I think your next steps should be to verify your ark server installation, and (if you're on Windows) run   sfc /scannow   from an administrator DOS prompt.

Its probably the same problem as with transfering fertilized eggs between unclustered servers - they will end up level 1 on the other server most times. On my servers it was permanently fixed as soon as i set up a cluster for them. 

First go back to the old map and download everything from the obelisk. Then go into nitrados config and enable cross-ark (even if you only have one server - its just so the server switches to a different transfer mode). Next you will want to set the following to a large number in GameUserSettings.ini:
TributeItemExpirationSeconds=31449600
TributeDinoExpirationSeconds=31449600
Otherwise uploaded dinos/items will spoil in 24 hours (those values will set it to about one year). Now upload your items again on the old map, switch it to the new one and download them there. DIno-levels and egg-levels should be persistant now.

Downside is you will not be able to transfer items/dinos from single-player or other servers to your game server any more. Upside is you will not have any level-problems with cryopods and fertilized eggs any more.

Archived