X2 Taming? You are kidding!

slejo

16 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

According to Dododex, this is the correct amount. They've updated their default settings to follow the current rates.

10% - 10 rock drake eggs was X1 - BEFORE WC decided to change rates to X2 permanent.
Previously, when there was X2 evo event - 5 drake eggs was enough to tame 150 lvl basilisk.

So once again - theres NO X2 taming if it comes to taming Basilisk.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, LEDminer said:

ARK wikia says that a 150 takes 21 eggs (assuming they haven't updated yet)

According to "cached" pages from May 2020 the Wiki showed it as 42 Drake eggs for a 150.

Suggesting that the Wiki now showing 21 is the updated rates. So I would not trust the Wiki at all.

1 hour ago, LEDminer said:

Did a 150 take 9 eggs before the rate update? If so, are you sure you played on 1x?

Man. Put the outdated knowledge off. I see you are taking part in a discussion that you have no idea about.

I have tamed MANY basilisks 140+. And all of them i tamed during X2 evo events.
There was ALWAYS 5 drake eggs needed to tame 150 lvl basilisk when the rates were X2.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, slejo said:

Man. Put the outdated knowledge off. I see you are taking part in a discussion that you have no idea about.

This is a public forums. Therefore everyone is welcome to participate to any discussion. He simply asked a question in an effort to understand and be helpful. Why being so hostile?

9 minutes ago, slejo said:

I have tamed MANY basilisks 140+. And all of them i tamed during X2 evo events.
There was ALWAYS 5 drake eggs needed to tame 150 lvl basilisk when the rates were X2.

Maybe check other passives. Bloodstalker still takes a crazy amount. I don't remember all passive counts but a 150 Mantis would take 7 horns on 2x before so if it still takes 14 then maybe the rates never hit passives.

49 minutes ago, slejo said:

Because he just trolls me without any experience of taming.

BTW: https://www.dododex.com/taming/basilisk/150?taming=2

Being confused is not trolling.

Asking a valid question is not trolling.

Saying that you're a pompous, self-absorbed knucklehead, that might be trolling if it turns out that you're not actually a pompous, self-absorbed knucklehead. Only time, and your additional posts, will tell whether you actually are or not.

I saw the dododex guy on another thread about bloodstalkers saying that it seems passive tames havent gotten the x2 rates as bloodstalkers are taking the same amount of bloodpacks as before. Most likely the same for all passives.

But I think he did say that he adjusted dododex to show the correct blood packs, not sure if he mentioned changing the numbers for all passives as they all arent confirmed.

11 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

if he mentioned changing the numbers for all passives as they all arent confirmed.

16 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

there might be something between the rate increase and egg feed tames.

Look at Roll Rat - according to Dododex (that is based on devkit) now roll rat needs 34 honeys.
Previously 150 rat wanted 17 honeys to be tamed at x2 Evo

rat2020-09-17_18-41-58.jpg

On 9/7/2020 at 8:00 AM, Garick said:

Blood Stalker Taming. How is it now?

So how is the blood stalker taming now? dododex is saying 1300+ blood bags for a 150ish. Is that right? That seems insane.

On 9/7/2020 at 8:16 PM, danleveille said:

That is correct. I recently tested and updated Dododex's bloodstalker rates. They are very high because they were not impacted by the 2x changes. They're basically still at 1x.

If you want more clarity on the dododex part of things maybe tag him ^ as he is the one who operates dododex. As for the rates I think its pretty obvious based on what you are experiencing that many if not all the passive tames are still being considered 1x taming.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, slejo said:

Because he just trolls me without any experience of taming.

No-one's trolling, get over yourself mate.

Now, Dododex a while back said that it is possible the passive tames were unaffected by the rates increase because several creatures, such as Bloodstalker had not changed. I don't know what the outcome of this was or whether anything was discovered, but hey we're all trolls in this thread because we stupidly want to help.

49 minutes ago, GP said:

we're all trolls in this thread because we stupidly want to help.

Sorry, but how did you help me? Throwing me out and teaching me like a stupid kid?
Speak to someone from WC (as you are closer to them than me) to tell that they bugged taming system. Then you will help us.
Its a BUG, noone will help in this matter unless is from Wildcard.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, slejo said:

Its a BUG, noone will help in this matter unless is from Wildcard.

Alright, since you obviously don't want the community to contribute to this thread I will go ahead and lock it for you. WC will be able to unlock and respond to it if they want or need more details from you. If you have not done so already, please fill the Bug Report form if you wish to report what you believe to be a bug and it will be investigated by the QA team. Thanks!

Archived