1250/20 mutations

Snyper1689

19 hours ago, Snyper1689 said:

I have a dodo size 2.85 that I've been breeding and it says both ancestral lines have 1250/20 mutations. I thought I understood mutations but what does 1250 mutations even mean?

The mutation numbers from parents add together even if you're not getting any new mutations.

For example, if you have 8 "great-grandparents" that each have 20/20 mutations, their children will each have 40/20 mutations, then their children will have 80/20 mutations, and then finally great-grandchildren will have 160/20 mutations. During that process you didn't actually have any new mutations, it's just the way the game uses the mutation numbers.

You can't actually get any new mutations unless at least one of the parents has 19/20 or less.

8 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

The mutation numbers from parents add together even if you're not getting any new mutations.

For example, if you have 8 "great-grandparents" that each have 20/20 mutations, their children will each have 40/20 mutations, then their children will have 80/20 mutations, and then finally great-grandchildren will have 160/20 mutations. During that process you didn't actually have any new mutations, it's just the way the game uses the mutation numbers.

You can't actually get any new mutations unless at least one of the parents has 19/20 or less.

dang really lol...that means these lines with millions of mutations/20 dont actually mean anything lol?

Archived