Ya know one thing I've thought about is maybe that beast is Mei Yin.

L.A. Noire "Doubt" / Press X To Doubt | Know Your Meme

It makes sense to ME at least. Back on The Island, she would worry about what had become of herself, considering that she may have grown horns or fangs without realizing it. Of course, that would never happen, but you should be able to see the metaphor. Also, Rockwell has a very present hatred for her, and as we know he is mutating humans to use in an army. What better thing to do than mutate/corrupt Mei Yin and turn her against us/Helena/Diana. @ArkTheorist123did mention something about the beast looking like some sort of a dragon, and I agree. The link between Mei's culture and dragons can definitely be drawn here. Plus, we do already have a theory about our beast being female. Why does this matter? Well, I recommend you watch this video:

It's a bit old, but I think that that this pushes my theory FURTHER.

I feel like Mei could've been abducted by Rockwell (Much like Helena, as he seems to have access to telling her about our defeat as noted in the finale of Gen Part one), mutated and turned against the ones that she fought for.

We very well may have to defeat ANOTHER survivor who's story we've followed since the beginning, we may have to put Mei Yin Li, the BEAST QUEEN to the test.

This does NOT mean we have to kill her. I find it intruiging how HLNA explicitly states in one of her discoveries that it would be HARD to COME BACK from element corruption. I feel like the devs kept a very important door open there. If we really have to go up against Mei, we wouldn't want to kill her- there's no victory there, because in reality she. Isn't. The. Bad. Guy. We might save her from the "violet pit" of corruption.

And if we can save Mei, maybe, just maybe, we can save Rockwell, and the corrupted survivors.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Ya know one thing I've thought about is maybe that beast is Mei Yin.

L.A. Noire "Doubt" / Press X To Doubt | Know Your Meme

It makes sense to ME at least. Back on The Island, she would worry about what had become of herself, considering that she may have grown horns or fangs without realizing it. Of course, that would never happen, but you should be able to see the metaphor. Also, Rockwell has a very present hatred for her, and as we know he is mutating humans to use in an army. What better thing to do than mutate/corrupt Mei Yin and turn her against us/Helena/Diana. @ArkTheorist123did mention something about the beast looking like some sort of a dragon, and I agree. The link between Mei's culture and dragons can definitely be drawn here. Plus, we do already have a theory about our beast being female. Why does this matter? Well, I recommend you watch this video:

It's a bit old, but I think that that this pushes my theory FURTHER.

I feel like Mei could've been abducted by Rockwell (Much like Helena, as he seems to have access to telling her about our defeat as noted in the finale of Gen Part one), mutated and turned against the ones that she fought for.

We very well may have to defeat ANOTHER survivor who's story we've followed since the beginning, we may have to put Mei Yin Li, the BEAST QUEEN to the test.

This does NOT mean we have to kill her. I find it intruiging how HLNA explicitly states in one of her discoveries that it would be HARD to COME BACK from element corruption. I feel like the devs kept a very important door open there. If we really have to go up against Mei, we wouldn't want to kill her- there's no victory there, because in reality she. Isn't. The. Bad. Guy. We might save her from the "violet pit" of corruption.

And if we can save Mei, maybe, just maybe, we can save Rockwell, and the corrupted survivors.

You're talking about the unidentified thing in the teaser picture? 'Cuz I'm assuming you are.

An interesting idea, but I think I'd need more than just that to assume that you're right on this. I'm sure Rockwell would love to do such a thing and turn his enemies into minions but he'd have to capture Mei first, who last we heard of was at AP with Diana and Helena Deus. We do know though that AP connects to the Colony Ship, so maybe Mei did go there, maybe Mei is the enemy that Rockwell was gearing up to fight, Corruption seems like a great way to """tame""" creatures if you're at the head of it... But that's just throwing ideas out

Well, we know Mei will be there, but it's hard to say for now what she'll do. But I think we can't throw specifics out yet.

As for the video, there were a lot of parts I didn't like about it, especially where he clips out of the map to cheat information that's a toss up of whether or not it should even be considered because it might've been nothing because you were never supposed to see it.

BUT

It did make me notice something 100% unrelated.

Remember that Deus Prep artifact thing that Mei and Helena found, well I found something that matches its color

808488858_4colors.thumb.jpg.732ff0786aa94e07aef0f1515bbbe7f5.jpg

The final ring glows in a color that matches the description given by Mei about the artifact, making it the only element energy color we've seen so far that matches. Very interesting, blue, red, green, and purple were all pretty standard colors for element so far, but that last ring stood out as a strange color, but I hadn't made the connection until recently that it's the same color as the Deus artifact.

Very interesting, the purpose of the golden ring here was to teleport us a great distance down to Earth, presumably a much more difficult task than teleporting across very nearby Arks. The purpose of the Artifact was to change Helene into Deus and I can't believe I never noticed this one before, but the whole Tomb of Ascension had the golden light according to Mei while Helena was using it.
Looking at it now it seems to be a high energy element output similar or even above purple element we see, but also much more controlled, very interesting, although I can't make much out of this information yet since we only have three sources of this element type so far

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thekuervito said:

Tek war is amazing

https://youtu.be/LkJVnoEpGOQ

Holy fricking shiz dude they definitely took some inspiration from tek there. I'm legitimately intereted in seeing this game- The music reminds me of ARK, the environment is reminiscent of the ones in ARK and that looks like some awesome gameplay.

What a find, dude!

I swear at one point in time it was a guaranteed drop to get 2 per kill, and I'd have oodles of em.
Eh, I restarted my data again and I'd have no use for them anyways. Very discouraged with my progression in all of my playthroughs. Can't even beat the first boss- The caves intimidate me and I never wan't to go for artifacts lmao
I noticed that it was no longer guaranteed 2 per kill ever since aber was released. I used to farm them as part of my meat runs regularly before and after aber release. Before aber it was dropping 2 each regularly. My guess was it had something related to nameless venom which is not supposed to drop regularly.

Just now, Castlerock said:
21 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:
I swear at one point in time it was a guaranteed drop to get 2 per kill, and I'd have oodles of em.
Eh, I restarted my data again and I'd have no use for them anyways. Very discouraged with my progression in all of my playthroughs. Can't even beat the first boss- The caves intimidate me and I never wan't to go for artifacts lmao

I noticed that it was no longer guaranteed 2 per kill ever since aber was released. I used to farm them as part of my meat runs regularly before and after aber release. Before aber it was dropping 2 each regularly. My guess was it had something related to nameless venom which is not supposed to drop regularly.

What is this "ab" you speak of? I'm still trying to beat The Island. Doesn't help that I regularly reset my data for some reason.

I just can't wait to have all of the DLCs beaten.

QUESTION. Let's say I transfer from scorched with the chainsaw engram learned, to Extinction. Will I still own the LEARNED chainsaw engram along with any unlearned scorched engrams ON Extinction? Then will I get the Extinction engrams along with that? (Not immediately of course, I still have to unlock them) Then what if I MINDWIPE, will I still be able to unlock the Scorched engrams, even if I'm on another map, or do I need BPs?

What is this "ab" you speak of? I'm still trying to beat The Island. Doesn't help that I regularly reset my data for some reason.
I just can't wait to have all of the DLCs beaten.

Just know that it hasnt been the same ever since the date when the second paid dlc for ark been released.

QUESTION. Let's say I transfer from scorched with the chainsaw engram learned, to Extinction. Will I still own the LEARNED chainsaw engram along with any unlearned scorched engrams ON Extinction? Then will I get the Extinction engrams along with that? (Not immediately of course, I still have to unlock them) Then what if I MINDWIPE, will I still be able to unlock the Scorched engrams, even if I'm on another map, or do I need BPs?

Any engrams u learnt will stay, only disappears when u mindwipe.
Once u are on ext u can learn the engrams exclusive to that map.
If u mindwipe u need to go to the specific map to learn their exclusive engrams again.
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

Just know that it hasnt been the same ever since the date when the second paid dlc for ark been released.

Any engrams u learnt will stay, only disappears when u mindwipe.
Once u are on ext u can learn the engrams exclusive to that map.
If u mindwipe u need to go to the specific map to learn their exclusive engrams again.

Ah, so if I don't want to bring blueprints, I just can't mindwipe. Good to know, now when I go from map-to-map I'll take some BPs with me.

On 9/10/2020 at 9:49 AM, LEDminer said:

It almost seems like plagiarism. If you showed me this I wouldn't have thought that it wasn't ARK or a spinoff.

I see a bit of Titanfall in there too, but if I'm being honest any video game idea I come up with has a thick layer of originality under it, which I hate to admit- but good ideas are hard to come by, at least for me. And this gal aswell.

Backflip FAIL GIF - www.gifsec.com | Funny gifs fails, Funny gymnastics  fails, Funny gif

Plenty of bad ideas to go around, people. 

Edited by ArkTheoryApprentice

Well, I've been brainstorming recently- digging through past spoilers and some past theories of mine, and I've come to a conclusion on what may have happened between the events of Extinction and Genesis.

After we defeat the Mecha King Titan, (Or any form of the King Titan, I'm saying Mecha for purposes relating to the secret ending cutscene.) we are awarded plenty of loot and blueprints. That's good and all, but I'm interested in the Homo Deus skin. I still believe that after we defeat the King, we ascend to the next plane of human evolution (Lore-wise, not gameplay wise) and end our story. I find it interesting, that how in the ending cutscene of Extinction, Helena disappears after pointing out the rising of the sun. Where does she go? I believe that is the moment that Helena arrives into the Genesis simulation to aid a new survivor on the other side of the planet. I theorize that the reason she has faded a bit in the simulation is simply because she doesn't have much time left. She expressed (A lot) how she is barely clinging to herself as it was in the Extinction DLC, and just imagine this: Homo Deus live a millennium of lifetimes in just one day, as they see EVERYTHING in EVERY CONCEIVABLE POSSIBLE SLIGHT detail, EVERY SECOND of the day! (But they have no use for time as they are.) All of the Arks landing, plants spreading, element disappearing, AB crashing, survivors pooping, the system taking away her power of life-revival and MUCH MUCH more would DESTROY her mind, as it does with the others. I also find a crucial piece of evidence proving this to be the fact that the creators are calling this a "New story-oriented BEGINNING" In Ark's story. The only thing that I can't wrap my mind around is this: What is the other survivor's connection with Helena and Rockwell? Or ARE we the same survivor from the arks? Also, we've BEEN to the Arks with HLN-A, yet she says that she's never been to one in her discoveries. And even in the ending, she welcomes us to the REAL WORLD... Mind boggling stuff if you ask me...

You can find the most perplexing things using the "inspect" tool in creative mode. I actually figured out what those pillars are in the arks. (The ones in the caves, I mean.) Element. I dunno what kind, be it pure, corrupted or impure- but it makes sense. Element can adapt to it's environment, and we can clearly see the pillars doing that within most caves. In the overgrown caves such as, say, the Lower South cave, the element reveals green lights within, and in the dastardly snow cave, they reveal blue. Even in the Tek Cave and Hall of History, the spindly black material we see on the ground before use is... you guessed it, element. An interesting term I found was something along the lines of "Element Growth", referring to the stalagmite-like formations the element forms all around the Hall of History. So now we know 2 important things- The Arks are harboring high amounts of element within their caves, (Among other places) and the element levels (Very much like in the Genesis Simulation) are rising. We can see this from the Genesis Chronicles, (Which I'm not even positive are canon at this point) where different and new element pillars are forming on the Arks. Plus the elemental growth within the Starlight Sanctuary (Thank you Rockwell for that term). This leads me to ask: Are element levels REALLY rising on the Arks? And why? Could it be Rockwell spreading his (Presumable) influence to other Arks in hope of using them in some way? And if this were the case, what use would he have for those Arks. HLNA in a discovery mentions that the intruder programmed a way for him to enter and exit the sim as he wishes, so it's likely that this may be some sort of side goal Rockwell has, as we can see him doing the same sort of thing in the Genesis Simulation: Spreading element (We're not sure what subtype, whether it be corrupted or pure) to corrupt survivors. Evidence of this can be shown when HLNA confirms to us (On an Ark during the Chronicles if I remember correctly) that messing around with element can definitely corrupt us. She sadly doesn't tell us whether or not there are any "corrupts" on the Ark. Also, this brings me to a little bit of info that I spat out a few weeks ago where I discussed that HLNA detected unstable life on Earth: Could that be Rockwell?

Oh, also useless info here, the clear substance that separates us from the cloning chambers in the Hall of History is called "Hexglass". 

And being killed by a boss creature is called "Annoying". Didn't need the inspect tool for that one, now did I? (Not speaking from experience haha)

Hide the Pain Harold is the meme of the decade (according to Imgur)

Edited by ArkTheoryApprentice

19 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Oh, also useless info here, the clear substance that separates us from the cloning chambers in the Hall of History is called "Hexglass".

Haven't been in this thread with theories in a while but i just wanna say, the inspect tool from the creative mode shows you what the file of the object is called. That's kinda it, like it's the stuff wildcard decided to name the thing for organization or whatever other reason. As someone who started to do maps and work with the devkit i can say that artists can be really messy and sometimes not everyone is one the same page .... so what i'm trying to say is, that while it may give some basic insight into some stuff, it would be best to not take it too literally or with a grain of salt, ya know ?

Naming and meanings can change through developement so i'm not sure if it's that good of an idea to try and get lore from something technical like this ...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fes said:

Haven't been in this thread with theories in a while but i just wanna say, the inspect tool from the creative mode shows you what the file of the object is called. That's kinda it, like it's the stuff wildcard decided to name the thing for organization or whatever other reason. As someone who started to do maps and work with the devkit i can say that artists can be really messy and sometimes not everyone is one the same page .... so what i'm trying to say is, that while it may give some basic insight into some stuff, it would be best to not take it too literally or with a grain of salt, ya know ?

Naming and meanings can change through developement so i'm not sure if it's that good of an idea to try and get lore from something technical like this ...

Fair enough, but I still keep my theory relating to element in caves, though in reality I doubt it's importance. Just trynta spark up some theory food. The element in caves would make sense though same with the Hall of History, because with "Mini HLN-A" you scan "Elemental disturbances" within said caves. But I see where you're coming from- I haven't seen much of the inner workings behind Arks code if I'm being honest. All code names I've seen so far I believe to be reasonable, such as the Element Heart at the end of the Tek Cave where you teleport to the Hall- But I've only seen so much. "Element Pillars" "Element Growth" "Underwater Boulders" "T R E E" sound believable, but hey, I am no mapmaker, unlike you. Though I wish I were lol, I bet it's pretty difficult

4 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Found anything interesting in the DevKit?

To be honest ? No.

Atleast not in terms of lore, like sure there is some interesting abandoned stuff in there that was never executed/brought to the live game, like mechanical tek gates, unused weather and stuff, but not really anything that would help us with the theories.

You can find some stuff in the modding community though...

The ragnarok devs are still mappers, even after being hired by wildcard. They have a pretty interesting ( unreleased ) private project called apex and they sometimes stream working on the map ( it's just a mod map, just to be clear ) . And one of them kinda likes to hype stuff and while he knows he can't give us details about his work at wildcard he says stuff like " if you hated genesis 1, don't worry, we took the feedback and changed things up" or " genesis 2 is my favorite expansion to work on so far"

And the one thing that's interesting for lore discussion would be that someone asked what that ring in the ocean biomes sky is and one of them answered that it's the colony ship ?

Because of genesis being a simulation i would assume that it was meant as in "it's a projection  of how it looks like in the world outside" but still quite interesting, isn't it ?

• Like 1

Last night I had the oddest dream. I was watching Syntac play Ark Survival Evolved Genesis Part Two (Even though in reality it's nowhere near being complete). I don't remember much, but I do remember him being able to enter and exit the colony ship as he pleased, into empty space. I saw no dinos or harvesting, but he was in full tek. (Offbrand, not official like in Part One's ending) It was really really REALLY weird. The ship was going to the planet shown in the Lunar Biome (Not the destroyed moon), there was no Rockwell and instead of an implant, at the end you get the strange artifact that Helena used to ascend. Wut?

Also I start my first day of in-school learning as a Freshman, and I won't be able to do any theorizing online for a bit. (Not that I won't be making any ideas on my own in my free time) So sorry, but that's how the world works. :/

Back to theorizing, though:

Can anyone make sense of what I'm trying to say here? Do you think that some parts of my dream may actually show up in the final product? I know it seems odd to say, but years and years ago I had a weird dream similar to this one, except it revolved around the Mario Brothers. (I used to be into that kind of stuff) A year or two before New Super Mario Brothers for the Nintendo Wii came out, I had a dream about Mario being able to obtain a mushroom that gave him a propeller-esque hat. Sound familiar anyone? But that's probobally just wild deja vu, and it won't ever happen again mot likely. Right?

On 9/19/2020 at 3:35 AM, LEDminer said:

The element is getting to you.

But speaking of your dream, I also have had many experiences where I have a dream with something, then the next day this something appears in real life. I'd say it's mostly just coincidence, or at least I want to believe so...

The last part of your Gen2 dream really got me thinking on something. Since the artifact was used to ascend, what if Rockwell uses it ascend as well? If it turned humans into homo deus, what would it do to Rockwell, who is more monster than man?

Well the artifact only worked when she was placed in the "coffin" in the Tomb of Ascension. Otherwise, she probably just would have died. I don't think Rockwell would be able to survive using it if he's on a colony ship or another planet. 

Unrelated, but for the boss fight, I have an idea of how it might work. Rather than one fight and one short cutscene, I picture Rockwell fighting us, while Helena gives us advice, HLN-A taunts, and Mei-Yin (not sure why she'll still be alive, but according to the teaser she will be) helping out directly. Rockwell will scream at both of them the whole time. I imagine a scene like this:

Helena: Hurry, you must [whatever]. 

The player succeeds, weaking Rockwell. A cutscene-y bit starts and Mei-Yin attacks (perhaps with a mek) while he's confused and disoriented.

Rockwell: Argh! Savage!

HLN-A: Take that, ugly!

Rockwell: Stupid hologram. You're nothing compared to me!

And then continue some variation of that until he's defeated and we see a real cutscene. It probably won't happen, but it's plausible.

• Thanks 1