Hey question, has anyone been able to decipher the more faint holographic text that keeps moving around on the pillar's holographic banners? I don't think it's the same string of text as "Init AP Uplink" since there's only two rows of text, not 3.
My monitor is too fuzzy and small to decipher it otherwise I'd do it myself.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:46 PM, JasonTheCTM said:

Update, decoded the transmission I think, trying to post a picture of what I got but site is giving me an error -200 code for trying to attach a picture.
Yeah it won't upload. but what I'm getting is 
Init AP Uplink

Initialize Arat Prime Uplink?

"Initialize Arat Prime Uplink" is the same thing I think it means. As Silverflower1 pointed out the word "Uplink" refers to a communications link to a satellite (or the act OF sending someone something via satellite link). That's another odd similarity between this device and the hole in the Extinction cutscene. In the cutscene ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koANO557eT4 ), a large hole (which already looks very similar to the device, as Anthomnia and JasonTheCTM pointed out) opens up and shoots a beam into the sky. Not only does the beam in the cutscene look EXACTLY like the one this timer device is emitting albeit shorter, but the beam in the cutscene shoots INTO THE SKY. If the device in the cutscene and the device with the timer are the same thing, then the beam in the cutscene could be sending a transmission to a satellite above to remotely bring the ARKs down.

So needless to say, I think it's pretty obvious that the timer device is sending some sort of transmission, most likely to a satellite, given the timing of the beam's appearance and the similarities between the timer device and other devices we've seen before that likely communicate with satellites. But other than that, such as what the transmission contains or where it's going, I can't be sure at the moment, though I wouldn't say just yet that whatever's going on is evil, since usually whenever something truly evil is goin on, it's associated with the color purple (Rockwell, corruption, etc) whereas the timer device and the beam inside it are grey, the color of "good" element or just good in general (Purple="bad" element/evil).

On top of that, while the timer device and cutscene device look and act similar, I don't think this is the EXACT SAME device. The one in the cutscene shot off only one, short burst, whereas the timer device is currently holding on a long, continuous one. Here's my explanation for this: We (are meant to, not shown in-game) end up starting the reseed protocol from a secret facility on Extinction, with the hole in front of it. The thing is, there's no way during the ARKs and facility's construction that the humans would know that SPECIFIC facility would be the one the protocol would be started from. In other words, they may have constructed MANY facilities just like it across the planet to increase the chances of the protocol being started. If that's the case, then what we're seeing with this timer may be a device LIKE the one in the cutscene, just in a different place on Earth. Or maybe it IS the device from the cutscene, but doing some sort of transmission after (or maybe before?) it brought the ARKs back to Earth. There's also a possibility that this transmission may be related to this "Livingstone" person I've mentioned before (maybe he's hijacked the uplink?)

Hopefully we'll get more timer updates like this in the future.

Edited by ArkTheorist123
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JasonTheCTM said:

Hey question, has anyone been able to decipher the more faint holographic text that keeps moving around on the pillar's holographic banners? I don't think it's the same string of text as "Init AP Uplink" since there's only two rows of text, not 3.
My monitor is too fuzzy and small to decipher it otherwise I'd do it myself.

I see what you're talking about. Problem is, the lines of text are too distant/blurry/faint/blocked by brighter text for me to make out the entire bits of text. I think I was able make out a few words on the faint lines of text on the hologram behind the camera, though, such as "4" at the end of one line and "@" at the end of another (I think that one's trying to say "@survivetheark"?). But yeah, can't really make out much, though if someone was able to decipher all of it, that'd be nice.

I'm currently listening to the updated music, and... I don't know about you guys, but I am hearing something speaking in the background of the music. It is hard to hear without knowing how to filter out the music itself and applying a separate filter to make the audio more understandable. The dialogue does seem to be on a loop, though.

If any of you are able to do the filtering, please. I would very much like to hear what is being said there.

@Sosinchen I think I hear what you’re talking about. Sadly, I have no idea how to filter. Something my friend noticed earlier, though, is that the music is also named “G.” 

Side note, were the rings spinning yesterday? If so, guess I’m just oblivious. My friend pointed out that they were spinning around 11:30 est, I didn’t know if it was new or not though.

Edit: I think the voice like noise is more likely some electronics. Though I do think the music is interesting. The music itself is like the original, but more electronic, which seems to be used a lot around tek/element. For example, the ascensions, overseer especially, and lots of other tracks. This electronic stuff really appeared in aberration, which has quite a bit of tek. Enough of that though. In the background, though you can’t really hear a voice, you can definitely hear the device, and another, quieter sound my friend described as “watery.” If I had editing software, I would try to take this apart. I’m gonna still try to dissect it as much as I can without editing software.

edit 2: I’d like to give credit to the friend I keep mentioning; @Berrydust, thanks for the help fren. Also, I’m gonna see if any songs are similar to “G.”

edit 3: from doing a quick go through of the island, the only songs that have this electronic sound are Tek Cave, Overseer(though it’s a little...harsh sounding), and ascension. The one with the most electronic sounds is Tek Cave, the one with Tek in its name. This Tek/electronics thing could be a coincidence, but I’m not sure. If it seems like I’m rambling, sorry. I just think the music in this is interesting. 

Edit 4: I’m finally done skimming. Scorched earth, almost no significant sounding electronics, and se also happens to mostly not surround tek. Aberration, almost all songs have the electronic sounds, but one of the most significant is ascension. The surface has electronic sounds too, but harsher. I’ll get to that in a second. Extinction, pretty much all the songs had electronics. Some of the most notable ones were the main theme, titan fights, and ascension. The last thing I have to say on it is that it seems like whenever the sounds are harsher like on The Surface or the Titan fights, it seems to be connected with corruption, tek, or really dangerous things in general. Again, sorry for the rant. I’m done now.

Edited by Silverflower1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

I see what you're talking about. Problem is, the lines of text are too distant/blurry/faint/blocked by brighter text for me to make out the entire bits of text. I think I was able make out a few words on the faint lines of text on the hologram behind the camera, though, such as "4" at the end of one line and "@" at the end of another (I think that one's trying to say "@survivetheark"?). But yeah, can't really make out much, though if someone was able to decipher all of it, that'd be nice.

Well there's an easy way to find out, @Survivetheark appears in the Hall of History, a quick comparison of that banner to this one will tell you if it's the same text, the shading of encrypted characters and length of the banner should be similar if it is, even if you can't directly translate this new cutscene's banner due to resolution.

Edited by JasonTheCTM
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Silverflower1 said:

@JasonTheCTM that’s really cool! Something I’d like to say about that is, I don’t know if y’all know this, but Uplink is basically a communications link to a satellite. So if Arat Prime is initializing or establishing an uplink, what is it too? The arks? Another satellite? This is something minor I saw with that message, but interesting.

What if it isn't an Ark, but a space-station where the surviving Ark builders have been living?

I think there was more in orbit of Earth than just the Arks. On Extinction, survivors received the Orbital Supply Drops. Where did they come from? Who sent them?

I think this will be a new map, but not an Ark, a giant space station. 

• Like 1

Update to the above post about the holographic banners that move, To further complicate the issue, the text is upside down, it's easiest to see at 5 seconds in on the right side pillar where you can invert the camera in the video BUT, the text is obstructed. However, I can say the last 9 characters of the LONGEST string of text are 
 S D A S W A W A S (this is the encrypted character, not the decoded character)

While this itself doesn't translate to anything in the Ark Decoder, IF, there are existing Ark Codes that have the 3rd column ending in those characters, then this is a repeat of that code. Eliminating the first S from the equation gives K2 as the translation of daswawas, which could be the "This is not ARK2" message rolled into one column given it's length, or there are two columns overlapping looking like a longer singular column.

Edited by JasonTheCTM
  • Like 1

My Theory:  This could be a communication to other Home Deus or physical humans who survived off world maybe. I know it is similar to the idea of living on a station but I wonder. The end of Ark could be a complete return of Humans who survived.

Since the only surviving humans are the Homo deus it would be more... FAR more likely to be thme as opposed to Physical Humans since the overseer chamber clearly states humans are extinct.

1 minute ago, Silverflower1 said:

So, i attempted to decode some of the faint code in the background. I got "NE." I might've decoded wrong, but i think i did. The code itself looked a little cut off, though it was only on one part. So it either means " northeast, " or it was cut off and is something else.

I think they are just reflections

Latest video update has 
"AP Secure Connection"
on the main banner, currently decoding background banners

Background Banner left side
"Decrypting Incoming Datastream"

Background Banner 2nd from the left
"Verify UID Fingerbrint 24ea9458ED40XXX" (ID number may not be exact)
UID User ID?

Background Banner 2nd from right
"Command Elevation Request Granted"

Background Banner far right (hardest to make out due to interference)
"Command Recieved yscheck" (yscheck may not be entirely accurate but entering the code 5 times gave the same result each time so I might just be blind)

Background Behind
"Processing ..." (the dots are part of the translation)

Also worth noting, the beam is considerably more stable and has arcing electricity between the emitter and the first ring, the arcs throw sparks on impact. Could be damage, could be functioning as intended since TEK stuff tends to be more... showy, to begin with.

It is also worth noting the pillar behind the camera's default starting position, it's text is pinched, however changing view layouts this is probably not intentional as it's where the video meshes together, when switching to flat you can see that's where the video wraps around a central point.

Edited by JasonTheCTM
  • Like 1

I think all in all we can safely say, AP, Arat Prime, is still standing, and functional no less otherwise there wouldn't be a response. This means the following:

Arat Prime must have an Active (and stable) Power grid. Any computational systems within would not be able to respond while sputtering and rebooting every 8-10 seconds like Sanctuary's damaged power grid.
Arat Prime must have some kind of Overseer, Whether organic, Homo Deus, Homo Sapien (Diana and Mei were heading there) or A.I Based like the Ark Overseers.

Arat Prime's data uplink is of high security. While yes anything with a connection needs to be stable, Arat Prime goes the extra mile and encrypts it's datastream. This means there may be something to worry about, whether a rival human/homo Deus faction (possibly corrupted) a forgotten drone military force (mentioned by Santiago on Extinction as bolstering the corrupted's forces), or the ARK system being aware of Aberration's... less than optimal condition, Overseen by a renegade that does not comply with the original parameters.
Arat Prime had to process Privilege escalation for a user and granted it (shows us it's computational systems are still working, whatever they may be.)

The Unprovens:
We don't know if this transmitter/reciever we're observing is entirely stable. The sparks might be normal tek function like with a tek generator, replicator etc, or it might be a malfunction that's causing a slow demise of the system here due to age and neglect of said system. This transmission very well could be a one shot deal.

This could still be that hole in the extinction cutscene. While the cutscene doesn't scan our fingerprint per se, (atleast not traditionally) it does eat our Implant and keep it for authentication, afterwards we have a Homo Deus record in it's place. "Elevation Request" could be the system granting us Homo Deus status. What we're seeing now might be what's happening "under the hood" so to speak while Helena takes us on a tour of the planet and the ARK's land.

YSCheck remains dubious spelling on my part, that stuff is really hard to make out with the shimmering effects and having to pause/unpause the video to decipher various parts of said text as the entire banner isn't always perfectly visible. Take that with a grain of salt.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Silverflower1 said:

@Sosinchen I think I hear what you’re talking about. Sadly, I have no idea how to filter. Something my friend noticed earlier, though, is that the music is also named “G.” 

Side note, were the rings spinning yesterday? If so, guess I’m just oblivious. My friend pointed out that they were spinning around 11:30 est, I didn’t know if it was new or not though.

Edit: I think the voice like noise is more likely some electronics. Though I do think the music is interesting. The music itself is like the original, but more electronic, which seems to be used a lot around tek/element. For example, the ascensions, overseer especially, and lots of other tracks. This electronic stuff really appeared in aberration, which has quite a bit of tek. Enough of that though. In the background, though you can’t really hear a voice, you can definitely hear the device, and another, quieter sound my friend described as “watery.” If I had editing software, I would try to take this apart. I’m gonna still try to dissect it as much as I can without editing software.

edit 2: I’d like to give credit to the friend I keep mentioning; @Berrydust, thanks for the help fren. Also, I’m gonna see if any songs are similar to “G.”

edit 3: from doing a quick go through of the island, the only songs that have this electronic sound are Tek Cave, Overseer(though it’s a little...harsh sounding), and ascension. The one with the most electronic sounds is Tek Cave, the one with Tek in its name. This Tek/electronics thing could be a coincidence, but I’m not sure. If it seems like I’m rambling, sorry. I just think the music in this is interesting. 

Edit 4: I’m finally done skimming. Scorched earth, almost no significant sounding electronics, and se also happens to mostly not surround tek. Aberration, almost all songs have the electronic sounds, but one of the most significant is ascension. The surface has electronic sounds too, but harsher. I’ll get to that in a second. Extinction, pretty much all the songs had electronics. Some of the most notable ones were the main theme, titan fights, and ascension. The last thing I have to say on it is that it seems like whenever the sounds are harsher like on The Surface or the Titan fights, it seems to be connected with corruption, tek, or really dangerous things in general. Again, sorry for the rant. I’m done now.

The soundtrack is probably one of the most detailed parts of ARK. Take the normal credit soundtrack, for example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNVCD2WdRsA

The first 1:25 sounds like something you would hear on The Island or SE. But then the point between 1:25 and 2:22 sounds like something from Aberration, with it's "electronic" theme. And then the entire rest of that soundtrack sounds like something from Extinction (quite literally!). The mighty sounds the trumpets make during that part are kinda similar to the might of the titans. In short, the credit soundtrack perfectly matches the order and themes of the story ARKs and is a perfect example of A) How much Wildcard values the audio in this game, and B) How much Gareth Coker is underrated.

That's why the credits soundtrack for Extinction is so important ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DuEYjga48s ). It gives off this impression that you've accomplished something great, but that there's still more to come, which is basically confirmed with the electronic notes in it even after element has been purged, and of course, that guitar note at the very end.

• Like 1

I agree! I love how Gareth Coker managed to use the music to help convey the story. For the “G” soundtrack, it starts and ends with this mechanical, electronic noise presumably coming from the machine itself. Also, the soundtrack. I managed to get the song itself alone, and the timer doesn’t play all of it, it just starts in the middle. I’m gonna try to listen to it.

edit: for the most part, it sounds a lot like extinction soundtracks, with all the harsh noises and electronics, but instead of the “triumph” sounds, it has a calmer beat in places, like aberration. Which leads me to believe this is probably some sort of tek, and probably Arat Prime related. 

Edited by Silverflower1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Silverflower1 said:

I agree! I love how Gareth Coker managed to use the music to help convey the story. For the “G” soundtrack, it starts and ends with this mechanical, electronic noise presumably coming from the machine itself. Also, the soundtrack. I managed to get the song itself alone, and the timer doesn’t play all of it, it just starts in the middle. I’m gonna try to listen to it.

edit: for the most part, it sounds a lot like extinction soundtracks, with all the harsh noises and electronics, but instead of the “triumph” sounds, it has a calmer beat in places, like aberration. Which leads me to believe this is probably some sort of tek, and probably Arat Prime related. 

That would have to mean that whatever new content Wildcard is presenting us likely involves some sort of crossover between Aberration and Extinction specifically, which, given we already have Ragnarok, The Center, and Valguero, which are basically crossovers with The Island, SE, and a little bit of Aberration specifically, makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Leebum said:

My Theory:  This could be a communication to other Home Deus or physical humans who survived off world maybe. I know it is similar to the idea of living on a station but I wonder. The end of Ark could be a complete return of Humans who survived.

Since the only surviving humans are the Homo deus it would be more... FAR more likely to be thme as opposed to Physical Humans since the overseer chamber clearly states humans are extinct.

I doubt it. As OWW note #10 on Extinction says:

"I'm by far the most junior of us, but the rest of my kind can do even less than I. They cannot touch minds or leave slivers of thought. They rely on flawed proxies to oversee the grand System they created, for they can no longer manage it themselves.

It is not that they are weak, not at all. It is their power that nurtures the seeds that orbit our home, each one drawing strength from a member of our number. Yes, power they have, but nothing to guide it. Their identity, their sense of self, has decayed and crumbled.

Only I can speak for us. I, the youngest, the weakest and the last."

Given what she says here, that each Homo Deus "powers" an ARK (or maybe IS an ARK), I find it unlikely that the Homo Dei would be on some special ARK. Furthermore is what she says in her 11th and 12th Extinction notes...

"How could ones such as my elders decay like they did? I once asked the same question, but no longer. No one told me the answer. I have simply felt it as I wait, bearing down on me, bit by bit.

Think, how much have you ever seen at once? Were you able to process it all, to take in every little detail? Now imagine doing that for two such images. Now a hundred. A thousand. Ten thousand. A million.

All that knowledge, all that information, flows into us. It's what let my elders build the System. It's what let me grant you your name, One Who Tries Again, and it's what lets me speak to you now.

Yet inevitably, our minds crumble beneath the weight of all that truth, and our souls? They turn to smoke."
  ~ The One Who Waits  

"While my elders have lost themselves, I still cling to my own mind. My own heart. As much as both have changed, they are still mine, but my grip will not hold forever.

There's so much to see, so much to calculate and account for. While I speak to you, I measure the probabilities our conversation alters, and I observe another of your kin. So on and so on, ad infinitum. Without pause, without rest

There is no quiet for me anymore, no peaceful silence. I never valued it like I should have, but how could I have seen that? I knew so little then."

...Which seems to suggest that the Homo Dei have become so caught up in processing the activities of the survivors that they can no longer think about anything else, even their old personality/memories. And, judging by Helena's "death" at the end of the Extinction cutscene, it seems this effect continues even if the ARKs do go back to Earth. Becaue of this, I doubt the Homo Dei would make an appearance after Extinction AT ALL, since they would all be still stuck with the ARKs, processing information.

But wait, THERE'S MORE! Here's a quote from OWW's 8t Extinction note:

"You see those islands in the sky are seeds, and when they fall, they'll need what's left of the System's energy to bloom. So when the barren garden is fully revived, you'll lose the ability to revive yourself."

So if Wildcard really is planning to add another DLC, one taking place after the events of Extinction, how would it work if it's not meant to have a respawn mechanic? Would it be like hardcore - mode Minecraft, with one life?

I made a post on April 24th (top of page 5) talking more in depth about most of this and more, check that out if you want to find out more.

• Like 1

At 2:53 that recharging station is basically 100% proof now that Aberration impacted the planet.

Honestly I would love it if - in whatever new content this timer is meant to reference - they added a cutscene where you actually got to SEE Aberration impact the planet. If they did that I would honestly call it the best cutscene in the game's history.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

I doubt it. As OWW note #10 on Extinction says:

"I'm by far the most junior of us, but the rest of my kind can do even less than I. They cannot touch minds or leave slivers of thought. They rely on flawed proxies to oversee the grand System they created, for they can no longer manage it themselves.

It is not that they are weak, not at all. It is their power that nurtures the seeds that orbit our home, each one drawing strength from a member of our number. Yes, power they have, but nothing to guide it. Their identity, their sense of self, has decayed and crumbled.

Only I can speak for us. I, the youngest, the weakest and the last."

Given what she says here, that each Homo Deus "powers" an ARK (or maybe IS an ARK), I find it unlikely that the Homo Dei would be on some special ARK. Furthermore is what she says in her 11th and 12th Extinction notes...

"How could ones such as my elders decay like they did? I once asked the same question, but no longer. No one told me the answer. I have simply felt it as I wait, bearing down on me, bit by bit.

Think, how much have you ever seen at once? Were you able to process it all, to take in every little detail? Now imagine doing that for two such images. Now a hundred. A thousand. Ten thousand. A million.

All that knowledge, all that information, flows into us. It's what let my elders build the System. It's what let me grant you your name, One Who Tries Again, and it's what lets me speak to you now.

Yet inevitably, our minds crumble beneath the weight of all that truth, and our souls? They turn to smoke."
  ~ The One Who Waits  

"While my elders have lost themselves, I still cling to my own mind. My own heart. As much as both have changed, they are still mine, but my grip will not hold forever.

There's so much to see, so much to calculate and account for. While I speak to you, I measure the probabilities our conversation alters, and I observe another of your kin. So on and so on, ad infinitum. Without pause, without rest

There is no quiet for me anymore, no peaceful silence. I never valued it like I should have, but how could I have seen that? I knew so little then."

...Which seems to suggest that the Homo Dei have become so caught up in processing the activities of the survivors that they can no longer think about anything else, even their old personality/memories. And, judging by Helena's "death" at the end of the Extinction cutscene, it seems this effect continues even if the ARKs do go back to Earth. Becaue of this, I doubt the Homo Dei would make an appearance after Extinction AT ALL, since they would all be still stuck with the ARKs, processing information.

But wait, THERE'S MORE! Here's a quote from OWW's 8t Extinction note:

"You see those islands in the sky are seeds, and when they fall, they'll need what's left of the System's energy to bloom. So when the barren garden is fully revived, you'll lose the ability to revive yourself."

So if Wildcard really is planning to add another DLC, one taking place after the events of Extinction, how would it work if it's not meant to have a respawn mechanic? Would it be like hardcore - mode Minecraft, with one life?

I made a post on April 24th (top of page 5) talking more in depth about most of this and more, check that out if you want to find out more.

I would think that a new dls with no repsawn would likely fail to sell. I doubt there are that many people playing hardcore. wonder if they are trying some sort of battle royal hybrid?