Jump to content
Lost Island Creature Voting Is Now Closed

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunno about your thoughts on how well it swims, that's gonna be a 'let's see' for me, but as for water, there's plenty of water we can see at the bottom of the trench, which by my guess, is pretty big

Actually the simulation doesn’t simulate where we are going. That was never it’s purpose. It was to get us ready for the extremes. Every environment and creature was taken to a extreme so we are ready

Interesting idea. The element on this planet could be element in its natural form and coexists with the life on the planet. An amount of element could have then traveled to Earth by methods unkno

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

This feels dead..

Sometimes there's just nothing new to discuss. If someone thinks up something new or a different take on something old, we'll post about it, but we can't just come up with new, coherent theories every day lol.

Recently, there was an explosion of activity in this thread which started mostly because of the ExtraLife stream, and like d1nk said, I guarantee it'll be active again as soon as something new gets revealed

Edited by TinyHippo
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah guess so, just feels like a week, I’m bored and can’t find anything to do but clean up, which I’m procrastinating... I can’t play ark as RN my PC is two different both dissected PCs. I’m building a new PC using some old parts from my current one, and I’m waiting for a part to work on that...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2020 at 11:11 AM, TinyHippo said:

Well, it would seem they decided they could actually afford to hire well known voice actors and thought that they would enhance the game. Ultimately, I don't think it makes much of a difference, and HLN-A had already spoken so much that I had gotten used to her voice as well. I really wouldn't have minded HLN-A's voice actor staying the same.

Although, I've got to say, Rockwell's new voice in the teaser was awfully great.

It seems reasonable to assume that the planet we see from there is relevant. In the same solar system, or perhaps we were going to tour a series of different planets in different areas, and the five biomes were to simulate the expected conditions of five different planets. We would check out each area one at a time until we find one suitable for us.

In this case, we would be able to assume that the ocean planet that we would check was perhaps actually a moon orbiting another planet, or the planet we see over us is actually a moon of the ocean world, or maybe even it's a pluto situation where both celestial bodies orbit eachother.

It could also, I suppose, just be the planet that we are currently over that we're seeing. It could also just be a moon that they put in the simulation to influence tides.

I don't think we have any details at all about it, and it looks significantly different than the one we saw in the teasers so far, but that could also just be angling, so who knows.

I've always said that I thought the giant ring in the Ocean biome was a representation of the biome's master controller. It's certainly not part of the ship, we can see that now. But it was also obviously not supposed to be the colony ship itself, and I don't recall it ever being 'confirmed' like that.

I mean, it's not even one piece, how could it be the ship?

Somebody said that the Ragnorok map makers confirmed it as, "oh yeah, it's the Colony Ship..." I think it was Fes or somebody... If it wasn't Fes, sorry lol- but someone DEFINITELY said it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I thought up an ending prediction for Genesis Part II where we attempt to spare Rockwell, and it leads into ARK: II. Of course, it's fanmade and has several holes in it, but here we go:

(Intense Rockwell bossfight w(°o°)w)

R: STOP! ENOUGH!

H-A: Wait, Survivor!

R: It seems I might have underestimated you two... Why is it that you want to kill me anyways? It matters not wether I'm dead or alive- My master plan... My Arrival... Shall soon be complete. It is irreversible!

H-A: S-says who? I have access to not only the Genesis Simulation's inner workings, but this Ship's. With you out of the picture, it'll be a slice of cake to undo your work!

R: But what truly is my work? What is my Arrival? You are making a fatal mistake, you two... I may spare you if you surrender now.

H-A: That's a lie! And we don't care what demented plans you have for the world! Y-you're a monster! (Verge of tears) W-we can't let you live!

-Survivor is violently grabbed by 3 tentacles one at a time, heavily swaying the screen-

H-A: No!!

R: -Softly chuckles to self- You should have killed me when you had the chance, Survivor- but humans are stupid, easily distracted and foolishly compassionate...

H-A: You b***ard!

R: And as for you- Worthless robot...

H-A: -Angrily shakes side to side- You wouldn't da- (Spins out if control/view as a red X is displayed on her screen. Beeping)

R: -Excessive laughter...- Now behold! The canvas of my new world! -Rockwell innards grow over hexglass, cracking it- Once we land, the seeds of my new life shall consume the planet, the solar system, the stars and the cosmos! My godhood shall finally be complete! And you... Survivor... I'll show you what it feels like to be knocked down- to be killed over and over again in a never ending HELL for all who are rebellious to my glory... You brought this fate upon yourself, Survivor- and now it is time for you to FACE IT! -Tentacles tighten- MY ARRIVAL IS SOON!! MAY THE VERY FABRIC OF THIS PITIFUL UNIVERSE CRIPPLE UNDER THE MAJESTY OF IT'S NEW GOD!! SIR EDMUND ROCKWELL! -Looks us in eye as tentacles further tighten. Read further, it's not what you think you ruffian- The others are waiting for you Survivor... Don't keep them waiting...

-The tentacles let go except for one. It yanks us back in a slow motion limbo as memories flash before our eyes. (Sad music) The Island. Scorched Earth. Abberation. Extinction. Genesis. Helena. HLN-A. The Reseed Protocol. Rockwell. Everything. We are released at high speed sending us sailing through a hallway in the Colony Ship, where we hit a wall (Quite hard actually) Everything goes blurry. Dizzy. We are quickly met with Helena, Diana and Mei Yin. HLN-A is nowhere to be found.-

M: No! It's too late.

HW: Survivor. Wake up Survivor!

D We have to do something!

M: We can't! The machine is landing!

D : What do we do?

HW: Nothing... We have lost this fight... For now.

-All characters look out of a nearby window as a sad orchestra bellows. Mei's right. The machine is landing.-

-Rockwell chuckles/Credit roll-

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This can't be the ending. They've set up too much of a story. Not to mention they are THE survival game. THE. We also have Rockwell's army, his new world, the corruption, The Arrival, etc. You don't set all that up for us to not see any of it- most of which would only be seen if Rockwell's plan succeeded. (I actually hope it does.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2020 at 10:42 PM, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Somebody said that the Ragnorok map makers confirmed it as, "oh yeah, it's the Colony Ship..." I think it was Fes or somebody... If it wasn't Fes, sorry lol- but someone DEFINITELY said it.

Guilty as charged.
I only found out recently that the person who i got this from, isn't actually part of the dev team, but only a moderator (who doesn't have that kind of info), so yeah, sorry for that.
Funny though that the map actually ended up being ring shaped

Edited by Fes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, what do you guys think about the announcement on the 10th of december ?

There are people saying it's gonna be ark 2, but i honestly doubt it, considering that gen 2, once again the "end" of arks story I'm looking at you, extinction, isn't even out yet.
Not to mention that when wildcard announces stuff like this, it's usually something big, but not this big.
I just feel like it's gonna be something different than a whole new game or more DLC, but still important. Maybe mods on console, free to play or anything like that.
Any other theories ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fes said:

By the way, what do you guys think about the announcement on the 10th of december ?

There are people saying it's gonna be ark 2, but i honestly doubt it, considering that gen 2, once again the "end" of arks story I'm looking at you, extinction, isn't even out yet.
Not to mention that when wildcard announces stuff like this, it's usually something big, but not this big.
I just feel like it's gonna be something different than a whole new game or more DLC, but still important. Maybe mods on console, free to play or anything like that.
Any other theories ?

They genetically engineered dinosaurs in real life, and with the discovery of element, they're announcing the construction of a new real life Ark game, where they actually put you on a real ark. A step above VR gameplay.

Also, Rockwell escaped from the game and recreated the noglin, and the whole world is currently at risk.

She used a screenshot from the trailer that introduced Island Ascension, it'd be kinda strange to go all the way back to grab that image for no particular reason. Perhaps, the ascension on this map is crazy? But then again, what could warrant ascension being 'beyond anything we've ever done prior.'

Imagine if as you ascended, you gained access to new parts of the map. The map is bigger than any of their other maps so far, it's possible for them to have entire map-sized areas for each of the four ascension levels for Gen2. Each ascension level could have its own boss fight to ascend further, too.
Or maybe as you ascend in the ship, you gain the ability to activate certain parts of the ship? I'm not really sure how this would work in practice, but maybe you could activate environmental hazards or close doors or something.
Either way, neither of those really seems like it'd be the whole announcement.

And, this is assuming it has something to do with ascension at all and I'm not looking too deep into the image picked, but still, it seems strange that to pick out that picture from years ago for no reason.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

They genetically engineered dinosaurs in real life, and with the discovery of element, they're announcing the construction of a new real life Ark game, where they actually put you on a real ark. A step above VR gameplay.

Perfect, can't wait for troodons to shred me irl ;D
 

1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

She used a screenshot from the trailer that introduced Island Ascension, it'd be kinda strange to go all the way back to grab that image for no particular reason.  [...]

And, this is assuming it has something to do with ascension at all and I'm not looking too deep into the image picked, but still, it seems strange that to pick out that picture from years ago for no reason.

i would assume she just did it for the gesture, as a "hhmmm" expression ?

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fes said:

Perfect, can't wait for troodons to shred me irl ;D
 

i would assume she just did it for the gesture, as a "hhmmm" expression ?

 

Possible, sure, but going years back just for a 'hmmm'?

Granted, they might just have pictures like that sitting around somewhere that she picked and it just happened to be from that trailer

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

They genetically engineered dinosaurs in real life, and with the discovery of element, they're announcing the construction of a new real life Ark game, where they actually put you on a real ark. A step above VR gameplay.

Also, Rockwell escaped from the game and recreated the noglin, and the whole world is currently at risk.

She used a screenshot from the trailer that introduced Island Ascension, it'd be kinda strange to go all the way back to grab that image for no particular reason. Perhaps, the ascension on this map is crazy? But then again, what could warrant ascension being 'beyond anything we've ever done prior.'

Imagine if as you ascended, you gained access to new parts of the map. The map is bigger than any of their other maps so far, it's possible for them to have entire map-sized areas for each of the four ascension levels for Gen2. Each ascension level could have its own boss fight to ascend further, too.
Or maybe as you ascend in the ship, you gain the ability to activate certain parts of the ship? I'm not really sure how this would work in practice, but maybe you could activate environmental hazards or close doors or something.
Either way, neither of those really seems like it'd be the whole announcement.

And, this is assuming it has something to do with ascension at all and I'm not looking too deep into the image picked, but still, it seems strange that to pick out that picture from years ago for no reason.

Reading this thread is going to make actual gen2 seem worse because of all this what could have been hah

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

They genetically engineered dinosaurs in real life, and with the discovery of element, they're announcing the construction of a new real life Ark game, where they actually put you on a real ark. A step above VR gameplay.

Also, Rockwell escaped from the game and recreated the noglin, and the whole world is currently at risk.

Can I get plastic surgery to make my body look like my ark dude!!!?? Will I be able to have a dumb *** spear fight with my friends and then respawn!!!?? Can I go into the jungle and find my long lost beaver and my shine horn irl?? hopefully these questions are answered and more on December 10th 😂😂😂 Also as long as it’s not the poglin I’m fine with just the next episode of 2020

Edited by Bigchingus7890
Fixed a misspelling
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, d1nk said:

Reading this thread is going to make actual gen2 seem worse because of all this what could have been hah

Sure it may have been mostly pulled out of thin air and only loosely based on a picture which may or may not have been picked for any important reason at all, but regardless of the context wouldn't it be real cool?

We have to fight Rockwell back off parts of the ship to gain access codes and reach other parts of the ship and in the end we get control of the security systems and march an army of those auto-meks to purge Rockwell from the ship!

Well now I'm really just thinking up stuff randomly, but the point is, I like my idea, and despite how little reason I have to believe it, I will believe it until it becomes reality.

 

That aside, I'm sure a lot of people have thought a lot about this, myself included, but I want to bring it up...
Where is the astrodelphis?
None of the biomes we've seen so far really look like a fitting home for it, and we haven't seen it directly anywhere outside of concept art and the 'Your New Ride' teaser.
Running off the name, it would make sense for it to be in space, is it possible that we can actually fly between the rings as well instead of just using the trench?
Perhaps they just fly awfully high?
Do we get to travel around outside the ship at all? Will we see other astrocreatures?
Will we have a mission where we're flying around the ship's hull and break in somewhere? Imagine if we made that hole in the glass in the teaser video

There's a lot of questions left around this one and they didn't really explain much other than it being fast and having laser turrets.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

Sure it may have been mostly pulled out of thin air and only loosely based on a picture which may or may not have been picked for any important reason at all, but regardless of the context wouldn't it be real cool?

We have to fight Rockwell back off parts of the ship to gain access codes and reach other parts of the ship and in the end we get control of the security systems and march an army of those auto-meks to purge Rockwell from the ship!

Well now I'm really just thinking up stuff randomly, but the point is, I like my idea, and despite how little reason I have to believe it, I will believe it until it becomes reality.

 

That aside, I'm sure a lot of people have thought a lot about this, myself included, but I want to bring it up...
Where is the astrodelphis?
None of the biomes we've seen so far really look like a fitting home for it, and we haven't seen it directly anywhere outside of concept art and the 'Your New Ride' teaser.
Running off the name, it would make sense for it to be in space, is it possible that we can actually fly between the rings as well instead of just using the trench?
Perhaps they just fly awfully high?
Do we get to travel around outside the ship at all? Will we see other astrocreatures?
Will we have a mission where we're flying around the ship's hull and break in somewhere? Imagine if we made that hole in the glass in the teaser video

There's a lot of questions left around this one and they didn't really explain much other than it being fast and having laser turrets.

Well of course it would be cool. That's what I mean by itll make the actual gen2 seem worse :P

I always like the creativity in these threads more than the actual storyline. Keep at it :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...