On 11/17/2020 at 8:11 AM, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

But I do wonder why they're so inconsistent with the voice actors? Kinda ticks me off ngl.

Well, it would seem they decided they could actually afford to hire well known voice actors and thought that they would enhance the game. Ultimately, I don't think it makes much of a difference, and HLN-A had already spoken so much that I had gotten used to her voice as well. I really wouldn't have minded HLN-A's voice actor staying the same.

Although, I've got to say, Rockwell's new voice in the teaser was awfully great.

23 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

A strange thing happened the other day while I was yet again exploring the Ocean Biome with Ned the Noodle (My blerdsterker) and I noticed something peculiar. The nearby planet, visible at nighttime has quite a bit of prominent white on the bottom of it.

-I don't have a picture because it's too big to insert but trust me. It does bear a lighter appearance than that of the one in the Genesis Part II trailer, but it's still potentially it!-

Why is this important? Well, for a while I did have in the back of my head a small (Unshared) theory about how all of the Simulated biomes are either:

1. The same planet in different time periods. Starting at either the Bog or the Ocean. (The Bog is reminiscent of the origin place of human life back on Earth according to HLN-A), then it would transition to Volcanic, then Snow and finally the shattered alien moon. There are a lot of obvious holes, bumps and scratches in this theory, so It's been eliminated.

2. (The unshared theory) Perhaps all of these planets take place in the same solar system? I have recently dwelt over this though a few times because of this planet. Could it be possible that the Arctic biome represents that highly elevated point on that strange planet that the Ocean biome is orbiting? There are definitely holes in this theory too...

It seems reasonable to assume that the planet we see from there is relevant. In the same solar system, or perhaps we were going to tour a series of different planets in different areas, and the five biomes were to simulate the expected conditions of five different planets. We would check out each area one at a time until we find one suitable for us.

In this case, we would be able to assume that the ocean planet that we would check was perhaps actually a moon orbiting another planet, or the planet we see over us is actually a moon of the ocean world, or maybe even it's a pluto situation where both celestial bodies orbit eachother.

It could also, I suppose, just be the planet that we are currently over that we're seeing. It could also just be a moon that they put in the simulation to influence tides.

I don't think we have any details at all about it, and it looks significantly different than the one we saw in the teasers so far, but that could also just be angling, so who knows.

23 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

A very odd thing that I've noticed, is that the "confirmed" Colony Ship from Genesis Part I, doesn't match the Colony Ship from the Genesis Part II trailer. I have a picture of the "new" Colony Ship, but not the other one:

ARK: Survival Evolved - ARK: Genesis Part 2 Teaser Trailer. Extra Life  Livestream Reveals, & TLC Pass 3! - Steam News

Now, a thing that you should notice right off of the bat is that, yes, they are both circular, but no, they are not the same shape, and the Colony Ship in the Simulation lacks the additional bits to it.

Perhaps the old Colony Ship was just:

1. A way to throw us off

2. A completely different structure, such as the Ship's destination?

3. Yet ANOTHER inconsistency...

What do you guys think?

I've always said that I thought the giant ring in the Ocean biome was a representation of the biome's master controller. It's certainly not part of the ship, we can see that now. But it was also obviously not supposed to be the colony ship itself, and I don't recall it ever being 'confirmed' like that.

I mean, it's not even one piece, how could it be the ship?

Edited by TinyHippo

Maybe it’s a piece of the ship, some satellites and space stations and stuff are sent up in segments, then built in space. Also maybe it’s not one of the ships main rings...

also, based on the images, it looks like we will always look up and to the sides, and see the rest of the biomes, as it looks like we are on the inside of two rings, which presumably have sections to cross to one another,  and the map will be a loop? If it is that would be very cool, but I’m not sure that’s possible based on what ik. But maybe...

41 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

This feels dead..

Sometimes there's just nothing new to discuss. If someone thinks up something new or a different take on something old, we'll post about it, but we can't just come up with new, coherent theories every day lol.

Recently, there was an explosion of activity in this thread which started mostly because of the ExtraLife stream, and like d1nk said, I guarantee it'll be active again as soon as something new gets revealed

Edited by TinyHippo
  • Like 4

Yeah guess so, just feels like a week, I’m bored and can’t find anything to do but clean up, which I’m procrastinating... I can’t play ark as RN my PC is two different both dissected PCs. I’m building a new PC using some old parts from my current one, and I’m waiting for a part to work on that...

On 11/18/2020 at 11:11 AM, TinyHippo said:

Well, it would seem they decided they could actually afford to hire well known voice actors and thought that they would enhance the game. Ultimately, I don't think it makes much of a difference, and HLN-A had already spoken so much that I had gotten used to her voice as well. I really wouldn't have minded HLN-A's voice actor staying the same.

Although, I've got to say, Rockwell's new voice in the teaser was awfully great.

It seems reasonable to assume that the planet we see from there is relevant. In the same solar system, or perhaps we were going to tour a series of different planets in different areas, and the five biomes were to simulate the expected conditions of five different planets. We would check out each area one at a time until we find one suitable for us.

In this case, we would be able to assume that the ocean planet that we would check was perhaps actually a moon orbiting another planet, or the planet we see over us is actually a moon of the ocean world, or maybe even it's a pluto situation where both celestial bodies orbit eachother.

It could also, I suppose, just be the planet that we are currently over that we're seeing. It could also just be a moon that they put in the simulation to influence tides.

I don't think we have any details at all about it, and it looks significantly different than the one we saw in the teasers so far, but that could also just be angling, so who knows.

I've always said that I thought the giant ring in the Ocean biome was a representation of the biome's master controller. It's certainly not part of the ship, we can see that now. But it was also obviously not supposed to be the colony ship itself, and I don't recall it ever being 'confirmed' like that.

I mean, it's not even one piece, how could it be the ship?

Somebody said that the Ragnorok map makers confirmed it as, "oh yeah, it's the Colony Ship..." I think it was Fes or somebody... If it wasn't Fes, sorry lol- but someone DEFINITELY said it.

Also I thought up an ending prediction for Genesis Part II where we attempt to spare Rockwell, and it leads into ARK: II. Of course, it's fanmade and has several holes in it, but here we go:

(Intense Rockwell bossfight w(°o°)w)

R: STOP! ENOUGH!

H-A: Wait, Survivor!

R: It seems I might have underestimated you two... Why is it that you want to kill me anyways? It matters not wether I'm dead or alive- My master plan... My Arrival... Shall soon be complete. It is irreversible!

H-A: S-says who? I have access to not only the Genesis Simulation's inner workings, but this Ship's. With you out of the picture, it'll be a slice of cake to undo your work!

R: But what truly is my work? What is my Arrival? You are making a fatal mistake, you two... I may spare you if you surrender now.

H-A: That's a lie! And we don't care what demented plans you have for the world! Y-you're a monster! (Verge of tears) W-we can't let you live!

-Survivor is violently grabbed by 3 tentacles one at a time, heavily swaying the screen-

H-A: No!!

R: -Softly chuckles to self- You should have killed me when you had the chance, Survivor- but humans are stupid, easily distracted and foolishly compassionate...

H-A: You b***ard!

R: And as for you- Worthless robot...

H-A: -Angrily shakes side to side- You wouldn't da- (Spins out if control/view as a red X is displayed on her screen. Beeping)

R: -Excessive laughter...- Now behold! The canvas of my new world! -Rockwell innards grow over hexglass, cracking it- Once we land, the seeds of my new life shall consume the planet, the solar system, the stars and the cosmos! My godhood shall finally be complete! And you... Survivor... I'll show you what it feels like to be knocked down- to be killed over and over again in a never ending HELL for all who are rebellious to my glory... You brought this fate upon yourself, Survivor- and now it is time for you to FACE IT! -Tentacles tighten- MY ARRIVAL IS SOON!! MAY THE VERY FABRIC OF THIS PITIFUL UNIVERSE CRIPPLE UNDER THE MAJESTY OF IT'S NEW GOD!! SIR EDMUND ROCKWELL! -Looks us in eye as tentacles further tighten. Read further, it's not what you think you ruffian- The others are waiting for you Survivor... Don't keep them waiting...

-The tentacles let go except for one. It yanks us back in a slow motion limbo as memories flash before our eyes. (Sad music) The Island. Scorched Earth. Abberation. Extinction. Genesis. Helena. HLN-A. The Reseed Protocol. Rockwell. Everything. We are released at high speed sending us sailing through a hallway in the Colony Ship, where we hit a wall (Quite hard actually) Everything goes blurry. Dizzy. We are quickly met with Helena, Diana and Mei Yin. HLN-A is nowhere to be found.-

M: No! It's too late.

HW: Survivor. Wake up Survivor!

D We have to do something!

M: We can't! The machine is landing!

D : What do we do?

HW: Nothing... We have lost this fight... For now.

-All characters look out of a nearby window as a sad orchestra bellows. Mei's right. The machine is landing.-

-Rockwell chuckles/Credit roll-

• Like 1

This can't be the ending. They've set up too much of a story. Not to mention they are THE survival game. THE. We also have Rockwell's army, his new world, the corruption, The Arrival, etc. You don't set all that up for us to not see any of it- most of which would only be seen if Rockwell's plan succeeded. (I actually hope it does.)

On 11/21/2020 at 10:42 PM, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Somebody said that the Ragnorok map makers confirmed it as, "oh yeah, it's the Colony Ship..." I think it was Fes or somebody... If it wasn't Fes, sorry lol- but someone DEFINITELY said it.

Guilty as charged.
I only found out recently that the person who i got this from, isn't actually part of the dev team, but only a moderator (who doesn't have that kind of info), so yeah, sorry for that.
Funny though that the map actually ended up being ring shaped

Edited by Fes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

By the way, what do you guys think about the announcement on the 10th of december ?

There are people saying it's gonna be ark 2, but i honestly doubt it, considering that gen 2, once again the "end" of arks story I'm looking at you, extinction, isn't even out yet.
Not to mention that when wildcard announces stuff like this, it's usually something big, but not this big.
I just feel like it's gonna be something different than a whole new game or more DLC, but still important. Maybe mods on console, free to play or anything like that.
Any other theories ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fes said:

By the way, what do you guys think about the announcement on the 10th of december ?

There are people saying it's gonna be ark 2, but i honestly doubt it, considering that gen 2, once again the "end" of arks story I'm looking at you, extinction, isn't even out yet.
Not to mention that when wildcard announces stuff like this, it's usually something big, but not this big.
I just feel like it's gonna be something different than a whole new game or more DLC, but still important. Maybe mods on console, free to play or anything like that.
Any other theories ?

They genetically engineered dinosaurs in real life, and with the discovery of element, they're announcing the construction of a new real life Ark game, where they actually put you on a real ark. A step above VR gameplay.

Also, Rockwell escaped from the game and recreated the noglin, and the whole world is currently at risk.

She used a screenshot from the trailer that introduced Island Ascension, it'd be kinda strange to go all the way back to grab that image for no particular reason. Perhaps, the ascension on this map is crazy? But then again, what could warrant ascension being 'beyond anything we've ever done prior.'

Imagine if as you ascended, you gained access to new parts of the map. The map is bigger than any of their other maps so far, it's possible for them to have entire map-sized areas for each of the four ascension levels for Gen2. Each ascension level could have its own boss fight to ascend further, too.
Or maybe as you ascend in the ship, you gain the ability to activate certain parts of the ship? I'm not really sure how this would work in practice, but maybe you could activate environmental hazards or close doors or something.
Either way, neither of those really seems like it'd be the whole announcement.

And, this is assuming it has something to do with ascension at all and I'm not looking too deep into the image picked, but still, it seems strange that to pick out that picture from years ago for no reason.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

They genetically engineered dinosaurs in real life, and with the discovery of element, they're announcing the construction of a new real life Ark game, where they actually put you on a real ark. A step above VR gameplay.

Perfect, can't wait for troodons to shred me irl ;D

1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

She used a screenshot from the trailer that introduced Island Ascension, it'd be kinda strange to go all the way back to grab that image for no particular reason.  [...]

And, this is assuming it has something to do with ascension at all and I'm not looking too deep into the image picked, but still, it seems strange that to pick out that picture from years ago for no reason.

i would assume she just did it for the gesture, as a "hhmmm" expression ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fes said:

Perfect, can't wait for troodons to shred me irl ;D

i would assume she just did it for the gesture, as a "hhmmm" expression ?

Possible, sure, but going years back just for a 'hmmm'?

Granted, they might just have pictures like that sitting around somewhere that she picked and it just happened to be from that trailer