4 minutes ago, Fes said:

https://gyazo.com/ed20bb129eb5d306854d6d7111f6375f

Ok so the Noglin can attach onto creatures ( and survivors ) with it's tongue and once it's attached it can mindcontroll them.

About the taming, from what i'm getting there's sacrifice involved so it looks like it will be something similar to troodon taming

I bet it can explode the hosts head when it’s done mind controlling it 

In the trailer, I saw:

Brontos, stegos, pteros, compies, rhinos, dimorphs (i think, it was barely visible,) glow bugs, seekers, striders, the meks, and the tekuus (tek equus, the giant machine horse things.)

Also of note, the tekuus "ate" both rocks and trees.

Also, just noticed that one of the three pteros, was actually a quetzal.

Edited by TinyHippo

7 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

In the trailer, I saw:

Brontos, stegos, pteros, compies, rhinos, dimorphs (i think, it was barely visible,) glow bugs, seekers, striders, the meks, and the tekuus (tek equus, the giant machine horse things.)

Also of note, the tekuus "ate" both rocks and trees.

I kinda thought the strider materialized itself out of thin air but then i noticed glowing tracks appearing on the ground before the strider itself was visible, so my guess would be that unlike the rock drake, the creature itself can be completely invisible, but it does leave visible tracks while staying cloaked

2 minutes ago, Fes said:

I kinda thought the strider materialized itself out of thin air but then i noticed glowing tracks appearing on the ground before the strider itself was visible, so my guess would be that unlike the rock drake, the creature itself can be completely invisible, but it does leave visible tracks while staying cloaked

Yea I actually dubbed it a rock tiger because of its similarity to the rock drake before I remembered it had a temp name already

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fes said:

By the way everyone, the genesis chronicles are back !
We got five new notes to find ( although i'm honestly not sure where to look ) and the set of skins we're gradually unlocking this time is called "Federation exo suit".

Also, for everyone who has the genesis season pass, there's a free chibi for the noglin.

Noglin_chibi.png

Thanks Dude, I did not know. 
where do I get the chibi from?

Edited by Bigchingus7890

1 minute ago, Fes said:

By the way everyone, the genesis chronicles are back !
We got five new notes to find ( although i'm honestly not sure where to look ) and the set of skins we're gradually unlocking this time is called "Federation exo suit".

Also, for everyone who has the genesis season pass, there's a free chibi for the noglin.

Noglin_chibi.png

WHAT

Logging in to start searching now, do you know at least what maps?

9 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

WHAT

Logging in to start searching now, do you know at least what maps?

I think they are all on the island ? I'm still not sure where though
EDIT: They definitely are on the island, in the explorer notes tab they are present when reducing the notes to the island, so they gotta be there somewhere
PS: Don't forget to equip the HLNA Skin since we needed it for the last chronicles too

Edited by Fes

12 minutes ago, Fes said:

I think they are all on the island ? I'm still not sure where though
EDIT: They definitely are on the island, in the explorer notes tab they are present when reducing the notes to the island, so they gotta be there somewhere
PS: Don't forget to equip the HLNA Skin since we needed it for the last chronicles too

I found one in the Caverns of Lost Hope, gonna check the other caves after

It was on a bridge at about 48.2, 80.3

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

I found one in the Caverns of Lost Hope, gonna check the other caves after

It was on a bridge at about 48.2, 80.3

Oh man, i can't seem to find it, you don't happen to have a screeshot of the exact location ?

EDIT: Nvm, i also got it and it's also bugged for me

Edited by Fes

19 minutes ago, Fes said:

Oh man, i can't seem to find it, you don't happen to have a screeshot of the exact location ?

EDIT: Nvm, i also got it and it's also bugged for me

Nice that you got it. I dont have the exact location because I was speeding by with leggings at the time so by the time I noticed it, I had already passed it.

I'm not sure if it's that helpful, but i thought we could analyze the trailer better with it, so i decided to write down rockwells speech from the trailer:

Welcome survivor.

Enjoy the view.

You see before you the pinnacle of mankinds ingenuity.

All of humanities hopes and dreams, carefully nestled within this lifeboat, each of its shining rings are labeled with miracles of science and nature.

Paradise.

Where the boundary between the biological and technological has been all but errased.

And now all of it … is mine.

I control this vessel now.

I command its evolution.

And very soon its destination.

From there my will shall spread across the cosmos, forever.

Infinite and undying.

And there's nothing you or that witless puppet, that shadow of her, can do to stop me.

I have already set my designs in motion.

Our future awaits, survivor.

Thx to the modding discord i got the locations of all the notes:

Spoiler

Genesis 2 Chronicles #1, The Island, North West Cave Cheat SetPlayerPos -248070 -242353 -11370

Genesis 2 Chronicles #2, The Island, The Caverns of Lost Hope cheat setplayerpos 242400 -13600 -18140

Genesis 2 Chronicles #3, The Island, Lower South Cave cheat setplayerpos 29934 264939 -20935

Genesis 2 Chronicles #4, The Island, North East Cave cheat setplayerpos 280827 -275842 -15390

Genesis 2 Chronicles #5, The Island, The Caverns of Lost Faith cheat setplayerpos -230329 89362 -25180

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Fes said:

Thx to the modding discord i got the locations of all the notes:

Hide contents

Genesis 2 Chronicles #1, The Island, North West Cave Cheat SetPlayerPos -248070 -242353 -11370

Genesis 2 Chronicles #2, The Island, The Caverns of Lost Hope cheat setplayerpos 242400 -13600 -18140

Genesis 2 Chronicles #3, The Island, Lower South Cave cheat setplayerpos 29934 264939 -20935

Genesis 2 Chronicles #4, The Island, North East Cave cheat setplayerpos 280827 -275842 -15390

Genesis 2 Chronicles #5, The Island, The Caverns of Lost Faith cheat setplayerpos -230329 89362 -25180

What are the coords on these?

On 11/2/2020 at 9:05 PM, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

I honestly hope we don't spawn with Tek Armor... ARK may have extensive and rich lore, (Good enough to rival that of even FNAF's) but at it's core, it's a survival game. We'd be missing out on that classic cloth and hide, maybe even the chitin, flak and riot. If we're missing out on that, what else will we be missing out on? Spears? Thatch huts? Wooden huts? Mortars and pestles? Naw, that's not the ARK we know and love. Genesis bent the ARK norms out of order, and I just hope that Gen2 doesn't shatter the ARK that we know and always come back to. There has to be some other use for that armor. Maybe we DO progress normally, and the armor is late game, for example, after beating the final boss that could have stolen it from us at the end of Genesis? I'm pulling at straws here... Starting with "Refined" Tek tools, armor and weapons would rob us of a great Survival experience. I just dunno what to think- I need reassurance.

I just remembered this post after the reveal just know, they just confirmed that you're gonna spawn with a federation tek suit and that the map is also built with that in mind ( some places might require the jetpack to get to ).

Although they also said that it kinda works like a skin at the same time, so you can put on other armour too while keeping the functionality

4 hours ago, Fes said:

Although they also said that it kinda works like a skin at the same time, so you can put on other armour too while keeping the functionality

I imagine it will have pretty low base armor so that survivors are still encouraged to "upgrade" while still receiving the benefits of a Tek Suit like Jetpack and Falling Boots. Atleast that's the only way I can really think of that would be balanced.