Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting idea. The element on this planet could be element in its natural form and coexists with the life on the planet. An amount of element could have then traveled to Earth by methods unkno

Actually the simulation doesn’t simulate where we are going. That was never it’s purpose. It was to get us ready for the extremes. Every environment and creature was taken to a extreme so we are ready

Dunno about your thoughts on how well it swims, that's gonna be a 'let's see' for me, but as for water, there's plenty of water we can see at the bottom of the trench, which by my guess, is pretty big

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ImOnFyre said:

Soooooo.... another teaser image has blessed us. What do you all think?Ark_Gen2_Haloween_Promo_3168x1782_lo.jpg

Also if you look at the creatures mouth there is a crease. It is a bit strange on a creature that size and suggests that the mouth can open in two halves and not just the average way for a mouth to open. Typical for alien design in games but when used the creature is almost always hostile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ImOnFyre said:

I find the Tek design interesting. They are really sticking to the new Federation tek suit design we say at the end of Genesis. Makes me think that tek suit is gonna be real important.

Yea I'm kinda excited to see what the Feddie tek suit does and what changes were made to it. I find it interesting that they would take off the jetpack for a suit used in a space-fairing colony ship though. It just seems like a bad idea to me.

1 hour ago, ImOnFyre said:

Also if you look at the creatures mouth there is a crease. It is a bit strange on a creature that size and suggests that the mouth can open in two halves and not just the average way for a mouth to open. Typical for alien design in games but when used the creature is almost always hostile.

Ooooh nice catch, I hadn't noticed that. that's a lot of mouth on such a little creature. I can't wait to see how it attacks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else noticed the line going straight down from it's mouth ? Looks kinda like it would be able to open it's body along it or something like that.
Btw,  i saw a hint on twitter ( i attached it for anyone too lazy to search ), which leads me to believe that this thing is gonna change its body in one way or another, whether it's gonna tranform ferox style or if it will do something like open its chest and reveal something horrific

f529a862e952ddcf521fb4c0059766ae.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Fes said:

Has anyone else noticed the line going straight down from it's mouth ? Looks kinda like it would be able to open it's body along it or something like that.
Btw,  i saw a hint on twitter ( i attached it for anyone too lazy to search ), which leads me to believe that this thing is gonna change its body in one way or another, whether it's gonna tranform ferox style or if it will do something like open its chest and reveal something horrific

f529a862e952ddcf521fb4c0059766ae.png

Yea we were just talking about that line, it looks like it opens up to a really big mouth.

As for the shapeshifting part, I won't say that's not the case, but I think you're extrapolating too much here. Something can be cute, but if it starts killing people, (most) people would say it isn't cute anymore. It doesn't have to actually change its form to become not cute.

I think it shoots its tongue out really fast or something and it hits like a bullet. I'm thinking like a frog grabbing a bug only instead of grabbing it the tongue just pierces right through the target and kills them. It would make for an interesting shoulder pet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Yea we were just talking about that line, it looks like it opens up to a really big mouth.

Oh damn, i somehow managed to miss the 3 posts before mine, my bad

39 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

As for the shapeshifting part, I won't say that's not the case, but I think you're extrapolating too much here. Something can be cute, but if it starts killing people, (most) people would say it isn't cute anymore. It doesn't have to actually change its form to become not cute.

Didn't think about it like that, makes sense to me

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

I’m also wondering if we can’t see how far that line goes  what if it’s all mouth 

I'd also like to see that. From what I can tell, it looks like it goes at least a third of the way down, and I'd guess around halfway but it's hard to say for sure with the helmet in the way

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

I'd also like to see that. From what I can tell, it looks like it goes at least a third of the way down, and I'd guess around halfway but it's hard to say for sure with the helmet in the way

Man ark survivor better save the cat but then again they never should have brought the alien back to the ship lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly because we can't see the whole creature we cannot tell what the creases purpose is. I just know that what I have seen for years with that design is the mouth instead of opening in 2 opens into 3 parts and there is some interesting trait about the mount like multiple rows of teeth, acid spit, or a enlarged parts of their mouth. I want to know which trait this one will have.

Edited by ImOnFyre
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

 

I so it’s definitely quite different from URE tek. It’s a whole lot sleeker and has less sharp edges. Seems to me like a theme with Fed tek vs URE tek. Fed tek is sleeker, more refined, but lacks some of the key abilities and traits like a jet pack. It seems to me just looking at the different tek and the different ways the two nations solved problems the URE was a whole lot more militaristic than the fedies.

Edited by ImOnFyre
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ImOnFyre said:

Fed tek is sleeker, more refined, but lacks some of the key abilities and traits like a jet pack.

Idk, I think if you look at that Halloween promo for GP2 you can kind of see something that looks similar to a jetpack on the back of the suit. Or maybe it's some kind of backpack?

1501420326_Tek_Suit_Jetpack_LI(2)(2).thumb.jpg.097fe4a18362a267d64405b8afbd8057.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Idk, I think if you look at that Halloween promo for GP2 you can kind of see something that looks similar to a jetpack on the back of the suit. Or maybe it's some kind of backpack?

1501420326_Tek_Suit_Jetpack_LI(2)(2).thumb.jpg.097fe4a18362a267d64405b8afbd8057.jpg

I only say without a jetpack because in genesis the tek suit lacked a ton of the main abilities and the things that caused those abilities seemed to be removed from the suit but idk it could be different in GP2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Idk, I think if you look at that Halloween promo for GP2 you can kind of see something that looks similar to a jetpack on the back of the suit. Or maybe it's some kind of backpack?

1501420326_Tek_Suit_Jetpack_LI(2)(2).thumb.jpg.097fe4a18362a267d64405b8afbd8057.jpg

It could be O2 I think gen2 will have space, And you can’t breathe in space 

 

makes sense to me 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2020 at 1:00 PM, ImOnFyre said:

Sadly because we can't see the whole creature we cannot tell what the creases purpose is. I just know that what I have seen for years with that design is the mouth instead of opening in 2 opens into 3 parts and there is some interesting trait about the mount like multiple rows of teeth, acid spit, or a enlarged parts of their mouth. I want to know which trait this one will have.

What if it has a creased mouth and another mouth in that mouth but also another creased mouth LOL

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

It could be O2 I think gen2 will have space, And you can’t breathe in space 

 

makes sense to me 

that's interesting cos then that would be another difference between the designs of URE and fed tek since the URE tek has built in O2 that doesn't have an impact the design visually.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A little review of some important lore-related things is definitely due. We need to crack some of this stuff before ExtraLife, and see if we were correct...

ARAT PRIME: Somehow connected to Genesis, potentially the ARKs and the Sanctuary.

SANCTUARY: Pinnacle of man. Potentially connected to ARAT PRIME and/or creation/testing place of the ARKs. May have been build over an Element Vein. Tek-Protectors gone awry.

ARKs: Seeds of life. Come back down to Earth after the Element on planet Earth has been whittled down. Host to Dinosaurs and Fantasy Creatures. May be connected to ARAT PRIME. Connected to the GENESIS SIMULATION.

Link to post
Share on other sites

GENESIS SIMULATION: Connected to ARAT PRIME and the ARKs. Programming began in the TEK ERA and wrapped up when humanity started going down the drain. Created in prep for THE ARRIVAL. ROCKWELL has taken over and used it as a testing/training/corrupting/enslaving site where he reigns supreme. Connected to the COLONY SHIP.

COLONY SHIP: Filled with TRAPPED SURVIVORS waiting to pass the GENESIS SIMULATION. Home to absurd amounts of TEK ARMOR CONTAINERS and possibly TEK WEAPONRY... as if it was preparing us for a huge threat. Now home to CORRUPTION and potentially SIR EDMUND ROCKWELL.

Link to post
Share on other sites

THE ARRIVAL:

This is where it gets INCREDIBLY interesting. We know that the GENESIS SIMULATION was created during the GOLDEN AGE OF TEK, (IMPORTANT!! IT WASN'T CREATED DURING "THE EXTINCTION") and is meant to prepare us for THE ARRIVAL, something potentially relating to LOW GRAVITY, FREEZING TEMPERATURES, MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF WATER, INTENSE HEAT and/or POISONOUS GAS? This is where it gets foggy.

We NEED to figure out what the heck THE ARRIVAL really is before ExtraLife. At it's core, it's an event planned DURING the GOLDEN AGE OF MAN involving SURVIVORS arriving somewhere. (Possibly an Alien Planet/Earth/New Dimension) Why we are arriving here, or what awaits us is unknown to us, but HELENA WALKER and ROCKWELL do. That is all I have.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...