• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunno about your thoughts on how well it swims, that's gonna be a 'let's see' for me, but as for water, there's plenty of water we can see at the bottom of the trench, which by my guess, is pretty big

Actually the simulation doesn’t simulate where we are going. That was never it’s purpose. It was to get us ready for the extremes. Every environment and creature was taken to a extreme so we are ready

Interesting idea. The element on this planet could be element in its natural form and coexists with the life on the planet. An amount of element could have then traveled to Earth by methods unkno

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Castlerock said:

Im more curious as to where u got this from. Based on the island explorer notes, it was Nerva who defeated the overseer but he lost his men and beasts to defeat it, then Mei Yin shows up for her revenge.

Probably because Mei went alone after them and in gameplay the cave would've closed behind Nerva and Mei would've had to go through it over again.
This is a time where gameplay and story don't 100% match, Mei definitely didn't fight the Overseer or anything

• Like 1

Here's it is @Castlerock and @TinyHippo

"I suspect Nerva knew that he would not fare well in battle. After taking a couple blows from my sword, he dashed off into the darkness. However, I know he was deeply wounded. His blood cannot lie. I suspect this command center was created by something with technology far beyond most normal comprehension.

In the distance I can see several worlds, one that is clearly a place I've been. I am now sure that there are more of these worlds. That scoundrel Nerva must have escaped before he could meet his death. Little does he know, I won't give up that easily, I will find him in whatever realm he travels to.

There is a terminal that sits upon a platform near the end of the command center. Surely, through some combination of codes, that must unlock travel to other worlds. But it does not. It only adds another foe to be slain by the Beast Queen."

We also know that the survivors take on the Alpha variants of bosses, as Rockwell in Scorched Earth mentions back on The Island you needed 8 artifacts to summon a boss, but he only needed 3 for access to the manticore. (Definitely gamma manticore then.)

I have all the notes on ARK except for the HLNA and mobile ones printed out in a gigantic sheet that I read ritually- I'd recommend you guys do the same, as that's how I get all of my little details for theorizing. There's some good stuffs in there!

Edited by ArkTheoryApprentice
Here's it is [mention=1298574]Castlerock[/mention] and [mention=926688]TinyHippo[/mention]
"I suspect Nerva knew that he would not fare well in battle. After taking a couple blows from my sword, he dashed off into the darkness. However, I know he was deeply wounded. His blood cannot lie. I suspect this command center was created by something with technology far beyond most normal comprehension.
In the distance I can see several worlds, one that is clearly a place I've been. I am now sure that there are more of these worlds. That scoundrel Nerva must have escaped before he could meet his death. Little does he know, I won't give up that easily, I will find him in whatever realm he travels to.
There is a terminal that sits upon a platform near the end of the command center. Surely, through some combination of codes, that must unlock travel to other worlds. But it does not. It only adds another foe to be slain by the Beast Queen."
We also know that the survivors take on the Alpha variants of bosses, as Rockwell in Scorched Earth mentions back on The Island you needed 8 artifacts to summon a boss, but he only needed 3 for access to the manticore. (Definitely gamma manticore then.)
I have all the notes on ARK except for the HLNA and mobile ones printed out in a gigantic sheet that I read ritually- I'd recommend you guys do the same, as that's how I get all of my little details for theorizing. There's some good stuffs in there!
Yes i read have read that before. It clearly says it is after Nerva lost his men and beasts to kill the overseer before Mei Yin got to him, otherwise she would have to fight his army as well. Mei Yin only fought Nerva, not the overseer.
4 hours ago, Castlerock said:
6 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:
Here's it is [mention=1298574]Castlerock[/mention] and [mention=926688]TinyHippo[/mention]

Yes i read have read that before. It clearly says it is after Nerva lost his men and beasts to kill the overseer before Mei Yin got to him, otherwise she would have to fight his army as well. Mei Yin only fought Nerva, not the overseer.

I don't get it. Then what's the new foe that has been introduced by interacting with the terminal? It would make sense to me that it would be the overseer. Also T.H is right about lore not matching gameplay, because Nerva accessed the cave by using the 3 ALPHA "keys" (Trophies/Boss heads) to get in. Can the alpha trophies be used for gamma access? Then Nerva/Mei would have defeated the gamma.

7 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Very interesting, I hadn't noticed that.

I guess I was wrong then, it seems she did fight the Overseer. Nerva had already left which means he already finished the Overseer fight, there are no enemies there for her other than the Overseer again, which makes sense as it was supposed to test each team that went through. Then again though, Mei must've snuck in before the door closed which would've meant she was with Nerva's group and the completion should've included her too. I'd suggest she might've meant it metaphorically as in the challenge of using the console was her new foe but it just doesn't seem very metaphorical when reading it.

I don't think we can guess whether they did alpha or gamma or what though, there are too many discrepancies. No obelisk on the Island needs 8 artifacts to activate.
To answer your question though, you can use alpha trophies for gamma (or beta) access, and you can use beta trophies for gamma access.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Very interesting, I hadn't noticed that.

I guess I was wrong then, it seems she did fight the Overseer. Nerva had already left which means he already finished the Overseer fight, there are no enemies there for her other than the Overseer again, which makes sense as it was supposed to test each team that went through. Then again though, Mei must've snuck in before the door closed which would've meant she was with Nerva's group and the completion should've included her too. I'd suggest she might've meant it metaphorically as in the challenge of using the console was her new foe but it just doesn't seem very metaphorical when reading it.

I don't think we can guess whether they did alpha or gamma or what though, there are too many discrepancies. No obelisk on the Island needs 8 artifacts to activate.
To answer your question though, you can use alpha trophies for gamma (or beta) access, and you can use beta trophies for gamma access.

By 8 artifacts, I mean the 3 cave ones and then the dino trophies aswell.

Speaking of which, I always seem to be low on Titanboa venom. -_-

22 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

By 8 artifacts, I mean the 3 cave ones and then the dino trophies aswell.

Speaking of which, I always seem to be low on Titanboa venom. -_-

That may be what you were thinking, but here's the full quote from Rockwell:

The obelisk is reacting to the presence of the artifacts with even more intensity than I expected. Each obelisk on the Island required eight artifacts to generate that sort of response, not three. In other words, I may not need to do any spelunking before summoning whatever terrifying beast this ARK has in store for me.

Rockwell is clearly referring to artifacts themselves when he says this, not to just general tributes. The Island's obelisks required 3, 3, and 4 artifacts to summon a boss, 10 in total for all of them, but according to Rockwell you'd need 8 each, 24 in total.
Also, if he was including tributes, he still couldn't reach 8 total items because each tribute (with exceptions) needs 5 for even beta so the number would be way past 8

Point is, it's inconsistent with the gameplay, and we therefore can't make any conclusions based on this. We can't even say for sure if the 3 difficulties exist story-wise instead of just being one boss. Sure the Sanctuary says something about gamma level personnel so the gamma/beta/alpha tier dynamic exists but that doesn't really mean anything about bosses on Arks.
So I think we should just go with 'they beat the bosses' and not try to figure out any difficulties or anything.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

That may be what you were thinking, but here's the full quote from Rockwell:

The obelisk is reacting to the presence of the artifacts with even more intensity than I expected. Each obelisk on the Island required eight artifacts to generate that sort of response, not three. In other words, I may not need to do any spelunking before summoning whatever terrifying beast this ARK has in store for me.

Rockwell is clearly referring to artifacts themselves when he says this, not to just general tributes. The Island's obelisks required 3, 3, and 4 artifacts to summon a boss, 10 in total for all of them, but according to Rockwell you'd need 8 each, 24 in total.
Also, if he was including tributes, he still couldn't reach 8 total items because each tribute (with exceptions) needs 5 for even beta so the number would be way past 8

Point is, it's inconsistent with the gameplay, and we therefore can't make any conclusions based on this. We can't even say for sure if the 3 difficulties exist story-wise instead of just being one boss. Sure the Sanctuary says something about gamma level personnel so the gamma/beta/alpha tier dynamic exists but that doesn't really mean anything about bosses on Arks.
So I think we should just go with 'they beat the bosses' and not try to figure out any difficulties or anything.

Fair enough, you have a point there.

Still irked about that venom though.

Just now, TinyHippo said:

>kill a snake
>get 0 venom
>repeat to infinity

SNAKES WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME

I swear at one point in time it was a guaranteed drop to get 2 per kill, and I'd have oodles of em.

Eh, I restarted my data again and I'd have no use for them anyways. Very discouraged with my progression in all of my playthroughs. Can't even beat the first boss- The caves intimidate me and I never wan't to go for artifacts lmao

2 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

I swear at one point in time it was a guaranteed drop to get 2 per kill, and I'd have oodles of em.

Eh, I restarted my data again and I'd have no use for them anyways. Very discouraged with my progression in all of my playthroughs. Can't even beat the first boss- The caves intimidate me and I never wan't to go for artifacts lmao

The gamma monkey is so stupidly easy to kill you can do it with trikes and worse. Hyeanas will kill that weak as hell ape. The hardest part is getting the artifacts.

The artifacts are a bit tricky but once you know what you're doing or if you bring a high level bary with a decent saddle you'll be fine for the surface caves. The underwater cave for the monkey is a joke. Just go for them when you have spare stuff, even a failure is just information to help you next time.

• Thanks 1

Ya know one thing I've thought about is maybe that beast is Mei Yin.

L.A. Noire "Doubt" / Press X To Doubt | Know Your Meme

It makes sense to ME at least. Back on The Island, she would worry about what had become of herself, considering that she may have grown horns or fangs without realizing it. Of course, that would never happen, but you should be able to see the metaphor. Also, Rockwell has a very present hatred for her, and as we know he is mutating humans to use in an army. What better thing to do than mutate/corrupt Mei Yin and turn her against us/Helena/Diana. @ArkTheorist123did mention something about the beast looking like some sort of a dragon, and I agree. The link between Mei's culture and dragons can definitely be drawn here. Plus, we do already have a theory about our beast being female. Why does this matter? Well, I recommend you watch this video:

It's a bit old, but I think that that this pushes my theory FURTHER.

I feel like Mei could've been abducted by Rockwell (Much like Helena, as he seems to have access to telling her about our defeat as noted in the finale of Gen Part one), mutated and turned against the ones that she fought for.

We very well may have to defeat ANOTHER survivor who's story we've followed since the beginning, we may have to put Mei Yin Li, the BEAST QUEEN to the test.

This does NOT mean we have to kill her. I find it intruiging how HLNA explicitly states in one of her discoveries that it would be HARD to COME BACK from element corruption. I feel like the devs kept a very important door open there. If we really have to go up against Mei, we wouldn't want to kill her- there's no victory there, because in reality she. Isn't. The. Bad. Guy. We might save her from the "violet pit" of corruption.

And if we can save Mei, maybe, just maybe, we can save Rockwell, and the corrupted survivors.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Ya know one thing I've thought about is maybe that beast is Mei Yin.

L.A. Noire "Doubt" / Press X To Doubt | Know Your Meme

It makes sense to ME at least. Back on The Island, she would worry about what had become of herself, considering that she may have grown horns or fangs without realizing it. Of course, that would never happen, but you should be able to see the metaphor. Also, Rockwell has a very present hatred for her, and as we know he is mutating humans to use in an army. What better thing to do than mutate/corrupt Mei Yin and turn her against us/Helena/Diana. @ArkTheorist123did mention something about the beast looking like some sort of a dragon, and I agree. The link between Mei's culture and dragons can definitely be drawn here. Plus, we do already have a theory about our beast being female. Why does this matter? Well, I recommend you watch this video:

It's a bit old, but I think that that this pushes my theory FURTHER.

I feel like Mei could've been abducted by Rockwell (Much like Helena, as he seems to have access to telling her about our defeat as noted in the finale of Gen Part one), mutated and turned against the ones that she fought for.

We very well may have to defeat ANOTHER survivor who's story we've followed since the beginning, we may have to put Mei Yin Li, the BEAST QUEEN to the test.

This does NOT mean we have to kill her. I find it intruiging how HLNA explicitly states in one of her discoveries that it would be HARD to COME BACK from element corruption. I feel like the devs kept a very important door open there. If we really have to go up against Mei, we wouldn't want to kill her- there's no victory there, because in reality she. Isn't. The. Bad. Guy. We might save her from the "violet pit" of corruption.

And if we can save Mei, maybe, just maybe, we can save Rockwell, and the corrupted survivors.

You're talking about the unidentified thing in the teaser picture? 'Cuz I'm assuming you are.

An interesting idea, but I think I'd need more than just that to assume that you're right on this. I'm sure Rockwell would love to do such a thing and turn his enemies into minions but he'd have to capture Mei first, who last we heard of was at AP with Diana and Helena Deus. We do know though that AP connects to the Colony Ship, so maybe Mei did go there, maybe Mei is the enemy that Rockwell was gearing up to fight, Corruption seems like a great way to """tame""" creatures if you're at the head of it... But that's just throwing ideas out

Well, we know Mei will be there, but it's hard to say for now what she'll do. But I think we can't throw specifics out yet.

As for the video, there were a lot of parts I didn't like about it, especially where he clips out of the map to cheat information that's a toss up of whether or not it should even be considered because it might've been nothing because you were never supposed to see it.

BUT

It did make me notice something 100% unrelated.

Remember that Deus Prep artifact thing that Mei and Helena found, well I found something that matches its color

808488858_4colors.thumb.jpg.732ff0786aa94e07aef0f1515bbbe7f5.jpg

The final ring glows in a color that matches the description given by Mei about the artifact, making it the only element energy color we've seen so far that matches. Very interesting, blue, red, green, and purple were all pretty standard colors for element so far, but that last ring stood out as a strange color, but I hadn't made the connection until recently that it's the same color as the Deus artifact.

Very interesting, the purpose of the golden ring here was to teleport us a great distance down to Earth, presumably a much more difficult task than teleporting across very nearby Arks. The purpose of the Artifact was to change Helene into Deus and I can't believe I never noticed this one before, but the whole Tomb of Ascension had the golden light according to Mei while Helena was using it.
Looking at it now it seems to be a high energy element output similar or even above purple element we see, but also much more controlled, very interesting, although I can't make much out of this information yet since we only have three sources of this element type so far

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Thekuervito said:

Tek war is amazing

https://youtu.be/LkJVnoEpGOQ

Holy fricking shiz dude they definitely took some inspiration from tek there. I'm legitimately intereted in seeing this game- The music reminds me of ARK, the environment is reminiscent of the ones in ARK and that looks like some awesome gameplay.

What a find, dude!

I noticed that it was no longer guaranteed 2 per kill ever since aber was released. I used to farm them as part of my meat runs regularly before and after aber release. Before aber it was dropping 2 each regularly. My guess was it had something related to nameless venom which is not supposed to drop regularly.
Just now, Castlerock said:
21 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

I noticed that it was no longer guaranteed 2 per kill ever since aber was released. I used to farm them as part of my meat runs regularly before and after aber release. Before aber it was dropping 2 each regularly. My guess was it had something related to nameless venom which is not supposed to drop regularly.

What is this "ab" you speak of? I'm still trying to beat The Island. Doesn't help that I regularly reset my data for some reason.

I just can't wait to have all of the DLCs beaten.

QUESTION. Let's say I transfer from scorched with the chainsaw engram learned, to Extinction. Will I still own the LEARNED chainsaw engram along with any unlearned scorched engrams ON Extinction? Then will I get the Extinction engrams along with that? (Not immediately of course, I still have to unlock them) Then what if I MINDWIPE, will I still be able to unlock the Scorched engrams, even if I'm on another map, or do I need BPs?

What is this "ab" you speak of? I'm still trying to beat The Island. Doesn't help that I regularly reset my data for some reason.
I just can't wait to have all of the DLCs beaten.

Just know that it hasnt been the same ever since the date when the second paid dlc for ark been released.

QUESTION. Let's say I transfer from scorched with the chainsaw engram learned, to Extinction. Will I still own the LEARNED chainsaw engram along with any unlearned scorched engrams ON Extinction? Then will I get the Extinction engrams along with that? (Not immediately of course, I still have to unlock them) Then what if I MINDWIPE, will I still be able to unlock the Scorched engrams, even if I'm on another map, or do I need BPs?

Any engrams u learnt will stay, only disappears when u mindwipe.
Once u are on ext u can learn the engrams exclusive to that map.
If u mindwipe u need to go to the specific map to learn their exclusive engrams again.
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

Just know that it hasnt been the same ever since the date when the second paid dlc for ark been released.

Any engrams u learnt will stay, only disappears when u mindwipe.
Once u are on ext u can learn the engrams exclusive to that map.
If u mindwipe u need to go to the specific map to learn their exclusive engrams again.

Ah, so if I don't want to bring blueprints, I just can't mindwipe. Good to know, now when I go from map-to-map I'll take some BPs with me.

On 9/3/2020 at 3:42 PM, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Holy fricking shiz dude they definitely took some inspiration from tek there. I'm legitimately intereted in seeing this game- The music reminds me of ARK, the environment is reminiscent of the ones in ARK and that looks like some awesome gameplay.

What a find, dude!

It almost seems like plagiarism. If you showed me this I wouldn't have thought that it wasn't ARK or a spinoff.

• Thanks 1
On 9/10/2020 at 9:49 AM, LEDminer said:

It almost seems like plagiarism. If you showed me this I wouldn't have thought that it wasn't ARK or a spinoff.

I see a bit of Titanfall in there too, but if I'm being honest any video game idea I come up with has a thick layer of originality under it, which I hate to admit- but good ideas are hard to come by, at least for me. And this gal aswell.

Backflip FAIL GIF - www.gifsec.com | Funny gifs fails, Funny gymnastics  fails, Funny gif

Plenty of bad ideas to go around, people. 

Edited by ArkTheoryApprentice