i've found more around half the glitches ingame and have read up the rest on the wiki and tbh there isn't a lot of new relevant lore, most of the story from the glitches can be summed up with:

- the (original) purpose of the simulation was to train survivors skills for an event called "the arrival"

- there's an intruder in the genesis simulation, altering it

- said intruder deleted the master A.I.s (the bosses) for each biome besides the ocean, so the intruder is the only one monitoring what your doing

- the simulation is also getting harder, survivors die more frequently and some are not respawning like they should

- the not respawning survivors are being turned into the corrupted avatars, as which they are under the control of the intruder

- at the end of the story glitches, the intruder has control over most of the simulation

i mean the intruder is obviously rockwell, but nothing in all of the glitches tells us how he got in there and if it's actually him, just a fragment of him, a digital copy or something else that presents rockwell in the simulation.

As for all the other glitches ....

They are mostly Survivors doing dumb stuff in the simulation and causing glitches, HLN-A starting to glitch herself or background info on the ark universe that we already knew or that isn't really relevant.

Tbh the ending gives us a lot more implications for the lore than the glitches but i'll post my theory regarding the ending some other time ( also i'm kinda unsure about spoilers in this thread, can we like go ahead and discuss the most spoiler-y stuff, now that there's another, explicitly spoilerfree thread for theories ?)

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunno about your thoughts on how well it swims, that's gonna be a 'let's see' for me, but as for water, there's plenty of water we can see at the bottom of the trench, which by my guess, is pretty big

Actually the simulation doesn’t simulate where we are going. That was never it’s purpose. It was to get us ready for the extremes. Every environment and creature was taken to a extreme so we are ready

Interesting idea. The element on this planet could be element in its natural form and coexists with the life on the planet. An amount of element could have then traveled to Earth by methods unkno

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Fes said:

Tbh the ending gives us a lot more implications for the lore than the glitches but i'll post my theory regarding the ending some other time ( also i'm kinda unsure about spoilers in this thread, can we like go ahead and discuss the most spoiler-y stuff, now that there's another, explicitly spoilerfree thread for theories ?)

Not fully spoiler free, but mostly.

• 1 month later...

So I was asking myself "Where the hell are we on Earth in Extinction". And I believe I found out.

I think ARK Extinction's Sanctuary is Denver.

I have multiple proofs: first of all, Diana said that Arat Prime was located on the other side of Earth, and the only place where I think it could be is near Mount Ararat. So that means Extinction happens in the US (Probably). And Denver is located right on the bottom of the Rockies, just like the Sanctuary.

Denver-Cityscape-Rocky-Mo-1.thumb.jpg.90205087b95ab2ac615737b84a0e54d5.jpg

20200503_161556.thumb.jpg.9b1ff17f3c319df0e1f9ae5535730b02.jpg

The big mountain behind the city could be where the glacier and the giant Element Peak are. I also think the only part of the city left is the downtown, because the Sanctuary is too small compared to the actual Denver. A good part of it was probably wiped out. That would explain why there's a building in the Underground Forest.

What do you all think ? I'm open to any idea or criticism. 

Edited by Lucraft
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Lucraft said:

So I was asking myself "Where the hell are we on Earth in Extinction". And I believe I found out.

I have multiple proofs: first of all, Diana said that Arat Prime was located on the other side of Earth, and the only place where I think it could be is near Mount Ararat. So that means Extinction happens in the US (Probably). And Denver is located right on the bottom of the Rockies, just like the Sanctuary.

The big mountain behind the city could be where the glacier and the giant Element Peak are. I also think the only part of the city left is the downtown, because the Sanctuary is too small compared to the actual Denver. A good part of it was probably wiped out. That would explain why there's a building in the Underground Forest.

It is possible. East colorado/west kansas is already kind of a wasteland. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want to point one detail in GP1 I don't think many people know about. If you choose to stick around during the credits and wait until the very end, you can see a secret bonus message at the bottom. It's short and doesn't reveal that much, but I think what it says is going to be important in making theories about GP2.

IMG_20200503_214136.thumb.jpg.31faea7b2564dad5a4a892450b55d180.jpg

• Like 1
On 5/3/2020 at 11:08 AM, Lucraft said:

It's really all speculation at this point, but it is possible. 

• Like 1
Here's a question I had for a really long time now:
Were the ARKs launched and THEN built once in orbit, or were they built on Earth and then sent in space ?
The first one makes more sense, but I have doubts because of the tek transmissions in the Sanctuary...
They were built on earth. U can see the hole one ARK left behind on south side of ext map when it was launched.
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Castlerock said:
3 hours ago, Lucraft said:
Were the ARKs launched and THEN built once in orbit, or were they built on Earth and then sent in space ?
The first one makes more sense, but I have doubts because of the tek transmissions in the Sanctuary...

They were built on earth. U can see the hole one ARK left behind on south side of ext map when it was launched.

Yes, I know for the hole, my question is: were the pieces of land modified on Earth or in orbit ?

Of course they come from Earth, but the pillars, obelisks, atmosphere ect... It'd be easier to add them once the big chunk of soil is in orbit.

Spoiler

I have a couple of things to add having spent the last 2 months playing and having defeated the gamma boss.

1) Rockwell is the Master AI (or taking control of it) he refers to knowing Helena in the fight.

2) The tentacle that grabs the player is clearly growing or coming from the simulation machine that powers down. So I am not sure how or why that can happen but that is where it comes from.

3) The arrival is either colonists coming back to Earth or going to another planet.

4) The survivor we are playing as is not the same from the Arks. We were aboard the Colony ship.

5) Rockwell wants subservient "humans for the world he will create"

6) We get new tek armor for Gen part 2. Its not only on the home screen of the website but also in the end scene.

Some of these are not new but having read the last 2 pages i wanted to post these to be discussed.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Castlerock said:
17 hours ago, Lucraft said:

The island, to be specific. It lands right down into the hole at the ending!

2 hours ago, Leebum said:
  Hide contents

ARK: Genesis Part 1 - Launch Trailer - YouTube

Don't think that's the same armor that we get in the ending. The end armor is patented by the feddies and looks very complete, official and has an overall feeling of protection.

THAT suit has some of the components used to perform abilities not visible, or completely gone- leading me to believe that the armor that we see is just regular tek, because we aren't able to perform certain tek actions withing the sim. Maybe to stop the spread of element, as it puts a miniscule bit into the air every time a tek thing is used? That doesn't make sense... the whole sim runs on tek and element! Which confuses me, why did the humans try to stop the corruption by USING THE VERY STUFF THAT CREATED IT? The platform that the reseed protocol is activated on? Tek. The guardians of the ARKs are guarding what? Element. What is the overseer of every ARK besides AB made of? Element and TEK!!! It makes no sense! I'd like to think that the ARKs are made of tek too. The overseer chamber is, the pillars look like tek, and H**l, the only forcefields and barriers we've come to know in ARK are made of mother frickin' honest to goodness TEK!!!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Don't think that's the same armor that we get in the ending. The end armor is patented by the feddies and looks very complete, official and has an overall feeling of protection.

THAT suit has some of the components used to perform abilities not visible, or completely gone- leading me to believe that the armor that we see is just regular tek, because we aren't able to perform certain tek actions withing the sim. Maybe to stop the spread of element, as it puts a miniscule bit into the air every time a tek thing is used? That doesn't make sense... the whole sim runs on tek and element! Which confuses me, why did the humans try to stop the corruption by USING THE VERY STUFF THAT CREATED IT? The platform that the reseed protocol is activated on? Tek. The guardians of the ARKs are guarding what? Element. What is the overseer of every ARK besides AB made of? Element and TEK!!! It makes no sense! I'd like to think that the ARKs are made of tek too. The overseer chamber is, the pillars look like tek, and H**l, the only forcefields and barriers we've come to know in ARK are made of mother frickin' honest to goodness TEK!!!

It is the same armor. its even the same color. 

Why would they put it in the art work and not in the end credit?

I 100% think it is the same

• Like 1
On 5/9/2020 at 12:44 PM, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

On 5/8/2020 at 9:43 AM, Shaymcg said:

Can someone help I bought ark:extinction as a standalone but it wont download 

You need the base game too. It might be on sale, I forgot.

The base game is not sadly, however the base game plus the 3 URE DLCs are on sale for less than the actual game costs!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

>Just """beat""" Rockwell in the big fun Genesis Simulation.|
>"Oh boy time to finally see what makes this cutscene so strange!"
>...
>"Huh"

Spoiler

My first thoughts on this are:

I recognize that tri-hexagon symbol on the tek helmet -- The Terran Federation is in space and has a colony ship. The Genesis Simulation, as I earlier guessed, was created by the Feddies. Arat Prime connected to the Simulation which was connected to the colony ship. Also, the new, different tek suit is the Federation's tek suit as well.

Further, as we all previously expected, the corruption spread through the Simulation to the real world at the colony ship...

Even further, that corruption spread like hell. You could actually see the survivor in the pod go from normal to corrupted in just a handful of seconds.

Interestingly, HLN-A is there in the real world, probably just a holographic projection from the ship I suppose. She seems to have came out with us though, since she didn't know the state of the ship yet, which I think is strange.

We become doomguy when we put on that suit.

Tentacle?????????????????

My first guess:

Rockwell won.
Yes, we 'beat' him in the battle at the end of the Simulation. On the other hand, though, we just created a link to the real world at the colony ship when we left the simulation. Rockwell seems to have followed us right through with his corruption. And he seems to have found us again and been able to attack us just one minute after we left our pod... Rockwell wanted someone to eventually 'beat' him so that the 'victor' could open the path to the colony ship so he could follow through. He also now has an army that he collected from the Simulation that have been trained in terribly harsh conditions and are just waiting to be corrupted in their pods in real life and released.
We played right into his hand by 'winning' at the end. Not that there was any other option for us to take... But still. It's like a dual victory, except the next fight starts with us grabbed by a giant tentacle and getting pulled around like a dog holding a chew toy while HLN-A watches angrily and we have no weapons except for our new armor (which may or may not be capable of mass destruction) and our enemy has giant tentacles and probably an entire colony ship.
I think it's safe to say that Rockwell has the better end of the deal here.

So I guess that Genesis 2 will be on the colony ship. Colony ships are supposed to be pretty big, right? I'm sure they can make a map out of it. Some artificial environments, some giant control rooms, some masses of overgrown masses of corruption, and some dodos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

>Just """beat""" Rockwell in the big fun Genesis Simulation.|
>"Oh boy time to finally see what makes this cutscene so strange!"
>...
>"Huh"

Reveal hidden contents

My first thoughts on this are:

I recognize that tri-hexagon symbol on the tek helmet -- The Terran Federation is in space and has a colony ship. The Genesis Simulation, as I earlier guessed, was created by the Feddies. Arat Prime connected to the Simulation which was connected to the colony ship. Also, the new, different tek suit is the Federation's tek suit as well.

Further, as we all previously expected, the corruption spread through the Simulation to the real world at the colony ship...

Even further, that corruption spread like hell. You could actually see the survivor in the pod go from normal to corrupted in just a handful of seconds.

Interestingly, HLN-A is there in the real world, probably just a holographic projection from the ship I suppose. She seems to have came out with us though, since she didn't know the state of the ship yet, which I think is strange.

We become doomguy when we put on that suit.

Tentacle?????????????????

My first guess:

Rockwell won.
Yes, we 'beat' him in the battle at the end of the Simulation. On the other hand, though, we just created a link to the real world at the colony ship when we left the simulation. Rockwell seems to have followed us right through with his corruption. And he seems to have found us again and been able to attack us just one minute after we left our pod... Rockwell wanted someone to eventually 'beat' him so that the 'victor' could open the path to the colony ship so he could follow through. He also now has an army that he collected from the Simulation that have been trained in terribly harsh conditions and are just waiting to be corrupted in their pods in real life and released.
We played right into his hand by 'winning' at the end. Not that there was any other option for us to take... But still. It's like a dual victory, except the next fight starts with us grabbed by a giant tentacle and getting pulled around like a dog holding a chew toy while HLN-A watches angrily and we have no weapons except for our new armor (which may or may not be capable of mass destruction) and our enemy has giant tentacles and probably an entire colony ship.
I think it's safe to say that Rockwell has the better end of the deal here.

So I guess that Genesis 2 will be on the colony ship. Colony ships are supposed to be pretty big, right? I'm sure they can make a map out of it. Some artificial environments, some giant control rooms, some masses of overgrown masses of corruption, and some dodos.

OOOOOOOOOh ya got my ARK fingers twitchin'!

Might go back to playing!

But of course that means I'll start over. :/