Well with this “Dragon” we have to remember if it is element related and the planet IS the element origin, element doesn’t ONLY shape the world in bad ways. Look at the managarmr because of element it mutated and gained it’s freezing abilities. Maybe this planet shows just how powerful element can be when it’s is left natural unharmed by sentient life, and left to make crazy and amazing creatures and plants.

• Like 2

And maybe it’s just me but does the “dragon” creature and the plants remind anyone of the movie Avatar? I know it’s not crossover but maybe they are taking inspiration from this avatar for this new planet. I mean look at the similarities between what would have to happen from the element home world:

Pandora: Alien World, Crazy Landscapes and creatures, Rare Valuable Material: Unobtainium

E Homeworld: Allen World, Mutated Landscapes and Creatures, Rare Valuable Mayerial: Element

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING CRAZY! Most people think that Gen 2 will be on another planet, but I've realized that it might not be. What if it's a second simulation? That would explain a few things: 

A) Why it's called Genesis Part 1 and 2 instead of just the first one being Genesis and the second being called something different. They're different parts of the Genesis simulation.

B) If we actually made it too another planet successfully, I feel like there would be way too much cutscene, so far we've just looked around and scratched our implant. HLN-A did a bit more of an actual cutscene for Genesis Part One, but it still was short.

C) We wouldn't have made it to another planet successfully. Rockwell saw to that by grabbing us. It's possible he stuck us in another pod.

Thos are my theories. I still don't know what happened to us between saving the earth and waking up in a simulation, or why the "colony ship" exists.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

It's possible he stuck us in another pod.

lmao

"Nice job getting out of that genesis simulation but you cant win that easily.
Have fun in this other sim.
Don't worry, we've got thousands for you.
Good luck, Survivor"

But I'm pretty sure we'll just be in the colony ship in part 2. I don't think we'll be at the destination yet. There's no way Rockwell slammed us right back into a pod immediately after escaping, we use the cool new Feddy tek suit to rip and tear that tentacle apart (at the destruction of the FTS, of course)

A colony ship alone could easily have enough space and variety to create a full playable map

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING CRAZY! Most people think that Gen 2 will be on another planet, but I've realized that it might not be. What if it's a second simulation? That would explain a few things: 

You have to remember Genesis Pt. 1 was all about preparing us for “The Arrival” if it was just another sim why would reaching that sim be such a big deal?

• Like 3

Okay, both of you make sense. I wonder if we'll end up trapped in an enclosed part of the ship. It's damaged from Rockwell, so we can't escape and get to wherever it's being controlled from. We also might be near some "biomes," holding creatures, plants, resources, and creatures. Similar to proto-ARKs. This style of map could work perfectly fine. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ImOnFyre said:

You have to remember Genesis Pt. 1 was all about preparing us for “The Arrival” if it was just another sim why would reaching that sim be such a big deal?

Well the point was that Rockwell had screwed it up, and it would eventually come after the second sim. But see above, I've changed my theory.

• Like 1

Ok hey doods, quik thing here: I was thinking of an idea for my game, but it just turned into a giant ark theory.

In my idea we play in a giant spaceship filled with bio domes representing different areas of Earth. We escape ours and travel to the top of the ship to destroy the master AI and learn that we were supposed to be going to an alien planet similar to Earth, but the ship has an essential bio dome destroyed, (like AB) and we need to fix it to complete the process of flying the ship to the planet, as Earth was blown up by a meteor shower. BUT a bad guy comes along, messes with you, and comes with you to the planet to mess stuff up there too, not just in the bio domes. Boom bang pow, we land and end the journey on the planet by defeating the bad guy and we basically live the rest of our life on this planet with other cloned humans and animals.

I can draw several similarities to this idea and the story of ARK Genesis. Don't have time to write them all down tho, so heres a few.

-End of the world

-Going to a new planet to spread life

-Bad guys

-Space ship

-Potential broken part of ship

-Master AI

-Alien planets

Hope this serves as theory-food for ya, and I cant wait to see what you extract from this. Dang I'll never be able to publish this, it's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

38 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Scouring the internet for any info I can find. This was pretty interesting: https://www.reddit.com/r/ARK/comments/i4yyev/hey_i_have_theory_about_new_dino_on_genesis_part/

It'd be cool, but our beast here has a leg. Sure, it could be a sea serpent with legs for the occasional walk but from what we can see (which is not much tbf) it looks more built for running than swimming

• Like 2

So while we wait for more info about Gen 2, I'd like to share an observation, that could give us clues about the new creatures, and also could help us understand what the different ARKs are "based on." Sorry about the length. Bosses and minions are not included, and also creatures not "introduced" on a map.

The Island:

Real extinct creatures (some exaggerated): Not sure about the exact number, but a lot.

Real traits, but mixed/exaggerated without a real counterpart: Two (spiders and jellies).

Still living: Three (achatina, leech, and coel).

Mythical: One (unicorn, more of an easter egg). 

Scorched Earth:

Real traits, but mixed/exaggerated without a real counterpart: Two (morellotops and jugbug).

Still living: One (vulture).

Heavily exaggerated living creature: Four (mantis, jerboa, thorny dragon, and lymantria).

Mythical: Four (wyvern, phoenix, deathworm, and rock elemental).

Aberration:

Still living: One (lamprey).

Heavily exaggerated living creature: One (roll rat).

Mythical: Three (karkinos, rock drake, and basilisk).

More or less made up, might be based on mythology or other media, but very loosely: Nine (light pets, seekers, reapers, ravagers, glowbugs, and nameless).

Extinction: 

Heavily exaggerated living creature: Two (snow owl and gasbags).

Mythical: One (managarmr).

More or less made up, might be based on mythology or other media, but very loosely: Two (gacha and velonosaur).

Robotic: Three (defense unit, scout, and enforcer).

Genesis: Part 1:

More or less made up, might be based on mythology or other media, but very loosely: Seven (all of them, including the swarms. Very clear science fiction themes).

Just my observations. Notice any patterns? 

Edited by DodoRaptor
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, DodoRaptor said:

Aberration:

Still living: One (lamprey).

Heavily exaggerated living creature: One (roll rat).

Mythical: Three (karkinos, rock drake, and basilisk).

More or less made up, might be based on mythology or other media, but very loosely: Nine (light pets, seekers, reapers, ravagers, glowbugs, and nameless).

Extinction: 

Heavily exaggerated living creature: Two (snow owl and gasbags).

Mythical: One (managarmr).

More or less made up: Two (gacha and velonosaur).

Robotic: Three (defense unit, scout, and enforcer).

Genesis: Part 1:

More or less made up, might be based on mythology or other media, but very loosely: Seven (all of them, including the swarms. Very clear science fiction themes).

Just my observations. Notice any patterns? 

Slight edit: In extinction, while creatures are exaggerated, they are all real and have evolved on Earth with the help of element. (At least in the ARK universe)

Also on AB, Helena states that all most creatures on AB are just a moshpit mixture of other creatures- specifically the seekers being part pteranadon and tuso. She didn't explicitly link the ptera and tuso to the seekers, but their internal name does. An interesting point she made was that the creatures might just be automatically put in there by the ARKs, sort of a wild guess kind of thing, instead of a physical human or someone carefully deciding which creatures go where.

Back to my first point- ARKs are meant to Re-spread life back onto Earth. This includes all of our typical dinos- but also the super odd ones like the Roll rats and Reapers. This could hint at the fact that these creatures were once on Earth, but might have died out at some point. Proof? On Extinction, we can find some Corrupted Wyverns and Reapers- meaning that they were normal creatures on Earth at some point, but they just got corrupted. Same with the dinosaurs. This intrigues me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Slight edit: In extinction, while creatures are exaggerated, they are all real and have evolved on Earth with the help of element. (At least in the ARK universe)

Also on AB, Helena states that all most creatures on AB are just a moshpit mixture of other creatures- specifically the seekers being part pteranadon and tuso. She didn't explicitly link the ptera and tuso to the seekers, but their internal name does. An interesting point she made was that the creatures might just be automatically put in there by the ARKs, sort of a wild guess kind of thing, instead of a physical human or someone carefully deciding which creatures go where.

Back to my first point- ARKs are meant to Re-spread life back onto Earth. This includes all of our typical dinos- but also the super odd ones like the Roll rats and Reapers. This could hint at the fact that these creatures were once on Earth, but might have died out at some point. Proof? On Extinction, we can find some Corrupted Wyverns and Reapers- meaning that they were normal creatures on Earth at some point, but they just got corrupted. Same with the dinosaurs. This intrigues me.

I think the presence of dinosaurs and creatures "created" for the ARKs is due to escaping from proto-ARKs. Some of the creatures on Extinction not found in proto-ARKs could have migrated from further areas. At some point Aberration may well have had tusos and pteras, maybe during the event that damaged Aberration they were wiped out, and new ones couldn't be cloned since the two creatures were accidentally mixed together. Or maybe they were always there and the creators or the ARK itself added them as a suprising challenge.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DodoRaptor said:

I think the presence of dinosaurs and creatures "created" for the ARKs is due to escaping from proto-ARKs. Some of the creatures on Extinction not found in proto-ARKs could have migrated from further areas. At some point Aberration may well have had tusos and pteras, maybe during the event that damaged Aberration they were wiped out, and new ones couldn't be cloned since the two creatures were accidentally mixed together. Or maybe they were always there and the creators or the ARK itself added them as a suprising challenge.

The only problem is, we don't have much evidence of that- not at ALL saying that that theory couldn't be true, but I usually just stick with what I know. Maybe that's why I'm always late to the punch haha

• Like 1

Quick thing here- The credits said nothing about Diana at the end of Genesis Part 1. I think she's dead- or going to die in Part Two.

Looking back to the AB notes, before Rockwell hulked, he mentioned how Diana was going to pay for killing one of his mutated light pet specimens. Most subtle mentioned things in the notes has, had or will happen in the future- and there are tons of little tidbits in them that would be interesting to see play out.

Also I find it interesting that there are obelisks in Extinction. The main purpose of an obelisk is to teleport one thing, living or inanimate to another. SPECIFICALLY to a boss arena or another ARK, or Earth itself. The ones in the city and proto-ARKs were dismissed as prototypes by "Helena Dues"- but this doesn't mean that they don't have a functionality beyond our knowing. MY bet is that's how Rockwell got into the space station. One of the obelisks from AB were showed being powered up in the secret ending, and it wasn't subtle either- the devs specifically WANTED us to see that detail. Rockwell could've easily slipped out of his Overseer pit after his ARK crashed, and TP'd himself into the passing colony ship.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Quick thing here- The credits said nothing about Diana at the end of Genesis Part 1. I think she's dead- or going to die in Part Two.

Looking back to the AB notes, before Rockwell hulked, he mentioned how Diana was going to pay for killing one of his mutated light pet specimens. Most subtle mentioned things in the notes has, had or will happen in the future- and there are tons of little tidbits in them that would be interesting to see play out.

Yea, it says Helena and Mei will return... But what about Diana?
It does seem like something happened to her

Also I find it interesting that there are obelisks in Extinction. The main purpose of an obelisk is to teleport one thing, living or inanimate to another. SPECIFICALLY to a boss arena or another ARK, or Earth itself. The ones in the city and proto-ARKs were dismissed as prototypes by "Helena Dues"- but this doesn't mean that they don't have a functionality beyond our knowing. MY bet is that's how Rockwell got into the space station. One of the obelisks from AB were showed being powered up in the secret ending, and it wasn't subtle either- the devs specifically WANTED us to see that detail. Rockwell could've easily slipped out of his Overseer pit after his ARK crashed, and TP'd himself into the passing colony ship.

I'd argue the part about that being the obelisks' main purpose... Their main purpose is to maintain an environment. Teleporting is more of a secondary feature, at least for the ones on Earth. It's possible that on the Arks they're primarily for teleportation and the giant overseer deck maintains the environment, we don't know a whole lot about that. Keep in mind though that even the city terminals can teleport things and they are much, much smaller than obelisks, so if the primary purpose of obelisks was to teleport stuff, I think we could expect to see much smaller things, and then we also have the player craftable teleporters too.

But anyway, it's a good idea. One that I overlooked too, it does clearly and obviously activate right at the end. That could be a point where he physically left Aberration (or what's left of it) for the colony ship. Supposedly he would have to get to Arat Prime to reach the GenSim and the colony ship, so most likely he used the new obelisk network set up by the fallen Arks to go straight to AP and enter the sim. Or maybe he didn't leave and his main body is still on Aberration and what we're seeing is just an extension of him (in the same way that the Corrupted were an extension of the King Titan.)
Either way, I think you're right and that's the exact moment Rockwell moved out of Aberration and onto his next step.

Also, back to the city OBs- Maybe these things had the functionality to teleport the remaining humans on Earth to a remote location we know NOTHING about? Another planet? Are they walking among us in the ARKs themselves? Have they all ascended? Genesis hype my guys and gals!

I think the implication is that all the humans were teleported to Arat Prime (or some other similar locations, but we only know of one) and sent out to the colony ship (or multiple colony ships?) before Arat Prime was locked down. Arat Prime could even have launched the colony ships. The unconfirmed launch we saw messages about in Extinction could either be referring to a second colony ship that didn't launch, or could even just be that the launch was unconfirmed because AP wasn't sending data out anymore since it locked down.

• Like 2

I also think that we might still be going back to Earth. In one of HLNAs final notes, Rockwell mentions how we are just but a weed to him, and we need picking. HLNA quips back at him saying that weeds "always come back. Always." What's interesting about this is that there is a picture of the (now destroyed) city, intact, surrounded by tons of different ARKs. Alot more than just a desert and snow dome. Also, during the finale, Rockwell mentions wanting to make a new world (presumably from Earth). It would make sense that we were going to Earth after life spread back to the planet and there were all sorts of crazy biomes and whatnot- that would definitely be something we'd need to prepare for. What doesn't make sense about that theory is the LUNAR biome. I doubt that Gen Part 2 is going to be the end of our journey. There's just SO MANY loose ends and dead-end plots and hints and.. and... and...!

If Gen 2 is the end, than it's going to be GIGANTIC. 60 gigs at least lmao.

Maybe we go to space, then go back to Earth? It wouldn't make sense to leave us off on a foreign planet in the middle of the galaxy or other-dimension (hey, it's possible) so it would be a safe bet to say that we'd make a full circle from The Island to Scorched to AB to Earth to the GenSim to an alien planet to Earth again. Wouldn't it?

• Like 1

I'm not even sure if we play as our original survivor.

On TI, I'll just assume we beat all the Alphas and ASCEND to:

Scorched. We beat the Alpha 'core and TRANSFER to:

AB, where we learn what Rockwell did to himself before slaying him and ASCENDING/TELEPORTING to:

EX, where we finally defeat the Mecha King Titan, find out Helena's fate and "use" our implant to activate the reseed protocol. (Maybe the creators of the protocol did this to make sure it was a SURVIVOR who activated it?) The ARKs land and we leave off on a balcony watching the city collapse and the ARKs purge the element from the planet. We all know what happens next.

All this way, we receive shards from Helena detailing the Extinction DLC and we get HLNA who scans element disturbances all around the ARKs and on Extinction, telling us about the sim we are GOING to be put into. (What the heck is disturbing all that element? And what is element doing on the ARKs? And Helena made HLNA in the sim, but we exited and went to the ARKs instead??)

GEN: Well, here we are folks. We don't have our implant in the trailers, but we do in the sim and in the final cutscene. What is going on here ladies and germs? I'd type more, but I'm eating microwave lasag- I mean grilled cheese.

• Like 1