Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunno about your thoughts on how well it swims, that's gonna be a 'let's see' for me, but as for water, there's plenty of water we can see at the bottom of the trench, which by my guess, is pretty big

Actually the simulation doesn’t simulate where we are going. That was never it’s purpose. It was to get us ready for the extremes. Every environment and creature was taken to a extreme so we are ready

Interesting idea. The element on this planet could be element in its natural form and coexists with the life on the planet. An amount of element could have then traveled to Earth by methods unkno

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Fes said:

 

The extra quote thing is back to haunt me.

6 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Just woke up, can't wait to play! I hope it downloaded properly while I slept!

And oh boy, Rockwell... What happened to you? Just a head? Or is the rest of you under that thing?

Having not looked at the map since it released, or even the trailer yet, my final guess is that Rockwell connected to the GenSim in some manner, and is the cause of the corrupted avatars inside there. I'm unsure as to whether this is part of his plan for godhood or if he's just doing it do get in our way because he hates us, but I can see the argument for this helping him for both of those reasons.

It didn't update while I left it... Ahh well.

The trailer is cool though. There were giant dodos.

Interesting how Rockwell took the avatar face, but that was the same face we see in the teleport bubble in the theme, so it's safe to say that Rockwell is, in fact, controlling the Fractals.

You've played Gen, right? Are there engrams from other maps?

Link to post
Share on other sites

After someone reacting to my post summoned me back here...

You can mark something as a spoiler by clicking on one of the buttons above the text box when you're making a reply. It looks like a faded out eye. When you click that, it'll create a spoiler box, which looks like a quote box, but is closed by default.

Example:

Spoiler

Boo!

I was gonna leave until someone summoned me because I thought this thread would fill up quickly since this thread is spoiler-y by its very nature, but if you're just gonna spoiler everything then whatever.

Since I'm already here, I've popped a bunch of the glitches, and here are my thoughts so far (potential spoiler)
 

Spoiler

An intelligent person is hijacking the GenSim for some reason. He is the reason for the glitches, and the reason for all the changes that HLN-A has mentioned. If you haven't popped glitches yet, and don't know this already, the person hijacking the GenSim took over HLN-A momentarily at one of the glitches and spoke to me, so this is all factual, not theorized. This person has also been looking for the locations of the homo deus, but doesn't know much about the homo deus, as signified by how HLN-A spots someone looking for "where" the homo deus are, despite the homo deus having no physical location (making the entire search a waste of time)

My first guess was that this person was Rockwell, but now I don't think so. Rockwell, crazy as he may be, was incredibly intelligent and well versed with element, and he wouldn't repeat this mistake a bunch either. Someone asking a question like "where are the homo deus" repeatedly.
Second, Genesis is supposed to simulate something called, "The Arrival," which must be in reference to something other than Rockwell due to time reasons.
Therefore, The Arrival is is either us arriving somewhere, or something arriving at us, and given that something is currently attacking the GenSim (which would be out best chance against such an invader,) we can assume that something dangerous is arriving to us.

That dangerous force: That's the real enemy here, and that's the Fractal "face" we saw as the final boss. It's also 100% definitely something more than just Corruption. It's an intellegent force that is slowly hacking its way in, in contrast to the brute force style of Corruption. For ease of communication, I'm gonna call it the Fractal.

I theorize that the Fractal might also be what drove Rockwell to insanity. My guess is that the Fractal reached out to Rockwell on purpose for some reason or another, and wanted Rockwell to become what he did. I further theorize that what was speaking to Rockwell of 'higher planes' was the Fractal, and not the Ark, but that's a bit further than I can prove and not all that important.

Why would the Fractal do this? Maybe he was hoping that Rockwell could kill all of Aberration's members before they could finish the Gateway Project and get a chance at cleaning Earth. Maybe the Fractal thought that Rockwell could help him in some way later. It's a bit hard to say

 Don't tell me where I'm wrong, but for those of you who have seen the ending, I wouldn't mind being told if I'm hot or cold on what happened

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just played Genesis today and my first thought is: Why was the opening cutscene different from what we saw in the announcement trailer? Because honestly I think that version was better. In that 1 minute and 7 seconds long trailer version of the cutscene, we at least got some idea of where we were going and why. There was also a better build up to the introduction of HLN-A, as well as the different biomes and creatures. Then you have the opening cutscene in the final product...10 seconds. From us starting the game to us entering gameplay, the cutscene is just TEN. SECONDS. ...10 SECONDS?!?! WHY?! All of that extra exposition, all those well built up introductions...all gone. Now the pace of the cutscene just feels rushed, and the whole cutscene overall just feels...underwhelming.

Other than that, I do admire WC's attempts at making the game less grindy via the Hexagon exchange. It's like a breath of fresh air for people who just stink at the game. 

Oh, and in terms of story, here's something I think I've figured out thus far - I'm not entirely sure, but I think those fractal people from the cover image are supposed to be Rockwell's minions in the boss fight. Though I'm still not sure if the boss is actually Rockwell or some AI version of Rockwell set up by H/OWW as a test. If it's an AI Rockwell, then those fractal people are probably just, you know, part of the test. But if it's the real Rockwell, then are those fractal people the ancient humans and/or previous survivors that have been corrupted by him? Whatever the case, I don't want to know the answer just yet!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Just played Genesis today and my first thought is: Why was the opening cutscene different from what we saw in the announcement trailer? Because honestly I think that version was better. In that 1 minute and 7 seconds long trailer version of the cutscene, we at least got some idea of where we were going and why. There was also a better build up to the introduction of HLN-A, as well as the different biomes and creatures. Then you have the opening cutscene in the final product...10 seconds. From us starting the game to us entering gameplay, the cutscene is just TEN. SECONDS. ...10 SECONDS?!?! WHY?! All of that extra exposition, all those well built up introductions...all gone. Now the pace of the cutscene just feels rushed, and the whole cutscene overall just feels...underwhelming.

Other than that, I do admire WC's attempts at making the game less grindy via the Hexagon exchange. It's like a breath of fresh air for people who just stink at the game. 

I think they use a shorter version because people want to get into the game when they get in the server, not spend a minute watching a trailer that they've already seen.

As for how the new mechanics are... I'll hold off on having an opinion on those until a week or two has passed. Until I saw the ini line to enable building in mission zones, I was pretty disheartened about the map, so I can only imagine what else I might just not know about yet.

6 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Oh, and in terms of story, here's something I think I've figured out thus far - I'm not entirely sure, but I think those fractal people from the cover image are supposed to be Rockwell's minions in the boss fight. Though I'm still not sure if the boss is actually Rockwell or some AI version of Rockwell set up by H/OWW as a test. If it's an AI Rockwell, then those fractal people are probably just, you know, part of the test. But if it's the real Rockwell, then are those fractal people the ancient humans and/or previous survivors that have been corrupted by him? Whatever the case, I don't want to know the answer just yet!

Yea, that's basically what I think. Fractals are all the minions of whoever the final boss of Genesis is

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

I was gonna leave until someone summoned me because I thought this thread would fill up quickly since this thread is spoiler-y by its very nature, but if you're just gonna spoiler everything then whatever.

Can't speak for others, but for the moment i found it to be for the best to not discuss the ending in here until more people watched it and until then i can assure you that i won't spoil anything about the ending ( although i really got a big chunk of theory regarding it, but that will have to wait for later)

9 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Don't tell me where I'm wrong, but for those of you who have seen the ending, I wouldn't mind being told if I'm hot or cold on what happened

Overall cold, but there were some hot parts

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fes said:

Overall cold, but there were some hot parts

I guess that's what happens when I don't even have half of the notes

Spoiler

Revision:

Rockwell spoke to me through HLN-A 3 more times since my last guess. I'm now convinced that this is Rockwell, and will drop the theory of some other person being behind this (although, the Arrival must refer to someone, even if that person isn't here yet.)
The reason why is that the person in charge definitely has some sort of grudge against you and Helena... Who do we know who hates us and Helena and by extension, all other survivors? 

Anyway, Rockwell seems to have killed the overseer AI (as in, HLN-A specifically said that the controller ai was deleted and someone took its place, sounds a bit familiar...) and has been trapping survivors in a limbo after they die instead of letting them respawn. He's also been looking into data on extreme weather events, presumably to make the simulation more dangerous.

Interestingly, he looked into how someone in the past coped with loneliness while stranded by himself. Perhaps a glimpse of sanity is returning to him? Possible redemption arc incoming?

Don't tell me that Fractal gets here and Rockwell tries to fight him off with us... That'd be something...

I don't know if this is the theory I'm going with... but...

Possibility:
Rockwell saw the incoming Arrival and determined that he alone can not stop it and the Arrival would put an end to his quest for godhood. He saw the solution that humans had in place, the Genesis Simulation, and deemed it unfit to protect against the Arrival. He then went and took charge of the GenSim in order to pump up the difficulty and make it prepare people faster. (HLN-A specifically states that he must be actively maintaining the GenSim, so he must have some reason to keep it running...) This results in an unlikely (and possibly temporary) alliance between Rockwell and the survivors against the Arrival. Perhaps we fight Rockwell at the end but that's just his test for us?

A bit strange, but the fact that he must be keeping the simulation running for some reason interests me. Why would he do that if he was just here to spite us? There must be something more.

I don't have a guess as to why yet, but he was looking into survivors that didn't make it to Genesis for some reason. Maybe he was looking for old friends?

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

Don't tell me that Fractal gets here and Rockwell tries to fight him off with us... That'd be something...

Humm... I won't tell you something that ain't true ?

 

1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

A bit strange, but the fact that he must be keeping the simulation running for some reason interests me. Why would he do that if he was just here to spite us? There must be something more.

You'll understand at the end :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Lucraft said:

Humm... I won't tell you something that ain't true ?

 

You'll understand at the end :D

Ahh, I wasn't very confident in that idea either.

Spoiler

Rockwell absolutely wouldn't do something that would help us unless it would help him. If he has the codes to the GenSim now (which he does, since he controls it,) it'd be in his best interest to just kill everyone and not let them respawn (he can and has done this to others, which I assume became fractals)

So then there are two possibilities:

1) Rockwell hijacked the GenSim to train survivors to become part of his army by turning them into fractals. He's keeping the simulation going to make sure that everyone comes out as strong as possible so they can serve Rockwell as best as possible.

2) Rockwell needs the simulation to stay active for him to remain alive.
I'm not entirely sure how this would work out, but it's the only other possibility that I can think of at the moment.

Something that bothers me though... On one of the glitches, HLN-A said that after completing the GenSim, we might be allowed to go 'outside' into the real world, and asked me to take her with us when we do go.
The thing is, we've already been to, and can go to, Extinction, or any of the other Arks whenever we want, but HLN-A is saying she's never been to the real world before... And HLN-A has notes in the Arks and Extinction too, so she's canonically been there before.
The implications here are pretty obvious... If HLN-A was serious about that, then it would mean that nothing we've done so far was in the 'real' world, and from HLN-A's other quotes from the glitches, it would imply that the real earth is in a much more sorry state than Extinction was.
This kinda hinges on HLN-A, who has a tendency to get sarcastic occasionally, being serious about that though, so maybe it's nothing

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just some interesting things I noticed

Spoiler

Both the Rockwell fight on Aberration and the fight in the simulations follow a similar pattern: You go around the arena, killing things to weaken the boss, to the point that you can damage it. Seems like Rockwell is a fan of those kind of fights...

 

Also, in the simulations, Rockwell seems to be able to speak normally. But in the real world, aside from the Extinction ending, he mostly just roars. He also appears more human-like, with his face being less messed up.

 

During the ending, the tentacle that grabs the player makes a slimy noise... I don't recall them sounding like that in Aberration. Also, if we are in the air or possibly space, how can he reach into the ship? Or is he already aboard?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Rockwell hijacked the GenSim to train survivors to become part of his army by turning them into fractals. He's keeping the simulation going to make sure that everyone comes out as strong as possible so they can serve Rockwell as best as possible.

There's no real spoil in this box, but if you don't want to know the answer to your question, you shouldn't open it ;)

Spoiler

I think you're right. But I don't own the game yet, so I didn't see H-LNA's notes. All I know is that the end was very... meaningfull about that.

2 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Something that bothers me though... On one of the glitches, HLN-A said that after completing the GenSim, we might be allowed to go 'outside' into the real world, and asked me to take her with us when we do go.
The thing is, we've already been to, and can go to, Extinction, or any of the other Arks whenever we want, but HLN-A is saying she's never been to the real world before... And HLN-A has notes in the Arks and Extinction too, so she's canonically been there before.
The implications here are pretty obvious... If HLN-A was serious about that, then it would mean that nothing we've done so far was in the 'real' world, and from HLN-A's other quotes from the glitches, it would imply that the real earth is in a much more sorry state than Extinction was.
This kinda hinges on HLN-A, who has a tendency to get sarcastic occasionally, being serious about that though, so maybe it's nothing

Remember this theory that says H-LNA's memory is erased every month or so ? I think that's a good proof.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lucraft said:

There's no real spoil in this box, but if you don't want to know the answer to your question, you shouldn't open it ;)

  Reveal hidden contents

I think you're right. But I don't own the game yet, so I didn't see H-LNA's notes. All I know is that the end was very... meaningfull about that.

 

I don't want exact answers, just to know if I'm hot or cold so I don't go crazy down a theory path that's just wrong.

Maybe if I'm completely right or completely wrong you should say something though

16 minutes ago, Lucraft said:

Remember this theory that says H-LNA's memory is erased every month or so ? I think that's a good proof.

Oh, I had forgot about that for a moment. She might just not remember the real world. 

Current revision:

Spoiler

The Arrival is coming. Rockwell doesn't want to get stomped on and destroyed when it happens, so he wants to power up as much as he can. He's decided that the best way to increase his power is to take over the GenSim and force it to new extremes, and then take over (by some new form of corruption or something like that) the humans that are in the GenSim, turning them into Fractals

Possibility: Rockwell might have been doing this for a while already, and could possibly have a serious force in the real world currently

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another thing to think about

Spoiler

In the ending, we see there are other survivors in the simulation pods. But after Extinction, we were apparently "the hero" who brought the arks back to earth, or at least what Helena says makes me think so.

Where did these other survivors come from? Obviously, the person to defeat the King Titan would qualify for the simulations, but how about the others? And if Rockwell supposedly messed with the survivors, preventing them from respawning and stuff, how are we immune to these effects, or is it just a case of luck that he didn't get us?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:
1 hour ago, Lucraft said:

 

I don't want exact answers, just to know if I'm hot or cold so I don't go crazy down a theory path that's just wrong.

Maybe if I'm completely right or completely wrong you should say something though

Well, I think you're right in your first theory.

 

1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

The Arrival is coming. Rockwell doesn't want to get stomped on and destroyed when it happens, so he wants to power up as much as he can. He's decided that the best way to increase his power is to take over the GenSim and force it to new extremes, and then take over (by some new form of corruption or something like that) the humans that are in the GenSim, turning them into Fractals

Possibility: Rockwell might have been doing this for a while already, and could possibly have a serious force in the real world currently

I'm still not sure what ''The Arrival'' is, even after the end, but I don't think this is what you imagine. At least I don't see it as a treath to either Rockwell or the Survivors. For the fractals thing, it's probably just a new form of Elemental Corruption that can go in virtual environments, not a whole new thing. I hope I doesn't spoil too much...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lucraft said:

I'm still not sure what ''The Arrival'' is, even after the end, but I don't think this is what you imagine. At least I don't see it as a treath to either Rockwell or the Survivors. For the fractals thing, it's probably just a new form of Elemental Corruption that can go in virtual environments, not a whole new thing. I hope I doesn't spoil too much...

ok, first spoiler for the ending that i'm putting in the thread:

Spoiler

Since we HLN-A says we're on a "colony ship" in the ending and we can see that it's travelling trough space at high speed, i'm going to assume that both the ship and the genesis simulation are part of a project to save humanity by traveling to another, uninfected planet. "The arrival" would thus be something like the end of the journey to another planet.

the genesis chronicles mention something interesting in regard to that:

When things got really bad on Earth -- wars, Element corruption, all sorts of troubles -- humans thought of all sorts of ways to escape.
One way to escape was homo deus, another step in human evolution. Another way -- from a certain point of view -- was these Arks. And the Genesis simulation was another escape plan.

I also found a Genesis Note where HLN-A says, that the simulation is meant to prepare survivors for "The arrival" . In the first genesis trailer the actual helena says "The arrival will be soon". This would be the purpose of the genesis simulation then : To prepare and strengthen survivors for another planet, just how the arks were meant to do the same thing but with the earth.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...