20210114214656_1.jpg

Something that really catches my attention in this note is simply the fact that it exists - I mean, it's not like this note tells us anything that we didn't already know going into Extinction, so why include it, especially in the Gen 2 chronicles of all places? Maybe the point isn't to tell us something new about Aberration or the ARKs, but to reintroduce Santiago to the story? I mean, Santiago is a major character in Extinction - where the next set of Gen 2 chronicles will be - as well as ARK II, so at least then it would make some sense if they wanted to expand upon his character and story going forward, by, I dunno, putting other notes similar to this one in the other maps?. But still, why include that in the Gen 2 chronicles of all places, unless...

...unless he has some significance in the story of Gen 2? I mean, we see in the ARK II trailer that Santiago likely came from one of those incubation pods that we've only ever seen on the colony ship, and that he's clearly familiar with the GenSim, which we've also only ever seen accessed from the colony ship. Yes, I think that's it - they want to tease Gen 2 and especially ARK II by reintroducing Santiago to the story, both on Aberration and possibly the other maps.

• Like 1

Also, here is just how I imagine the last 2 Gen 2 chronicles will play out:

Extinction: Rockwell monologues about element, the corruption, the Homo Deus, Helena and her friends, the ARKs, and the wasteland that is Earth; HLN-A has another memory recollection episode and remembers the things that Mei, Santiago, and Diana did for her, as well as the Homo Deus; possibly some more extra Santiago notes related to Gen 2 or ARK II; possibly some hint as to Mei and Diana's fate after Extinction.

Gen 1: Since Gen 1 doesn't have much of a preexisting story, it's likely that the last set of Gen 2 chronicles will consist of Rockwell and HLN-A directly teasing parts of Gen 2's story, like the arrival and the colony ship; possibly some hint as to Mei and Diana's fate after Extinction.

2 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

20210114214656_1.jpg

Something that really catches my attention in this note is simply the fact that it exists - I mean, it's not like this note tells us anything that we didn't already know going into Extinction, so why include it, especially in the Gen 2 chronicles of all places? Maybe the point isn't to tell us something new about Aberration or the ARKs, but to reintroduce Santiago to the story? I mean, Santiago is a major character in Extinction - where the next set of Gen 2 chronicles will be - as well as ARK II, so at least then it would make some sense if they wanted to expand upon his character and story going forward, by, I dunno, putting other notes similar to this one in the other maps?. But still, why include that in the Gen 2 chronicles of all places, unless...

...unless he has some significance in the story of Gen 2? I mean, we see in the ARK II trailer that Santiago likely came from one of those incubation pods that we've only ever seen on the colony ship, and that he's clearly familiar with the GenSim, which we've also only ever seen accessed from the colony ship. Yes, I think that's it - they want to tease Gen 2 and especially ARK II by reintroducing Santiago to the story, both on Aberration and possibly the other maps.

- I feel like the developers added the note just as a, "Hey, Santiago's gonna be in ARK II, so here's some extras thrown towards the character!" In fact, as a prediction, I bet we'll be getting another note from him on Earth. Probably just an "I escaped the corrupted creatures and picked up a weird signal, so FolLoW iT I mUSt!!1"

- If Santiago is on the Federation Colony Ship (FCS) it would be safe to say that he'd have some form of lore importance in Genesis Part II. I feel like it's pretty much confirmed at this point, from including him in the Genesis II Chronicles to including him in ARK II.

1 hour ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Also, here is just how I imagine the last 2 Gen 2 chronicles will play out:

Extinction: Rockwell monologues about element, the corruption, the Homo Deus, Helena and her friends, the ARKs, and the wasteland that is Earth; HLN-A has another memory recollection episode and remembers the things that Mei, Santiago, and Diana did for her, as well as the Homo Deus; possibly some more extra Santiago notes related to Gen 2 or ARK II; possibly some hint as to Mei and Diana's fate after Extinction.

Gen 1: Since Gen 1 doesn't have much of a preexisting story, it's likely that the last set of Gen 2 chronicles will consist of Rockwell and HLN-A directly teasing parts of Gen 2's story, like the arrival and the colony ship; possibly some hint as to Mei and Diana's fate after Extinction.

- Again, most likely another new Santiago note and maybe a note from Diana. I'd exclude Mei from this one, as she ends her notes long before she regrouped with Diana. HLN-A herself would most likely talk about her friends, while Rockwell would obsess over the element that litters the planet.

- I agree with this one. I would assume Rockwell would be the main star of this one, hinting at what awaits us outside of the simulation, and most likely some info about the inner workings of the Simulation. Maybe HLN-A will allude to the possibility of Mei or Diana being here? "Odd. My sensors are picking up traces of familiar Survivors 'round here. Could it be? No, that's silly. How would Mei or Diana get into the Genesis Simulation anyways?"

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

20210114214656_1.jpg

I wanted to make this post myself, but you did it first.

I agree wholeheartedly, this is just teasing Santiago's return in Gen2, and I fully expect to see more notes from him in the future chronicles.

22 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

hinting at what awaits us outside of the simulation,

I agree, likely  just throwing out references tho, the chronicle seam mostly to build up hype, while giving theorists straws to grasp at. Nothing to big, all of that stuff is in the crunches and stuff. Anyway HYPE

Also I think the animated seires will be cannon in the way a movie is cannon to its book, carrying similar elements and end and beginning points, chars,  just sometimes rearranging events for a more cinematic experience. Such as Helena being a little more aggressive, like if the story is focused in Helena, see goes around, studying animals, and almost has no action till the end of the island and the start of scorch. How much fun would that be? Just the first season is Helena talking. I also suspect they will add more depth using conversations. 

8 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Also I think the animated seires will be cannon in the way a movie is cannon to its book, carrying similar elements and end and beginning points, chars,  just sometimes rearranging events for a more cinematic experience. Such as Helena being a little more aggressive, like if the story is focused in Helena, see goes around, studying animals, and almost has no action till the end of the island and the start of scorch. How much fun would that be? Just the first season is Helena talking. I also suspect they will add more depth using conversations. 

"The games and the books should be considered to be separate continuities, even if they do share many familiar elements. So yes, the book is canon, just as the games are. That doesn't mean that they are intended to fit together like two puzzle pieces. [...] The book is a re-imagining of the Five Nights at Freddy's story, and if you go into it with that mindset, I think you will really enjoy it." -Scott Cawthon

Now you're probably wondering why I'm tying FNaF to ARK in the ARK Forums, but I feel like we're being treated to a similar gimmick here, where we have two separate canons that can  potentially be used to draw ties into one another's stories, if that makes any sense. Change it up a bit and you have this:

"The games and the animated series should be considered to be separate continuities, even if they do share many familiar elements. So yes, the animated series is canon, just as the games are. That doesn't mean that they are intended to fit together like two puzzle pieces. [...] The animated series is a re-imagining of the ARK: Survival Evolved story, and if you go into it with that mindset, I think you will really enjoy it." -Wildcard

21 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

"Did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?" Dumbledore asked calmly.

It's funny because it's almost as if they skimmed past that part of the book entirely...

Edited by ArkTheoryApprentice

19 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

What did he say? Also, looking back over the trailer, any paying attention, it looks a lot more like ark. Btw anyone have a guess what the ring is in the cave? It is presumably the ship or the ring in the Ocean biome, but I’m not entirely sure.

I was joking around with him. He literally said "."

The trailer was confirmed to take place on an alien planet, and further solidified in the Discord Server. And the rings in the cave were from the ascension cut scene from Genesis Part I.

This planet is where the Colony Ship lands, and where we'll continue our adventure with Santiago.

• Like 2

Rewatching the A2 trailer 50 times.. realizing we should have know it’s ark based on so many factors before the implants. First of all it’s an ark artistic style. Even if the orcs threw us off. I also noticed lots of similar/the same plant tree rock and stone nodes. Various sounds were reused and some animation concepts(Axe twirling). Not that any of that is important. Anyway, theories time. Somehow we still have a sort of respawn system, and somehow we stop growing old, and the reason the dinos are so different is they’ve been around so long they have evolved through natural selection. Combined with aliens this would likely speed up this process due to the Alternate environment. This would also mean mythical dinos(Camo Flower leaf lizards) would not be engineered, but naturally evolved, providing WC with a way to add more unique critters. 

• Like 1

I was looking over some things and noticed this in Diana's Aberration note #4NukeDeath.thumb.jpg.8d73b6d874f0c2925594805fd82d640a.jpg

This note is where Diana discovers that she's working with Santiago and how he's a big deal, and the implication is that Santiago is also behind the creation of this.

A 'Sentient malware application' named 'Nuke Death.' It could be nothing, just a joke, but a 'sentient malware' that runs with element sounds a lot like Corruption...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Rewatching the A2 trailer 50 times.. realizing we should have know it’s ark based on so many factors before the implants. First of all it’s an ark artistic style. Even if the orcs threw us off. I also noticed lots of similar/the same plant tree rock and stone nodes. Various sounds were reused and some animation concepts(Axe twirling). Not that any of that is important. Anyway, theories time. Somehow we still have a sort of respawn system, and somehow we stop growing old, and the reason the dinos are so different is they’ve been around so long they have evolved through natural selection. Combined with aliens this would likely speed up this process due to the Alternate environment. This would also mean mythical dinos(Camo Flower leaf lizards) would not be engineered, but naturally evolved, providing WC with a way to add more unique critters. 

Yea when it first started I got interested and thought 'this could be it,' especially when we saw the flower-camo-thing, but when the orcs showed up I figured it just didn't seem similar enough and started doing something else.
Cue stomping, I start watching again, and a rex shows up. I wasn't sure what exactly I was watching, but I was definitely interested by that point.

I'm gonna guess that the respawn system we have there is reuse of what's left of the Colony Ship's systems.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

It appears WC has mastered moving foliage...in Rockwell’s garden we soak the vine swaying or moving a little, and if you look at the end part with the Noglin, there is a brain coral/pillar coral hybrid which is slowly expanding and contracting like breathing.

stuff like that has been a thing for quite the long time though ? like trees moving in the wind and such ? or am i missing a point here

EDIT: Nevermind, i didn't read the post properly and thought you meant something else

Edited by Fes

So... Any idea as to where our friend HLN-A has gone? And what about the "luminous paintings"? Who could have drawn them? It should be obvious why- to document the events we have experienced for future generations on "P-L06". Since nobody thought up a better name, I've claimed it. Bite me. But I digress. And what would we see as a protagonist? Are we going to build a new one up through DLC, or do you think Rockwell will come back again? I actually have a really good theory regarding his whereabouts. (For later!)