• Gerard Butler plays General Gaius Marcellus Nerva, a brutal ancient Roman despot.
  • Devery Jacobs plays Alasie, a peppy 17th century Inuit teenager, now finding her place on the ARK.
  • Cissy Jones plays The Gladiatrix, a formidable commander in Nerva's army.
  • Madeleine Madden plays 21st century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker, newly awoken on the ARK.
  • Deborah Mailman plays Deborah Walker, a 21st century Aboriginal Australian activist, and mother to Helena Walker.
  • Zahn McClarnon plays Thunder Comes Charging, a 19th century Lakota warrior who leads a thriving community on the ARK.
  • Malcolm McDowell plays Senator Lucius Cassius Virilis, a manipulative aristocrat during the reign of Caesar Augustus.
  • Juliet Mills plays Chava, a wise healer and village councilmember.
  • Elliot Page plays Victoria Walker, an idealistic humanitarian aid worker, and wife of Helena Walker.
  • Ragga Ragnars plays Queen Sigrid, a bellicose 10th century Viking warlord.
  • David Tennant plays Sir Edmund Rockwell, an egocentric 19th century scientist harboring dark ambitions.
  • Alan Tudyk plays The Captain, a crusty buccaneer who profitably sails the dangerous waters around the ARK.
  • Karl Urban plays Bob, a recent square-jawed ARK arrival.
  • Jeffrey Wright plays Henry Townsend, an 18th century American watchmaker and Patriot spy.
  • Michelle Yeoh plays Meiyin Li, a 3rd century Chinese rebel leader, known on the ARK by her reputation as the formidable “Beast Queen.”
  • Ron Yuan plays Han Li, a 3rd century Chinese rebel leader and brother to Meiyin.
  • With Russell Crowe playing Kor the Prophet, an eccentric ‘dino-whisperer’ hailing from a time before recorded history.
  • And Vin Diesel playing 24th century ‘Mek’-pilot, gearhead, & freedom-fighter Santiago.

ok so this proves it’s not the same lore,  which is intresting, it also says something about family genetic extraction or whatever, meaning it’s mulch easier or more successful in certain family’s, also it seams like San Diego will be on the island and/or SE. at least assuming each ark will be at least one season, as they said 2 seasons, right?

Also someone in the forms said this:

Oh please. Mei Yin over the course of the notes fell in love with Diana, so it's not like the story hasn't had non-straight people. Also...having read all the explorer notes, I don't recall a SINGLE reference in Helena's notes indicating what her romantic preference was, so since she's WC's character, they're the ones who get to choose that for her. Also, the synopsis mentions 'after tragedy' she wakes up on the island, so it's very possible her mother and wife (like Mei Yin's brother) are only ever seen in flashbacks and die. Since she IS alone on the Island.

• Like 1

Mmmm ark 2 sequel of the animated serie.......

Is that helena with the parasaur and bow in the rocks?only mei yin still alive in genesis part 2 to remember  or was santiago who made that, because in the serie appear in island?

Serie trailer

Nerva fighting a really big titanoboa or basilisk

Element ore when rockwell talk

Wooden elevator bp

Please no ignore scorched earth

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 7:04 PM, ArkTheorist123 said:

That actually isn't the new tek suit we're getting, if we assume it's the same one we're unlocking slowly through the chronicles. The leggings look a lot different, I'll see if I can't get a screenshot to compare the two pieces we have already, but I know that that video isn't it.

On 1/7/2021 at 7:16 AM, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

For all of those whom it may concern:

No, we have not stopped making theories :). We have moved to a different platform, BUT, we will always be here to post the big discoveries. To a new age of theories! Thank you, ARK Forums.

Why? Have them publicly here so we can all contribute? 

Also I have a theory, the fish Lion will be good at swimming, and unless there is a major water biome, then what’s the point of good swimming, therefore, OCEAN BIOME also there is a space sea creature, and based on the looks of the original shadowmane poster, it looked vary oceaniy, granted that coulda been Rockwell’s garden, but..

• Like 1

Also question, maybe I’m just confused, we have clearly shown that element isn’t corruption, but rather element evolved into corruption, but why. What reason did it have to evolve? Or was it like cancer, the organism reproduced so much from the war, one mutated badly, and was, well corrupted.? Also Why is normal element powerful against corruption?

1 hour ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Also I have a theory, the fish Lion will be good at swimming, and unless there is a major water biome, then what’s the point of good swimming, therefore, OCEAN BIOME also there is a space sea creature, and based on the looks of the original shadowmane poster, it looked vary oceaniy, granted that coulda been Rockwell’s garden, but..

Dunno about your thoughts on how well it swims, that's gonna be a 'let's see' for me, but as for water, there's plenty of water we can see at the bottom of the trench, which by my guess, is pretty big. Not to mention, they're giving us the canoe, and specifically said when they revealed it that 'they wouldn't give us the canoe if we weren't going to be able to use it' (or something like that), which heavily implies the existence of a water biome.

Also question, maybe I’m just confused, we have clearly shown that element isn’t corruption, but rather element evolved into corruption, but why. What reason did it have to evolve? Or was it like cancer, the organism reproduced so much from the war, one mutated badly, and was, well corrupted.? Also Why is normal element powerful against corruption?

Something doesn't need a reason to evolve. 'Evolution' is simply the process of natural selection, and that happens all on its own, ahem, naturally. It spread normally already, and once it spread enough, it got a name.
And, for the record, we don't know the origin of Element or Corruption. For all we know, Corruption may be a creature from another planet and element was its method of reproduction. It shot Element into space and some of it ended up here and began to grow. After a certain point, there was enough of it for Corruption to take form here. On the other hand, Element could just be a thing that exists, and Corruption could be a freak occurrence on Earth. We don't know which came first or how it 'evolved', all we can do at this point is guess on that.

As for why normal element is effective against it... Why are normal bombs effective against nuclear bombs? Or bombs from another country? Why are firewalls, one type of program, effective against viruses, another program? It's all about how it's used. Normal element doesn't have any kind of repulsive effect against Corruption, the only time we see anything like that is when the Arks start purging Earth of Corruption, and with it, all Element too. Even this is just one specific occurrence, so I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to ask with that.

And why does melting element make it corrupted? And why did the element call to Rockwell? Is it all corrupted? Or what?

What do you mean melting it made it Corrupted? The only time I can remember anything similar was Rockwell melting down the Element gathered by Santiago's team and removing the impurities, but in this case it was just him melting it down to make it easier to remove those impurities and get a pure, raw Element, instead of the refined stuff that the tribe had in storage.

Why did it call to Rockwell... Still not a bad question. Rockwell is the only person that Element has seemingly called out to like that. Maybe it was something about Rockwell himself, maybe he could just tell by looking at if and the pulses it gave that it truly was an incredible material. Or maybe it is all connected. Element certainly has the ability to connect to other pieces of element over vast distances (see: Corrupted hivemind) so it's not out of the question that every piece of Element is connected to every other piece. Or maybe refined Element has an entirely separate 'network' from Corruption, who knows.

But, if something was calling out to Rockwell, it would have to be because that something recognized Rockwell to be a highly intelligent person and wanted Rockwell on its side, possibly to regroup or help the Corruption on Earth? No one knows right now, maybe he'll talk to us some more in Gen2 or the Chronicles to explain a bit on how that was.

And finally...

Honestly, these forms suck.

It's not that these forums suck, they're well moderated and people (at least in this thread) are fairly polite and don't just call eachother names over disagreements. The reason people see appeal in other platforms such as discord is that forums in general are not a good place for fast-paced discussions, when compared to other options. It's simply easier to have a back-and-forth conversation with someone through messages than it is in forum posts. This is both a good and a bad thing. Forums, as a result of not being terribly well suited to very fast back-and-forths, typically lead to bigger, more thought out answers and responses, which can also be seen publicly and get more decent, thought out posts from anyone else who wants to respond. In addition to this, any questions asked, such as the ones above, can be answered for everyone at once, who can easily review the posts here whenever.

So that's an answer for both groups of, 'why use a different platform' and 'why use the forums at all then'

• Like 5

On 1/8/2021 at 12:54 PM, d1nk said:

Why? Have them publicly here so we can all contribute? 

You have a point. You really do. But when it boils down to it, what would people (or more specifically I) rather? A large place that gets easily congested/complicated and is open to anyone who wants to be a part of the team with varied amounts of experience and seriousness, OR a smaller, more compact and condensed platform for quick theorizing, places to just chill and get off topic and members who are more serious and dedicated to the purpose?

Your question brings a dilemma to my attention. Was it selfish for me to create a new theories thread, without even consulting anyone else, let alone @ArkTheorist123, the original creator of the thread?

This definitely makes me think.

And that's a really big thing too, I am not the OG here. While AT123 is the king here, I'm technically the king of the ARK Theories Discord. That's not really what I was aiming for- I feel like I kind of pulled an Embrace Extend Extinguish here... I really don't like to get deep into thinking, but again, this is something that might call for that.

Just giving up the server to AT123 might not even be the best choice here. After all, he already owns this thread- who would want to own another?

But even then. I doubt anybody would want to leave the comfort of the Discord Server. I guess it's just up to what everyone decides.