5 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

They genetically engineered dinosaurs in real life, and with the discovery of element, they're announcing the construction of a new real life Ark game, where they actually put you on a real ark. A step above VR gameplay.

Also, Rockwell escaped from the game and recreated the noglin, and the whole world is currently at risk.

She used a screenshot from the trailer that introduced Island Ascension, it'd be kinda strange to go all the way back to grab that image for no particular reason. Perhaps, the ascension on this map is crazy? But then again, what could warrant ascension being 'beyond anything we've ever done prior.'

Imagine if as you ascended, you gained access to new parts of the map. The map is bigger than any of their other maps so far, it's possible for them to have entire map-sized areas for each of the four ascension levels for Gen2. Each ascension level could have its own boss fight to ascend further, too.
Or maybe as you ascend in the ship, you gain the ability to activate certain parts of the ship? I'm not really sure how this would work in practice, but maybe you could activate environmental hazards or close doors or something.
Either way, neither of those really seems like it'd be the whole announcement.

And, this is assuming it has something to do with ascension at all and I'm not looking too deep into the image picked, but still, it seems strange that to pick out that picture from years ago for no reason.

Reading this thread is going to make actual gen2 seem worse because of all this what could have been hah

12 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

They genetically engineered dinosaurs in real life, and with the discovery of element, they're announcing the construction of a new real life Ark game, where they actually put you on a real ark. A step above VR gameplay.

Also, Rockwell escaped from the game and recreated the noglin, and the whole world is currently at risk.

Can I get plastic surgery to make my body look like my ark dude!!!?? Will I be able to have a dumb *** spear fight with my friends and then respawn!!!?? Can I go into the jungle and find my long lost beaver and my shine horn irl?? hopefully these questions are answered and more on December 10th 😂😂😂 Also as long as it’s not the poglin I’m fine with just the next episode of 2020

Edited by Bigchingus7890
Fixed a misspelling
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, d1nk said:

Reading this thread is going to make actual gen2 seem worse because of all this what could have been hah

Sure it may have been mostly pulled out of thin air and only loosely based on a picture which may or may not have been picked for any important reason at all, but regardless of the context wouldn't it be real cool?

We have to fight Rockwell back off parts of the ship to gain access codes and reach other parts of the ship and in the end we get control of the security systems and march an army of those auto-meks to purge Rockwell from the ship!

Well now I'm really just thinking up stuff randomly, but the point is, I like my idea, and despite how little reason I have to believe it, I will believe it until it becomes reality.

That aside, I'm sure a lot of people have thought a lot about this, myself included, but I want to bring it up...
Where is the astrodelphis?
None of the biomes we've seen so far really look like a fitting home for it, and we haven't seen it directly anywhere outside of concept art and the 'Your New Ride' teaser.
Running off the name, it would make sense for it to be in space, is it possible that we can actually fly between the rings as well instead of just using the trench?
Perhaps they just fly awfully high?
Do we get to travel around outside the ship at all? Will we see other astrocreatures?
Will we have a mission where we're flying around the ship's hull and break in somewhere? Imagine if we made that hole in the glass in the teaser video

There's a lot of questions left around this one and they didn't really explain much other than it being fast and having laser turrets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

Sure it may have been mostly pulled out of thin air and only loosely based on a picture which may or may not have been picked for any important reason at all, but regardless of the context wouldn't it be real cool?

We have to fight Rockwell back off parts of the ship to gain access codes and reach other parts of the ship and in the end we get control of the security systems and march an army of those auto-meks to purge Rockwell from the ship!

Well now I'm really just thinking up stuff randomly, but the point is, I like my idea, and despite how little reason I have to believe it, I will believe it until it becomes reality.

That aside, I'm sure a lot of people have thought a lot about this, myself included, but I want to bring it up...
Where is the astrodelphis?
None of the biomes we've seen so far really look like a fitting home for it, and we haven't seen it directly anywhere outside of concept art and the 'Your New Ride' teaser.
Running off the name, it would make sense for it to be in space, is it possible that we can actually fly between the rings as well instead of just using the trench?
Perhaps they just fly awfully high?
Do we get to travel around outside the ship at all? Will we see other astrocreatures?
Will we have a mission where we're flying around the ship's hull and break in somewhere? Imagine if we made that hole in the glass in the teaser video

There's a lot of questions left around this one and they didn't really explain much other than it being fast and having laser turrets.

Well of course it would be cool. That's what I mean by itll make the actual gen2 seem worse :P

I always like the creativity in these threads more than the actual storyline. Keep at it :)

Just another quick idea as to what the announcement on the 10th might be, what if it's not anything affecting the main game, but wildcard releasing more ark related media ? While they said they're going to go beyond anything they ever did before, i kinda doubt it would be something like an ark movie ( let's be honest, a lot of people want it, but that's way too big ).

But what if it's something smaller, like a short ark series or a cinematic ? Similar to these little clips they did at the beginning of the launch trailers for aberration and extinction, but maybe for the actual lore. Not to mention that Helena and Rockwell both have proper voice actors now.
Now i wonder what moments from Arks story would be interesting as a cinematic, personally i would really like to see Diana and her crew blowing up aberrations overseer...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fes said:

Just another quick idea as to what the announcement on the 10th might be, what if it's not anything affecting the main game, but wildcard releasing more ark related media ? While they said they're going to go beyond anything they ever did before, i kinda doubt it would be something like an ark movie ( let's be honest, a lot of people want it, but that's way too big ).

But what if it's something smaller, like a short ark series or a cinematic ? Similar to these little clips they did at the beginning of the launch trailers for aberration and extinction, but maybe for the actual lore. Not to mention that Helena and Rockwell both have proper voice actors now.
Now i wonder what moments from Arks story would be interesting as a cinematic, personally i would really like to see Diana and her crew blowing up aberrations overseer...

To put it bluntly, ARK 2.

16 hours ago, Fes said:

i'm really torn about this, one the one hand wildcard announced atlas the last time they went to the game awards, so ark 2 is something i considered and i really want this to be a thing, but on the other hand it just seems way too early, doesn't it ?

Well, this place has slightly died out due to lack of new info.

https://discord.gg/uSqR8Pvv

This is the gang's discord, basically a place to get a bit more off-topic and do theory tidbits. The forum seems to be home to the bigger, more mainstream theories ^^

• Thanks 1

TGA2020_RedRoom_Silhouette_Center_04_LOCKUP_POSTER.jpg.8536878c50b0553c3c78d441d3bc88e5.jpg

"Ah! I love the smell of a fresh teaser from Wildcard in the middle of the night!"

Also, part of the URL for that top image apparently refers to as "RedRoom_Silhouette_Center_04_LOCKUP_POSTER.jpg", which may give us some clue as to what WC is working on. Most likely a new game for sure.

Edited by ArkTheorist123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

TGA2020_RedRoom_Silhouette_Center_04_LOCKUP_POSTER.jpg.8536878c50b0553c3c78d441d3bc88e5.jpg

"Ah! I love the smell of a fresh ARK teaser in the middle of the night!"

Also, part of the URL for that top image apparently refers to as "RedRoom_Silhouette_Center_04_LOCKUP_POSTER.jpg", which may give us some clue as to what WC is working on. Most likely a new game for sure.

That's the Game Award's picture from their website: https://thegameawards.com/
It isn't something that Wildcard put together for us about their announcement.

I don't think they said anything of substance in that post about TGA, they're just building up hype.

• Facepalm 1

My mind is just spinning at this, this is so many possible thing it COULD be, but also, bigger then anything they’ve done before, well, that’s a large shadow to tower over, I mean they could be saying ark two, but I’d just take so long to create another game. Maybe they are announcing something in Gen two, and anything we’ve ever done before isn’t ark itself, it’s something in ark. They did say at some point it’s gonna be the largest map yet... I don’t feel like it’s another game besides ark 2, just dosent seam to fit right...

• Like 2

My final ideas on what the reveal could be tomorrow (which conveniently happens to be the day after my birthday):

• Major teaser for GP2.
  • Announcement of some major update for ARK; something that is important enough to be mentioned at the Game Awards but is less important than a new expansion.
  • Announcement of a new game. The possible ones I've come up with are: 1) A game revolving around the events during and/or after the explorer notes. This could be possible since we've seen WC get more involved with the stories of the explorer and even hire professional actors to voice them. A game like this could also provide some clues as to what happened to Mei and Diana after Extinction. 2) ARK 2. I understand why a lot of people think this is going to be it, but personally...I'm not so sure. Why would WC choose to announce it during this years game awards, as opposed to next years, after the conclusion of ARK 1 has been released? 3) ATLAS 2. 4) A whole new game altogether that we haven't seen before. Who knows what it could be?

Jerbobo_BDay.png.71f298760bac203f7cecb6f5939e1ec2.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

My final ideas on what the reveal could be tomorrow (which conveniently happens to be the day after my birthday):

• Major teaser for GP2.
  • Announcement of some major update for ARK; something that is important enough to be mentioned at the Game Awards but is less important than a new expansion.
  • Announcement of a new game. The possible ones I've come up with are: 1) A game revolving around the events during and/or after the explorer notes. This could be possible since we've seen WC get more involved with the stories of the explorer and even hire professional actors to voice them. A game like this could also provide some clues as to what happened to Mei and Diana after Extinction. 2) ARK 2. I understand why a lot of people think this is going to be it, but personally...I'm not so sure. Why would WC choose to announce it during this years game awards, as opposed to next years, after the conclusion of ARK 1 has been released? 3) ATLAS 2. 4) A whole new game altogether that we haven't seen before. Who knows what it could be?

Jerbobo_BDay.png.71f298760bac203f7cecb6f5939e1ec2.png

I'm still leaning towards a major announcement GP2 or ARK 2. All the talk of the new UE5 engine coming out has me thinking ARK 2 myself, but a major GP2 announcement wouldn't surprise me either.

I don't think it'll be an entirely new game, anyway, I think it'll for sure be ARK related news.

• Like 2

Announcement of some major update for ARK; something that is important enough to be mentioned at the Game Awards but is less important than a new expansion.

Less important than a new Expansion, see that’s why I am so confused, they probably wouldn’t announce Ark 2 or any DLC or TLC before Gen2s release, they also said its bigger than anything they’ve done before..  so it doesn’t seam like that will be part of a new DLC... but then again, it seams to be ark related, I guess it is possible that it’s a new game, but the most likely one seams to be ARK 2, as I really cant see WC making a totally different game which has no prebuilt lore foundation or static meshes or dinos(assuming they don’t recycle arks some more) and announcing it now, and saying it will be bigger then ark is(unless they mean file size ;D)

As I said multiple times, I'd love an Ark 2 game, but I doubt it. Wouldn't make any sense from a marketing purpose with Gen2 around the corner.

Besides, while UE5 has been revealed, it's not yet available, so any Ark 2 announcement would mean the game is still developped on UE4. This in turn means the chances of having the same blatant problems are very high...

Personnaly I'd tend to say they'll expand the Ark universe beyond Gen 2 (new DLCs maybe), since the game is a commercial succes, despite all of its problems. I did found highly interesting some of the findings by JoeBlow regarding TV related contents.

• Like 2

1) A game revolving around the events during and/or after the explorer notes. This could be possible since we've seen WC get more involved with the stories of the explorer and even hire professional actors to voice them. A game like this could also provide some clues as to what happened to Mei and Diana after Extinction.

Wouldn’t this still be Ark 2? Or do you mean a DLC or movie or something on it?