32 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Imagine an ARK where tails don't go flying through walls. Perhaps an Ark where things don't spawn in the walls of caves. Or a world where cave entrances don't look like a void.

Honestly, I'd love to see Ark recreated on a new engine with everything they've learned.

No one in the history of the universe will ever code tails to not go through walls. Because doing so is soo much not fun to fix something that’s kinda expected, well that’s not true, but at least WC wolnt. Ark 2! sadly we copied everything, and now our Megaladons spawn on ground too cuz we copied it badly.(this is actually a very easy fix, making them only spawn in water, but the joke still stands)

Edited by Dinobros2000

1 minute ago, Dinobros2000 said:

No one in the history of the universe will ever code tails to not go through walls. Because doing so is soo much not fun to fix something that’s kinda expected, well that’s not true, but at least WC wolnt. Ark 2! sadly we copied everything, and now our Megaladons spawn on ground too cuz we copied it badly.(this is actually a very easy fix, making them only spawn in water.

Astrolodons, now in an atmosphere near you!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dinobros2000 said:

*note

he said something about people training harder once they saw results, I’m assuming results being level ups..?

Probably not. It's fairly normal to do something with more vigor once you see results, especially with working out and training. I used to do weight lifting and got really into it as I started to lose weight. 

6 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Sorry if this has been answered before but is humanity rebuilding earth AND sending out a space ship to reach a new home or did we give up on earth after the arks landed?

Basically, that's not fully explained yet.
We'll likely get more information on the nature of the Ship in the new dlc when it's out.

But, most likely, the ship was sent out when the Arks were first launched, as a backup plan in case the Arks failed. So, we haven't given up on Earth.

2 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Basically, that's not fully explained yet.
We'll likely get more information on the nature of the Ship in the new dlc when it's out.

But, most likely, the ship was sent out when the Arks were first launched, as a backup plan in case the Arks failed. So, we haven't given up on Earth.

Thx :)

Thoughts on GP2 Chronicles 1:

"Something weirdly nostalgic about this place. Reckon you must be used to the odd flash of déjà vu, with all those old memory engrams knocking about your head. Seems an odd thing for a bit of A.I. like me to be feeling, though…"

"Funny that I almost remember being here. I don't mean just floating through the place, like I'm doing now. I'm talking toes in the sand, smell of the ocean sorta memories…"

"I can remember meeting other survivors for the first time around these parts. Nerva...Rockwell...Mei-Yin...Did Helena leave me all her memories? What a wicked parting gift that was!"

"My creator spent her life studying beasts she only knew as dusty old fossils. Can you imagine what it was like for her to wash up here and meet 'em in person? I don't have to imagine it, 'cause I can remember how she felt!"

"Funny thing, having a headful of someone else's memories…
You and I have had some adventures together, but I remember all the things Helena got up to while she was still human. And if I can remember being human, what does that mean about me? Am I her, or am I me -- or am I both of us? Bit of a mindblower, yeah?"

As we can see, HLN-A appears to be experiencing Helena's memories as she visits the places Helena did. My best guess is that this is going to be a recurring thing throughout all of the GP2 chronicles. The second set of notes will likely be on Scorched Earth, where HLN-A will experience Helena's memories of Raia and Rockwell. The third and fourth sets of notes will likely be Aberration and Extinction, where she will experience Helena's memories of Diana, Mei, Santiago, and all the sacrifices those people made for her. And of course, she'll recall Rockwell's final descent into madness - that appears to be the whole point of these chronicle notes, to sort of rekindle this rivalry between Helena/HLN-A and Rockwell that was teased in the description of GP2 ("The final confrontation between the spritely HLN-A and the villainous Sir Edmund Rockwell occurs on a gigantic colony ship traveling through deep space"), but on a more emotional level. These notes are trying to show that HLN-A is starting to remember not just all the things that happened to Helena in general, but all the things Rockwell in particular did to Helena and her friends, and this is likely something that will be carried into GP2 (and yet, it's implied that despite their differences, both Helena and Rockwell haven't exactly shut each other out completely; Helena writes a rather heartfelt eulogy for Rockwell after his transformation and initial defeat at the end of Aberration, while in GP1, Tidbit glitch #18 HLN-A mentions that someone - presumably Rockwell - was nosing around inside the GenSim and was reading excerpts from a file on how to deal with loneliness). 

As for the fifth and final set of GP2 Chronicle notes - which would presumably be on GP1 - well, that will likely be where HLN-A will stop with the memory recollections (since Helena was never in the GenSim) and will start to begin making vague observations of the simulation that will presumably end up tying into GP2. 

Now, there are still some things that are up to debate with these new chronicle notes:

• Is Helena supposed to be having these random memory recollections? It was implied in GP1 that HLN-A was designed without the real Helena's memories (or rather, Helena was unable to get those memories to stick with her), so was it just some happy accident that HLN-A finally got those memories to stick after visiting the same places Helena did?
  • And - as HLN-A literally says at the end of these notes - if HLN-A isn't supposed to be having these random memory recollections...is that supposed to mean something about her? It was strongly implied in GP1 - such as in Tidbit glitch #56 - that HLN-A is simply just a robot/A.I. and nothing more. But with these new notes - where HLN-A literally recalls walking on a beach - it makes she wonder if she's starting to become more human than robot/A.I.

And on a final note...is it just me or does HLN-A sound a bit different in these notes? Is that Madeleine Madden voicing her?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moC24dDam4g

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

-snip-

I currently agree about the direction of the chronicles here, with my only change being that Helena was in the Genesis Simulation for a short period of time -- When she created HLN-A. Memories from this period of time would be particularly relevant as well, and could provide some insight on what's going on.

23 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Is Helena supposed to be having these random memory recollections? It was implied in GP1 that HLN-A was designed without the real Helena's memories (or rather, Helena was unable to get those memories to stick with her), so was it just some happy accident that HLN-A finally got those memories to stick after visiting the same places Helena did?

It was said that HLN-A was supposed to wipe all 30 day old memories, but I don't recall anything about Helena being unable to change that.

My guess is that Helena had set the memories to be recovered when HLN-A left the Genesis Simulation and got onto the Colony Ship, as a way of leaving HLN-A with instructions on how to achieve our goals here. She wouldn't have given HLN-A all those memories from the start because of the chance of Rockwell figuring them out.

30 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

And - as HLN-A literally says at the end of these notes - if HLN-A isn't supposed to be having these random memory recollections...is that supposed to mean something about her? It was strongly implied in GP1 - such as in Tidbit glitch #56 - that HLN-A is simply just a robot/A.I. and nothing more. But with these new notes - where HLN-A literally recalls walking on a beach - it makes she wonder if she's starting to become more human than robot/A.I.

I had distinctly gotten the opposite impression about HLN-A; that she isn't just a robot and is as much of a person as we are and Helena is. There were some notes that implied things along these lines. I recall HLN-A talking about how what makes up a person's personality file is very little memories, and almost entirely their personality. This seemed to me to have been intended to spell out that HLN-A was a person as well, as she still had her personality, which is most of, as she put it, what 'makes you, you.'

But, if I'm wrong and she isn't 100% of the person we are, and in the end is just a normal ai, I don't think that would change from her getting memories, because, again, memories are very little of what makes us, us.

41 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

And on a final note...is it just me or does HLN-A sound a bit different in these notes? Is that Madeleine Madden voicing her?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moC24dDam4g

Did you by chance intend to link a different video?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Unrelated to theory

how does everyone like the new tlc, I think the new mammoth is good enough for the broodmother and the ape maybe! I can imagine 2 people playing drums during the boss fights lol

The new mammoth is good enough for the alpha gorilla and beta Lysrix for sure. Stegos have made themselves even more useful than they already were, gathering wood as well as berries and thatch now, while being even more powerful in fights.

The sharks though...

Good luck in the Caverns of Lost Hope lol
I like the change, it's more fun this way, but I'll be damned if fighting through Lost Hope doesn't seem impossible now.

Overall it's a nice TLC, though I wish they would've made the mammoth's collision box a bit smaller, since it's very fat as of right now.

10 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

I currently agree about the direction of the chronicles here, with my only change being that Helena was in the Genesis Simulation for a short period of time -- When she created HLN-A. Memories from this period of time would be particularly relevant as well, and could provide some insight on what's going on.

It was said that HLN-A was supposed to wipe all 30 day old memories, but I don't recall anything about Helena being unable to change that.

My guess is that Helena had set the memories to be recovered when HLN-A left the Genesis Simulation and got onto the Colony Ship, as a way of leaving HLN-A with instructions on how to achieve our goals here. She wouldn't have given HLN-A all those memories from the start because of the chance of Rockwell figuring them out.

I had distinctly gotten the opposite impression about HLN-A; that she isn't just a robot and is as much of a person as we are and Helena is. There were some notes that implied things along these lines. I recall HLN-A talking about how what makes up a person's personality file is very little memories, and almost entirely their personality. This seemed to me to have been intended to spell out that HLN-A was a person as well, as she still had her personality, which is most of, as she put it, what 'makes you, you.'

But, if I'm wrong and she isn't 100% of the person we are, and in the end is just a normal ai, I don't think that would change from her getting memories, because, again, memories are very little of what makes us, us.

Did you by chance intend to link a different video?

Agreed. These notes are building up to something relating to HLN-A and emotion. Maybe to get us emotionally involved/invested in this character/upcoming story? Nice try Wildcard, but I already am.

Mmm... I doubt that she changed that- though it might contradict already set lore, I bet that she's gonna keep these memories. Maybe she'll fade away like Helena is?

Maybe- but I don't think that we have enough info on that to establish a decent theory.

I'm STILL a bit confused on wether or not HLN-A is just an AI- but it seems that she is definitely becoming more than that.

-See above-

Legend says that this is raw footage of ArkTheorist123 in his natural habitat...

A strange thing happened the other day while I was yet again exploring the Ocean Biome with Ned the Noodle (My blerdsterker) and I noticed something peculiar. The nearby planet, visible at nighttime has quite a bit of prominent white on the bottom of it.

-I don't have a picture because it's too big to insert but trust me. It does bear a lighter appearance than that of the one in the Genesis Part II trailer, but it's still potentially it!-

Why is this important? Well, for a while I did have in the back of my head a small (Unshared) theory about how all of the Simulated biomes are either:

1. The same planet in different time periods. Starting at either the Bog or the Ocean. (The Bog is reminiscent of the origin place of human life back on Earth according to HLN-A), then it would transition to Volcanic, then Snow and finally the shattered alien moon. There are a lot of obvious holes, bumps and scratches in this theory, so It's been eliminated.

2. (The unshared theory) Perhaps all of these planets take place in the same solar system? I have recently dwelt over this though a few times because of this planet. Could it be possible that the Arctic biome represents that highly elevated point on that strange planet that the Ocean biome is orbiting? There are definitely holes in this theory too...

A very odd thing that I've noticed, is that the "confirmed" Colony Ship from Genesis Part I, doesn't match the Colony Ship from the Genesis Part II trailer. I have a picture of the "new" Colony Ship, but not the other one:

ARK: Survival Evolved - ARK: Genesis Part 2 Teaser Trailer. Extra Life  Livestream Reveals, & TLC Pass 3! - Steam News

Now, a thing that you should notice right off of the bat is that, yes, they are both circular, but no, they are not the same shape, and the Colony Ship in the Simulation lacks the additional bits to it.

Perhaps the old Colony Ship was just:

1. A way to throw us off

2. A completely different structure, such as the Ship's destination?

3. Yet ANOTHER inconsistency...

What do you guys think?