2 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

HLN-A actually is an amnesiac. It was mentioned in the ARG before the Genesis teaser first came out I believe. Her memories only last 30 days 'to prevent undesirable neurological affects' or something of the sort.

19 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

We should make mind-wipe tonic with her...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TinyHippo said:

HLN-A actually is an amnesiac. It was mentioned in the ARG before the Genesis teaser first came out I believe. Her memories only last 30 days 'to prevent undesirable neurological affects' or something of the sort.

Now there's a point.
Certainly Rockwell didn't send us back to the Island so we could hear HLN-A talk to us. Realistically, HLN-A did not go back there, of course, everything she said is true, but not where she said it.

So I'll actually agree with you here, the Gen 2 Chronicles are certainly filled with canon information, but HLN-A didn't say it on the Island.

I don't see how this changes anything though, was there a point you wanted to make with it or were you just pointing out something you noticed?

Ah, I do remember that. But how do we explain Helena creating HLN-A within Genesis Part I, then sending us BACK to the other maps in Genesis Chronicles I, only to suddenly pop back up in Genesis with HLN-A welcoming us and telling us about how she doesn't know how we arrived there?

I guess I want to make a point while pointing out something that I've noticed.

Just now, Dinobros2000 said:

We should make mind-wipe tonic with her...

Too bad she doesn't have a physical form. She's just a Hologram!

A hologram that serves as the only way between biomes, and sets us free at the end of the Genesis Part I ending... How does that work? How would we traverse between biomes and escape the simulation without her? Did Rockwell really rig the simulation THAT badly?

Another thing I've noticed, every survivor within the Genesis Simulation has an HLN-A. I highly doubt that this is canon- just a way to make the game playable for, well, everyone who buys the DLC. Another case where gameplay doesn't match up with the lore. (Unless there was something about this in the ARG?)

1 minute ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Another thing I've noticed, every survivor within the Genesis Simulation has an HLN-A. I highly doubt that this is canon- just a way to make the game playable for, well, everyone who buys the DLC. Another case where gameplay doesn't match up with the lore. (Unless there was something about this in the ARG?)

Yep it’s a gameplay and not lore thing.

3 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

A hologram that serves as the only way between biomes, and sets us free at the end of the Genesis Part I ending... How does that work? How would we traverse between biomes and escape the simulation without her? Did Rockwell really rig the simulation THAT badly?

She kinda seams like she HAS a physical form even though she dosent, also as for setting us free, I think she still has electrical influence and stuff still. And she may be a hologram only in the sim... and real in real world

6 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Ah, I do remember that. But how do we explain Helena creating HLN-A within Genesis Part I, then sending us BACK to the other maps in Genesis Chronicles I, only to suddenly pop back up in Genesis with HLN-A welcoming us and telling us about how she doesn't know how we arrived there?

I guess I want to make a point while pointing out something that I've noticed.

1. Helena creates HLN-A in the GenSim

2. HLN-A exits the GenSim and travels with us for a time, possibly to create a bond before our important tasks

3. Helena (not HLN-A) sends us to Genesis and calls HLN-A back to join us. HLN-A isn't really sure what's going on because she isn't pulling the strings here.

4 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

I want to hold you back on the 'just a hologram' bit.

Her physical form is just a hologram, but she's still a very advanced AI that can connect to the rest of the systems and the Simulation itself as well. That's like calling a homo deus just an hologram because that's all you can ever see of it, even though there's much more to a homo deus than the hologram.

1 minute ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Yep it’s a gameplay and not lore thing.

She kinda seams like she HAS a physical form even though she dosent, also as for setting us free, I think she still has electrical influence and stuff still. And she may be a hologram only in the sim... and real in real world

Another thing that we don't have any evidence to back up. (No offense, really) This may very well just be an oversight, or just another weird lore bump.

3 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Umm I think She mentioned it at one point, how it was much easier just to teleport then travel, but travel was possible, so lore wise, No, you could land travel, but Gameplay wize? Yep that’s your onlu mode of transportation 

Yeah I know that, but it's literally the ONLY way to travel from biome to biome. Without HLN-A, I wonder if we'd be stuck in the same biome until we pass the simulation, or if there would be another way to teleport from place to place?

eah I know that, but it's literally the ONLY way to travel from biome to biome. Without HLN-A, I wonder if we'd be stuck in the same biome until we pass the simulation, or if there would be another way to teleport from place to place?

Welll no, not lore wize, but gameplay wize, if a glitch removed your hlna yes... or maybe the player can just teleport, and it’s not hlna? But I don’t think that’s right.

1 minute ago, TinyHippo said:

1. Helena creates HLN-A in the GenSim

2. HLN-A exits the GenSim and travels with us for a time, possibly to create a bond before our important tasks

3. Helena (not HLN-A) sends us to Genesis and calls HLN-A back to join us. HLN-A isn't really sure what's going on because she isn't pulling the strings here.

I want to hold you back on the 'just a hologram' bit.

Her physical form is just a hologram, but she's still a very advanced AI that can connect to the rest of the systems and the Simulation itself as well. That's like calling a homo deus just an hologram because that's all you can ever see of it, even though there's much more to a homo deus than the hologram.

I don't really get that bit of information... I guess that it's something that we don't really have the clues to solve in the first place. I doubt that what's up there is the answer to this lore-bump.

I guess I was wrong lol, yes she is just a hologram, but I do remember that she has a very deep understanding of the simulation, the tools to edit the simulation (Fixing Glitches), ways to see into the code of the simulation and so on. I just wasn't sure how much she could interact with the outside world outside of scanning things.

2 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Welll no, not lore wize, but gameplay wize, if a glitch removed your hlna yes... or maybe the player can just teleport, and it’s not hlna? But I don’t think that’s right.

Sort of. There are hold barriers separating the biomes that we clearly can't get past without tweaking some things inside if the simulation (With HLN-A of course, as we aren't able to. Or so it seems.) I doubt that's just a gameplay thing.

1 minute ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Also, didn’t OWW say that the respawn system would deactivate as soon as ReSeed went live? How do we respawn on Gen 2?

The respawn systems of the Arks and on Earth were disabled, but the Colony Ship likely has its own respawn and cloning systems that are independent of the Arks and Earth. After all, it's supposed to carry with it all kinds of life, so it must have the cloning systems needed to create it.

2 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

I don't really get that bit of information... I guess that it's something that we don't really have the clues to solve in the first place. I doubt that what's up there is the answer to this lore-bump.

I was coming up with a possible explanation. Ultimately, it's probably the same as the part 2 chronicles, and they didn't actually take place on the Arks, even though the contents of them are completely correct.

I guess I was wrong lol, yes she is just a hologram, but I do remember that she has a very deep understanding of the simulation, the tools to edit the simulation (Fixing Glitches), ways to see into the code of the simulation and so on. I just wasn't sure how much she could interact with the outside world outside of scanning things.

Well, the GenSim and the Colony Ship are both connected, it definitely wouldn't surprise me if HLN-A could access the systems of the CS. In fact, that's more or less what I was expecting: HLN-A would be opening doors to missions and maybe at the end piloting the CS for us.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

The respawn systems of the Arks and on Earth were disabled, but the Colony Ship likely has its own respawn and cloning systems that are independent of the Arks and Earth. After all, it's supposed to carry with it all kinds of life, so it must have the cloning systems needed to create it.

I was coming up with a possible explanation. Ultimately, it's probably the same as the part 2 chronicles, and they didn't actually take place on the Arks, even though the contents of them are completely correct.

Well, the GenSim and the Colony Ship are both connected, it definitely wouldn't surprise me if HLN-A could access the systems of the CS. In fact, that's more or less what I was expecting: HLN-A would be opening doors to missions and maybe at the end piloting the CS for us.

Probably, but the only respawn system we've seen so far is the in the Genesis Simulation that HLN-A constantly has to peek at and fix.

Agreed.

That's an interesting thought... We don't have enough Genesis Part II info to make theories on that just yet- but that's something I never thought of. Unlikely in my opinion, but not completely. If she can completely control the Colony Ship, we could do amazing things, but that seems a bit overpowered and overwhelming don't you think?

Probably, but the only respawn system we've seen so far is the in the Genesis Simulation that HLN-A constantly has to peek at and fix.

Well that's the one that Rockwell purposefully messed up and changed.

The life preservation on (half) the ship seems to have been purposefully left alone, on the other hand.

5 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

That's an interesting thought... We don't have enough Genesis Part II info to make theories on that just yet- but that's something I never thought of. Unlikely in my opinion, but not completely. If she can completely control the Colony Ship, we could do amazing things, but that seems a bit overpowered and overwhelming don't you think?

HLN-A is a very similar type of entity compared to homo deus, though she isn't quite as strong as a deus or Rockwell. There also don't seem to be any deus on the ship---------------------------

Hold up, I'm gonna stop that thought there, I had a realization

HLN-A, Genesis I Chronicles, note #15, Extinction

"Once Helena’s friends beamed her into the Genesis simulation, she made me. But then she left. I guess homo deus beings can’t stay in our reality -- or the simulation -- for very long."

Homo Deus can't stay in the Simulation, which is one of the reasons why Helena needed HLN-A to help us along. Rockwell is extremely similar to a homo deus as well, the only difference is that he still has a physical body (or multiple, or something... You get the idea.)
But neither Rockwell or Helena can stay in the Simulation for long. This is why Rockwell uses the master controller instead of just directly taking control -- He can't, just like Helena couldn't follow us.

Let's go a step further: The Colony Ship likely uses the same type of systems that the Simulation used, considering that they were created by the same people. Further, it seems likely that the Feds might develop something to keep the Deus out of their Systems, considering that the Deus were a URE creation. Even if they formed a truce eventually, it would likely remain very difficult for a Deus to access systems that were designed specifically to not be accessible by Deus.

So if the Federation Colony Ship's systems can't be accessed properly by a Homo Deus, then Rockwell likely can't properly access those same systems. That's why he can't control the destination yet. For all his power, he can not directly control the Colony Ship.

I'm gonna need to rethink some of this before I come to any conclusions, but it would explain a few things if he needs someone else to control the ship, like "Our future" and the real importance of HLN-A, who may be the only person left that's capable of controlling the Colony Ship.
Well, Diana could probably do it too. She wasn't included in the 'Helena Walker and Mei Yin-Li... will return" bit though.

Rockwell did say in the trailer that he can control the Colony Ship's destination very soon. I theorize that we might end up defeating Rockwell before we arrive wherever he is taking us, and the ship will automatically repilot back to its original destination, leading into the final cutscenes? I dunno. There's too much up there to dissect lol. Could you rephrase that in a few short sentences? Sorry.

14 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Maybe she can control it but is very limited, like Helena Deus infuinces the arks..

Maybe. But I'm starting to doubt that- HLN-A has limited power within the sim itself despite being able to do minor things here and there. A lot less power than Rockwell seems to have. It definitely is possible though!

I suspect the December 10th most likely will be an announcement for Ark 2, since it's been hinted for easily 2+ years now. However, I wouldn't be surprised if yet again they bring up another series of DLCs to further enrich the lore of the game. I mean, Extinction was supposed to be Ark's last DLC and here we are, with Gen 2 around the corner.

Regarding a potential Ark 2, I'm hopping they haven't started developpement pre-UE5 engine or we'll be stuck with the same problems (current game uses an hybrid of UE4.5 mixed with 4.7) and a missed opportunity to support next gen GPUs...

• Like 1

Rockwell did say in the trailer that he can control the Colony Ship's destination very soon. I theorize that we might end up defeating Rockwell before we arrive wherever he is taking us, and the ship will automatically repilot back to its original destination, leading into the final cutscenes? I dunno. There's too much up there to dissect lol. Could you rephrase that in a few short sentences? Sorry.

Premise:

-Helena can not stay in the Genesis Simulation for long

-Rockwell and Helena are very similar, their only difference being that Rockwell has a physical form

Therefore, Rockwell can't stay in the Simulation for long either, which is why he uses a puppet, the Corrupted Master Controller, to control things for him.

The Colony Ship and the Genesis Simulation were created by the same people using the same systems. It's more than likely that neither Rockwell or Helena, or any Homo Deus, can not properly take control of the ship. This is why Rockwell still can't change the destination.

This is why we need HLN-A with us. HLN-A can properly interact with the Genesis Simulation, and therefore also the Colony Ship's systems. This also means that HLN-A is likely the only person capable of doing so at the time. Diana could likely also do it, given that she's been shown to be incredibly capable at piloting all types of vehicles so far, but we don't know what happened with her.

This may be why Rockwell was trying to make a copy of HLN-A in the Simulation, so he could have a RKW-L that could operate the ship for him, or he could plan on using us, or more specifically, HLN-A, to operate the ship for him.

Put even more simply: Rockwell can't control the ship properly due to being what is essentially a Homo Deus with a body. He needs someone else to do it for him, and currently, the only two people capable of that would be HLN-A and Diana.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

I suspect the December 10th most likely will be an announcement for Ark 2, since it's been hinted for easily 2+ years now. However, I wouldn't be surprised if yet again they bring up another series of DLCs to further enrich the lore of the game. I mean, Extinction was supposed to be Ark's last DLC and here we are, with Gen 2 around the corner.

Regarding a potential Ark 2, I'm hopping they haven't started developpement pre-UE5 engine or we'll be stuck with the same problems (current game uses an hybrid of UE4.5 mixed with 4.7) and a missed opportunity to support next gen GPUs...

Imagine an ARK where tails don't go flying through walls. Perhaps an Ark where things don't spawn in the walls of caves. Or a world where cave entrances don't look like a void.

Honestly, I'd love to see Ark recreated on a new engine with everything they've learned.

• Like 3