Wachya all think about ARK 2 
1: gonna be named, cuz I kinda hope not ark 2, maybe Ark Evolved? 

2: when Gonna be released, I’m guessing at least a year, but maybe WC can surprise us.

3: how it’s gonna be different from the ark we know and love, and how the story will tie in with the current one... maybe it will be events following the arrival?

4 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

I think it will be named ARK : Homeworld. Because I think Rockwell will set the destination of the ship to the element homeworld at the end of Gen 2.

If also be willing to say it will be 1-3 years before release most likely about 2 years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

2: when Gonna be released, I’m guessing at least a year, but maybe WC can surprise us.

3: how it’s gonna be different from the ark we know and love, and how the story will tie in with the current one... maybe it will be events following the arrival?

No idea on 1

For 2, I'd say at least a year after Genesis Part 2 is released, probably longer, but less than 3 years for sure. That is assuming that they are, in fact, working on Ark 2 after Genesis.

And 3, I'd expect basically what Fyre does. It would be after the events of Genesis, and I expect he's right and that we'll end up where Element came from eventually.

Unrelated to the question, but I just want to bring this up...
Is anyone else getting the feeling that we don't stop Rockwell completely by the end of Genesis

• Like 4

Hey so I got a question thats's been bothering me. Does anyone know if the survivor in genesis is the same survivor from island to extinction? Also how did Rockwell get on the ship? Didn't he crash land on earth at the end of extinction along with the aberration ark? Did he perhaps go to Arat Prime and upload himself into the genesis simulation?

Edited by GerBear

6 minutes ago, GerBear said:

Hey so I got a question thats's been bothering me. Does anyone know if the survivor in genesis is the same survivor from island to extinction? Also how did Rockwell get on the ship? Didn't he crash land on earth at the end of extinction along with the aberration ark Did he perhaps go to Arat Prime and upload himself into the genesis simulation?

We are for sure the same survivor that went from The Island to Extinction. We know this because HLN-A tells us on The Island (or one of the other maps, I don't remember) that we were chosen for the Genesis Simulation.

Most likely, you're right on how Rockwell got there. It would seem that both us and him got to the colony ship the same way, he just got there first.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ImOnFyre said:

I think it will be named ARK : Homeworld. Because I think Rockwell will set the destination of the ship to the element homeworld at the end of Gen 2.

Well I was thinking that too, but then I thought why don’t they just make a DLC then, rather then making a whole new game... scraping all these creatures and items just to remake them, I think it might be more like a sister story, or maybe a prequel, as the titans stared to Rise and stuff. Unless they just copy a everything from ark. Also wondering, maybe the announcement isn’t even ark 2, it’s like the reinstitution of SOTF, they sponsored that mod.... or maybe they are making another game mostly unrelated, like atlas.

3 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Unrelated to the question, but I just want to bring this up...
Is anyone else getting the feeling that we don't stop Rockwell completely by the end of Genesis

Hmmm maybe? Maybe he just found his stop and got off? That’d be too nice of him though, or are you saying we lose? That would be weird..  good thoughts...

3 hours ago, GerBear said:

Hey so I got a question thats's been bothering me. Does anyone know if the survivor in genesis is the same survivor from island to extinction? Also how did Rockwell get on the ship? Didn't he crash land on earth at the end of extinction along with the aberration ark? Did he perhaps go to Arat Prime and upload himself into the genesis simulation?

Same survivor, yep, as for Rockwell, we aren’t entirely sure, but when aberration crashed, I think Rockwell escaped his hole🕳 (which BTW it says he created it in his rage? Like did he punch the ground? I still don’t understand that) As for the ship, we are assuming it was made at Arat prime, and he got onto the ship, then hacked into the sim and make minions and the control or and whatnot

3 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

We are for sure the same survivor that went from The Island to Extinction. We know this because HLN-A tells us on The Island (or one of the other maps, I don't remember) that we were chosen for the Genesis Simulation.

Most likely, you're right on how Rockwell got there. It would seem that both us and him got to the colony ship the same way, he just got there first.

I thought he got there after? Maybe.. like snuck on when the ship departed? 

Also if Eir Evilmund Rockwell didn’t reroute us, then where are we going? Probably not the element homeworld, right? Somewhere else to colonize because Element was taking over and we needed to escape? Or in case something happened to earth? Also, how do we know that earth isn’t the element homeworld? Sandgio(that’s wrong I think) wrote that element slowly created more element when in use... not noticeable because of how little it made, but over a long time, or a war, it would create a lot. So maybe there was just a bit in earths crust, and it grew. Also maybe element is a unknow type of creature, diffrent then any kind know? Hyperintelegent And so small that it’s thought to be a element? The only reason it lives is because it’s all connected in a hive?

21 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Hmmm maybe? Maybe he just found his stop and got off? That’d be too nice of him though, or are you saying we lose? That would be weird..  good thoughts...

I was thinking something less along the lines of us losing, and more like us not completely winning.

Well, let me put it a different way.

To lose, you need to have a goal that you failed to achieve.
What is the goal of the colony ship? There are a few possibilities: It could be to exist as a permanent home out in space, it could serve as a boat to get to somewhere else where they would create a colony, or it would stay out of danger for a while before returning home (least likely imo)
As long as the colony ship remains able to preserve the life on it and take its contents to the intended destination  then nothing is wrong.

That said, Rockwell also seems to have purposefully left much of the ship as it was, meaning the original goal of the Colony Ship is still being achieved, and that could be called a victory.

Thing is, Rockwell also seems intent on changing the destination, assuming from how he will 'very soon' be able to control its destination.
To keep the CS safe and ensure it completes its mission, all we have to do is make sure it reaches its destination. This can be done without killing Rockwell once and for all.

Hell, it would be a win if we're only able to beat back Rockwell for long enough for the ship to reach the destination and offload the people and creatures on it, even if Rockwell takes control of the ship after and flies off.

In other words, just because we don't kill Rockwell for good doesn't mean we lose... There's a lot of space in between those extremes.

I'm thinking something close to us fighting off Rockwell and forcing him to retreat deeper into the ship while we reach our destination and arrive (relatively) safely and abandon the infested ship before he has a chance to retaliate, but there are still plenty of other options:
-We could send down escape pod 'arks' containing life safely to the planet surface of whichever planet we're over at the time
-We could blast off parts of the ship that Rockwell's taken over to disconnect us from him while we proceed down the ship's intended path
-We could destroy the ship completely, causing it to crash into the planet below. This would be a disaster for much of the life on it, but due to safety mechanisms (similar to how the arks crashed down safely,) there are still lots of things that would survive. This would stop Rockwell from being able to use the ship, and, if done over our destination, would still complete the goals of the CS.

Or even still, we could kill Rockwell on the ship, but there's no telling if that's all of him there is... He could have pieces of himself everywhere. Remember, we already killed Rockwell once on Aberration. Just because we kill what we can fight at the time, doesn't mean it's over.

That's what I mean when I say I think that we don't kill Rockwell for good here.

42 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Same survivor, yep, as for Rockwell, we aren’t entirely sure, but when aberration crashed, I think Rockwell escaped his hole🕳 (which BTW it says he created it in his rage? Like did he punch the ground? I still don’t understand that) As for the ship, we are assuming it was made at Arat prime, and he got onto the ship, then hacked into the sim and make minions and the control or and whatnot

I thought he got there after? Maybe.. like snuck on when the ship departed? 

As for the hole, I think he damage a part of the station which revealed an inner chamber that he fell into when he took control of the station, not that he created the control pit with his attacks.

Also, I don't know that we should say the ship was made at Arat Prime. Arat Prime could still be something other than the construction place of the CS. I'd say it's more likely that it was a control site/launching site/both. While it could also be the construction site, I think that it being a control station is more relevant, since it's still linked to the ship in some way, whereas if it were just built at AP, then that would imply there isn't likely any link anymore.

I'm just being picky with word choice though I think, you probably meant the same thing.

And onto when he got on the ship... It was definitely after Aberration fell, if we assume that the ship was launched as a backup if the Arks didn't work, then the ship was long gone when Aberration touched down. That would mean that Rockwell reached the Genesis Simulation first, then went into the Colony Ship after by going through the Simulation, much like how we did, only since he came first and changed things around, we had to jump through quite a few extra hoops.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Also if Eir Evilmund Rockwell didn’t reroute us, then where are we going? Probably not the element homeworld, right? Somewhere else to colonize because Element was taking over and we needed to escape? Or in case something happened to earth? Also, how do we know that earth isn’t the element homeworld? Sandgio(that’s wrong I think) wrote that element slowly created more element when in use... not noticeable because of how little it made, but over a long time, or a war, it would create a lot. So maybe there was just a bit in earths crust, and it grew. Also maybe element is a unknow type of creature, diffrent then any kind know? Hyperintelegent And so small that it’s thought to be a element? The only reason it lives is because it’s all connected in a hive?

The original destination certainly isn't somewhere that we thought had lots of element... Remember that the Genesis Simulation, which is interlinked with the Colony Ship, was an escape plan. It wouldn't lead to somewhere that could potentially have its own King Titan already. Our destination is almost certainly a fairly Earth-like planet, or whatever we could find that was the closest to Earth.

Earth certainly could be the origin point of element too, Santiago talks about mining element as if it's a normal thing for his people, which implies that Element was in the Earth, and the Sanctuary was built over a massive deposit of element as well. The other possibility is that element came to Earth, likely in the form of a meteor, although some alien or something could've also came by a long time ago using element and that element just grew over time.
Really, its origin could be anywhere at this point, we don't really know anything about that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Hell, it would be a win if we're only able to beat back Rockwell for long enough for the ship to reach the destination and offload the people and creatures on it, even if Rockwell takes control of the ship after and flies off.

While yes, this would be quite an accomplishment on our part, I still think we defeat him, while maybe only needing half the ship, he still wants to take over the entire cosmos(that’s the word he said, correct?) and we are included in that cosmos, maybe he is trying to take himself somewhere so he can control everything, and even if he wasn’t going to infect US we still don’t want him to take over everything else.

3 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Our destination is almost certainly a fairly Earth-like planet, or whatever we could find that was the closest to Earth.

What I was thinking too...

3 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

The other possibility is that element came to Earth, likely in the form of a meteor,

Well even then, if it came when the earth was formed, that dosent even mean earth is the homeworld, from what I know, the earth wasn’t the first thing made, it’s only 4billion years old(I think) and was likely formed by scrapes of other planets and stuff. Maybe element is everywhere? If it is a basic element, like copper or anything else, there’s probaly 100s of 1000s of planets with a large amount of element. Maybe there is no “Homeworld” at all, it’s just everywhere because it’s an element, like is there a homeworld of Iron?

46 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Also, how do we know that earth isn’t the element homeworld? Sandgio(that’s wrong I think) wrote that element slowly created more element when in use... not noticeable because of how little it made, but over a long time, or a war, it would create a lot. So maybe there was just a bit in earths crust, and it grew. Also maybe element is a unknow type of creature, diffrent then any kind know? Hyperintelegent And so small that it’s thought to be a element? The only reason it lives is because it’s all connected in a hive?

Helena/The One Who Waits states in her 15th Extinction note that element was "carried across the universe like interstellar pollen", which rules out the possibility of it being from Earth. Although I think that part you said about element growing in Earth's crust could still be relevant, since I think it might answer the question of when it arrived on Earth. If it came down in a meteor or something in the present day then I'm sure it would of done a considerable amount of damage. Therefore, I think what happened was that a small amount of it arrived on Earth in a meteor millions of years ago, possibly even in the meteor that killed the dinosaurs (that would be a weird bit of irony). From there it grew within Earth's crust over the millennia until it was widespread enough that humanity took notice of it and began utilizing it for their own needs. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

While yes, this would be quite an accomplishment on our part, I still think we defeat him, while maybe only needing half the ship, he still wants to take over the entire cosmos(that’s the word he said, correct?) and we are included in that cosmos, maybe he is trying to take himself somewhere so he can control everything, and even if he wasn’t going to infect US we still don’t want him to take over everything else.

"I control this vessel now,
I command its evolution,
and very soon... Its destination

From there, my will shall spread across the cosmos forever
Infinite, and undying

And there's nothing you, or that witless puppet,
That shadow, of Her
Can do to stop me

I have already set my designs in motion
Our future awaits, Survivor"

So yes, it certainly sounds like once he reaches his destination, he'll be able to spread all throughout the universe, which is certainly not good for us.
That was just one of many different things I was coming up with where we complete our goal without killing him, but my point still stands: Unless Helena put us in there specifically to kill Rockwell, we don't need to kill him to achieve our goal. In my opinion, the easiest way to defeat Rockwell in this case would be to gain control of the CS, arrive at our destination, and crashland the ship into the planet, rendering it unusable, and trapping Rockwell down there with us, preventing him from reaching his destination.

7 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Helena/The One Who Waits states in her 15th Extinction note that element was "carried across the universe like interstellar pollen", which rules out the possibility of it being from Earth. Although I think that part you said about element growing in Earth's crust could still be relevant, since I think it might answer the question of when it arrived on Earth. If it came down in a meteor or something in the present day then I'm sure it would of done a considerable amount of damage. Therefore, I think what happened was that a small amount of it arrived on Earth in a meteor millions of years ago, possibly even in the meteor that killed the dinosaurs (that would be a weird bit of irony). From there it grew within Earth's crust over the millennia until it was widespread enough that humanity took notice of it and began utilizing it for their own needs. 

I think you're taking that a bit out of context actually, here's the whole note:

"It's unclear to me whether it was a matter of evolution or awakening. That is to say, I'm not certain if the violet poison turned into the all consuming virus it is now, or if it always was that way. Either is possible.

Was it an infection, carried across the universe like interstellar pollen, or a remarkable resource, mutated into a monstrosity? Was our garden invaded, or twisted by the greed and ambition of its keepers? I don't know the answer. I'm not sure it matters.

What's clear is that it's merciless. Unfeeling. It's driven by base instincts and primal emotion - propagation, hunger, and hatred - and it spreads those to its shadows. Hatred most of all."

Helena seems to be musing about the nature of Element in this note, not providing us with facts about its origin and how Corruption spread.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Therefore, I think what happened was that a small amount of it arrived on Earth in a meteor millions of years ago, possibly even in the meteor that killed the dinosaurs (that would be a weird bit of irony). 

Also, this is now my current headcanon for how Element reached Earth, and unless we get someone reliable to explicitly say otherwise, I will not change my mind on this.

Oh I'm laughing alright

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

In my opinion, the easiest way to defeat Rockwell in this case would be to gain control of the CS, arrive at our destination, and crashland the ship into the planet, rendering it unusable, and trapping Rockwell down there with us, preventing him from reaching his destination.

Yey! Somehow find out how to destroy a rocket ship At least 50x larger then an Ark(We have proven able to destroy aberration though, it’s not entirely impossible), then Survive the drop down, then be trapped on a planet with a giant angry Rockwell, who may still have pieces on earth or other places, a victory and happy ending!(not criticizing you, or at least not trying to)

7 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Helena seems to be musing about the nature of Element in this note, not providing us with facts about its origin and how Corruption spread.

Maybe, but I doubt it was first place element was found.. guess we

l see though

Edited by Dinobros2000

4 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Also, this is now my current headcanon for how Element reached Earth, and unless we get someone reliable to explicitly say otherwise, I will not change my mind on this.

Oh I'm laughing alright

Maybe the asteroid was so large cuz it didn’t melt on the way down? High melting point!

2 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Yey! Somehow find out how to destroy a rocket ship At least 50x larger then an Ark, then Survive the drop down, then be trapped on a planet with a giant angry Rockwell, who may still have pieces on earth or other places, a victory and happy ending!(not criticizing you, or at least not trying to)

Well, it's actually pretty easy to destroy a giant flying ship, you just have to turn off safe mode and drive it into the surface below you.

Jokes aside, successful (read: You can walk away from it) crash landings are a thing that happens. Modern planes do crash land in emergencies, and passengers do leave safely after. All we need is control of the ship, which is actually not very simple considering that Rockwell still doesn't have that control...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Jokes aside, successful (read: You can walk away from it) crash landings are a thing that happens. Modern planes do crash land in emergencies, and passengers do leave safely after. All we need is control of the ship, which is actually not very simple considering that Rockwell still doesn't have that control...

Wow, I guess it is easy, at lease if “Safety mode” isn’t guarded by Rockwell.. and I know it is possible, just rare, probably especially with such an advanced ship as the CS..