Alright, something interesting I noticed about the finale of the trailer is this: There are several round metallic balls tied to the Colony Ship. (What are they used for? I dunno.) And that planet... We see it not only in the astrodelphis teaser, but also orbiting the Ocean Biome within Genesis. I find it odd that we are leaving the area in the trailer. This location seems important.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Alright, something interesting I noticed about the finale of the trailer is this: There are several round metallic balls tied to the Colony Ship. (What are they used for? I dunno.)

In traditionnal sci-fi as well as in actual ship designs, spheres are used for fuel storage such as oxygen/hydrogen. Hey, they might surprise us with a kind of biosphere, who knows...

12 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

And that planet...

Based on my assumptions made in my previous post, I'd say the ship is above Mars in the trailer.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

5.jpg.c2bfa54d0462348ce64321c83b6827ff.jpg

Final boss of GP2? The eyes and the Rockwell tentacles make me think that this is an important part of Rockwell's corruption. and maybe the glowing sphere is supposed to be his brain or something?

One option is that the final boss fight is going to be a multistage boss fight like the one on aberration. You'll have the tentacles which won't be optional to kill but instead just be annoying. The creature with eyes will be the creature you'll have to kill in order to progress to the next part of the fight.

17 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

There were more than one of those in the teaser, which doesn't seem very final boss-esque to me, but it certainly isn't Rockwell's brain or anything. I'd say that it's either just an enemy in the Rockwell biome(s?) or perhaps a mission boss (because it does seem like a very tough enemy,) but not the final boss.

Then there's the other option which will be either a normal enemy you can encounter as a mini-boss or they will be enemies in a cave like bodyguards.

Them being part of the multi-stage boss fight makes sense but like Hippo said "There were more than one" which makes me think they will be bodyguards that you will have to kill them in order to activate the final boss fight.

Edited by KyrineKrystal

1 hour ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Alright, something interesting I noticed about the finale of the trailer is this: There are several round metallic balls tied to the Colony Ship. (What are they used for? I dunno.) And that planet... We see it not only in the astrodelphis teaser, but also orbiting the Ocean Biome within Genesis. I find it odd that we are leaving the area in the trailer. This location seems important.

I hadn't noticed those, and they do look kinda strange. They could be storage I suppose, but overall it just looks abnormal to me. I'm not really sure what to make of them honestly.

As for the planet, I don't really have any ideas about which planet exactly it is, but it is clearly important. Sure, it could be Mars, but it could also be in a different solar system, we just don't know, and I don't think there have been any info drops about it yet.

29 minutes ago, KyrineKrystal said:

One option is that the final boss fight is going to be a multistage boss fight like the one on aberration. You'll have the tentacles which won't be optional to kill but instead just be annoying. The creature with eyes will be the creature you'll have to kill in order to progress to the next part of the fight.

Then there's the other option which will be either a normal enemy you can encounter as a mini-boss or they will be enemies in a cave like bodyguards.

Them being part of the multi-stage boss fight makes sense but like Hippo said "There were more than one" which makes me think they will be bodyguards that you will have to kill them in order to activate the final boss fight.

Personally, I'm leaning towards it being either a 'normal' enemy that you encounter in the end-game area and missions, or a mini-boss that is the target of certain missions.

• Like 1

Personally call the eye jellies "Seers" as that seems an appropriate filler name. 

The Seers are likely sentries of sorts that roam the insides of Rockwell to look for threats like the Survivor. Their cries alert Rockwell, which is why the tentacles emerge after it calls out(Probably just a trailer thing, but we'll see). This makes sense, seeing as how Nameless and Reapers act this way, and are also part of the Rockwell boss fight, meaning these may also be part of the final fight as minions. 

I really hope Seers are tameable in some capacity, they look awesome. Maybe if they're independent of Rockwell we can tame them? Or they'll be like Zomdodos and be claimable after we beat Rockwell? Even if they were tameable though, I doubt they'd be rideable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Personally call the eye jellies "Seers" as that seems an appropriate filler name. 

The Seers are likely sentries of sorts that roam the insides of Rockwell to look for threats like the Survivor. Their cries alert Rockwell, which is why the tentacles emerge after it calls out(Probably just a trailer thing, but we'll see). This makes sense, seeing as how Nameless and Reapers act this way, and are also part of the Rockwell boss fight, meaning these may also be part of the final fight as minions. 

I really hope Seers are tameable in some capacity, they look awesome. Maybe if they're independent of Rockwell we can tame them? Or they'll be like Zomdodos and be claimable after we beat Rockwell? Even if they were tameable though, I doubt they'd be rideable. 

That would make sense, but why would Rockwell need a roaming sentry when he already has eyes all over the place? I'm not so sure that it's supposed to look for threats, but more likely, it's supposed to get rid of them. Or maybe, thinking about it, there is a significant advantage to having multiple eyes moving around to follow a target over only having stationary eyes. The difference between a wall camera and a drone; a drone provides much more relevant details and is more reliable and can't as easily be hidden from.
So I'd like to make a slight revision to your idea: It's not supposed to find threats, but keep track of and follow threats, if it doesn't attempt to dispose of said threats itself.

Also, a little thing I noticed: The Seers' eyes are all blue, while all of Rockwell's floor/wall eyes are purple-greyish. That's probably an important detail.

As for taming, I think it would be crazy cool to have one, but I have a feeling we won't be able to tame them.

I bet it's gonna have some really interesting attacks though.

3 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

I personally just want to use a noglin I can’t wait!

I just want to throw a noglin at a wild giga to be able to use the full power of a giga, if only for a short time. Is that too much to ask for?

Edited by TinyHippo
  • Haha 2

Just now, TinyHippo said:

Oh really! I must've missed (or forgot) that bit!

To clarify, are you saying we can mind control wild dinos, gigas, or both?

I think wild dinos with times set for how powerful they are and how far you can control them
and other players for the same. Anyway I’m excited! :) 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

I think wild dinos with times set for how powerful they are and how far you can control them
and other players for the same. Anyway I’m excited! :) 

Glad to hear! I assumed it would work but then doubt was planted...

Seriously though, imagine mind controlling a wild giga for even 30 seconds. You don't even need to control it after that, just move it into position and it'll rip and tear on whatever it's next to because it's a wild giga.

SURELY, no one would ever use this to be rude to other players on a pve server, right?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

That would make sense, but why would Rockwell need a roaming sentry when he already has eyes all over the place? I'm not so sure that it's supposed to look for threats, but more likely, it's supposed to get rid of them.

I mean personally, I think it would be tough for Rockwell to determine where the Survivor is in his entire body unless there were some kind of landmark inside of him. But if a Seer were to screech, Rockwell could feel that and know where the survivor is. Maybe I'm underestimating his capacity for knowing where we are, but it makes sense to me personally. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

I mean personally, I think it would be tough for Rockwell to determine where the Survivor is in his entire body unless there were some kind of landmark inside of him. But if a Seer were to screech, Rockwell could feel that and know where the survivor is. Maybe I'm underestimating his capacity for knowing where we are, but it makes sense to me personally. 

I get what you're saying, but I think you're underestimating him here. Rockwell can see you with an eye, and he knows where that is, very similar to how you know where your hands are even if you cant see them. You just know where your parts are relative to eachother.

To make a simple comparison, many fish have one eye on either side of their head. When they see something coming from the left, they know it's coming from the left and not the right. I do believe Rockwell is bit more advanced than fish. I don't really think there's any way that Rockwell can't keep track of where we are as long as he can see us.

I'd agree with you if we replaced Rockwell with a normal human and all the eyes with security cameras, but things are different when it's all one living organism.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Darkholis said:

Let's go over some facts, shall we?

1- We killed the King Titan, thus the main hivemind of Element on Earth.
2- ARKs were craddles harboring life to restore Earth once the Titans/Element were removed.
3- ARKs also doubled as a pulse-kind weapon to purge "every last bit of Element from the soil" as stated by Helena.
4- Aberration crash-landed on Earth during the Reseed Protocol.
5- Arat Prime is located on Earth and a key (if not THE key) location behind the ARK project.

My toughts :

1- Arat Prime is indeed the design/building/launching point of the ARKs.
2- Given the assumption Arat is a massive shipyard, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the Genesis ship starting point.
3- I'm confident to say the Genesis ship was a backup plan to find a new planet, should the ARKs failed.
4- I suspect Rockwell was freed from his "guardian" bounds when Aberration crashed on Earth.
5- Rockwell, being now a creature/servant of Element most likely felt threathened by the ARKs anti-element pulse weapons.
6- Looks very much like Rockwell found a way aboard the Genesis ship, a.k.a lifeboat to escape certain death from Earth and its ARKs shields.

Those are just some ideas...

We already know that the sanctuary and it's sourroundings are the birthing place of the arks. This was mentioned in multiple of Helenas notes as "the one who waits".
The point about arat prime being the launching point of the ship sounds kinda good though, considering that arat prime probably has the same kind of relationship to the genesis simulation that the sanctuary has to the arks.

14 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

To make a simple comparison, many fish have one eye on either side of their head. When they see something coming from the left, they know it's coming from the left and not the right. I do believe Rockwell is bit more advanced than fish.

Yeah, but a fish doesn't have hundreds of eyes pointing in different directions across a space the size of a biome. It's like having eyeballs all throughout your digestive tract, it would be hard to understand where exactly you are looking. Maybe Rockwell knows you're inside him but not exactly where you are, or the eyes only relay information if they spot something "out of the ordinary"(Maybe they have pseudo-brains?) so they can send a "priority signal" to the main brain and alert Rockwell. Just saying that having this many eyes for any organism would require quite a bit of biological trickery, enhanced or not. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Yeah, but a fish doesn't have hundreds of eyes pointing in different directions across a space the size of a biome. It's like having eyeballs all throughout your digestive tract, it would be hard to understand where exactly you are looking. Maybe Rockwell knows you're inside him but not exactly where you are, or the eyes only relay information if they spot something "out of the ordinary"(Maybe they have pseudo-brains?) so they can send a "priority signal" to the main brain and alert Rockwell. Just saying that having this many eyes for any organism would require quite a bit of biological trickery, enhanced or not. 

A fish also has a brain that's 1 millionth the size of Rockwell's brain.

While those are valid points anyway, I still think you're underestimating his ability to interpret what he sees. Being as large as he is means he has a similarly massive brain, and he also has access to the ship if he ever wanted more processing power. Basically, I think he's capable of processing all the images he gets from the eyes, though there isn't really evidence for or against that claim afaik, it's just me making assumptions and going off gut feelings. If he was more human I'd agree with you that there's no way he could keep track of all of them (I couldn't, you couldn't, no one in this thread could,) but I think he's far enough beyond a normal human that he could do it.

Quite frankly, I don't see either of us convincing the other of our point of view though, since there's no evidence on either side and we're just going off what seems more correct to us, so maybe we should agree to disagree on this.

• Like 2

“During the Extra Life live stream we also revealed that we'll have a special announcement for the ARK community at The Game Awards on December 10th.  Be sure to tune in for a special treat from Jeremy and Jesse!”

From the new ark article. I’m convinced this is ARK 2, it adresses the whole community, and it has both the owners.
And it’s at the game awards

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Maybe so! I wonder how far on it they already are? Maybe they have been working on it since Extinction and playing the community to think not And they are almost ready to release, maybe in the summertime(“when the Weather is fine”), or maybe they’ve just decided to start working on it, or anywhere in between... And also that was the evilest cover pic ever... talk about false Hype, thought that was an actual game teaser... I guess I’m complementing the artist saying that, good job!

Edited by Dinobros2000
  • Like 1