4 hours ago, Fes said:

I just remembered this post after the reveal just know, they just confirmed that you're gonna spawn with a federation tek suit and that the map is also built with that in mind ( some places might require the jetpack to get to ).

Although they also said that it kinda works like a skin at the same time, so you can put on other armour too while keeping the functionality

They said it is a skin, so it'll be a utility skin like the glider suit

9 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

I imagine it will have pretty low base armor so that survivors are still encouraged to "upgrade" while still receiving the benefits of a Tek Suit like Jetpack and Falling Boots. Atleast that's the only way I can really think of that would be balanced. 

it might even have no armor value since it goes over other armor, so you can upgrade without affecting the tek suit bonuses.

It makes me a bit sad because that means we can't use other skins with it though.

They just revealed the Rockwell's Innards biome too, and said that it's a core part of the story (like that wasn't obvious by the name.) Those eyes we saw growing out of the walls and floor earlier were all Rockwell's for sure.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Important thing to take note of:

1 of the two rings that preserve life is completely corrupted, while the other is untouched. You can see this in the teaser at 0:53 and at 1:20.
This isn't that Rockwell was unable to get himself out of one of the rings, as he's in the rest of the ship, and the rings are connected, so he has purposefully not touched the other ring. He has intentionally converted exactly half of the life preserving biomes, the Ark, if you will, and left the other half untouched.
I would like to propose the idea that he plans on leaving humanity as it currently exists alive, instead of corrupting every last person and organism that exists. Remember, Rockwell was using the GenSim to find loyal humans, but why would they need to be loyal if he was just going to corrupt them? They wouldn't.

50 minutes ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

I think they are setting up ark 2    It will take place on the destination planet 

who else agrees 

That’s my homeworld theory. I think Ark 2 is either gonna be in the element homeworld or a prequel. (If they do ARK 2 (they probably will ARK was a huge success but it was made on a faulty foundation, this would be their chance to have the same success but with a better foundation.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Man the new space dolphin looks amazing.  But if the creators of the Genesis sim made the space whale did they know that the Space dolphin existed and thought there were other species of space marine animals 

I would say most likely they did, and the astrocetus itself may also exist.

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2020 at 2:21 AM, Fes said:

I just remembered this post after the reveal just know, they just confirmed that you're gonna spawn with a federation tek suit and that the map is also built with that in mind ( some places might require the jetpack to get to ).

Although they also said that it kinda works like a skin at the same time, so you can put on other armour too while keeping the functionality

Ohh nice! Also the pistol, I think, it kinda says so in its little description 

On 11/8/2020 at 8:24 AM, Bigchingus7890 said:

I think they are setting up ark 2    It will take place on the destination planet 

who else agrees 

Ohhh I hope so!

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2020 at 10:24 AM, Bigchingus7890 said:

who else agrees 

I think Genesis is leading to its own thing as they originally said it was separate from the main story, I feel like Ark 2 will continue on Earth with the Crashed Aberration Original Rockwell and maybe have an Atlas style map system with us traveling between Arks (like islands in Atlas) across multiple servers. I really think Atlas was a test for Ark 2. And maybe since Genesis is such a different thing maybe there will be something else? Maybe continued DLC in Ark 2 after we get the main story?

Edited by Alvaren
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Ohh nice! Also the pistol, I think, it kinda says so in its little description 

"Each crew member will be issued a Federation phase pistol"

Could be a description for when it was being handed out to the crew at  the time of the ship's launch, or it could be referring to us spawning with it, yea. Since we're spawning with a tek suit it wouldn't surprise me too much if we started with one of those too.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

"Each crew member will be issued a Federation phase pistol"

Could be a description for when it was being handed out to the crew at  the time of the ship's launch, or it could be referring to us spawning with it, yea. Since we're spawning with a tek suit it wouldn't surprise me too much if we started with one of those too.

Yeah.. was thinking bout that, also maybe they made it a skin to go on ranged weapons, this would be intresting. Do you think stun is a like 5 sec freeze or torpor?

2 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Yeah.. was thinking bout that, also maybe they made it a skin to go on ranged weapons, this would be intresting. Do you think stun is a like 5 sec freeze or torpor?

Just because of how it works, I'm going to say it's probably its own dedicated weapon, not a utility skin.

I'm pretty sure the stun won't be torpor though. They described the stun as 'stun beams' that'll stop the target for a bit after the beams have been active for long enough, and after that, the target will be immune to stuns for a time. Just doesn't really sound like torpor to me.

Anyone else exited to find out what some of the other creatures are? We know there’s at least 1 more, whatever that jelly was, and I think maybe a new type of mech or a diffrent Tek creature was there in the Tek city looking but, and I want sure if the thing that grabbed that glow tail was a new dino or not.. did I miss anything? Also I wonder if the weird eye stuff can alert Rockwell, if he has minions down there(maybe the jellyfish) maybe his innards can attack up in that biome? Cuz we know a biome inside Rockwell wolnt be easy breezy fun...

Edited by Dinobros2000

12 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Yeah.. still intresting tho

also I’m exited for the bow more than anything...

Lots of different ammo types, all swappable at will without using any actual arrows. It really does seem like a fun weapon.

1 minute ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Anyone else exited to find out what some of the other creatures are? We know there’s at least 1 more, whatever that jelly was, and I think maybe a new type of mech or a diffrent Tek creature was there in the Tek city looking but, and I want sure if the thing that grabbed that glow tail was a new dino or not.. did I miss anything? Also I wonder if the weird eye stuff can alert Rockwell, if he has minions down there(maybe the jellyfish) maybe his innards can attack up in that biome? 

Jelly? Are you talking about the 6-eyed flying squid thing that opens up in front of us and HLN-A? I've taken to just calling it a squid.
Anyway, the robots in the tek city were not normal meks, they're certainly something new. The thing that grabbed the glowbug was just a seeker, nothing new.
As for the eyes, the biome description certainly implies that Rockwell can track us while we're down there, so I'd say yes, he can see us. There are also mouths down there in that area too, so he can probably attack us with those too. I'd wager that the flying squid things are also just another part of Rockwell.

2 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Also someone mentioned the Noglin bearing able to contol the hive or something, but it is of the hive I think, judging that it exsists inside Rockwell’s Body... which makes me wonder why you can tame it..

The noglin can mind control what it grabs on to. I also find it interesting that it's in Rockwell. It's a very interesting thing, but I don't think it's part of a hivemind at all or anything.

2 minutes ago, Alvaren said:

the new mechs looked like they were carrying color crates so... new supply drops/loot crates

Yea, I was thinking the same at first, but there were quite a few of them there, it seems a bit common for supply drops... but we only saw one small part, so I think you're right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TinyHippo said:Lots of different ammo types, all swappable at will without using any actual arrows. It really does seem like a fun weapon.

Jelly? Are you talking about the 6-eyed flying squid thing that opens up in front of us and HLN-A? I've taken to just calling it a squid.
Anyway, the robots in the tek city were not normal meks, they're certainly something new. The thing that grabbed the glowbug was just a seeker, nothing new.
As for the eyes, the biome description certainly implies that Rockwell can track us while we're down there, so I'd say yes, he can see us. There are also mouths down there in that area too, so he can probably attack us with those too. I'd wager that the flying squid things are also just another part of Rockwell.

The noglin can mind control what it grabs on to. I also find it interesting that it's in Rockwell. It's a very interesting thing, but I don't think it's part of a hivemind at all or anything.

Yea, I was thinking the same at first, but there were quite a few of them there, it seems a bit common for supply drops... but we only saw one small part, so I think you're right.

Yes very fun. Hope it’s stronger then crossbow and still good with torpor... also yes jelly, squid, horrifying demegorden. Also thoes squids did seam like they would be Rockwell minions. So what if the Noglin grabs Rockwell? Also then, exited about even more new Tek dinos and maybe supply crates, I’d seam like there wouldn’t be OSDs or normal drops on a map like this, but maybe veins inside RW? That’d be cool, and weird. But there should be lampposts and stuff for us though, so element should be easy. 

57 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Yes very fun. Hope it’s stronger then crossbow and still good with torpor... also yes jelly, squid, horrifying demegorden. Also thoes squids did seam like they would be Rockwell minions. So what if the Noglin grabs Rockwell? Also then, exited about even more new Tek dinos and maybe supply crates, I’d seam like there wouldn’t be OSDs or normal drops on a map like this, but maybe veins inside RW? That’d be cool, and weird. But there should be lampposts and stuff for us though, so element should be easy. 

I'm guessing we either have to fight the robot carrying the crate to get the loot, or the robot just lets us have it. All things considered, we probably have to fight for it.

As for element, I suspect we'll probably get it primarily as rewards from the new missions, and as strange as it sounds, it wouldn't surprise me if one of the missions is to go diving into Rockwell specifically to take some of his element.

1 hour ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Will we still have missions? Maybe we just have tasks or something simmiler like fix the ship, hence the broken glass 

They said we would have missions, but different from what we had on part 1. They weren't terribly specific, but they did say that all missions would be outside of the normal playing area (so no areas where you want to build but can't) and they said that they'd improve them based on feedback from part 1.

So yes there will be missions but we can expect them to be significantly different from part 1 missions.