• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

I can see images just fine.

You can, because your browser have them cached. The links you used are not right for embedding. You pasted:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/arksurvivalevolved_gamepedia/images/e/ed/ARK-_Genesis_Part_1.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/291?cb=20190808181605
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/arksurvivalevolved_gamepedia/images/3/32/ARK-_Genesis_Part_2.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/291?cb=20201018174051

Should be:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/arksurvivalevolved_gamepedia/images/e/ed/ARK-_Genesis_Part_1.png
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/arksurvivalevolved_gamepedia/images/3/32/ARK-_Genesis_Part_2.png

For example:

ARK-_Genesis_Part_1.pngARK-_Genesis_Part_2.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

You can, because your browser have them cached. The links you used are not right for embedding. You pasted:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/arksurvivalevolved_gamepedia/images/e/ed/ARK-_Genesis_Part_1.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/291?cb=20190808181605
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/arksurvivalevolved_gamepedia/images/3/32/ARK-_Genesis_Part_2.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/291?cb=20201018174051

Should be:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/arksurvivalevolved_gamepedia/images/e/ed/ARK-_Genesis_Part_1.png
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/arksurvivalevolved_gamepedia/images/3/32/ARK-_Genesis_Part_2.png

For example:

ARK-_Genesis_Part_1.pngARK-_Genesis_Part_2.png

You guys are getting is at this haha 🤣

59 minutes ago, ImOnFyre said:

Soooooo.... another teaser image has blessed us. What do you all think?Ark_Gen2_Haloween_Promo_3168x1782_lo.jpg

I just came here to post about this.

Interesting little one.
I wonder if it killed the human or if it's just admiring the work of something else--------

ACTUALLY

It took me a bit to notice, maybe because I just woke up, but that's not just a decapitation.
There's a hole on the helmet and the blood splatter there looks like a gunshot wound.
But then, did the impact just knock the head clean off or did something come by to collect the head of a dead person? Is that what the little one did? Did the little one shoot its tongue out at ridiculous speeds to insta-headshot the human and then steal its head?

Or maybe it fired a laser beam.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ImOnFyre said:

Soooooo.... another teaser image has blessed us. What do you all think?Ark_Gen2_Haloween_Promo_3168x1782_lo.jpg

Also if you look at the creatures mouth there is a crease. It is a bit strange on a creature that size and suggests that the mouth can open in two halves and not just the average way for a mouth to open. Typical for alien design in games but when used the creature is almost always hostile.

I find the Tek design interesting. They are really sticking to the new Federation tek suit design we say at the end of Genesis. Makes me think that tek suit is gonna be real important.

Yea I'm kinda excited to see what the Feddie tek suit does and what changes were made to it. I find it interesting that they would take off the jetpack for a suit used in a space-fairing colony ship though. It just seems like a bad idea to me.

Also if you look at the creatures mouth there is a crease. It is a bit strange on a creature that size and suggests that the mouth can open in two halves and not just the average way for a mouth to open. Typical for alien design in games but when used the creature is almost always hostile.

Ooooh nice catch, I hadn't noticed that. that's a lot of mouth on such a little creature. I can't wait to see how it attacks.

Has anyone else noticed the line going straight down from it's mouth ? Looks kinda like it would be able to open it's body along it or something like that.
Btw,  i saw a hint on twitter ( i attached it for anyone too lazy to search ), which leads me to believe that this thing is gonna change its body in one way or another, whether it's gonna tranform ferox style or if it will do something like open its chest and reveal something horrific

f529a862e952ddcf521fb4c0059766ae.png

19 minutes ago, Fes said:

Has anyone else noticed the line going straight down from it's mouth ? Looks kinda like it would be able to open it's body along it or something like that.
Btw,  i saw a hint on twitter ( i attached it for anyone too lazy to search ), which leads me to believe that this thing is gonna change its body in one way or another, whether it's gonna tranform ferox style or if it will do something like open its chest and reveal something horrific

f529a862e952ddcf521fb4c0059766ae.png

Yea we were just talking about that line, it looks like it opens up to a really big mouth.

As for the shapeshifting part, I won't say that's not the case, but I think you're extrapolating too much here. Something can be cute, but if it starts killing people, (most) people would say it isn't cute anymore. It doesn't have to actually change its form to become not cute.

I think it shoots its tongue out really fast or something and it hits like a bullet. I'm thinking like a frog grabbing a bug only instead of grabbing it the tongue just pierces right through the target and kills them. It would make for an interesting shoulder pet.

39 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Yea we were just talking about that line, it looks like it opens up to a really big mouth.

Oh damn, i somehow managed to miss the 3 posts before mine, my bad

39 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

As for the shapeshifting part, I won't say that's not the case, but I think you're extrapolating too much here. Something can be cute, but if it starts killing people, (most) people would say it isn't cute anymore. It doesn't have to actually change its form to become not cute.

Didn't think about it like that, makes sense to me

13 minutes ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

I’m also wondering if we can’t see how far that line goes  what if it’s all mouth 

I'd also like to see that. From what I can tell, it looks like it goes at least a third of the way down, and I'd guess around halfway but it's hard to say for sure with the helmet in the way

6 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

I'd also like to see that. From what I can tell, it looks like it goes at least a third of the way down, and I'd guess around halfway but it's hard to say for sure with the helmet in the way

Man ark survivor better save the cat but then again they never should have brought the alien back to the ship lol

Sadly because we can't see the whole creature we cannot tell what the creases purpose is. I just know that what I have seen for years with that design is the mouth instead of opening in 2 opens into 3 parts and there is some interesting trait about the mount like multiple rows of teeth, acid spit, or a enlarged parts of their mouth. I want to know which trait this one will have.

Edited by ImOnFyre
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

I so it’s definitely quite different from URE tek. It’s a whole lot sleeker and has less sharp edges. Seems to me like a theme with Fed tek vs URE tek. Fed tek is sleeker, more refined, but lacks some of the key abilities and traits like a jet pack. It seems to me just looking at the different tek and the different ways the two nations solved problems the URE was a whole lot more militaristic than the fedies.

Edited by ImOnFyre
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, ImOnFyre said:

Fed tek is sleeker, more refined, but lacks some of the key abilities and traits like a jet pack.

Idk, I think if you look at that Halloween promo for GP2 you can kind of see something that looks similar to a jetpack on the back of the suit. Or maybe it's some kind of backpack?

1501420326_Tek_Suit_Jetpack_LI(2)(2).thumb.jpg.097fe4a18362a267d64405b8afbd8057.jpg

3 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Idk, I think if you look at that Halloween promo for GP2 you can kind of see something that looks similar to a jetpack on the back of the suit. Or maybe it's some kind of backpack?

1501420326_Tek_Suit_Jetpack_LI(2)(2).thumb.jpg.097fe4a18362a267d64405b8afbd8057.jpg

I only say without a jetpack because in genesis the tek suit lacked a ton of the main abilities and the things that caused those abilities seemed to be removed from the suit but idk it could be different in GP2.

8 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

It could be O2 I think gen2 will have space, And you can’t breathe in space 

makes sense to me 

On 10/31/2020 at 1:00 PM, ImOnFyre said:

Sadly because we can't see the whole creature we cannot tell what the creases purpose is. I just know that what I have seen for years with that design is the mouth instead of opening in 2 opens into 3 parts and there is some interesting trait about the mount like multiple rows of teeth, acid spit, or a enlarged parts of their mouth. I want to know which trait this one will have.

What if it has a creased mouth and another mouth in that mouth but also another creased mouth LOL

• Haha 1