31 minutes ago, ImOnFyre said:

Oh my...... the new ark announcement poster... wow.ARK_Gen2_Promo_poster.png

I don’t even know where to begin.

Let's seperate the aspects of the image and go through them one by one.

The first point is this thing in the middle. At first glance, one might assume that it's a vehicle, but if we look closer we can see that it actually appears to be a creature wearing a tek saddle. I have seen people that already call it "space shark" so lets go with that for now. The space shark is probably a creature like the astrocetus, except it's based off a different maritime animal. Since most of it's body is covered up by the saddle, we can't see much beside some fins and it's underbelly and it's still up to speculation what this creature exactly is.

Now, as for the saddle, unlike most of the other tek saddles, it doesn't seem to have any kind of weaponry.  Instead it features thrusters at the back, so we can assume that the space shark is gonna be somewhat fast with its saddle. What's also interesting is the fact that the saddle has an actual cockpit. While some tek saddles feature something resembling one ( Desert Titan and Astrocetus for example ), this is the first time we get something that actually could function as one. To me it looks like this would close when the player gets into it, which would be really cool IMO.

Let's get to the rest of the image, starting with the player and his environment. We can clearly see him running towards the space shark on some kind of tek catwalk, while there are tentacles creeping up behind him. The tentacles probably belong to either rockwell himself or something corrupted by him.
There's not much to explain here, maybe the fact that the player is wearing the federation tek suit is interesting ( it doesn't have thrusters like the normal one) , but we already knew that from the genesis ending cutscene.

As for the background, we can see three things there:

The first is some kind of halo-esque structure beneath the player that we can also see arching upwards behind the space shark. If we zoom in on it, there appears to be a landscape on it, but also what i can describe best as some sort of metal structures, like the ones on extinction, although these seem to have a different form. My theory is that this is the colony ship mentioned by the HLNA in the genesis ending cutscene. I explained in an earlier post that the giant ring in the ocean biomes sky is basically what the ship looks like and i feel like this promo poster confirms that to a certain degree. As for why or where the colony ship brought us, that is still unclear.

The second and third thing that we can see are space and a planet . So we know that the colony ship still is in space, but near a planet, so we could assume that we might get to travel from the colony ship to the planet, through the actual space inbetween.  Now for the planet itself.

I think it's an alien planet. This doesn't look like the earth, because even in it's corrupted state it still appeared pretty brownish. The planets general appearance is somewhat purple in general and in addition to that, we can also see purple and red lights on its dark side. My theory is, that we arrived at another planet overrun by element, or actually the elements source itself. I would say that the colony ship ended up here because of rockwell and his obsession with element. Since he hijacked parts of the simulation i can also imagine him being able to control parts of the ship and thus changing it's original destination.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My theory for Genesis Part 2 even before we knew many details about Genesis 1 was the homeworld theory. Also what I find interesting is the color of the saddle. The design looks like tek but the coloring doesn’t match anything even similar to tek we have seen before. The only colors we have seen associated with it so far have been Chrome, Black, Blue, Purple, and Green. Which is why I find this odd.

Also the red dots on the dark side of the planet. They seem to be just like the lights of cities on earth. They seem to be clustered in the Same way.

Edited by ImOnFyre
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ImOnFyre said:

Also what I find interesting is the color of the saddle. The design looks like tek but the coloring doesn’t match anything even similar to tek we have seen before. The only colors we have seen associated with it so far have been Chrome, Black, Blue, Purple, and Green. Which is why I find this odd.

I really wouldn't think too much about the colours because the poster is a reference to an old, iconic anime movie called akira, so they just made it red for that reason. I attached an image so you can see for yourself.

13 minutes ago, ImOnFyre said:

Also the red dots on the dark side of the planet. They seem to be just like the lights of cities on earth. They seem to be clustered in the Same way.

Yeah i also noticed that. It even appears that these clusters of dots are connected. If you zoom in, you can see some straight lines going from cluster to cluster

Akira.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 9:48 AM, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

What if we are going to an alien planet filled with Element that Rockwell has chosen to play host to his "New World".

I could see this DLC ending up as follows:

Genesis. Literally what Genesis is simulating (In planet forme), with connected biomes. Or perhaps an alien planet with Moons?

Another Dead Earth DLC. (Would love this!)

Something put of this world that we weren't at ALL expecting. (We won't know until we see, will we? :))

I belive the whole map may have a Rockwell tentical theme to is as it spreads, but all connected as it’s already overrun...

5 hours ago, Fes said:

Let's seperate the aspects of the image and go through them one by one.

The first point is this thing in the middle. At first glance, one might assume that it's a vehicle, but if we look closer we can see that it actually appears to be a creature wearing a tek saddle. I have seen people that already call it "space shark" so lets go with that for now. The space shark is probably a creature like the astrocetus, except it's based off a different maritime animal. Since most of it's body is covered up by the saddle, we can't see much beside some fins and it's underbelly and it's still up to speculation what this creature exactly is.

Now, as for the saddle, unlike most of the other tek saddles, it doesn't seem to have any kind of weaponry.  Instead it features thrusters at the back, so we can assume that the space shark is gonna be somewhat fast with its saddle. What's also interesting is the fact that the saddle has an actual cockpit. While some tek saddles feature something resembling one ( Desert Titan and Astrocetus for example ), this is the first time we get something that actually could function as one. To me it looks like this would close when the player gets into it, which would be really cool IMO.

Let's get to the rest of the image, starting with the player and his environment. We can clearly see him running towards the space shark on some kind of tek catwalk, while there are tentacles creeping up behind him. The tentacles probably belong to either rockwell himself or something corrupted by him.
There's not much to explain here, maybe the fact that the player is wearing the federation tek suit is interesting ( it doesn't have thrusters like the normal one) , but we already knew that from the genesis ending cutscene.

As for the background, we can see three things there:

The first is some kind of halo-esque structure beneath the player that we can also see arching upwards behind the space shark. If we zoom in on it, there appears to be a landscape on it, but also what i can describe best as some sort of metal structures, like the ones on extinction, although these seem to have a different form. My theory is that this is the colony ship mentioned by the HLNA in the genesis ending cutscene. I explained in an earlier post that the giant ring in the ocean biomes sky is basically what the ship looks like and i feel like this promo poster confirms that to a certain degree. As for why or where the colony ship brought us, that is still unclear.

The second and third thing that we can see are space and a planet . So we know that the colony ship still is in space, but near a planet, so we could assume that we might get to travel from the colony ship to the planet, through the actual space inbetween.  Now for the planet itself.

I think it's an alien planet. This doesn't look like the earth, because even in it's corrupted state it still appeared pretty brownish. The planets general appearance is somewhat purple in general and in addition to that, we can also see purple and red lights on its dark side. My theory is, that we arrived at another planet overrun by element, or actually the elements source itself. I would say that the colony ship ended up here because of rockwell and his obsession with element. Since he hijacked parts of the simulation i can also imagine him being able to control parts of the ship and thus changing it's original destination.

Space fish clearly, espicaly with that lip there and “Fishy” as stated by WC, I think we are assuming this is our space craft, or new ride, as it will be the only thing that can traverse to diffrent biomes maybe? As for the planets I would like to point out some things, first of there is 3(oh wait the one to the right might just be my imagination, the curve of the ship makes it look that way)(unless the one we are kind of on is the space shuttle thing which I belive so) one is to the right and blends in with the background... 

also maybe the source of element, and the residents just found it about when humans did? Also maybe we can expect the corrupted inhabites of this planet? Thad be intresting... 

5 hours ago, ImOnFyre said:

My theory for Genesis Part 2 even before we knew many details about Genesis 1 was the homeworld theory. Also what I find interesting is the color of the saddle. The design looks like tek but the coloring doesn’t match anything even similar to tek we have seen before. The only colors we have seen associated with it so far have been Chrome, Black, Blue, Purple, and Green. Which is why I find this odd.

Like said above, it’s based on another poster,  and I do belive your city theory is correct... 

Edited by Dinobros2000
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Fes said:

If you zoom in, you can see some straight lines going from cluster to cluster

Yeah I noticed that. There seems to be at least 2 lines between each city so I would say highways or trains. 

Also I made a version of the picture with brightness enhanced but there wasn’t that much I noticed with it. Other than that there are definitely tek structures that resemble the borders of the domes in extinction lining the rings. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Aliens or humans is the question, I’m thinking aliens

I actually disagree. I think the cities are human. And it’s for these reasons:

1. We have no clue how long they could have been there.

2. We have no clue how long it takes one of the ships to travel to that planet.

3. Why would Rockwell want to go to a civilization of aliens when he has no clue if he can use them for his needs?

4. If Rockwell didn’t reprogram the ships destination why would we go to a planet of potentially dangerous and hostile sentient life forms?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ImOnFyre said:

3. Why would Rockwell want to go to a civilization of aliens when he has no clue if he can use them for his needs?

4. If Rockwell didn’t reprogram the ships destination why would we go to a planet of potentially dangerous and hostile sentient life forms?

I think it’s aliens

as the theme seams to be tilting toward elements home world and such, I assume the Rockwell, will have control over these aliens as they are element infested, and judging by the fact I doubt WC would EVER add NPCs, and they have been doing more alien creatures in part one, and the teasers seam alien, plus, learning how an alien civilization got destroyed/corrupted, may be more interesting lore... lastly how do we know these aliens are hostile?

• Thanks 1

I hadn't noticed the thread got put back because it unsubscribed me, rip

11 hours ago, ImOnFyre said:

To destroy/corrupt them. Rockwell is power hungry and enjoys that kind of thing. That said, it's not somewhere he'd want to go while he was still putting together his army in the GenSim and had only just started corrupting the real-life humans on the ship.

11 hours ago, ImOnFyre said:

Two possible reasons:

1. The ship was sent to a planet that was deemed probably habitable while looking at it from Earth, and was sent there. No one on Earth was aware of the danger actually present on the destination planet.

2. This was a second colony ship and a ship came before them to that same planet. The ship we are on was following the first which was already set up on the planet. Aliens/corruption reached the first ship before we got there.

Basically, it could have easily looked safe years ago when the ships left Earth, but a lot can change during long term space travel.

All that said, I don't think it's aliens either. At least not normal uncorrupted, sapient aliens. I could get behind corrupted aliens. Whatever is there is obviously hostile due to corruption. If it is corrupted, I think it's safe to say that whatever is on the planet is not Rockwell, perhaps the origin point for the original Corruption or just something else entirely. Regardless, it'd likely be hostile to everything on the ship, including Rockwell. It might be a kind of juggle for us choosing to deal with either Rockwell on the colony ship or Natives on the planet (I'm giving this temporary name to whatever the hell we find currently living on the planet since no one really knows for sure what it is yet)

Also, please take a closer look at the A in the newest picture. Whatever that stuff is, it does not at all look like anything we've seen on Earth. Even if it is corrupted, it's clearly something entirely different from whatever we've dealt with before.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Also, please take a closer look at the A in the newest picture. Whatever that stuff is, it does not at all look like anything we've seen on Earth. Even if it is corrupted, it's clearly something entirely different from whatever we've dealt with before.

Yeah I noticed it was different but I didn’t really take the time to consider what it might be. This is kind of a wild guess but it is going off the homeworld theory.

Whatever it is still resembles the tentacles and spread of corruption to me. What if on elements homework element isn’t as hostile? What if it is per say a pure form of element. What if element become hostile when put in an environment it is not meant to be? What if humans instead of learning how to get rid of element learned how to purify it and use it? This would explain why in extinction it is element that “gets rid of” or in this version “purifies” the element?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ImOnFyre said:

Human cites have yellow lights They have red light  {also living under water?}<-might be a possibility 

And here’s a twist what if those light are our new volcanic biome 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Twitch/Othory said:

super théorie merci pour votre travail

Am I the only one that sees this as another language? 

13 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

I hadn't noticed the thread got put back because it unsubscribed me, rip

To destroy/corrupt them. Rockwell is power hungry and enjoys that kind of thing. That said, it's not somewhere he'd want to go while he was still putting together his army in the GenSim and had only just started corrupting the real-life humans on the ship.

Two possible reasons:

1. The ship was sent to a planet that was deemed probably habitable while looking at it from Earth, and was sent there. No one on Earth was aware of the danger actually present on the destination planet.

2. This was a second colony ship and a ship came before them to that same planet. The ship we are on was following the first which was already set up on the planet. Aliens/corruption reached the first ship before we got there.

Basically, it could have easily looked safe years ago when the ships left Earth, but a lot can change during long term space travel.

All that said, I don't think it's aliens either. At least not normal uncorrupted, sapient aliens. I could get behind corrupted aliens. Whatever is there is obviously hostile due to corruption. If it is corrupted, I think it's safe to say that whatever is on the planet is not Rockwell, perhaps the origin point for the original Corruption or just something else entirely. Regardless, it'd likely be hostile to everything on the ship, including Rockwell. It might be a kind of juggle for us choosing to deal with either Rockwell on the colony ship or Natives on the planet (I'm giving this temporary name to whatever the hell we find currently living on the planet since no one really knows for sure what it is yet)

I totally agree with the first part, also I think it may be corrupted aliens AND non-corrupted Versions of them, unless we are going with element home world, also I’m fairly sure the A in the pic is Rockwell corruption... if you looks at the tendril reading for the player there are at least SOME similarities 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Human cites have yellow lights They have red light  {also living under water?}<-might be a possibility

We already as humans have colored lighting a city of a different color isn’t impossible at all. So we shouldn’t rule out humans for the color.

Also there are no signs of water in the picture so though I wouldn’t entirely rule it out it is pretty unlikely.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ImOnFyre said:

Yeah I noticed it was different but I didn’t really take the time to consider what it might be. This is kind of a wild guess but it is going off the homeworld theory.

Whatever it is still resembles the tentacles and spread of corruption to me. What if on elements homework element isn’t as hostile? What if it is per say a pure form of element. What if element become hostile when put in an environment it is not meant to be? What if humans instead of learning how to get rid of element learned how to purify it and use it? This would explain why in extinction it is element that “gets rid of” or in this version “purifies” the element?

Interesting idea.

The element on this planet could be element in its natural form and coexists with the life on the planet. An amount of element could have then traveled to Earth by methods unknown which was then used by humans. The way we used it and everything else on Earth considered, it had to adapt into Corruption to ensure its safety.

At first I was thinking that the element would be acting too radically different from how it's acted in the past for this idea to hold, but looking at Rockwell reveals that element definitely does do more than just Corruption, so it's definitely possible.

9 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

I totally agree with the first part, also I think it may be corrupted aliens AND non-corrupted Versions of them, unless we are going with element home world, also I’m fairly sure the A in the pic is Rockwell corruption... if you looks at the tendril reading for the player there are at least SOME similarities 

I thought it over and actually agree a bit on the non-corrupted aliens possibility. Those straight lines connecting the different nodes of lights are too suspicious and heavily imply intelligent design was behind their creation. If we were in a colony ship, chances are that even if we are in a second colony ship, the first one didn't arrive long enough ago for people to build all that before we got there, which would mean aliens put it there before we had a chance to.

As for the tentacles, the ones chasing (following? He doesn't look like he's running but that might just be part of the reference so I won't read into it) the player on the catwalk definitely look like Rockwell's. 100%. 
But tentacles aside, all that strange stuff growing on the A logo are something unlike anything we've seen before. No corruption or element has looked like that in the past. It reminds me of the zerg

The reveal in november will be interesting for sure

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

The way we used it and everything else on Earth considered, it had to adapt into Corruption to ensure its safety.

Just as you said with it maybe acting too radically different, it adapted. We have to remember though element doesn't have a definite form it is a intelligent, thinking, feeling, and powerful thing. Just like humans it will adapt and do what it must to survive.

If we were in a colony ship, chances are that even if we are in a second colony ship, the first one didn't arrive long enough ago for people to build all that before we got there, which would mean aliens put it there before we had a chance to.

Also don't forget that we are working within a span of 10s thousands of years according to Helena.  Human civilization has taken 6,000 years to hit the point it has from 0. With pre existing technology and the resources and intelligence needed that development could happen FAR faster. Also if we say that there are 2 ships and they were sent a few hundred years apart(It may have taken them that long to build ships and plan their course on that scale.) It would leave enough time for Humans to build cities like that.

16 hours ago, ImOnFyre said:

We already as humans have colored lighting a city of a different color isn’t impossible at all. So we shouldn’t rule out humans for the color.

Also there are no signs of water in the picture so though I wouldn’t entirely rule it out it is pretty unlikely.

Yes, but however it is interesting that different groups have different light colors, maybe depending on natural fuel available, or different groups that separated(war-zones?) Or maybe diffrent breeds altogether with different tech.... also what really confuses me is the lack of water, judging by the original poster with that sea lion or whatever.... seamed like there would be a large amount of water involved...

Interesting idea.

The element on this planet could be element in its natural form and coexists with the life on the planet. An amount of element could have then traveled to Earth by methods unknown which was then used by humans. The way we used it and everything else on Earth considered, it had to adapt into Corruption to ensure its safety.

At first I was thinking that the element would be acting too radically different from how it's acted in the past for this idea to hold, but looking at Rockwell reveals that element definitely does do more than just Corruption, so it's definitely possible.

I thought it over and actually agree a bit on the non-corrupted aliens possibility. Those straight lines connecting the different nodes of lights are too suspicious and heavily imply intelligent design was behind their creation. If we were in a colony ship, chances are that even if we are in a second colony ship, the first one didn't arrive long enough ago for people to build all that before we got there, which would mean aliens put it there before we had a chance to.

As for the tentacles, the ones chasing (following? He doesn't look like he's running but that might just be part of the reference so I won't read into it) the player on the catwalk definitely look like Rockwell's. 100%. 
But tentacles aside, all that strange stuff growing on the A logo are something unlike anything we've seen before. No corruption or element has looked like that in the past. It reminds me of the zerg

The reveal in november will be interesting for sure

Hmmm pure element, maybe... maybe Rockwell intends to invade element and turn it against itself? Then to corrupt it all.... this would be intresting

as said later maybe the first ship arrived early, and I ment tenticals in A kinda seamed like Rockwell’s, also I think the ones “chasing”, may be Rockwell driving you of the ship? Maybe so you won't interfere with his plans elsewhere? Yes November will be fun..

4 hours ago, ImOnFyre said:

Just as you said with it maybe acting too radically different, it adapted. We have to remember though element doesn't have a definite form it is a intelligent, thinking, feeling, and powerful thing. Just like humans it will adapt and do what it must to survive.

Also don't forget that we are working within a span of 10s thousands of years according to Helena.  Human civilization has taken 6,000 years to hit the point it has from 0. With pre existing technology and the resources and intelligence needed that development could happen FAR faster. Also if we say that there are 2 ships and they were sent a few hundred years apart(It may have taken them that long to build ships and plan their course on that scale.) It would leave enough time for Humans to build cities like that.

Yes...

I think I agree with home world, or humans... though it may just be alien planet that was also affected, but I’m guessing it’s just not humans colonizing cuz why would Rockwell go there, instead of the element home-world, and the general theme of ark doesn't suggest colonization, it’s element. themed I’m leaning towards element home-world... but still maybe aliens

also what if this is still earth? Like just gone even more wrong and weird...

Edited by Dinobros2000
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

also what really confuses me is the lack of water, judging by the original poster with that sea lion or whatever.... seamed like there would be a large amount of water involved...

yeah that, as well as the bottom right corner of the first poster and the lower part of the A in this new poster all give me ocean kind of vibes, like coral or something in the deep ocean. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 9:47 PM, ImOnFyre said:

Check one of my previous posts on the past pages.

Aliens are already a thing in PixARK Skyward, and we know that wildcard loves to share its ideas to its spinoffs.

This is literally the same theory I had last year where I theorized the forthcoming of our first human "NPC".

Notice that at the top of the teaser there...

HOLY SH*T. I THINK I'M RIGHT!

There have been past theories made by me about going to the moon in ARK, and this is the "... nail in the proverbial coffin." for me.

At the top we can see a planet dotted with red and purple. The purple is most obviously element corruption. What planet do we see element corruption on? Well, Earth. And for the mass amounts of red?

Well then, you may ask, what about the land that WE the PLAYER are standing on? The moon. The shattered moon, similar to the one we had experienced in the Genesis Simulation. I hardly find it to be a coincidence that shattered moons orbiting an obscured planet (Obscured for obvious reasons) keep popping up. A destroyed moon back on Extinction, a destroyed moon in the Genesis Simulation, and another floating, shattered space-rock bit shown in a teaser for Genesis Part 2. 

But wait... Something is off here. What we see in the teaser is... A race track? What? It looks exactly like the terrain on the moon, but it extends into the sky?

• Confused 1

Wait, wait wait... Those racing missions from Genesis can't be just for nothing... What if, sometime during the events of Genesis Part 2 we are being chased by Rockwell or one of his "Infected", and we have to race on this "Lunameg" (Name by me) away from the tentacles? Maybe the moon has been turned into some giant-scale playground for some reason, maybe by the humans?

I again, find it hard to brush this off as a coincidence:

One of the most RECURRING themes in the last 2 STORY ORIENTED DLC (Extinction and Genesis) is COMPLETELY unsolved! (Why are all these moons destroyed??)

Let's take out the "Apocalyptic" scene from Ab's ending. Now we have this: Our survivor journeying through the wasteland of the planet, eventually beating the Mecha King Titan and being greeted by the ending cutscene of Extinction. We then wake up in the Genesis Simulation being guided by the fading, yet still tangible Helena Walker as she creates a Holographic AI companion to aid our survival. We then pass the simulation and get abducted by a tentacle. (Weirdest sentence I've ever had to type in my life)

(We dunno what happens afterwards, so just imagine the rest of the cutscene playing out. What happens? Tell us!)

(Events of Genesis Part 2?)

We then wake up on a "new" Earth- an unimaginable hell of magma and... volcanic activity.

(Events of Genesis Part 2? Kinda hard to fit into a timeline so that's why there are 2 places that say this.)

• Haha 1

MAYBE, all of the mini biomes we see in Genesis will become separate DLC.

Bog: ???

Arctic: Arat Prime perhaps??? Dunno if Arat Prime is on Earth at this point lmao. Oh wait, it is. On the other side of the planet from Extinction. Maybe that means snow?

Ocean: Gen Part 2?

Moon: Gen Part 2.

Volcanic: Apocalyptic cutscene from Ab's ending. Hell on Earth.

Maybe a few of these will be combined into the same, who knows? Would make sense to me.

• Like 1