I honestly did not understand the ending cinematic of Genesis. Like, they are apparently on a ship in deep space head for a "colony." What?  

And then rockwell tentacles pop out of the walls like they are made of clown cars.  It didn't make sense.  Is this metaphorical or did Rockwell presto magico appear in the real world on a ship in space by popping out of the closet. Do they live in the Left 4 Dead universe where stuff just appears out of thin air?  

And why are we suddenly in a simulation on a ship?  Genesis is sad to not follow from Extinction, but Rockwell sure acts like he knows us from Aberration.  Why did we go from Aberration to the simulation? 

It got real confusing fast. 

Edited by Zeldei
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 3:35 AM, LEDminer said:

The element is getting to you.

😈

On 9/19/2020 at 3:35 AM, LEDminer said:

But speaking of your dream, I also have had many experiences where I have a dream with something, then the next day this something appears in real life. I'd say it's mostly just coincidence, or at least I want to believe so...

The last part of your Gen2 dream really got me thinking on something. Since the artifact was used to ascend, what if Rockwell uses it ascend as well? If it turned humans into homo deus, what would it do to Rockwell, who is more monster than man?

Yeah, coincidence probably.

But Helena-Deus seems to think that the path of ascension to the Dues-World/Reality has 100% been closed behind her. Which is still odd to me considering the fact that there is deliberately a Homo Deus skin given to us after "Beating" the game.

Edited by ArkTheoryApprentice

On 9/21/2020 at 1:43 AM, Zeldei said:

I honestly did not understand the ending cinematic of Genesis. Like, they are apparently on a ship in deep space head for a "colony." What?  

And then rockwell tentacles pop out of the walls like they are made of clown cars.  It didn't make sense.  Is this metaphorical or did Rockwell presto magico appear in the real world on a ship in space by popping out of the closet. Do they live in the Left 4 Dead universe where stuff just appears out of thin air?  

And why are we suddenly in a simulation on a ship?  Genesis is sad to not follow from Extinction, but Rockwell sure acts like he knows us from Aberration.  Why did we go from Aberration to the simulation? 

It got real confusing fast. 

Well, we were "Trapped" in the simulation, and when we escaped we awoke in the "Colony ship". We still have no idea where it's going.

A Rockwell tentacle appears out of the room we were in prior to equipping the official-looking Tek Suit. We theorize that this could either be us giving Rockwell a teleportation "opportunity" by exiting the simulation, OR perhaps it could have been the survivor that got corrupted. This would make sense, as Rockwell is building an army (Most likely in AND out of the sim- but we dunno about outside of the sim)

And you've made a mistake, us theorists are at LEAST 97% sure that this happens after Extinction. (Via reading previous notes and new notes.) Also, Mei Yin was on Earth in Extinction, and the credits claim that she will return in Part Two. Pluss the fact that HLNA is literally a fragment of Helena (As a Homo Deus).

In conclusion, we still dunno what's with the Colony Ship, we only have 1 or 2 ideas of who the tentacle belongs to and this is definitely after Extinction it's not a matter of IF, but a matter of HOW far into the future from Extinction Genesis is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/24/2020 at 12:59 PM, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Well, we were "Trapped" in the simulation, and when we escaped we awoke in the "Colony ship". We still have no idea where it's going.

A Rockwell tentacle appears out of the room we were in prior to equipping the official-looking Tek Suit. We theorize that this could either be us giving Rockwell a teleportation "opportunity" by exiting the simulation, OR perhaps it could have been the survivor that got corrupted. This would make sense, as Rockwell is building an army (Most likely in AND out of the sim- but we dunno about outside of the sim)

And you've made a mistake, us theorists are at LEAST 97% sure that this happens after Extinction. (Via reading previous notes and new notes.) Also, Mei Yin was on Earth in Extinction, and the credits claim that she will return in Part Two. Pluss the fact that HLNA is literally a fragment of Helena (As a Homo Deus).

In conclusion, we still dunno what's with the Colony Ship, we only have 1 or 2 ideas of who the tentacle belongs to and this is definitely after Extinction it's not a matter of IF, but a matter of HOW far into the future from Extinction Genesis is.

I thought originally that it took place after it too, but the devs in an interview came out and said it doesn't really follow from the last DLC. So, that threw me for a loop chronologically. But given Rockwell clearly seems to have a vendetta against us, I thought logically it had to at least be post Aberration. 

Given their statements that it didn't follow chronologically, I had originally assumed the simulation on the "colony ship" was some alternative escape means for humanity. One being the arks and the other the simulation on a colony ship to another world. But they seem intentionally vague.  The "alternative survival mechanism" doesn't seem to make sense if you are the same survivor, as  you were on the arks. 

This is so bizarre.  To me, everything made logical sense up to Genesis. Then it got weird.  I hope Gen part 2 clears stuff up.  It could always be the case that the devs in the interview mispoke about the chronology of Genesis. Or were misleading to obscure Gen 2 or something. IDK. 

Edited by Zeldei
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zeldei said:

I thought originally that it took place after it too, but the devs in an interview came out and said it doesn't really follow from the last DLC. So, that threw me for a loop chronologically. But given Rockwell clearly seems to have a vendetta against us, I thought logically it had to at least be post Aberration. 

Given their statements that it didn't follow chronologically, I had originally assumed the simulation on the "colony ship" was some alternative escape means for humanity. One being the arks and the other the simulation on a colony ship to another world. But they seem intentionally vague.  The "alternative survival mechanism" doesn't seem to make sense if you are the same survivor, as  you were on the arks. 

This is so bizarre.  To me, everything made logical sense up to Genesis. Then it got weird.  I hope Gen part 2 clears stuff up.  It could always be the case that the devs in the interview mispoke about the chronology of Genesis. Or were misleading to obscure Gen 2 or something. IDK. 

As far as I know, they never said that Gen took place after Extinction anywhere, except perhaps this one misspeak. I think it is fairly obvious in the glitches that it takes place after, but a bit weird that HLN-A never mentions a) how we got here or b) the fact that we saved the world (temporarily).

On 9/25/2020 at 10:26 PM, Zeldei said:

To me, I think that they said that to throw us off.

Maybe it's not RIGHT after extinction, like how EX is after AB is after SE is after TH. (Without rest)

Some time likely passed in the story. What exactly happened in that time? We dunno. Heck, we could be wrong and this COULD be after EX.

On 9/25/2020 at 10:44 PM, DodoRaptor said:

we got here or b) the fact that we saved the world (temporarily).

In the first story glitch, she points out how she has no clue how in the world we got into the sim- but we should be proud, as it sorts out the best of the best survivors.

I do find B interesting tho... You have a point

Smol smol information here.

Rewatching the matrix lately has gotten my gears turning. There are a LOT of links between the two franchises in my opinion, and while they don't exist in the same universe, I feel like if you have the movie you should go back to the first matrix and watch it. There are some pretty interesting ideas in there, from simulations, to post-apoc earth and even humans being used as a source of energy. Heck, the line- "Welcome to the real world." is shared between the 2, plain as day. And the cryo-pod things that we escape at the end of Gen Part one? Something reminiscent of those even show up in the matrix-wires connected to us and all. 

Coincidence, I THINK NOT Blank Template - Imgflip

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

I’m wondering if Rockwell isn’t the only monster that element made. Could there be another!?

Rockwell wasn't made by the element though. He went mad over it, injected it into his body and became what we fight on aberration.

The titans on the other hand were made by the element, they were kind of born out of it and are connected to it, so i guess that answers the original question ?

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, LEDminer said:

Well technically Rockwell was "made" by the element. Before his injection he was a normal survivor, albeit a little crazy, but then he turned into the monster he is.

I guess i misunderstood what was meant by "made" then.

8 hours ago, LEDminer said:

I think @Bigchingus7890 was wondering if any other beings had also been transformed into similar monsters when they said made. It'd be interesting if there were a separate group of "deus" who are deformed monsters as a counterpart to the homo deus.

Yeah, it would be pretty interesting to see another corrupted person that isn't completely part of the elements hive mind

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LEDminer said:

I think @Bigchingus7890 was wondering if any other beings had also been transformed into similar monsters when they said made. It'd be interesting if there were a separate group of "deus" who are deformed monsters as a counterpart to the homo deus.

Yea pretty much. And also are they going to be in genesis part 2

13 hours ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

Maybe Rockwell decides to find the other Rockwells (or make more) to build a corrupt army. 

He kind of has an Army already ?

On Aberration he's able to control the reapers and nameless, due to their strong ties to the element. Idk if that counts, since they aren't exactly corrupted but still.

But the specific case you mentioned maybe already happened, namely inside the genesis simulation.

The corrupt master controller has the corrupted Avatars and dinos to his disposal, which fits the bill of a corrupt army.

The only thing we don't know if he is just a digital copy of rockwell or the actual rockwell being connected to the simulation.

Aliens. I can go in-depth with this one later, but it would make sense. We already know that the games PixARK, Atlas and ARK Survival Evolved share ideas with eachother. (Fun fact: Cryopods were originally and roughly a PixARK concept if I am correct) Last year I correctly theorized that we would be seeing enemy-NPC survivors for the first time in ARK. This theory was based off of the fact that we get a Corrupted Avatar skin from unveiling discoveries with Mini HLN-A AND the fact that in both Atlas and Pixark there are other NPC "Survivor" enemies. (Damned and Zombies)

In PixARK, there is a free DLC: Skyward. In this DLC "Colbaltians" (Aliens) with access to Tek-Tier items wreak havoc upon the world of PixARK, transforming the world and killing any Survivors in their way.

Let's say that we REALLY are in fact on a Colony Ship going to a new, alien planet. Perhaps we can find the origins of Tek there- or atleast the origins of Element.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What if we are going to an alien planet filled with Element that Rockwell has chosen to play host to his "New World".

I could see this DLC ending up as follows:

Genesis. Literally what Genesis is simulating (In planet forme), with connected biomes. Or perhaps an alien planet with Moons?

Another Dead Earth DLC. (Would love this!)

Something put of this world that we weren't at ALL expecting. (We won't know until we see, will we? :))

• Like 1