Here's a question I had for a really long time now:
Were the ARKs launched and THEN built once in orbit, or were they built on Earth and then sent in space ?
The first one makes more sense, but I have doubts because of the tek transmissions in the Sanctuary...
They were built on earth. U can see the hole one ARK left behind on south side of ext map when it was launched.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Castlerock said:
3 hours ago, Lucraft said:
Were the ARKs launched and THEN built once in orbit, or were they built on Earth and then sent in space ?
The first one makes more sense, but I have doubts because of the tek transmissions in the Sanctuary...

They were built on earth. U can see the hole one ARK left behind on south side of ext map when it was launched.

Yes, I know for the hole, my question is: were the pieces of land modified on Earth or in orbit ?

Of course they come from Earth, but the pillars, obelisks, atmosphere ect... It'd be easier to add them once the big chunk of soil is in orbit.

Spoiler

I have a couple of things to add having spent the last 2 months playing and having defeated the gamma boss.

1) Rockwell is the Master AI (or taking control of it) he refers to knowing Helena in the fight.

2) The tentacle that grabs the player is clearly growing or coming from the simulation machine that powers down. So I am not sure how or why that can happen but that is where it comes from.

3) The arrival is either colonists coming back to Earth or going to another planet.

4) The survivor we are playing as is not the same from the Arks. We were aboard the Colony ship.

5) Rockwell wants subservient "humans for the world he will create"

6) We get new tek armor for Gen part 2. Its not only on the home screen of the website but also in the end scene.

Some of these are not new but having read the last 2 pages i wanted to post these to be discussed.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Castlerock said:
17 hours ago, Lucraft said:

The island, to be specific. It lands right down into the hole at the ending!

2 hours ago, Leebum said:
  Hide contents

ARK: Genesis Part 1 - Launch Trailer - YouTube

Don't think that's the same armor that we get in the ending. The end armor is patented by the feddies and looks very complete, official and has an overall feeling of protection.

THAT suit has some of the components used to perform abilities not visible, or completely gone- leading me to believe that the armor that we see is just regular tek, because we aren't able to perform certain tek actions withing the sim. Maybe to stop the spread of element, as it puts a miniscule bit into the air every time a tek thing is used? That doesn't make sense... the whole sim runs on tek and element! Which confuses me, why did the humans try to stop the corruption by USING THE VERY STUFF THAT CREATED IT? The platform that the reseed protocol is activated on? Tek. The guardians of the ARKs are guarding what? Element. What is the overseer of every ARK besides AB made of? Element and TEK!!! It makes no sense! I'd like to think that the ARKs are made of tek too. The overseer chamber is, the pillars look like tek, and H**l, the only forcefields and barriers we've come to know in ARK are made of mother frickin' honest to goodness TEK!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Don't think that's the same armor that we get in the ending. The end armor is patented by the feddies and looks very complete, official and has an overall feeling of protection.

THAT suit has some of the components used to perform abilities not visible, or completely gone- leading me to believe that the armor that we see is just regular tek, because we aren't able to perform certain tek actions withing the sim. Maybe to stop the spread of element, as it puts a miniscule bit into the air every time a tek thing is used? That doesn't make sense... the whole sim runs on tek and element! Which confuses me, why did the humans try to stop the corruption by USING THE VERY STUFF THAT CREATED IT? The platform that the reseed protocol is activated on? Tek. The guardians of the ARKs are guarding what? Element. What is the overseer of every ARK besides AB made of? Element and TEK!!! It makes no sense! I'd like to think that the ARKs are made of tek too. The overseer chamber is, the pillars look like tek, and H**l, the only forcefields and barriers we've come to know in ARK are made of mother frickin' honest to goodness TEK!!!

It is the same armor. its even the same color. 

Why would they put it in the art work and not in the end credit?

I 100% think it is the same

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 12:44 PM, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

On 5/8/2020 at 9:43 AM, Shaymcg said:

Can someone help I bought ark:extinction as a standalone but it wont download 

You need the base game too. It might be on sale, I forgot.

The base game is not sadly, however the base game plus the 3 URE DLCs are on sale for less than the actual game costs!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

>Just """beat""" Rockwell in the big fun Genesis Simulation.|
>"Oh boy time to finally see what makes this cutscene so strange!"
>...
>"Huh"

Spoiler

My first thoughts on this are:

I recognize that tri-hexagon symbol on the tek helmet -- The Terran Federation is in space and has a colony ship. The Genesis Simulation, as I earlier guessed, was created by the Feddies. Arat Prime connected to the Simulation which was connected to the colony ship. Also, the new, different tek suit is the Federation's tek suit as well.

Further, as we all previously expected, the corruption spread through the Simulation to the real world at the colony ship...

Even further, that corruption spread like hell. You could actually see the survivor in the pod go from normal to corrupted in just a handful of seconds.

Interestingly, HLN-A is there in the real world, probably just a holographic projection from the ship I suppose. She seems to have came out with us though, since she didn't know the state of the ship yet, which I think is strange.

We become doomguy when we put on that suit.

Tentacle?????????????????

My first guess:

Rockwell won.
Yes, we 'beat' him in the battle at the end of the Simulation. On the other hand, though, we just created a link to the real world at the colony ship when we left the simulation. Rockwell seems to have followed us right through with his corruption. And he seems to have found us again and been able to attack us just one minute after we left our pod... Rockwell wanted someone to eventually 'beat' him so that the 'victor' could open the path to the colony ship so he could follow through. He also now has an army that he collected from the Simulation that have been trained in terribly harsh conditions and are just waiting to be corrupted in their pods in real life and released.
We played right into his hand by 'winning' at the end. Not that there was any other option for us to take... But still. It's like a dual victory, except the next fight starts with us grabbed by a giant tentacle and getting pulled around like a dog holding a chew toy while HLN-A watches angrily and we have no weapons except for our new armor (which may or may not be capable of mass destruction) and our enemy has giant tentacles and probably an entire colony ship.
I think it's safe to say that Rockwell has the better end of the deal here.

So I guess that Genesis 2 will be on the colony ship. Colony ships are supposed to be pretty big, right? I'm sure they can make a map out of it. Some artificial environments, some giant control rooms, some masses of overgrown masses of corruption, and some dodos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

>Just """beat""" Rockwell in the big fun Genesis Simulation.|
>"Oh boy time to finally see what makes this cutscene so strange!"
>...
>"Huh"

Reveal hidden contents

My first thoughts on this are:

I recognize that tri-hexagon symbol on the tek helmet -- The Terran Federation is in space and has a colony ship. The Genesis Simulation, as I earlier guessed, was created by the Feddies. Arat Prime connected to the Simulation which was connected to the colony ship. Also, the new, different tek suit is the Federation's tek suit as well.

Further, as we all previously expected, the corruption spread through the Simulation to the real world at the colony ship...

Even further, that corruption spread like hell. You could actually see the survivor in the pod go from normal to corrupted in just a handful of seconds.

Interestingly, HLN-A is there in the real world, probably just a holographic projection from the ship I suppose. She seems to have came out with us though, since she didn't know the state of the ship yet, which I think is strange.

We become doomguy when we put on that suit.

Tentacle?????????????????

My first guess:

Rockwell won.
Yes, we 'beat' him in the battle at the end of the Simulation. On the other hand, though, we just created a link to the real world at the colony ship when we left the simulation. Rockwell seems to have followed us right through with his corruption. And he seems to have found us again and been able to attack us just one minute after we left our pod... Rockwell wanted someone to eventually 'beat' him so that the 'victor' could open the path to the colony ship so he could follow through. He also now has an army that he collected from the Simulation that have been trained in terribly harsh conditions and are just waiting to be corrupted in their pods in real life and released.
We played right into his hand by 'winning' at the end. Not that there was any other option for us to take... But still. It's like a dual victory, except the next fight starts with us grabbed by a giant tentacle and getting pulled around like a dog holding a chew toy while HLN-A watches angrily and we have no weapons except for our new armor (which may or may not be capable of mass destruction) and our enemy has giant tentacles and probably an entire colony ship.
I think it's safe to say that Rockwell has the better end of the deal here.

So I guess that Genesis 2 will be on the colony ship. Colony ships are supposed to be pretty big, right? I'm sure they can make a map out of it. Some artificial environments, some giant control rooms, some masses of overgrown masses of corruption, and some dodos.

OOOOOOOOOh ya got my ARK fingers twitchin'!

Might go back to playing!

But of course that means I'll start over. :/

On 5/27/2020 at 9:10 PM, snallygaster said:

for all those wondering the space station looks kinda like a giant donut, i couldn't find a picture but you can find in the night sky in the ocean biome

21 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

That's just speculation at this point- but It may be likely. MMM... Tek Donut with Element Frosting

I haven't thought about that... I doubt that the thing we see in the sky of the ocean biome is nothing, so I can see that it could be the colony ship.
Do you have any reasons other than it being a giant flying thing in the sky? Not that that's a bad reason considering it's the only flying thing in the sky, but it's not exactly conclusive either.
Although... It's only visible in the ocean biome. If it's the colony ship and they wanted to represent it in the simulation, why not put it on every sky? Why only the ocean biome specifically? Maybe an ocean planet is its destination?

I always figured that that ship over the ocean biome that we're talking about was a visual representation of the Master AI of the biome (Moeder) which is why the other biomes didn't have it.

Unrelated, but I think it's important. There was some talk earlier about whether the colony ship was heading away from (colonization) or towards (repopulation) Earth. I think it's heading away from Earth. The reasons why are that there were already Arks for repopulation. If the Arks failed at repopulation, it may be a safer bet to try to colonize somewhere else until a better method of removing corruption (or whatever causes the Arks to fail) is found that can save Earth, since the Arks were the best method of saving Earth at the time, as that was literally their purpose. The colony ship was therefore most likely not working as a long-distance Ark, but had an entirely different planet (or moon, or whatever celestial body they had in mind.) Or maybe it was never supposed to land and instead function as a safe research base of sorts.
So much for safe though.

And while we're on the topic... The unconfirmed launch at Arat Prime... Seems to be just that. Merely unconfirmed. Because no one stayed behind to confirm it to the Sanctuary, and there was no one in the Sanctuary that would be able to see the confirmation. I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that the colony ship is the launch being talked about in reference to Arat Prime, seeing as the only way to access the GenSim, which everyone on the colony ship was in, is at Arat Prime. Not to mention, due to the lockdown at AP, it might not have been possible to confirm a launch to the outside world.
In other words... False alarm. Everything's fine at Arat Prime. More or less.

• Like 2

Wouldn't it be funny if Helena decided the best way to combat Rockwell was to become like him (have an element-made physical form while still being homo deus and connected to the Systems) and caused herself to gain a form similar to Rockwell with every intent of using it to combat Rockwell's corruption with her own form of corruption that she planned on using to help people.

Spoiler

And then she loses her mind to the element and becomes just like Rockwell, except also Rockwell's enemy, creating two warring corrupted factions, neither of which are really on our side.

Not saying it's what happened, I just had the thought

2 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Wouldn't it be funny if Helena decided the best way to combat Rockwell was to become like him (have an element-made physical form while still being homo deus and connected to the Systems) and caused herself to gain a form similar to Rockwell with every intent of using it to combat Rockwell's corruption with her own form of corruption that she planned on using to help people.

Hide contents

And then she loses her mind to the element and becomes just like Rockwell, except also Rockwell's enemy, creating two warring corrupted factions, neither of which are really on our side.

Not saying it's what happened, I just had the thought

Eh, the element is a hive mind with one instinct- Spread like a weed. Helena would be part of that hive mind, and would instantly turn against us and become a major douche-canoe.

On 5/29/2020 at 9:53 AM, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Eh, the element is a hive mind with one instinct- Spread like a weed. Helena would be part of that hive mind, and would instantly turn against us and become a major douche-canoe.

I dunno about that. When Rockwell got changed, he did it in a way that he remained himself. He didn't corrupt the people around him, he killed them. He didn't really spread corruption at all, in fact. He just used his new power. He's clearly not part of the hivemind of Corruption. He went insane (may or may not have been directly caused by element) but he's still himself. You could call him the 'mind' of a hivemind. If he could do it, why couldn't Helena?

Well, whatever happened, I'm curious as to what exactly Helena did to be unfindable by Rockwell and HLN-A. Did she just force herself offline for a moment so we could deal with the whole Rockwell situation? Did she create a giant robot body for her to lock herself inside and control to be unreachable by Rockwell? Maybe she separated herself from the System and into some kind of device that Mei and Diana can carry around

• Like 1

MIni theory:

Lunar biome: Element origin

Proof: Alien dinos, Reapers (literally called xenomorphs in the game files) and seekers. Dunno about the whales

The moon that is shattered is leaking blue everywhere. Blue can be associated with tek tools, element dust, etc. Heck, there is even element gas and element vents all over the shattered moon, meaning that element definitely IS here.

About the tek dinos: This is a simulation and not everything has to be 100% accurate. These tek dinos must be here to show the link between tek and this planet, which has a heavy element presence.

And if this planet is really shattered, one or two of these moon rocks with element could've crashed down to earth, spreading itself to civilization.

Also, ARKS are meant to preserve life and spread it back to earth, and on AB Reapers and seekers are definitely present. This doesn't necessarily mean that they needed to ORIGINATE on Earth.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fun fact - so like, a month ago or something I was bored and randomly decided to do some number crunching to see if I could figure out a more...realistic release date for GP2, since I think at this point it should be a rule of thumb that what WC initially says will be the release date for something, and what actually ends up being the release date for that thing are completely different. Using the amount of time between the previous expansions' release dates as a model, I was able to deduce that there is an average gap of roughly 432.25 days (or 14 months) between expansion releases (as of right now; GP2's release might slightly change this). Applying that to GP1's release date, I deduced that GP2's final release date would probably be sometime around...late April or early May, 2021. I know that's not exactly what WC is saying the release date will be in the above post, but it's still in that general spring 2021 time frame, and not "winter 2020" like they were saying when I deduced this. And even if it isn't 100% accurate now, it could be in the future, given that the release dates for these sorts of things typically change more than once when it comes to WC. GP1, for example, had an original release date of December 2019, before it was changed to January 25th 2020 at the last second, which in turn was then changed to February 25th at the last second. And don't even get me started on Refundlas and it's release date fiasco...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVY9t_VJzJ4#t=11s

So yeah, I think I figured out what GP2's final release date would be a month before WC did...and then completely forgot I even did it until now lol. I also did pretty much the exact same thing with the announcement trailers for the expansions, and came up with late December 2020 for when GP2's announcement trailer would come out. We'll have to wait and see if that part comes true as well though...?

In other news, I brightened and enhanced that GP2 poster. I would have liked to have gone with the full resolution version, but for whatever reason my computer wouldn't let me save the changes I made to it, so I had to go with the normal version. Anyways, here it is:

Original: ARK_Gen_02_Poster.jpg

Brightened/Enhanced: ARK_Gen_02_Poster_Enhanced.jpg

There's a lot to dissect with this poster - on the bottom right you can see what I believe might be undersea fauna (implying GP2 might feature another ocean biome), on the top right you can see HLN-A, implying she might make a return in GP2, on the bottom you have some Rockwell tentacles (implying he'll make a return in GP2), and in the background you can see outer space (implying that GP2 will also feature another space biome).

Then of course you have what I believe to be a giant dragon in the center, based off of the frill you can see in the enhanced image. What I find funny about this is that I don't believe this is supposed to be any random dragon. I think this might be a bit of a stretch, but judging by the big, protruding canine teeth and, most importantly, the two stubby horn-like appendages on the top of it's head, that this particular dragon is vaguely inspired by the ones seen in ancient Chinese mythology (other cultures have used sort-of-similar designs, but the one with the two stubby horns and big canines was predominantly used by the ancient Chinese). 

Dragon_on_a_wall_in_Haikou_-_01.jpg

And yes, I know that the ancient Chinese usually portrayed dragons with long mustaches and stuff, but that leads me to another point I want to make about this dragon - the big eyelashes it has seem to imply that this is a female dragon...or, whatever this thing actually is. I could be totally wrong about it being a dragon, for all I know.

Anyways, that's all I have for today.

Edited by ArkTheorist123
Issue with displaying some attached images/minor spelling changes.
  • Like 3

Lemme say my theories, as if I actually saw all the cutscenes, and didn't just look at every spoiler. I'm assuming this is another planet, based on the colony ship at the end of part one, and the starry background. I don't think there will actually be all new creatures, since that would be basically impossible, making a whole new roster in a few months. So how do the old ones get there? What if the colony ship was returning to earth FROM the other planet, since that's where most of humanity could have gone when element originally took over, in the pre-Rockwell era? Then again, how would Rockwell have gotten there? Rockwell's physical appearance hasn't changed much, based on the tentacles, while his virtual appearance was totally new. And why did our survivor from the arks end up there? Who's driving it? Autopilot? Wow, I'm more questions then theories.

The dragon thing looks vaguely like a managarmr, mostly due to the dog-like face. Maybe it's related to the other Draconis species, but very mutated from element. People always say that managarmrs are "really mamals" but some reptiles like anaconda gestate, and many extinct reptomamals had fur. I think Helena could have been right. Speaking of which, anyone know what explorer notes will look like? This is the real world, so no glitches, but Helena disappeared, and being a Homo deus, probably has better plans. We'll probably meet Mei-Yin and Diana physically, so finding their notes seems a bit odd. Maybe other new survivors? To include ocean in the poster, but no other biomes implies it will have more of an influence than on Genesis Part One, where it was one of five places. I don't know...

• Like 3