8 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Jagged is a good word to describe it, yea. The lunatek doesn't have the jagged look at all.

Naturally, if there's a place that has lunatek that we can access with normal tek...

I just had an idea about the nature of the Genesis Simulation, but it might take longer to type out than I want to spend for now, so I'll say something later.

Anyway, we can assume that if we have tek, and we go somewhere with lunatek, there'll be both tek and lunatek there, so there being new stuff for both kinds doesn't surprise me much.

And I agree that it's strange to see a non-grey non-energy color on tek like that. I can't think of any other item so far that has that by default actually.

2. I'm fairly certain it's a planetary ring. It curves perfectly around the planet, and I think we saw a ring earlier too.

Intruiging, but who's to say that Lunatek isn't regular Tek?

Also a friend snuck up behind me a while ago, and described the Tek as "alien", and the structure looked like some sort of windmill used to keep the Lunar biome floating.

4 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

My friend also said that the Moeder looks robotic. Dunno how true these things are though, just speculation.

I can kinda understand why, but I disagree. Those bunches of tendril things near the back end specifically really make me think organic.

Intruiging, but who's to say that Lunatek isn't regular Tek?

Also a friend snuck up behind me a while ago, and described the Tek as "alien", and the structure looked like some sort of windmill used to keep the Lunar biome floating.

Lunatek is the name I've given to the moon (or space) tek in general. Whatever tek stuff the Federation (or whoever was in space) created that the URE never managed to get after the war. So, by default, it's different than the tek we've seen so far.
While we're talking about names, to keep things simple make communication clearer, I propose this:
Lunatek = What I just explained
Tek = The type of tek we've seen so far
Eletek = Any technologies based on tek, including both Tek and Lunatek

As for the windmill idea... I don't know about keeping it afloat. Gravity should be able to do that on its own, although perhaps devices to help keep the remnants of the moon close together.
Since we know that there's element in the air though, it's possible that that might actually be gathering the element from the air either to power something or to be collected later.

Edited by TinyHippo
  • Like 4

Now then... As for the nature of the Genesis Simulation.

For purposes of what I'm about to say, assume my theory about the history is correct in that the Federation was forced off/left Earth and went to space.

The URE stayed on Earth and used Tek. We know this because the obelisks have the jagged look to it, and the obelisks and were used to create the arks which were made after the war. The Federation developed Lunatek separate the URE's Tek, although the Federation was able to steal lots of Tek from the URE, as Santiago was noted to have managed to hack into a URE system and reverse engineer a Tek suit. There's no evidence about the URE having any similar ability to get Lunatek from the Federation, which is why there's a lot of Lunatek that we have no access to on Earth of in the Arks. There's no reason to assume that either side won a traditional victory. The moon blew up, but the Federation could've been on countless other places as well. And we know that the war on Earth was bad enough to create the Corruption that we had to destroy, so both sides were suffering from some extreme loses. It's possible they both decided that the war was too much and both backed out and decided on a treaty.
Since there's a split in Eletek, we can assume that it could easily develop to the point where Tek and Lunatek systems can no longer properly connect to eachother because they've became to different. Sharing information between Tek and Lunatek would then require a middleman in the physical world that could understand the working of both Tek and Lunatek.
Therefore, any Homo Deus that exists in the world of Tek, would be unable to go to the world of Lunatek; at least, not without something to serve as a connector.

This explains why Helena can't exist in our world or the GenSim for long - The Genesis Simulation is Lunatek and Helena is Tek.

This further means that Arat Prime which we know is connected to the Genesis Simulation, must therefore also be Lunatek.
Helena was able to access the GenSim for a short amount of time through Arat Prime, which would mean that Arat Prime is the connector between Tek and Lunatek, capable of reading both systems, but for some reason or another, maintaining a connection between Tek and Lunatek for a prolonged period of time, causing Helena to be unable to stay in the GenSim for long.
Further, this would mean that HLN-A is both Lunatek and Tek (which I will from now on refer to as Luna-Tek,) being able to both exist in the GenSim and able to read the Tek database to recover the answers to all the questions Helena asked so long ago in the genetic strand message.

Now, why does Arat Prime exist then? Wherever it is, it has Luna-Tek equipment since it's able to imperfectly connect Tek and Lunatek. The URE was busy trying to fight off the Corruption, and could not reasonably decipher Lunatek that they had no access to now that the war is over, so there is no way that Arat Prime was created by the URE alone. The Federation on the other, hand, had Santiago who was able to decipher the Tek systems at some time in the past, although it's entirely possible and likely that at this point no one could decipher the other side's Eletek systems. Either way, the URE has no chance of creating Arat Prime without help, therefore the Federation must've decided to help the URE after seeing the Corruption. If the Federation is offering to help the URE, there's no reason to believe they didn't cooperate, and we can assume that they did since magmasaurs were tested on Scorched Earth before going into the Genesis Simulation.

The best conclusion that can be drawn here is that the Federation, upon seeing what happened to Earth and having a common enemy, the Corruption, with the URE, decided to help the URE and create the Genesis Simulation, which could be accessed via Arat Prime, a location on Earth constructed by both sides with the purpose of getting the remaining citizens of Earth into the Genesis Simulation, and is capable of, to a moderate extent, connecting Tek and Lunatek systems
Further supporting this idea, the GenSim is supposed to be a method of escape.

Arat Prime going on lockdown means that anyone still on Earth is abandoned. HLN-A tells us that there are 0 humans still on Earth (meaning Diana and Mei must've left to the GenSim or off-planet as well,) so everyone had either reached Arat Prime or was about to die by this point.
'Launch unconfirmed' now becomes much more problematic than originally assumed. If Arat Prime wasn't properly able to get people off-planet or into the Genesis Simulation (unable to launch,) then that means that everyone on Earth died. The entire URE. Every single person. This is, unfortunately, the more likely scenario, since Diana and Mei had to go to Arat Prime for Helena to use it to get to the GenSim, implying that things weren't right there.

Now, here's where things really start to get going.

Rockwell, as we know, has his own element strain, different from Corruption, Tek, and Lunatek. Since he connected to Aberration, he created a connection from his own strain of corruption to Tek; however, thanks to the original homo deus, Rockwell is unable to exercise the power in the Tek system that he'd have without the deus stopping him. Naturally, the deus are Rockwell's next targets in his quest for godhood. Since Rockwell has access to both a physical body and Tek systems, he theoretically should be able to become much stronger than a deus, which is purely in Tek, and will therefore eventually overcome this obstacle if left unchecked. Helena must therefore have decided either one of two things:
1) Rockwell taking over the Tek systems is inevitable, and the only way to stop him is to gain access to Lunatek before he can take over the Tek systems and beat him afterwards.
2) The only way to stop Rockwell in time is with Lunatek, so survivors must go to the GenSim as a step to getting Lunatek to be able to stop Rockwell
Either way, Helena has decided that Tek isn't enough to stop Rockwell at this point. This might be because Tek stopped developing with the death of the URE, while the Federation is separated from the Corruption and still alive out in space, so they're able to still progress (assuming they didn't meet their own fate that we don't know about)

• Like 2

Sucks that they delayed Genesis though. I may even miss the Valentine's event.

Well, we should at least be glad it's because they want to make absolute sure Genesis functions the way it should. That's better than them, say, releasing Genesis in a broken, unplayable state. 

• Like 4

If I am correct, there are more "systems" than just the ARKS or Genesis.

In The One Who Wait's 2nd note on Extinction, she mentions backups. b a c k u p SSS!! Genesis is a backup for the ARKS, and there are most likely more backups out there, some crumbled away and fully abandoned, some uninitiated and one (that we know so far) that is almost fully functional. The ARKS.

What else is out there? I need to know! 

Also, since the ARKS systems are seriously flawed, and Genesis is a backup/possible last resort, I am led to believe the system Genesis runs on would be SEVERELY out of whack! We can even see this in the "Blade Wasps", as the simulation starts "creating doozies", and the bar is being raised. Higher. Higher. Higher...

What other accidental beasts will Genesis make??

Deformed Rexaspinosaur-parasaur-lystro hybrid confirmed!!!1!!!1!!111!!!

• Like 1

• Wildcard Community
1 hour ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

I have hands down found the best way to improve character creation in ARK - 

https://www.bodyvisualizer.com/male.html

Toy with the settings and you will witness what ideal character creation looks like. 

58240170e0c3a47b8213cc1938ee9a9b.png

Am I doing this right?

• Haha 6

On 1/29/2020 at 1:04 PM, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Also, since the ARKS systems are seriously flawed, and Genesis is a backup/possible last resort, I am led to believe the system Genesis runs on would be SEVERELY out of whack! We can even see this in the "Blade Wasps", as the simulation starts "creating doozies", and the bar is being raised. Higher. Higher. Higher...

What other accidental beasts will Genesis make??

So far, none of the Genesis creatures have been "accidental". The Magmasaur information received from HLN-A suggests that not only the Magmasaur, but all the Genesis creatures were at one point or another tested in the Ark Stations and removed for either being too difficult to deal with, or changing the environment to drastically. HLN-A states the scorch marks of Magmasaurs would be all over the place if they were still on Scorched, perhaps implying they wandered just about anywhere they pleased. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qwertymine said:

So far, none of the Genesis creatures have been "accidental". The Magmasaur information received from HLN-A suggests that not only the Magmasaur, but all the Genesis creatures were at one point or another tested in the Ark Stations and removed for either being too difficult to deal with, or changing the environment to drastically. HLN-A states the scorch marks of Magmasaurs would be all over the place if they were still on Scorched, perhaps implying they wandered just about anywhere they pleased. 

The blade wasps are described as "doozies".

I now believe that we are actually seeing regular tek in Genesis. The tek tools we craft are described as "off brand" by Diana on AB. The reason they're jagged is to show that they are not at their full manufactured potential. The obelisks are manufactured tek, (Manf-Tek), while our tools aren't. Genesis is built entirely around Manf-Tek.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

I now believe that we are actually seeing regular tek in Genesis. The tek tools we craft are described as "off brand" by Diana on AB. The reason they're jagged is to show that they are not at their full manufactured potential. The obelisks are manufactured tek, (Manf-Tek), while our tools aren't. Genesis is built entirely around Manf-Tek.

nonononononononononononononononono but what about my lunatek? You can't just easily explain away the issue in a much more simple manner like that!

Although that doesn't explain the issue of how Helena can't enter the GenSim. If it was still just tek, then Helena should be able to access it, so we can assume it's not simply tek.
Also, I think that Diana was referring specifically to that one set of tek armor they made for her as off-brand, not saying that everything they were making was poor quality.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

The blade wasps are described as "doozies".

That doesn't mean they are mistakes... It means compared to most other creatures, these are either pretty outlandish or terrifying. All Genesis creatures are of a different caliber than even the Extinction creatures(Excluding Titans). One is a literal volcano, another can teleport and produce "space energy", the Ferox drastically transform their body mass with Element, and the turtle produces a sustainable bubble of air from seemingly nowhere. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

nonononononononononononononononono but what about my lunatek? You can't just easily explain away the issue in a much more simple manner like that!

Although that doesn't explain the issue of how Helena can't enter the GenSim. If it was still just tek, then Helena should be able to access it, so we can assume it's not simply tek.
Also, I think that Diana was referring specifically to that one set of tek armor they made for her as off-brand, not saying that everything they were making was poor quality.

Offbrand doesn't have to mean poor quality though. Think about it thoroughly, I think the boot fits. 

Just now, Qwertymine said:

That doesn't mean they are mistakes... It means compared to most other creatures, these are either pretty outlandish or terrifying. All Genesis creatures are of a different caliber than even the Extinction creatures(Excluding Titans). One is a literal volcano, another can teleport and produce "space energy", the Ferox drastically transform their body mass with Element, and the turtle produces a sustainable bubble of air from seemingly nowhere. 

Who knows.

1 minute ago, Qwertymine said:

You're right, if we use just the word 'doozy' then you would be correct, but ATA forgot to mention that HLN-A specifically said that the GenSim produced the doozy, or in other words, the blade wasp came from the GenSim, and wasn't engineered beforehand like the magmasaur was.

3 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Offbrand doesn't have to mean poor quality though. Think about it thoroughly, I think the boot fits. 

Naturally, but I still think she was referring specifically to that one suit.

Regardless, I don't think we can rely on Diana and crew for knowledge about tek gear anyway. They described the obelisks as having 'crazy teleportation tech,' and there are a lot of obelisks now, so who knows how far behind they are.
Or, in other words, I'm actually supporting your side with this, but whatever.
There's still the big issue of why can't Helena access the GenSim if it's also tek. It doesn't really make much sense.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

But helena did enter the Genesis Simulation already ?

The last of the Genesis Chronicles notes (#15) even mentions it:

" Once Helena’s friends beamed her into the Genesis simulation, she made me. But then she left. I guess homo deus beings can’t stay in our reality -- or the simulation -- for very long.

She gave me basic access to the simulation, but not a lot of guidance beyond that."

Seems like it isn't a problem with different sorts of tek, but with the nature of being a homo deus ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fes said:

" Once Helena’s friends beamed her into the Genesis simulation, she made me. But then she left. I guess homo deus beings can’t stay in our reality -- or the simulation -- for very long.

She gave me basic access to the simulation, but not a lot of guidance beyond that."

Seems like it isn't a problem with different sorts of tek, but with the nature of being a homo deus ?

True, she cant interact with reality as it is for very long

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Fes said:

Helena was only able to briefly enter the simulation because of Mei and Diana, and she was described, in your very quote, as being unable to stay there in the same way she can't stay in the real world.

If Helena and the Genesis Simulation are based around the same systems then they should be able to connect just fine. Element has some form of contactless communication, as we know, which would mean that two things that are based off element should always be able to 'connect' via the tek 'internet' unless they're wildly different systems (corruption vs tek)

The implication is then that Helena is a wildly different system than the GenSim. We know that Helena can connect with the Arks and tek, so therefore, tek is wildly different than the GenSim.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

ATA forgot to mention that HLN-A specifically said that the GenSim produced the doozy, or in other words, the blade wasp came from the GenSim, and wasn't engineered beforehand like the magmasaur was.

No, it means the simulation gave life to the Blade Wasp. ALL the creatures are "produced", whether they be from the Arks or the Simulation. Blade Wasps were at one point removed from an Ark and stored as code. The Genesis Simulation is using that code to simulate the Wasps. 

• Like 1