Heh, Yknow, if the ARK's ecosystems were outta whack with too many predators, there would be too many predators released onto earth. Forget raptor overspawns, alpha t-rexes anyone? Anyways, a good question would be: Can the ARKS still generate creatures after their barriers are let down and the overseer chamber is activated? Also, with an orbital tilt or whatever, the snowy areas on ARKs such as the island's snow biome would melt, creating an excess of water, most likely leading to some sorta flood. (Cough, bible, Cough)

The ARKs landing on the top and bottom of the Earth would most likely keep their snow, however.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Heh, Yknow, if the ARK's ecosystems were outta whack with too many predators, there would be too many predators released onto earth. Forget raptor overspawns, alpha t-rexes anyone? Anyways, a good question would be: Can the ARKS still generate creatures after their barriers are let down and the overseer chamber is activated? Also, with an orbital tilt or whatever, the snowy areas on ARKs such as the island's snow biome would melt, creating an excess of water, most likely leading to some sorta flood. (Cough, bible, Cough)

The ARKs landing on the top and bottom of the Earth would most likely keep their snow, however.

My guess is that the spawning (mostly, anyway) stops. Helena said that the player would be unable to respawn after the arks land so that the arks can work on removing the element. It's possible that this is just a restraint on retrieving the soul so that you can respawn instead of just recreating a body though, which would mean that spawning of animals could keep going after.

Logically, though, the arks would work at full power to remove all the element first since that's a pretty massive issue that needs to get dealt with asap. Once that is done maybe spawns could pick back up again though. So the overly large numbers of predators would likely balance themselves out over just a bit of time.

And yea, if the arks devote their energy to element purging, its pretty likely that their environmental maintenance stuff would also stop working (the shields were turning off in the end cutscene of Extinction) so the snow would melt depending on where they landed and all that stuff which could easily lead to issues for survivors.

Basically, the survivors have a rough time ahead immediately (or quickly) following the landing of the arks as the earth adapts to its new rotation and the large amount of different species dropped onto it.

• Like 1

Just now, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Yup, but we can respawn in the simulation, as we are controlling an avatar. I winder what new possibilities this opens up?

Basically, it means we can ignore all consequences of the arks landing since we're in a different reality ?

The new possibilities opened up by this are... Endless. We have no idea how close the GenSim is to reality, all we know is that it is different, so there's no telling exactly how much different it is, which means there's no way of knowing what strange things we can do in there.

2 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

I dunno why but I have this vision of a new character re-creation system coming into genesis, with being able to re customize your avatar. Its a longshot but im hoping

I can only hope

• Like 1

Im really looking forward to those quests though, unlike all those ark youtubers out there, from PythonGB to Anthomnia (He doesnt even do ark anymore lol) Im always at a loss of what to do. Yesterday i spent an hour flying on my argy, thinking about what to do, build a water pen? Kill that alpha rex next to my base? Test turrets for the first time? Ugh.

I dunno, but HLN A seems to!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

or at least, some of the time. She seems pretty new to all of this ark stuff. Why didn't helena put her consciousness into HLN A, knowing that she knows more than that silly little Aussie Tek bot?

Probably because it's much simpler to create HLN-A than it is to copy herself over. If we consider that the arks are all trying to dedicate their energy towards other processes, then HLN-A had to be something that's relatively simple to make and maintain.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

True.

But. If there was a real problem at hand, (Rockwell) I bet she would copy herself.

Maybe this is after extinction, but before Aberration crashes?

I'm pretty sure that making a proper copy of a deus would take a pretty big amount of power. Not to mention the fact that Helena is deteriorating anyway, so there's not a huge purpose in trying to preserve herself in her current form anyway.

Although I don't know if I've said this here yet or not, but I'm pretty sure that HLN-A is supposed to be a backup Helena anyway. The differences being that HLN-A isn't a deus (Helena doesn't like being a deus) and that it doesn't have all her memories, and is just her personality. Since HLN-A and Helena are the same in all ways besides memories, HLN-A is basically just a second Helena, except it's a Helena that doesn't deteriorate over time like a deus does. I believe that HLN-A is Helena's plan to counteract the deterioration of herself and continue to help us. She could even potentially use HLN-A's personality to replace her own later on after she has deteriorated a lot.
Basically, Helena made HLN-A not be a deus because that's the only way for her to preserve herself long-term.

23 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Here comes good ol LuCraft, reacting to our posts. ?

Thumbs and hearts all 'round

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Probably because it's much simpler to create HLN-A than it is to copy herself over. If we consider that the arks are all trying to dedicate their energy towards other processes, then HLN-A had to be something that's relatively simple to make and maintain.

Well, there was that "Genetic Analysis Record" that Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY made. 

To recap, we see that [LOG_TRANSMIT] (Helena) tells [LOG_RECEIVE] (HLN-A) that she's found some sort of genetic code that HLN-A should implement. When people solved the little treasure hunt in the image that followed, they were met with this message:

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Those are the answers I was looking for!
[LOG_RECEIVE] It was easily accessible data.
[LOG_RECEIVE] However, my memory retention is firmware limited to 30 specimen sleep cycles.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Well that's not good.
[LOG_RECEIVE] It is a safety precaution, to avoid the onset of undesirable personality traits in my neural core.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] All things considered I'll take that at face value.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Sounds like I might need to pay you a visit.

Interestingly enough, in order to unlock this message, people had to answer a series of questions by going to that "Terminal Command Line" in the "edit profile" tab and inputting a bunch of stuff that only Helena would known, at some point or another (the name of her argy, etc).

Basically what I'm saying is, and this may be a bit of a stretch, but what if what was going on here was Helena found a sort of "copy" of her own DNA, and tried to replicate herself with HLN-A. But, because of HLN-A's "safety precautions", the robot part of HLN-A would only permanently integrate her personality, and not her memories. 

Just another thought that might explain HLN-A's lack of Helena's memories.

Edited by ArkTheorist123
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Well, there was that "Genetic Analysis Record" that Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY made. 

To recap, we see that [LOG_TRANSMIT] (Helena) tells [LOG_RECEIVE] (HLN-A) that she's found some sort of genetic code that HLN-A should implement. When people solved the little treasure hunt in the image that followed, they were met with this message:

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Those are the answers I was looking for!
[LOG_RECEIVE] It was easily accessible data.
[LOG_RECEIVE] However, my memory retention is firmware limited to 30 specimen sleep cycles.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Well that's not good.
[LOG_RECEIVE] It is a safety precaution, to avoid the onset of undesirable personality traits in my neural core.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] All things considered I'll take that at face value.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Sounds like I might need to pay you a visit.

Interestingly enough, in order to unlock this message, people had to answer a series of questions by going to that "Terminal Command Line" in the "edit profile" tab and inputting a bunch of stuff that only Helena would known, at some point or another (the name of her argy, etc).

Basically what I'm saying is, and this may be a bit of a stretch, but what if what was going on here was Helena found a sort of "copy" of her own DNA, and tried to replicate herself with HLN-A. But, because of HLN-A's "safety precautions", the robot part of HLN-A would only permanently integrate her personality, and not her memories. 

Just another thought that might explain HLN-A's lack of Helena's memories.

>Avoid the onset of undesirable personality traits
Aka, avoid deterioration of my personality over time.

I hadn't noticed this before, but Helena seems to not know everything about HLN-A. "All things considered I'll take that at face value" implies that she didn't know the reasoning behind it, despite being the person who created HLN-A.
I'd wager that this is a testament to how far gone Helena currently is.

I agree with your assessment too. HLN-A is most likely a copy of Helena without any memories. However, since Helena created HLN-A, Helena definitely wasn't stumped by HLN-A's firmware limitations, since Helena is the one who put the limitations in place.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Recreant888 said:

I really appreciate the commitment to support Genesis indefinitely despite the rumors of Ark 2 next year.

I wonder how long 'indefinitely' will last

27 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Yeah, I know. And that new Desert biome. Just sand and dilos. Thats all that spawns there.......

Didn't someone say something about some kind of king dilo there too?
Well I guess that still counts as a dilo.

The strangest part for me was probably finding out that the moeder can actually only be reached through the lunar biome. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

The strangest part for me was probably finding out that the moeder can actually only be reached through the lunar biome. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

My favorite part has to be the new graphics engine. I mean, I feel like I am IN the game! So immersive...

3RxDXxv.jpg.310516a4120b0e4068923d3f360099d3.jpg

• Haha 4