1 hour ago, Leebum said:

I am not an "I told you so" kind of person, So I will say nothing on the explorer notes on Extinciton.

But I love your reasoning on here. Very interesting concept. 

Love the idea that the Genesis Sim is to run away xD I love this story 

What is also interesting is that the Homo Deus are "some" human's who evolved. But others chose not to? I would love to know more about this

35 minutes ago, Leebum said:

What is also interesting is that the Homo Deus are "some" human's who evolved. But others chose not to? I would love to know more about this

I'm sure lots of people would have worries about such a procedure, for various reasons.

There's also the possibility that they couldn't evolve everyone. I don't remember what gave me the idea, but I always figured there were just a few deus.

37 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

I'm sure lots of people would have worries about such a procedure, for various reasons.

There's also the possibility that they couldn't evolve everyone. I don't remember what gave me the idea, but I always figured there were just a few deus.

That is an interesting thought. If you were offered the chance to become a Godlike being would you take it? I bet a lot would think it was a ruse or even beyond them.

Also, It could be that the ones who became Deus were to use their gift to support the Arks as they power one per Deus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leebum said:

That is an interesting thought. If you were offered the chance to become a Godlike being would you take it? I bet a lot would think it was a ruse or even beyond them.

Also, It could be that the ones who became Deus were to use their gift to support the Arks as they power one per Deus.

It seems like Helena regrets being Homo Deus at times. Maybe in the past, others saw disappointment and unhappiness in Homo Deus, so some rejected the offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also HLNA stated that element can corrupt humans- so maybe we could see some in Genesis part 1 or 2? The idea doesn't seem far off... You have the zombielike Army of The Damned from Atlas and zombies from Pixark, and since it's obvious ideas are shared through the different Dev teams, we could be seeing corrupted survivors sometime in the near future. It would be easy, just equip an AI survivor with the corrupted armor set, make 'em aggressive and watch all Hecc break loose.

zombie.jpg

Dt5xWBHW4AAO7ad.jpg

• Like 1

I might be wrong but I am sure I read somewhere in Rockwell or Helena's notes that Rockwell infused survivors with Element and the result was death or the NAMELESS appearing. 

Also, since HLN-A says that aberration could have been created to test element, was Rockwell (A lunatic) added to the system to contribute to element's experimentation? I know he is a survivor all the way from island but, it is a system.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Leebum said:

I might be wrong but I am sure I read somewhere in Rockwell or Helena's notes that Rockwell infused survivors with Element and the result was death or the NAMELESS appearing. 

Also, since HLN-A says that aberration could have been created to test element, was Rockwell (A lunatic) added to the system to contribute to element's experimentation? I know he is a survivor all the way from island but, it is a system.

I'm 99% sure that the Nameless were people that fell into the Less-corrupted, liquid Element ore. Corrupted creatures have been taken over by the powerful, mutated element veins.

This leads me to believe that different element "structures" (Types/variations/edited versions) Have different effects.

Liquid element ore: Mutation

Mutated element vein: Corruption

Element vein: More powerful creature (Seen in gasbags, gachas, velonas, etc.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LEDminer said:

Huh, so Aberration was supposedly a testing ground to see what access to element would cause. Makes me wonder, are there other arks that were made for the same purpose? And are these perhaps intact, and not ruined like the Aberration ark? Could these "element test arks" be a part of the story in genesis?

I guess we'll find out! Maybe ARAT PRIME is an element-fest too!

2 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Hey TinnyHippo, you're on the internet when I search "Ark Genesis Corrupted Skins Full". Cool.

images.jpeg

Nice

2 hours ago, LEDminer said:

Huh, so Aberration was supposedly a testing ground to see what access to element would cause. Makes me wonder, are there other arks that were made for the same purpose? And are these perhaps intact, and not ruined like the Aberration ark? Could these "element test arks" be a part of the story in genesis?

HLN-A does not have any special information on this, and Helena said that Aberration wasn't supposed to happen. HLN-A was also just guessing here. I don't think we should just accept that immediately.

Consider also that they very likely already knew what happened when element got to humans, considering there was a massive crisis back on Earth already.

2 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

I'm 99% sure that the Nameless were people that fell into the Less-corrupted, liquid Element ore. Corrupted creatures have been taken over by the powerful, mutated element veins.

This leads me to believe that different element "structures" (Types/variations/edited versions) Have different effects.

Liquid element ore: Mutation

Mutated element vein: Corruption

Element vein: More powerful creature (Seen in gasbags, gachas, velonas, etc.)

There are different types of element, but I don't think you've got the right idea.

We've seen liquid element, solid element, and gaseous element. The solid element has 3 (that we know of) main forms: The ore on Aberration, the refined substance we use to power tek, and the crystallized element.

Whether something corrupts or not depends on how much/how strong the element is, not its state of matter. Simply put, purple element is very (dangerously) high energy element, while blue element is medium energy element. The blue element is able to be used by things because its energy is (typically) too low for corruption to start, but still high enough to be useful.

So basically you're partially correct, but for the wrong reasons :P
Purple element veins (I assume that's what you meant by mutated) cause corruption because they're such high energy, while blue ones can be used by survivors or creatures.
Liquid element follows the same rules, it's not special (in regards to corruption.) I think you got that idea because of Aberration, but the radiation is at work causing mutations there, it's not the element

Edited by TinyHippo
  • Like 1

Remember this thing?

1532331023_Screenshot2019-12-03at15_58_32.thumb.png.369c7c7c84a882bbdbb0490d8a890c83.png

I think I have an idea on where it came from.

We know that before the Arks, there was a war between the United Republics of Earth (URE) and the Terran Federation (TF or Fed)

Now, typically, after a war, only one side will remain with significant power. Even more so given how devastating the tek weaponry can be. This would mean that if the URE and the TF had different branches of element tech, most likely only one of those branches of tech would be used after the war. If the loser had better tech, it would be stolen by the winner, and if the winner had better tech, the loser's tech would be ignored entirely. This is assuming there are even remnants of any tech after the war, of course.

Now, our trusty friend Santiago tells us this in note 3:

I figured as much. According to that biologist, Helena, people from my time are the most advanced humans on those stations. That means they couldn't have been built too far in the future, and last I knew, the Federation and the URE were still stuck on Earth. It wasn't for lack of technology, just the usual suspects - politicians.

So they could get off Earth. If a full war broke out, then people won't be stopped from going to space because it's 'against the rules' if they think it'll be beneficial to their side.

My thought is that the building shown in the lunar biome is a remnant of the Fed before the moon got super-nuked (most likely to destroy the Fed on it)

I say the TF was the one there because the lunar technology is what got lost, and the Federation seemed to be behind on element tech (santiago reverse engineered the URE's tek suit, so that means URE was the first to get to it)

This has further implications though. At the end of the war, the incredible amounts of element released caused an entirely new disaster. If the TF was on the moon (or multiple moons/other planets) and those places all got super nuked, then recovering and Fed technology would be incredibly difficult. Take these 2 things together and the Fed's tech becomes almost impossible to retrieve. At least until the element situation on Earth was dealt with. Therefore, all the arks and everything we've used and seen so far are one branch of element tech, and the Fed's inventions and research is completely unseen up until this point. This means that there is potentially an entirely new set of element tech that follows entirely different rules and patterns compared to what the URE's element tech (tek) follows.

This also would mean that Earth is not the only place with an element problem. If the Fed's went to space, and the URE tek nuked them in space, then every single planet and moon that the Fed's were attacked on now also has an element problem (if not as bad yet,) except we can't just drop Arks onto every celestial body in the solar system to get rid of it all like we did on Earth...

Edited by TinyHippo
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

HLN-A's new note #15 interests me. This specific sentence really got me thinking:

I guess homo deus beings can’t stay in our reality -- or the simulation -- for very long.

The way she says it implies that the reason Helena can't be in the simulation for long is the same reason as why she can't be in the real world for long. If this wasn't the case, she wouldn't have brought up the real world at all, since it'd be entirely unrelated. What this means is that the Simulation isn't just a computer thing.
It gets problematic because she also still makes the distinction between the simulation and the physical world, so it can't be simply a physical thing either.

So then the simulation has to be something inbetween the physical and digital? I'm not even sure exactly what that would mean honestly.
Or perhaps something else entirely? Again I'm not even sure what this would imply.

I'm getting blanks instead of answers inside my head for now but maybe you guys can think up a nice explanation for this.

The other question I have is in what way does a uncontrolled, non-real, non-digital world help humans 'run away' from the element on Earth? If they wanted to use it as an escape/safe area sort of thing, why create magmasaurs and put them into the simulation?
If you put uncontrolled, dangerous creatures somewhere, and plan to use it as a plan to stop you from needing to fight, then surely you must plan on unleashing them on your enemy, right? Then why even put them into the simulation in the first place? They're all in separate biomes so it's not like they're getting used to eachother or anything in there.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1