Just now, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Again with the extra quote bubbles! Whhhyyyyyyyyyyyy??

I think that we'll control some sort of avatar, because of the corrupted AVATAR skins (I know you usually don't base info off of skins, so sorry :( )  I think that's how we'll respawn- We'll be controlling an avatar of ourselves, or something like that.

Interesting idea.
I don't like to get specifics from skins, but the existence of the corrupted avatar skins do mean that avatars and corruption are likely at least a little bit important.
If we control avatars and therefore can ignore the respawn problem, that opens up a lot of new possibilities.

If we continue to follow the colonizational ark idea, keeping in mind the corruption is going to be important on some level, we can assume that Rockwell (since he showed up at the end of Extinction) has spread his corruption into the simulation, and we have to fix that before the Arrival of the colonizational ark onto its destination.

This new idea makes sense with all the info we've been given; but, we don't have enough information to say decidedly whether or not it's the case I think.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LEDminer said:

Regarding the avatars, in the screenshots and trailers we've seen, the survivors seems to look like themselves, yet the corrupted avatar looks... not like a survivor. Perhaps the corruption is messing with the avatar, causing it to not render the proper form of the survivor?

That's pretty much what I was thinking.

3 hours ago, LEDminer said:

Also, in one of the notes on Aberration, Rockwell speaks of how he can communicate with the ark, and how they can "reach something higher." Maybe the broken ark gave Rockwell information of the simulations, and the colonization ark, if that is a thing, and Rockwell is planning on stopping it?

Rockwell became very power hungry because of the element. If he finds a way to go to another planet, he will not try to stop it. He would try to corrupt it and use it to further spread his influence and therefore increase his power. If that fails, then he would try to destroy the project entirely to spite us. Remember that Rockwell said he hates Helena and Mei-Yin because they defeated him after he thought he had achieved godhood from the element. After that, he becomes overseer and thinks once more that he achieved godhood, only for us to come by and lay him low again, so we can extrapolate that he hates us just as much as he hates Helena and Mei, so logically, he'd do his absolute best to make sure we don't succeed.
Anyway, the point is that he wouldn't try to stop it unless he fails to corrupt it.

2 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Not sure how I'd feel about going to new planets and whatnot, but if that's what we're receiving here, I'm all for saving another planet or two.

download.jpeg

Leaving Earth would certainly be a counter to the moon falling on it, but then why did we even come down in the first place? It would make more sense to just leave from the beginning.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Leaving Earth would certainly be a counter to the moon falling on it, but then why did we even come down in the first place? It would make more sense to just leave from the beginning.

What do you mean here? The moon was going to hit earth? I just inserted the image because tbh, it looked pretty satisfying. We needed to come to earth to save it, and complete the reseed protocol- but you have a point. What's in it for us after we complete the protocol? Homo Deus? Helena describes being Homo Deus as being a terrible chore, not a reward. Also, why did we even need to save Earth?? Of course the ARKS where becoming deathtraps to to the system trying to overachieve and it only would have gotten worse (And probably ended with all humans goin' bye bye if Helena hadn't stopped that problem by enabling us to be relivable) as Helena stated, but what's the use of having us humans around? What's so important about Earth!? Is there something special there, or was all of this just because Helena wanted to see that last sunrise?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

What's so important about Earth!? Is there something special there, or was all of this just because Helena wanted to see that last sunrise?

Aside from that fact that it's one of the rare habitable planets we know of, the origin of all known life, and we already had a plan to make it habitable again and all we needed to do was defeat the King Titan? It's more efficient for us to save the planet we are based around as opposed to simply fleeing light years away to another. And as advanced as the tech in Ark is, it is still probably difficult for that tech to travel across the stars. 

We probably could have gone to Mars or something, but what fun would that be for the story?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

Aside from that fact that it's one of the rare habitable planets we know of, the origin of all known life, and we already had a plan to make it habitable again and all we needed to do was defeat the King Titan? It's more efficient for us to save the planet we are based around as opposed to simply fleeing light years away to another. And as advanced as the tech in Ark is, it is still probably difficult for that tech to travel across the stars. 

We probably could have gone to Mars or something, but what fun would that be for the story?

Very true- I keep thinking story-wise and not business-wise... I kinda forgot that this is a video game and the devs have to get money from it lol. I'm trying to say I think we'll be staying on Earth, because of:

1. ARAT PRIME, which is on the other side of the planet

2. I think that the reason we had to svae Earth, is because there is something very important there aside from the city, which the only use it provided us survivors was an abundance of element dust, a haven and lore- That's it. The reseed protocol did't even take place within the city... The city is just a hollow shell of what it once was. We need to reach that "higher plane" that Rockwell was talking about. THERE is where we will find our final answers, and either save Earth again, or beat Rockwell into a pulp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

What do you mean here? The moon was going to hit earth? I just inserted the image because tbh, it looked pretty satisfying. We needed to come to earth to save it, and complete the reseed protocol- but you have a point. What's in it for us after we complete the protocol? Homo Deus? Helena describes being Homo Deus as being a terrible chore, not a reward. Also, why did we even need to save Earth?? Of course the ARKS where becoming deathtraps to to the system trying to overachieve and it only would have gotten worse (And probably ended with all humans goin' bye bye if Helena hadn't stopped that problem by enabling us to be relivable) as Helena stated, but what's the use of having us humans around? What's so important about Earth!? Is there something special there, or was all of this just because Helena wanted to see that last sunrise?

It seemed like you were implying the moon was crashing into the Earth like in extinction (the game mode, not the map) servers with the picture, and we discussed that idea earlier so I just misunderstood.

Earth is important for 2 reasons though:
1) It has an atmosphere and environment that we know humans can continue to live on so long as we protect it.
2) It's our home. This is enough reason to save it.

Also consider that the corruption on Earth was reaching pretty insane levels (consider the king titan for a moment) and that it was even still getting worse. Consider the possibility of the corruption getting worse and spreading off Earth. The only choice that could be made here is to destroy it all asap.

1 hour ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Very true- I keep thinking story-wise and not business-wise... I kinda forgot that this is a video game and the devs have to get money from it lol. I'm trying to say I think we'll be staying on Earth, because of:

1. ARAT PRIME, which is on the other side of the planet

2. I think that the reason we had to svae Earth, is because there is something very important there aside from the city, which the only use it provided us survivors was an abundance of element dust, a haven and lore- That's it. The reseed protocol did't even take place within the city... The city is just a hollow shell of what it once was. We need to reach that "higher plane" that Rockwell was talking about. THERE is where we will find our final answers, and either save Earth again, or beat Rockwell into a pulp.

The reasons we save Earth is because humans like our homes and there also happened to be an enemy of all life residing there at the time as well.

• Like 1

Also, to make things simpler, refresh memories, and help draw connections between things, I'm going to list all the key things that're relevant.

Threats to humanity:
-Rockwell and his corruption
-Broken moon (unsure if dangerous)
-Original Corruption (unsure if any remains)

Things of interest:
-Genesis Simulation
-The moon
-Arat Prime
-Aberration
-The crystal seen in the Chronicle pictures
-The ring we've been seeing in the Mysterious Mysteries and in the trailer
-The strange structure seen on the lunar biome

Events of interest:
-The Arrival (not yet happened as of Genesis)
-Arat Prime's unconfirmed launch

Relevant characters:
-Mei-Yin, going to Arat Prime
-Diana, going to Arat Prime
-Helena, the friendly deus
-HLN-A, Helena's backup
-Rockwell, the second corruption

Please let me know if I missed anything

• Like 3

Mysterious_Transmission13.gif

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Doing some marine biology, believe it or not.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Ah, that's right in my bailiwick.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] The code for your next terminal entry is 61509d23-fa82-4dd5-80d6-d551d4cec71b.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-13
[LOG_RECEIVE] To be blunt: Thar be whales here.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Fins, flippers, blowholes...the works! 
[LOG_RECEIVE] And out here they don't let a little barrier like "no ocean" stop them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aw man, Genesis Chronicles III are out. I can't exactly pop onto Ark and find 'em. Also I don't have any of the new updates due to a lack of internet. I'll get the updates as soon as Christmas comes around. Also: Here's a laugh. On the 14th I'm dressin' up as the Grinch for a children's event and takin pictures with the kiddies. Anyways, we can finally see what the full Corrupted Avatar Skin looks like. I'm exited.

1 minute ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Aw man, Genesis Chronicles III are out. I can't exactly pop onto Ark and find 'em. Also I don't have any of the new updates due to a lack of internet. I'll get the updates as soon as Christmas comes around. Also: Here's a laugh. On the 14th I'm dressin' up as the Grinch for a children's event and takin pictures with the kiddies. Anyways, we can finally see what the full Corrupted Avatar Skin looks like. I'm exited.

Where did you hear that?
It's not in the latest crunch and there was no update and no new notes as far as I know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

What there makes you think the third chronicle is out now?

The 2 skins we'll get from the last 5 notes have no icon there, implying they aren't out yet, and the spot where they'd have the locations of the notes are also empty. I'm also pretty sure there hasn't been an update since yesterday and I know there were no new notes showing up on the map when I checked.

If you ask me they're probably just placeholders for when they do come out.

12 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Perhaps you are correct- I just assumed that they had been released, because this is what happened for GC 1 and 2, and it would be pretty unprofessional to just put half-baked information on the OFFICIAL WIKI. But in retrospect, that's what I just did on this page... My bad.

I don't think the updater was trying to confuse anyone, but was adding in the placeholder because it was expected that the chronicles would come out yesterday so it would be simpler for people to update it when they found the notes.

While we're on the topic though, I really hate how the wiki calls itself the "official" wiki.
It confuses so many people and makes them think that the information on the wiki, especially about upcoming things, is added by the devs or something and they end up taking it as fact because they see that it's "official" instead of taking the information as they would if anyone had said it anywhere else.

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

I don't think the updater was trying to confuse anyone, but was adding in the placeholder because it was expected that the chronicles would come out yesterday so it would be simpler for people to update it when they found the notes.

While we're on the topic though, I really hate how the wiki calls itself the "official" wiki.
It confuses so many people and makes them think that the information on the wiki, especially about upcoming things, is added by the devs or something and they end up taking it as fact because they see that it's "official" instead of taking the information as they would if anyone had said it anywhere else.

Yeah, true. Once I found info on black pearls that stated they can be fed to an animal for extra taming affinity... Spent the next 2 days farming Trilos to help aid with Rex taming. Complete disappointment.

3 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Yeah, true. Once I found info on black pearls that stated they can be fed to an animal for extra taming affinity... Spent the next 2 days farming Trilos to help aid with Rex taming. Complete disappointment.

Ayaya

This is why I don't trust the wiki for anything but the deus code translator.

Black pearls can be fed to squids for taming, but only squids.

I still remember the nightmare back before Extinction released where so many people was saying the velonasaur was corrupted because the wiki said so at the time. Such a pain.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Ayaya

This is why I don't trust the wiki for anything but the deus code translator.

Black pearls can be fed to squids for taming, but only squids.

I still remember the nightmare back before Extinction released where so many people was saying the velonasaur was corrupted because the wiki said so at the time. Such a pain.

It is, is it not? The good, pure, blue element I mean. The stuff the Gasbags and Magnamar feature? The pure element can be seen most commonly on their bellies, and doesn't seem to effect their temperament.

managarmr.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by ArkTheoryApprentice
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

It is is it not? The good, pure, blue element I mean. The stuff the Gasbags and Magnamar feature? The pure element can be seen most commonly on their bellies.

managarmr.png

maxresdefault.jpg

No.

High energy/pure element is the purple element, and that is what corrupts things. Corruption does not just mean 'changed' but it refers to the complete infestation of something that changes it into one of the mindless creatures that roam around.

Blue element is at a lower energy, and if left unchecked it might be able to cause an incredibly minor condition similar to corruption, but it will never be the same. The gasbags for example, is just a creature that has been mutated by the element, not corrupted.

A good way to think about it is this:

Mutated creatures, like the gasbags and velonasaur, have adapted to integrate element into themselves to make themselves more powerful.
Corrupted creatures have been integrated by the element to make the Corruption more powerful.

Edited by TinyHippo
  • Like 1

To start with, despite what they said earlier about the notes being on The Island, Scorched Earth, and Aberration, they've put notes on Extinction. The post-Extinction crowd wins.

Second, if anyone is in doubt about the nature of the Genesis Simulation, HLN-A says that homo deus can't stay in the real world or the Genesis Simulation for very long, so therefore the Genesis Simulation must not be part of the real world.

Notes 12 and 13 have some deus text that only translates to: "unstable Human life undetected Danger" and repeats some of those words a few times.

The juicy bits of this are 2 things:
1) Diana an Mei went to Arat Prime and helped Helena get into the Genesis Simulation but she couldn't stay for long, making it somewhere 'she can't go'
2)The purpose of the Genesis Simulation, the arks, and the homo deus were all a plan against the corruption.

It's pretty easy to see how the deus and arks could deal the the Corruption problem. The dues can't be killed by any conventional means, and the Arks were (at least for a time) unreachable by the corruption below. It is interesting to see that they were specifically to deal with this problem though.
HLN-A also calls them all running away tactics used by the previous humans. Arks are running away methods for the people who designed them ("let the people of the future deal with it") and deus is a running away method because while they can no longer be killed but they also can't properly fight back anymore, at least not directly.
So we now know something important about the Genesis Simulation: It was an escape plan to get away from the Corruption.

What possible methods could we use as escape plans (besides arks/deus) that GenSim could be then? The colonization ark theory from earlier comes to mind, but I'm getting blanks on what else it could be. Interesting.

We also know that Arat Prime is linked closely with the GenSim now too.

So this is our current timeline on Ark history:

Element discovered → Tek things built → War between Federation and URE → Massive amount of element released from weapons causes corruption to start → Deus and Arks are created → Genesis Simulation is designed and is connected to Arat Prime → Arat Prime goes on lockdown, launch unconfirmed → Sanctuary falls → Big time gap → We spawn in on The Island for the first time

Edited by TinyHippo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

To start with, despite what they said earlier about the notes being on The Island, Scorched Earth, and Aberration, they've put notes on Extinction. The post-Extinction crowd wins.

Second, if anyone is in doubt about the nature of the Genesis Simulation, HLN-A says that homo deus can't stay in the real world or the Genesis Simulation for very long, so therefore the Genesis Simulation must not be part of the real world.

Notes 12 and 13 have some deus text that only translates to: "unstable Human life undetected Danger" and repeats some of those words a few times.

The juicy bits of this are 2 things:
1) Diana an Mei went to Arat Prime and helped Helena get into the Genesis Simulation but she couldn't stay for long, making it somewhere 'she can't go'
2)The purpose of the Genesis Simulation, the arks, and the homo deus were all a plan against the corruption.

It's pretty easy to see how the deus and arks could deal the the Corruption problem. The dues can't be killed by any conventional means, and the Arks were (at least for a time) unreachable by the corruption below. It is interesting to see that they were specifically to deal with this problem though.
HLN-A also calls them all running away tactics used by the previous humans. Arks are running away methods for the people who designed them ("let the people of the future deal with it") and deus is a running away method because while they can no longer be killed but they also can't properly fight back anymore, at least not directly.
So we now know something important about the Genesis Simulation: It was an escape plan to get away from the Corruption.

What possible methods could we use as escape plans (besides arks/deus) that GenSim could be then? The colonization ark theory from earlier comes to mind, but I'm getting blanks on what else it could be. Interesting.

We also know that Arat Prime is linked closely with the GenSim now too.

So this is our current timeline on Ark history:

Element discovered → Tek things built → War between Federation and URE → Massive amount of element released from weapons causes corruption to start → Deus and Arks are created → Genesis Simulation is designed and is connected to Arat Prime → Arat Prime goes on lockdown, launch unconfirmed → Sanctuary falls → Big time gap → We spawn in on The Island for the first time

I am not an "I told you so" kind of person, So I will say nothing on the explorer notes on Extinciton.

But I love your reasoning on here. Very interesting concept. 

Love the idea that the Genesis Sim is to run away xD I love this story