And I'm back to actually talk about the contents of the Chronicles.
The notes themselves are mostly lacking in story. They tell more about HLN-A as a character than about the story of Genesis.

First: HLN-A
At first I figured that the Mini HLN-A was really just a Mini Helena, as in, Helena copied herself into a little drone for you, but HLN-A seems to be an entirely new person, with no understanding of Helena or how survivors survive. Any part of Helena that was put into HLN-A is a very tiny one so HLN-A can be considered her own person I suppose.

Second: Genesis
Pretty obvious but it deserves a point here. Genesis is definitely a simulation like people were thinking, and of course, this brings me to my next, final, and most important point,

Third: Corrupted Avatar Skin
What do you need to be in a simulation? An avatar of course! An avatar is what you play as in any simulation or game. In Ark, your character is your avatar of course. If you were playing goat simulator, the goat is your avatar. You get the idea.
So of course, an avatar could be defined as a sort of fake body. It's you, but not really. You're just pretending to be it. A sort of you away from you.
Now, if there is a corrupted avatar, then there are three possibilities:
1) The simulation is creating a fake corrupted thing for you to fight
2) The simulation itself is corrupted
3) The person controlling the avatar is corrupted
Now, if you take a close look at the helmet skin, you can see that the glowing blue parts look very similar to the homo deus skins. So from now on when I say 'Avatar' I'm going to be referring to a Homo Deus's chosen physical form.
With that out of the way, let's go over the possibilities.
Number 1 is boring; we all know that's not going to be the case because it's boring. No one wants to play in the box where it's all fine and dandy, we're here to fight. I'm going to ignore number 1 as a possibility, I've only included it because the list would be incomplete without it.
Numbers 2 and 3 are then the only real possibilites.
It's a little bit hard to say which will be the case seeing as we know so little about Genesis so far, but I'm going to lean towards number 3. Why? I'm glad you asked!
I've explained this before, but for anyone who hasn't heard me say this: Rockwell, as we know, became one with Aberration. It's as though he became an overseer, except he's still a person. The Homo Deus are uploaded consciousnesses, and Rockwell is connected to the Ark which would give him the abilities of a Homo Deus while still having a real physical body instead of just an Avatar like Helena (though he should be able to make an avatar if he so chose to.) Now, Rockwell is also corrupted, which means that if Rockwell is connected to the... "internet," for lack of a better term, then that must mean that corruption can also spread through the internet.
Helena tells us on Extinction that there are lots of brain-dead (so to speak) Homo Deus, and what could be easier to corrupt than a something braindead?
Basically, there's a pretty massive chance that there's some corrupted Deus which would lead to number 3 being the case.
We also know that Helena can't go there, as she said so in the reveal trailer. Deus being corrupted would be a pretty good way to explain why she can't go there.
All this said, number 2 is also possible, but it's equally possible to not be correct. Not enough info to go further (maybe, I might figure something out later)

• Like 3

21 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

And I'm back to actually talk about the contents of the Chronicles.
The notes themselves are mostly lacking in story. They tell more about HLN-A as a character than about the story of Genesis.

First: HLN-A
At first I figured that the Mini HLN-A was really just a Mini Helena, as in, Helena copied herself into a little drone for you, but HLN-A seems to be an entirely new person, with no understanding of Helena or how survivors survive. Any part of Helena that was put into HLN-A is a very tiny one so HLN-A can be considered her own person I suppose.

Second: Genesis
Pretty obvious but it deserves a point here. Genesis is definitely a simulation like people were thinking, and of course, this brings me to my next, final, and most important point,

Third: Corrupted Avatar Skin
What do you need to be in a simulation? An avatar of course! An avatar is what you play as in any simulation or game. In Ark, your character is your avatar of course. If you were playing goat simulator, the goat is your avatar. You get the idea.
So of course, an avatar could be defined as a sort of fake body. It's you, but not really. You're just pretending to be it. A sort of you away from you.
Now, if there is a corrupted avatar, then there are three possibilities:
1) The simulation is creating a fake corrupted thing for you to fight
2) The simulation itself is corrupted
3) The person controlling the avatar is corrupted

I pretty much agree with all of this. Also, here's the notes themselves:

LAVA CAVE: "Take a look at this. Its a bit of flash that the other survivors must've missed. Good thing you've got ol' HLN-A following you around, right? There's a reason I'm following you around. My creator, Helena, used to be a survivor like you. If I observe you, maybe i can understand her better."

SOUTH CAVE: "It fascinates me how you survivors find your own solutions to problems. Stranded in a strange land with no tools? Just punch the trees! I never would have guessed that's effective. Can't wait to see what solutions you come up with in the Genesis simulation. Like... how do you build a fort on the open sea? Or in a volcanic hellscape? It's not all punching trees, mate."

SNOW CAVE: "This place is dangerous! If you don't starve, the dinos will get you -- or the environment, or who knows what else. Thirty percent of survivors don't live to see a second day, and fifty-five percent don't make it past the first week. It's a little odd that they're called "survivors" when they're not so good at it. You, though? I got a feeling about you. After all, they're putting you in the Genesis simulation for a reason, eh?"

THE OLD TUNNELS: "I don't understand how you survivors decide what to tame what to eat. Take a gander at the creatures we've seen lately. They aren't exactly cute! What makes you look at something that's all scales and fangs and say, "that one there, that'll be a right rippin' pet?" Or "I fancy that dino for brekkie this morning?" Tame 'em or eat 'em, that's your call, I reckon. Just don't let 'em eat you, eh?"

RUINS OF NOSTI: "This Ark has creatures that never were, if you catch my meaning. It's not all dinosaurs from prehistory. The minds behind this Ark dug into their mythology books, not just their "Dinos for Kiddos" books. Get used to it -- you'll see some things in the Genesis simulation that never were, too. I reckon it's yet another way to keep survivors on your toes."

• Like 2

So I was responding to a different thread when I realized I was typing way too much and that most of it wasn't necessary for the situation and didn't really belong in the thread but it started me down a train of thought which led to this.

As we all know Helena won't make a new training simulation.
It's really hard to say what Genesis will be until we know the timeline, so lets get that out first (I'm in different threads on different forums, hard to remember what was and wasn't said where.) All we know about it for sure for now is that it's not a simple "right after Extinction" continuation. I'll say that it's before Extinction because the chronicle notes aren't going to be appearing on Extinction, but only on the maps before Extinction. Then we need to know what the simulation is for. Genesis, of course, refers to the beginning of something. Then, what is the most likely thing that the old humans (and deus) would decide to simulate and call a Genesis Simulation? Reseed Protocol. Reseed Protocol could easily and logically be called a new beginning for Earth. The old people liked preparing so much they wouldn't let people off the Arks until the Arks said they were prepared, so why wouldn't they do the same with Reseed?
At least for now, I'm guessing that Genesis is a simulation of Reseed before it happens. Why are we going there? Reseed keeps failing for some reason. This causing the System to think that Reseed won't work. If the System thinks it won't work, it's not going to do it. We need Reseed Protocol to activate for the Arks to purge the element from the Earth, so Helena sends us in make The Genesis Simulation succeed with Reseed so it'll call Reseed a go when we kill the King Titan in Extinction later.

All that I can say with relative confidence.

The tricky question, then, is why does Reseed keep failing? It could be working with the Arks to determine what will be in the simulation, which makes sense because the simulation is about the Arks, in which case it would keep getting worse along with the Arks. That doesn't fully answer the question though. We know that the Arks moved the goalposts beyond the Arks own reach, and we beat up everything we found on the Arks, so what could Genesis think is there that we couldn't handle? I don't know.
Another possibility is that something on the Arks would cause Reseed Protocol to fail. I'm not sure that this is very likely since anything which could destroy the Arks so thoroughly that they wouldn't be able to purge the element would also destroy the Ark that they're on, likely causing themselves to die or Reseed to not activate on that specific Ark. There is, of course, one exception to this. If the simulation took Rockwell and Aberration into account, that would explain why Reseed keeps failing; there's a pretty big obstacle that hates the people who activated Reseed, and, along with his own goals, would likely want to make Reseed fail just to spite us. We also know that Rockwell will come back to haunt us because of the end of Extinction, but I don't think Rockwell is taken into account by the System because Helena thinks he's dead, and Helena knows whatever the System knows, so the System actually can't know about Rockwell.
The last possibility is that something went wrong with the Simulation. The simulation has not simply failed or been incorrect, we know the System is too accurate to simply be wrong. So the Genesis Simulation failing would have to be caused by an outside source. This source could either be normal Corruption, like what everything else on Earth has, or it could be data corruption spread by Rockwell working behind the scenes. Normal Corruption doesn't really seem to spread to electronics much. The only examples of it happening are the enraged rexes and trikes, but there are no examples of normal Corruption affecting bigger, more connected things, such as enforcers and scouts, terminals, obelisks, and most notably the barriers maintaining the sanctuaries. They've all been immune to Corruption so far. Of course, this really only leaves the possibility of Rockwell (there could be some other character doing this, but we don't know of anyone else who could and would so I'll just assume Rockwell) purposefully corrupting the Genesis Simulation, either for his own goals or to spite us, or both

23 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

So I was responding to a different thread when I realized I was typing way too much and that most of it wasn't necessary for the situation and didn't really belong in the thread but it started me down a train of thought which led to this.

As we all know Helena won't make a new training simulation.
It's really hard to say what Genesis will be until we know the timeline, so lets get that out first (I'm in different threads on different forums, hard to remember what was and wasn't said where.) All we know about it for sure for now is that it's not a simple "right after Extinction" continuation. I'll say that it's before Extinction because the chronicle notes aren't going to be appearing on Extinction, but only on the maps before Extinction. Then we need to know what the simulation is for. Genesis, of course, refers to the beginning of something. Then, what is the most likely thing that the old humans (and deus) would decide to simulate and call a Genesis Simulation? Reseed Protocol. Reseed Protocol could easily and logically be called a new beginning for Earth. The old people liked preparing so much they wouldn't let people off the Arks until the Arks said they were prepared, so why wouldn't they do the same with Reseed?
At least for now, I'm guessing that Genesis is a simulation of Reseed before it happens. Why are we going there? Reseed keeps failing for some reason. This causing the System to think that Reseed won't work. If the System thinks it won't work, it's not going to do it. We need Reseed Protocol to activate for the Arks to purge the element from the Earth, so Helena sends us in make The Genesis Simulation succeed with Reseed so it'll call Reseed a go when we kill the King Titan in Extinction later.

All that I can say with relative confidence.

The tricky question, then, is why does Reseed keep failing? It could be working with the Arks to determine what will be in the simulation, which makes sense because the simulation is about the Arks, in which case it would keep getting worse along with the Arks. That doesn't fully answer the question though. We know that the Arks moved the goalposts beyond the Arks own reach, and we beat up everything we found on the Arks, so what could Genesis think is there that we couldn't handle? I don't know.
Another possibility is that something on the Arks would cause Reseed Protocol to fail. I'm not sure that this is very likely since anything which could destroy the Arks so thoroughly that they wouldn't be able to purge the element would also destroy the Ark that they're on, likely causing themselves to die or Reseed to not activate on that specific Ark. There is, of course, one exception to this. If the simulation took Rockwell and Aberration into account, that would explain why Reseed keeps failing; there's a pretty big obstacle that hates the people who activated Reseed, and, along with his own goals, would likely want to make Reseed fail just to spite us. We also know that Rockwell will come back to haunt us because of the end of Extinction, but I don't think Rockwell is taken into account by the System because Helena thinks he's dead, and Helena knows whatever the System knows, so the System actually can't know about Rockwell.
The last possibility is that something went wrong with the Simulation. The simulation has not simply failed or been incorrect, we know the System is too accurate to simply be wrong. So the Genesis Simulation failing would have to be caused by an outside source. This source could either be normal Corruption, like what everything else on Earth has, or it could be data corruption spread by Rockwell working behind the scenes. Normal Corruption doesn't really seem to spread to electronics much. The only examples of it happening are the enraged rexes and trikes, but there are no examples of normal Corruption affecting bigger, more connected things, such as enforcers and scouts, terminals, obelisks, and most notably the barriers maintaining the sanctuaries. They've all been immune to Corruption so far. Of course, this really only leaves the possibility of Rockwell (there could be some other character doing this, but we don't know of anyone else who could and would so I'll just assume Rockwell) purposefully corrupting the Genesis Simulation, either for his own goals or to spite us, or both

Honestly I think there's just not enough information at the moment to conclusively know the premise of Genesis. If you recall at the end of Extinction, the last thing our character did was get their implant removed. Then, in the Genesis trailer, the first thing our character did was inspect their arm to find no implant. Then, at the very end of Extinction, you have the scene we know for a fact shows Aberration having crashed after the reseed protocol. If Genesis really does take place before Extinction (and the reseed protocol), then why even keep that scene in the game if it thereby has no relevance? I dunno, to me it just seems like Wildcard is trying to visually insinuate that Genesis takes place after Extinction. I could always be wrong, though. Again, some of this is just speculation. All we really know is that Helena is sending us to some (broken?) simulation with a robotic companion based somewhat off herself. And then that's it. We have a few vague descriptions of some of the creatures, and Helena appears to be communicating with something, but I don't think there's enough info yet to know anything about what the simulation is or was intended for, where and when Genesis takes place, exactly what Helena's endgame is (other than that she's trying to train us for something called "The arrival"), if the Aberration scene in Extinction has anything to do with it, or anything else. We can just guess for now.

That being said, I kind of like the idea of Rockwell having some antagonistic role in Genesis Part 1.

• Like 1

GUYS I JUST REALIZED!!! -

So I was looking back at those mysterious transmissions that Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY has been putting out, when I realized just how [LOG_RECEIVE] speaks throughout them. With Genesis chronicles just having been released, I now realize that there's only one character that would speak like that - HLN-A!!!

[LOG_RECEIVE] isn't just something to do with HLN-A or it's creation - [LOG_RECEIVE] IS HLN-A!!!

It all makes sense - those weird messages [LOG_RECEIVE] has been making were her observations of survivors and other things within the Genesis simulation. HLN-A is in the simulation, tagging along with survivors like us so she can make observations of us and the environment (the mysterious transmissions - this is they they exist in the first place!), observations which she then relays to [LOG_TRANSMIT] (Helena). This makes sense since Helena has said that the simulation is "out of her reach", so she would need to make HLN-A in order to get analyses of the simulation (we've seen in the trailer that HLN-A is capable of entering the simulation). After the findings are relayed, Helena has HLN-A record them in those terminal entries. What for, I'm not sure, maybe it has something to do with what HLN-A has displayed in the chronicles, that she's not entirely educated on survivors or just surviving in general? So she makes the terminal entries as a sort of reference? Or maybe it's part of Helena's endgame, which we're still not sure what it is? I don't know. I'm just glad I figured this out.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

GUYS I JUST REALIZED!!! -

So I was looking back at those mysterious transmissions that Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY has been putting out, when I realized just how [LOG_RECEIVE] speaks throughout them. With Genesis chronicles just having been released, I now realize that there's only one character that would speak like that - HLN-A!!!

[LOG_RECEIVE] isn't just something to do with HLN-A or it's creation - [LOG_RECEIVE] IS HLN-A!!!

It all makes sense - those weird messages [LOG_RECEIVE] has been making were her observations of survivors and other things within the Genesis simulation. HLN-A is in the simulation, tagging along with survivors like us so she can make observations of us and the environment (the mysterious transmissions - this is they they exist in the first place!), observations which she then relays to [LOG_TRANSMIT] (Helena). This makes sense since Helena has said that the simulation is "out of her reach", so she would need to make HLN-A in order to get analyses of the simulation (we've seen in the trailer that HLN-A is capable of entering the simulation). After the findings are relayed, Helena has HLN-A record them in those terminal entries. What for, I'm not sure, maybe it has something to do with what HLN-A has displayed in the chronicles, that she's not entirely educated on survivors or just surviving in general? So she makes the terminal entries as a sort of reference? Or maybe it's part of Helena's endgame, which we're still not sure what it is? I don't know. I'm just glad I figured this out.

That's pure genius... It all makes sense now ! Of course, why would Helena send the H-LNA for nothing ? 

Oh, and here are the transmissions for the Plasma Canon thing

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Sporadic outbreaks of violence. Trending toward "not-so-sporadic."

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Unfortunate, but expected.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Using validation code 5d83c790-c238-40fb-9dc1-2d093f55a845, make your next terminal entry.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-04

[LOG_RECEIVE] Survivors gravitate toward any technology they're offered.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Doubly so when that tech helps keep them alive.

[LOG_RECEIVE] And triply so when that tech lets them dominate those without it. Classic arms-race thinking.

Hope it helps a little. I didn't understand a single word of this, but it seems to be really powerfull. I already want it xD

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:17 AM, Lucraft said:

Wait what ??

[LOG_RECEIVE] We've taken a turn toward the nautical.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Not surprising -- it's a big ocean.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-06
[LOG_RECEIVE] Ocean explorers are always scanning the horizon,
[LOG_RECEIVE] hoping to cry "land ho!" when they discover a new land.
[LOG_RECEIVE] And if you can't find a new land, you've got to make one yourself.

Sounds to me like the dock is a larger raft with more for space for building. The normal raft also allows building, but the dock seems like it's taken that and cranked it up to 11.

• Thanks 2

Mysterious_Transmission7.gif

[LOG_RECEIVE] Our explorations are expanding. Lots of terrain to cover.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] And it's not all solid ground.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-07
[LOG_RECEIVE] Swamps, lava, mountains, craters --
[LOG_RECEIVE] Blazing a trail is hard work here.
[LOG_RECEIVE] The trick is to interact with the "trail" as little as possible.

FLYING VEHICLE CONFIRMED?!?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Also, I've figured out that Mysterious Mysteries comes out every 6 to 8 days, though the latest three mysteries have come out every 7 days on the dot.

Mysterious Mysteries come out with community crunches, which have traditionally been done on mondays.

That one time where it was a day late was just wildcard being late, causing an 8 day interval between it and the previous crunch and a 6 day interval between it and the next.

1 hour ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Mysterious_Transmission7.gif

[LOG_RECEIVE] Our explorations are expanding. Lots of terrain to cover.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] And it's not all solid ground.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-07
[LOG_RECEIVE] Swamps, lava, mountains, craters --
[LOG_RECEIVE] Blazing a trail is hard work here.
[LOG_RECEIVE] The trick is to interact with the "trail" as little as possible.

FLYING VEHICLE CONFIRMED?!?!

Not just flying, but fast too I think (blazing a trail implies its very fast I think)

I'm thinking it's gonna be pretty big. The flat part at the far right and also lots of the rest of it look like a walkable platform, and it even has rails on the sides.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:40 PM, Leebum said:

Might I add a question: Wildcard founder said in the live stream that the survivor in the trailer has no implant scar and has no dirt on them? What could this infer?

(Throws the ball into the ring and shouts "FIGHT")

...Maybe it implies that we play as some test subject from a test tube, like on the ARKs, but designed for the Genesis simulation? I don't know.

12 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

...Maybe it implies that we play as some test subject from a test tube, like on the ARKs, but designed for the Genesis simulation? I don't know.

Well we know it's going to be the same us that defeated the Overseer, the Manticore, and Rockwell because the mini-HLN-A notes are there and they talk about us. So it'll only be a new character in the same way that when you respawn you have a new character.

Now if Helena was capable of just pulling us straight from one ark to a special Genesis Ark, she would've used that power to pull us straight to Earth, or at least to Aberration and skipping Scorched Earth so we could get home faster. We can therefore conclude that she can not simply move us to whichever Ark she wants, so Genesis can't be a normal place in any form of the word.

With the computer simulation idea, it makes more sense. Since it's a computer simulation, they can just simply not put the implant in the avatar. It would also bypass the problem of Helena not being able to move you because you're not technically being completely moved, just being sent to a computer simulation, which would be the equivalent of uploading and not downloading. That is obviously easier than uploading and downloading.

Therefore I conclude that the reason the implant isn't there is because we're in a computer simulation and the people who designed it didn't like implants so they didn't put implants in.

Actually I'm guessing it was designed before all the humans had implants probably, but that's just a guess really.

The real question is how do we access our inventory? HLN-A? Magic Arm Powers?

• Like 2

implants are for survivors. I doubt every human had one.

But that being said, Wildcard founder made reference to it so its definitely a clue of something important. 

Could it be the lack of a scar means we are not our original survivor? (I hope not since it makes our story as a player put on hold.)

Could it be we have been through some sort of transformation? (Hence the tek knives in the trailer appearing on our wrists with no visible glove or device to activate)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Leebum said:

implants are for survivors. I doubt every human had one.

But that being said, Wildcard founder made reference to it so its definitely a clue of something important. 

Could it be the lack of a scar means we are not our original survivor? (I hope not since it makes our story as a player put on hold.)

Could it be we have been through some sort of transformation? (Hence the tek knives in the trailer appearing on our wrists with no visible glove or device to activate)

All humans on the Arks had one, and at the time of Ark happening, all the humans we know of are on the Arks, therefore all living humans (that we know about) have implants. If there are any humans without implants, there are extremely few because they'd have to have been in hiding somehow somewhere on Earth with all the Corruption, or somewhere on the moon or some other planet.

The lack of an implant is important, because it means it is a computer simulation. Genesis happens before Extinction. We know this because all the notes are on the maps before Extinction. We still have the implant on Extinction, so we can not physically lose the implant before then. The lack of an implant means that whatever is going on, it's not in the "real" physical world.

We are the same survivor, HLN-A talks to us and says "no wonder you were selected for the Genesis Simulation." or something along those lines. She specifically says we are going there, so it's not just someone else.

Again, if we had a transformation, we'd still have it on Extinction, which we don't. The psi blades in the reveal trailer I think is some more simulation fun stuff.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2019 at 7:47 PM, TinyHippo said:

All humans on the Arks had one, and at the time of Ark happening, all the humans we know of are on the Arks, therefore all living humans (that we know about) have implants. If there are any humans without implants, there are extremely few because they'd have to have been in hiding somehow somewhere on Earth with all the Corruption, or somewhere on the moon or some other planet.

The lack of an implant is important, because it means it is a computer simulation. Genesis happens before Extinction. We know this because all the notes are on the maps before Extinction. We still have the implant on Extinction, so we can not physically lose the implant before then. The lack of an implant means that whatever is going on, it's not in the "real" physical world.

We are the same survivor, HLN-A talks to us and says "no wonder you were selected for the Genesis Simulation." or something along those lines. She specifically says we are going there, so it's not just someone else.

Again, if we had a transformation, we'd still have it on Extinction, which we don't. The psi blades in the reveal trailer I think is some more simulation fun stuff.

I was talking pre-ark human, because I agree all current humans are survivors as the Overseer chambers testifies to human extinction. 

At that point in the trailer I dont agree we are in the simulation as the next scene HLNA takes us into  the simulation.

I also dont think Genesis is Pre-Extinction because the lead Dev said it doesnt follow the story "exactly" after Extinction. And if we are the original survivor, then where in the time between each ark ascension are we?

If we are indeed pre-extinction then we cant be our original survivor but rather HLNA's statement shows we are "selected" and does not prove we are the original survivor?

Also, the notes we have are the "current" Genesis chronicle note releases, I doubt they are all we are getting.

On top of it all, WHAT ON EARTH IS THE ARRIVAL!? I love that statement because it gives us nearly nothing but allows our brains to go crazy!

Whatever the outcome, the Lore is what I am really waiting for. Love Arks story!

Edited by Leebum
  • Like 2

Genesis stream showcase: Ferox

Being what is probably going to be one of Genesis's most iconic creatures, the Ferox is that adorable four-armed creature from the trailer. According to the devs, it is by default a shoulder pet that will keep the player warm and also help them locate element. If it happens to consume element, however (and it CRAVES the stuff), it will essentially turn into a rideable battle tank for a short time, with a variety of different attacks. And the more it damages enemies, the more it builds towards an ultimate attack, which is when the Ferox does a ground slam that does loads of damage but will also dismount any player that isn't riding another Ferox within a certain radius.

There is also another con: The more element it consumes to go into battle tank mode, the more it fills up this "addiction meter". When the meter is full, the Ferox will go into a bloodlust mode, attacking anything and everything, including it's master and other tames. Fortunately, though, this will only last a short while, before the Ferox reverts back to it's tiny form and passes out, resetting the addiction meter as well.

Ferox Concept Art.jpg

Genesis 4.jpgGenesis 9.jpgGenesis 2.jpgGenesis 7.jpg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Leebum said:

I also dont think Genesis is Pre-Extinction because the lead Dev said it doesnt follow the story "exactly" after Extinction. And if we are the original survivor, then where in the time between each ark ascension are we?

If we are indeed pre-extinction then we cant be our original survivor but rather HLNA's statement shows we are "selected" and does not prove we are the original survivor?

Not to mention the fact that the official description of Genesis states that it's "a whole new chapter in the saga of ARK". To me I think that means that the Island through Extinction was the first chapter, and now our character is continuing the story with a sequel storyline, or second chapter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leebum said:

I was talking pre-ark human, because I agree all current humans are survivors as the Overseer chambers testifies to human extinction. 

At that point in the trailer I dont agree we are in the simulation as the next scene HLNA takes us into  the simulation.

Also, the notes we have are the "current" Genesis chronicle note releases, I doubt they are all we are getting.

On top of it all, WHAT ON EARTH IS THE ARRIVAL!? I love that statement because it gives us nearly nothing but allows our brains to go crazy!

Whatever the outcome, the Lore is what I am really waiting for. Love Arks story!

We were never our "real" physical character during the trailer. You can see the character just materializing. You could think of that as a sort of 'loading screen' before we entered the simulation.

This is taking place sometime after we make it to Aberration, but before we go to Extinction. So its either before we beat Rockwell or an intermission when we were transporting down to Earth after beating Rockwell.

We are definitely our original survivor. This just happens before we go to Extinction. Think of it like this: The Island is part 1, Scorched is part 2, Aberration is 3, and Extinction is 4. Genesis would be part 3.5

We'll certainly be getting more Genesis Chronicles, yea, but they already said the notes would all be on The Island, Scorched Earth, and Aberration. HLN-A wants to know more about Helena, so going to Earth would certainly be something HLN-A would want to do and would comment on. The only reason she wouldn't is if she couldn't (yet) so you must not have been to Extinction yet.

Genesis is going to be a new chapter, it's just going to take place inbetween other parts of the game instead of just simply before or after.

Genesis stream showcase: Magmasaur

The Magmasaur is another creature seen in the trailer. This creature is a bit more simple: It can eat literally anything, but stuff like oil, gas, and propellant will satiate it more. The Magmasaur can then take this food and if necessary turn it into fiery projectiles that it shoots out of it's back (at the cost of some food). The saddle for it doubles as a heat shield, protecting the rider from the extreme heat of the volcanic hellscape and enabling them to ride the Magmasaur through lava. Finally, when raw metal is put in the Magmasaur's inventory it gets converted into ingots.

There are, however, two cons to owning one: One, feeding the Magmasaur may take an extreme amount of resources. Two, the efficiency of the above features depends on the state of the Magmasaurs "internal forge". If the Magmasaur is near lava (overcharged forge), for example, it will smelt metal more efficiently and will receive a buff to it's stats, but will also inadvertently damage anything that comes too close to it, like other tames or the player (unless they are inside the saddle). If it's near water or rain (undercharged forge), on the other hand, it will become incredibly weak and will not be able to use any of it's features. In short, taming it will mean you'll have to manage it constantly.

Magmasaur Concept Art.jpgGenesis 5.jpgGenesis 8.jpg

Edited by ArkTheorist123
  • Like 1