So, these are some of the translations for the ascension code with the new video update (Starting with the text on the pillar directly behind the camera and moving right across):

AP Secure Connection

Previous Directive Runtime % 6.0485183048e+52 Tp

System Idle Time: 1.08159553106ek5 Tp

AP Secure Connection

ComSec: OK

PhysSec: OK

Power Core: OK

Specimen Viability: 52%

There are 3 other messages that I wasn't able to definitively make out the symbols of, the two at the very bottoms of the hologram walls to the left and upper right of the camera, as well as the one just to the left of the human hologram. If someone could somehow translate those ones, that'd be great!

Edited by ArkTheorist123
  • Like 1

So, here's every message that's been uncovered (so far):

"G" Timer:

This is not ark 2

Init AP uplink

AP secure connection

Decrypting incoming datastream

Verify UID fingerprint 724EA9458ED40FBF

Command elevation request granted

Command received syscheck

Processing...

AP Secure Connection

Previous Directive Runtime % 6.0485183048e+52 Tp

System Idle Time: 1.08159553106ek5 Tp

AP Secure Connection

ComSec: OK

PhysSec: OK

Power Core: OK

C2M Integrity: 88%

Specimen Viability: 52%

"Communications records":

COMMUNICATIONS TEST RECORD 427A6F2B

UNRECOVERABLE MESSAGE

[LXG_2qANfeIT] HtafP... suboa^;
[ cyq-ut..OUT> tes2\ $hU6pte
[At:_R;C'1V˟] Alk...S1d7Nd  <GUESS..jbeGV cb(...9bF7oLs ]e(Uz
[XOG_xRGNS:Ip* Enl s5mlaJ?r e^c...tНd Go"V ]us:9

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Start sublayer encrypted communications test.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Verify receipt.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Confirm full fingerprint ID of 724EA9458ED40FBF in user profile.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
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=2DQu
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Start sublayer encrypted communications test.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Verify receipt.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Confirm full fingerprint ID of 724EA9458ED40FBF in user profile.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Message receipt confirmed.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Future communications using fingerprint ID 724EA9458ED40FBF only.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Host System Directive: Null
[LOG_RECEIVE] Host System Status: Hibernate
[LOG_RECEIVE] End sublayer encrypted communications test.
gpg: Signature made Wed 31 Jul 2019 03:51:38 AM DST
gpg:                using RSA key 724EA9458ED40FBF
gpg: Good signature from "Helena Walker <HLNA.WLKR@gmail.com>" [unknown]
gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: C3FB C832 2297 5EF0 27C2  46D7 724E A945 8ED4 0FBF

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Secure communication request. Please respond with subject "6aa6816d-e710-4024-a28e-834315c92fdf".

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Standby, please await further outgoing communications on established channels.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] OK.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Your cognitive profile seems limited to specimen guardianship, you're a glorified patient monitor.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Maybe that's good... better to teach you new tricks than convince your host system you should be allowed in places you're not.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] We'll need to do some tests, so I'm working on a few changes to your programming.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] I'll contact you when it's ready.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
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=k1Ih
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

My analysis:

I think what's going on is some sort of communication between two people in two different facilities, facility/person A and facility/person B. One of the facilities is likely Arat Prime, though whether it's the facility we're seeing with the timer or the other unseen facility I'm not sure, though AP might be the facility with the timer since AP seems like the only place where this "Command elevation (or maybe just "elevation"?)" procedure can be activated. There's also the fact that the facility with the timer looks very similar to the hole on Extinction, though whether that's true and what exact relevance it would have if it was, I'm not sure. Regardless, it seems both facilities are being connected via satellite uplink. Also, let's assume that the text by [LOG_TRANSMIT] and [LOG_RECEIVE] are what's appearing on person A's communication system, and the text by "gpg" (not sure exactly what that means) is what's appearing on person B's communication system.

What exactly is happening with the communication records is kinda high-tech, but I'm going to break it down as best I can: Those blocks of random letters/numbers seen between the phrases "-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----" and "-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----" are signatures of the sender, but heavily encrypted ones (PGP stands for "Pretty Good Privacy"). Basically the way this works is two important people get one of the same "RSA Key". This key is plugged into their respective computers or other communication device and is used to not only decrypt other people's signatures, but encode your own signature before it is sent to the other person. These encrypted signatures are used as a sort of "password", as not only would the message - if intercepted - be untraceable without the key, but it would verify that the message was indeed sent by the person and not an imposter.

Now that that explanation is out of the way, I want to point out something important - the encrypted signature used during the "Sublayer Encrypted Communications Test" is HELENA'S. In other words, I'm thinking that HELENA is one of the two people talking in these communication records. I know that she "died" at the end of Extinction, but EVERYTHING seems to be pointing to this.  Not only is the signature Helena's, but Wildcard, rather than hide that bit of communication dialogue in one of their OWN gmail accounts, SPECIFICALLY made one for Helena. Furthermore, when you send Helena that code through the gmail account, you get a response seemingly from the SAME AP communication network. Finally, in the latest transmission from the communication records, you can see what appears to be a message that has appeared on person A's communication device, the message having seemingly been sent by person B. The message appears to refer to person A as "limited to specimen guardianship, you're a glorified patient monitor". If Helena I person A, then this description would PERFECTLY describe her as a Homo Dei, a "godlike" entity that "monitors" us survivors, or "specimens/patients".

So, here's a recap/interpretation of what I think is going on here:

Helena (person A) has somehow not only survived Extinction, but has come across a pre-existing human facility, as well as somehow acquired not only an ID fingerprint - serial #724EA9458ED40FBF - , but an RSA key (with the same serial #). She uses the ID fingerprint to gain access to the facility's communication system. She then manages to establish an encrypted satellite uplink connection to Arat Prime (or fixed AP's connection if AP is the facility with the timer), but in order to do so must put in an ID fingerprint and encrypted signature. She complies, using the same fingerprint ID she used before, but using HER OWN signature, which she encrypts using the RSA key (presumably not her own, as we'll see in a moment). The system accepts the ID and signature, but person B gets a warning from his/her communication device that the signature given (Helena's) and the signature of the person who originally owned the ID fingerprint are not the same, and hence might be someone impersonating the fingerprint's original owner. Person B seemingly ignores this, and proceeds to establish full communication with Helena. After doing so, he sends her that message about her "cognitive Profile" and tells her he will "change her programming" and will contact her when it's ready. Person B then grants her "command elevation"/"elevation" and also sends her the upgrade in the form of an encrypted datastream - the glowing beam in the timer! While being upgraded, she decides to pass the time by running a check-up on the system she's using, which is what we're currently seeing with the timer, given all the holograms and statuses for the coms, power core, etc (not to mention those holograms of what appears the be the device the beam is going into!).

After all that, we still have a few questions:

• Which facility is AP?
  • Is one of the facilities related to that hole on Extinction?
  • Who is person B, the person managing the "gpg" communication system? - He/she ends her message to Helena with his/her OWN encrypted signature, but we're unable to translate it without the RSA key.
  • What is "Command elevation"/"elevation"? - this one I may actually have an answer for: In person B's message to Helena, he tells her she is "limited to specimen guardianship". Is command elevation/elevation some command that grants her freedom from monitoring the ARKs? Is that what happened to person B?
  • Why is there a Hologram of humans (definitely humans and not Homo Dei, human DNA strand in hologram, Homo Dei have different-looking DNA strand) with the message "Specimen Viability (capability of doing work):52%"? Is Helena or person B looking for someone to perform some task?

Again, I could be completely wrong about all of this, but at the moment I'm confident we're about to see some return of Helena, this time stronger than before.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:29 PM, JasonTheCTM said:

The only thing I can think of to say about this that might have an ounce of hope as a counter arguement is that one graduate kid on Aberration that "spawned" in thought it was a dream and jumped off a cliff to wake up because he had the same dream or a similar one "a few nights ago". If he's not a clone, then someone flarped up that artificial memory seeding algorithm.

The place the kid - Skye - was talking about was ARK Park. In fact, I made an entire post on 10/11/18 (page 1) on how the whole ARK Park GAME could be Skye's dream, so I suggest you check that out! :)

18 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

The place the kid - Skye - was talking about was ARK Park. In fact, I made an entire post on 10/11/18 (page 1) on how the whole ARK Park GAME could be Skye's dream, so I suggest you check that out! :)

Hi. I came here to ask a question about a part of the game and saw this post, so I figured you'd be a wise person to ask.

I'm doing an Ultimate Ark playthrough of the game (story maps only), and I'm about halfway done with Aberration, but there is one thing I've been wondering about that the explorer notes I've read (all but Extinction) haven't answered.

What's the deal with the supply drops/beacons? Are they something the previous survivors also received or is that just a game mechanic that we the players are experiencing?

Witn Ark it's hard to determine what's actually story related and what's just game mechanics, and in this case, the explorer notes thus far have not yielded any answers.

27 minutes ago, WafflePancake said:

Hi. I came here to ask a question about a part of the game and saw this post, so I figured you'd be a wise person to ask.

I'm doing an Ultimate Ark playthrough of the game (story maps only), and I'm about halfway done with Aberration, but there is one thing I've been wondering about that the explorer notes I've read (all but Extinction) haven't answered.

What's the deal with the supply drops/beacons? Are they something the previous survivors also received or is that just a game mechanic that we the players are experiencing?

Witn Ark it's hard to determine what's actually story related and what's just game mechanics, and in this case, the explorer notes thus far have not yielded any answers.

That's one of the harder questions. In the hall of history, just before the Overseer Arena, you can see the drops being, well, dropped into the map from the ceiling. The thing is, there's no mention of the drops at any point during ANY of the explorer notes. This leads me to two possibilities:

1. The drops were always a part of the ARKs, but were just never mentioned in the explorer notes (VERY unlikely).

2. The drops were implemented by The One Who Waits to help us on our journey to eventually defeat the corruption.

As for the orbital supply drops on Extinction, well, those could have been launched from the ARKs by OWW.

1 hour ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

That's one of the harder questions. In the hall of history, just before the Overseer Arena, you can see the drops being, well, dropped into the map from the ceiling. The thing is, there's no mention of the drops at any point during ANY of the explorer notes. This leads me to two possibilities:

1. The drops were always a part of the ARKs, but were just never mentioned in the explorer notes (VERY unlikely).

2. The drops were implemented by The One Who Waits to help us on our journey to eventually defeat the corruption.

As for the orbital supply drops on Extinction, well, those could have been launched from the ARKs by OWW.

I was going to say you can see them being dropped before entering the Overseer arena. Only thing is that on Aberration the Overseer got blowed up and the pylon it was in was snapped off, yet the drops keep coming down.

Oh, and this following part is totally just a fun bit of fan-theory here, but, if the Overseer/System is generating the drops, I have this mental image of there being a room in the Overseer pylon that contains a room full of Gachas spitting out loot that is collected by drones and put in the beacons. ?

• Haha 2

Just deciphered the latest batch, this is with the transmitter emitting or recieving a red beam.

All pillars still say AP Uplink Established or whatever, that hasn't changed, the new text starting from left to right reads:

Specimen Simulation mode: Cooperative
Specimen Maintenence Protocol: Updated
Host System Directive: Updated
Resolution Schema: Updated (Schema is an actual word and means Plan)
Change Authorization 724ea9458D40FBBF verified
Ecological Conditions: Predictive

The rotating text around the beam is very tricky, when it pans into view and is easy to make out as it isn't shimmering, it has only three lines of text and it reads
Subsystem Guardian Specimen 

When it pans infront of the beam or the timer, making it illedgible, it's been deciphered based on common symbols, that it also reads
As it matches the length, and starting symbols of that very message, however the resolution, even at max resolution with the data beam and timer makes it impossible to tell, there is no good angle to view the rotating 4 text lines.

Video updated again, now everything's red and some of the holograms changed, here's my translations of the ascension code now, starting on the pillar in front of the camera and moving right across (I know JasonTheCTM  just did this already but I already had these translations down and didn't want to not include them, I've been working on this all day :( ):

AP Secure Connection

Specimen Simulation Mode: Cooperative

Specimen Maintenance Protocol: Updated

Resolution Schema: Updated

AP Secure Connection

Change Authorization 724EA9458ED40FBF Verified

(Circling red beam) Specimen Guardian Subsystem

I have 2 different guesses as to what's going on here:

1. Helena or person B has finished doing a checkup of the system Helena was using, and is now updating some of the old procedures that haven't been changed since before Earth's abandonment. Meanwhile, Helena is getting her "programming" changed, or the subsystem of Helena, a specimen guardian ( Hence the reason that piece of text is circling the beam, the thing that contains the update to Helena's programming). As for why everything is red, maybe the update for Helena is "dangerous", or the system detected something dangerous, Helena has to leave as she and the facility have detected something dangerous, or...

2. Someone/something has taken control of the timer facility's computer and booted out Helena from controlling it (is that what "change authorization" means? The code to the right of that line is the same one I proposed Helena was using). Then he/she/it began updating the old procedures to suit his/her/its own needs. The computer system recognizes this as a threat, hence the reason everything is red.

There are a few other things I want to point out: As I just mentioned, there's that code - 724EA9458ED40FBF - that is also used with the ID fingerprint and RSA key (it's mentioned in the communication logs), and that I previously said might have been found/stolen by Helena and then used by her to gain access to her facility's communication system. There's also more mention of a "Host system", something that also appeared in the communication records. I believe it was some sort of AI that was controlling the system in Helena's facility before Helena actually gained access to the system. When she did, she "turned off" the AI until now, when it has been given a new directive. I'm not entirely sure what "Resolution Schema" is, only that schema means "a representation of a plan or theory in the form of an outline or model". Does "Resolution" refer to some sort of machine/craft? Also, in the timer there's a symbol next to the "resolution schema" phrase that looks exactly like the ARK logo if you look at it the right way. Some other identifiable holograms include what appears to be a specimen implant/homo deus gem above the just mentioned ARK logo, as well as what looks like another diagram of the device the beam is going into just above the implant hologram.

43 minutes ago, JasonTheCTM said:

Just deciphered the latest batch, this is with the transmitter emitting or recieving a red beam.

All pillars still say AP Uplink Established or whatever, that hasn't changed, the new text starting from left to right reads:

Specimen Simulation mode: Cooperative
Specimen Maintenence Protocol: Updated
Resolution Schema: Updated (Schema is an actual word and means Plan)

The rotating text around the beam is very tricky, when it pans into view and is easy to make out as it isn't shimmering, it has only three lines of text and it reads
Subsystem Guardian Specimen 

When it pans infront of the beam or the timer, making it illedgible, it's been deciphered based on common symbols, that it also reads
As it matches the length, and starting symbols of that very message, however the resolution, even at max resolution with the data beam and timer makes it impossible to tell, there is no good angle to view the rotating 4 text lines.

Given that the text rotating around the beam is mirror-inverted at it's clearest point ("D" symbol is an indicator), you would actually have to read the translated words in the reverse order if you wanted to get the original/correct phrase, making it "Specimen Guardian Subsystem", not "Subsystem Guardian Specimen" :) 

15 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Given that the text rotating around the beam is mirror-inverted at it's clearest point ("D" symbol is an indicator), you would actually have to read the translated words in the reverse order if you wanted to get the original/correct phrase, making it "Specimen Guardian Subsystem", not "Subsystem Guardian Specimen" :) 

Some guy on Youtube (a click-baiter I think, not sure) says he thinks the conversation is between Helena and the system on the broken Aberrant Ark. He thinks she's trying to fix it, and Rockwell is trying to lure her into a confrontation, hence the "I'm coming for you." During the final cut-scene.

What are your thoughts on that?

1 hour ago, WafflePancake said:

Some guy on Youtube (a click-baiter I think, not sure) says he thinks the conversation is between Helena and the system on the broken Aberrant Ark. He thinks she's trying to fix it, and Rockwell is trying to lure her into a confrontation, hence the "I'm coming for you." During the final cut-scene.

What are your thoughts on that?

I suppose it's possible. Then again, I think ANYTHING is possible at this point.

Just came up with this: if what I said earlier about Helena probably being the "Specimen Guardian" mentioned in this video update were right, would that mean she's ALSO the "Specimen" referred to in the last video update ("Specimen Viability: 52%")? OWW does mention being weak in her 10th Extinction note, hence, if I were right about her being the "specimen", the reason her viability, or ability to do work, would be at 52%

5 hours ago, jointedbrick494 said:

So I am new here and want to ask something... at the end of extinction when you ascend and the platform rises what does that code in the hologram says?

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koANO557eT4 ) Can't tell, the glare bouncing off the edge of the tek hole behind it is blocking most of it  : /

Edited by ArkTheorist123

"Verifying Simulation Stability".

I think those weird images of different lands prove that this is some sort of portal or ARK viewing device. Also notice how the different locations shown are green, blue, and red, the same colors flashing around the timer as well as the colors of the obelisks. The emblems flashing around look like a skull and crossbones, a snowflake, and then what looks like a flame or some corruption and then a candle. Do these emblems have to do with the titans, the bosses, the ARKs, or what? Also, the newest edition of the community crunch is called "The Visitor"   :0

2 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

"Verifying Simulation Stability".

I think those weird images of different lands prove that this is some sort of portal or ARK viewing device. Also notice how the different locations shown are green, blue, and red, the same colors flashing around the timer as well as the colors of the obelisks. The emblems flashing around look like a skull and crossbones, a snowflake, and then what looks like a flame or some corruption and then a candle. Do these emblems have to do with the titans, the bosses, the ARKs, or what? Also, the newest edition of the community crunch is called "The Visitor"   :0

I'm pretty sure that those Emblems are the different Biome types. The first one has to do with water, so I am assuming that there will be a water biome/ocean. For the green one, that might be a Biotoxic/Radioactive biome, like in that Redwood cave on The Island or the Red Zone in Aberration. The Snowflake: snow/winter biome. Pretty self-explanatory, if you ask me. And then there is the fire emblem. For that one, we have seen Scorched Earth and its Scar (Wyvern Trench), and we have seen so many lava-based caves including the Tek Cave, and the volcanos.

I have also wondered why each ARK has different... unique weather patterns to them. The Island is more stable when it comes to weather, Scorched Earth has thunderstorms/sandstorms/super heatwaves. Aberration has not only earthquakes but also shifting day/night cycles (going from 10/90 to 50/50 to 90/10, and then starting over again). Each time WC released something with such unique weather types, I wondered if they were simply testing them and seeing how they can be implemented into the next DLC. However, now that I think back on it, it could be that the reason why they didn't move the shifting weathers and day/night cycles is because that could be what the individual ARKs were doing: running diagnostics tests to see how they can get Earth to rotate again, and until then artificially creating these world-wide weather events until the rotation is re-stabilized.

Though... it could also be something completely different, and none of these things will happen on the restoration of Earth.

Ok, this is pretty big edit. If you move the projection to the top where the beam was coming from, you will see flashes of different biomes that are associatied (pardon if I misspelled that) with the symbols: Water, Poison, Snow, Fire. So we are given glimpses into the new biomes that we can go to.

Edited by Sosinchen
  • Like 2