How to *see* mutation-levels without mods

Eleusius

Hello all,

if I start breeding I have understood the basic process. However I haven't been able to see mutation-levels on any dino, yet. I'm playing on my own server, but since I've the Epic-Version I cannot use any mods. So what do you use to "see" the mutations on your dinos?

Also... some people suggest you start with the lowest level no mutation dinos and some suggest you start with "optimum stats" dinos, which can be searched in the wild by comparing the stats of an unconscious (ready-to-tame) dino with dododex. That's kind of a contradiction. Can anyone clear that up?

Thanks!

Eleusius.

I suggest you just name all the babies with their mutations. You need to know and understand the stats on your unmutated original creatures.

Its easiest to use a website or app that converts stats as percentage to stats as points. Since each stat is 2 points. Or alternatively use the stat calculator website to get started and create yourself an excel file (or other spreadsheet) with the info you need in percentages that you directly see in game.

1 hour ago, Eleusius said:

Hello all, If I start breeding I have understood the basic process. However I haven't been able to see mutation-levels on any dino, yet. I'm playing on my own server, but since I've the Epic-Version I cannot use any mods. So what do you use to "see" the mutations on your dinos? Also... some people suggest you start with the lowest level no mutation dinos and some suggest you start with "optimum stats" dinos, which can be searched in the wild by comparing the stats of an unconscious (ready-to-tame) dino with dododex. That's kind of a contradiction. Can anyone clear that up? Thanks! Eleusius.

Its a pain, but here is how I do it.....first, find the highest level tamable dino of your choice......theri, rex, spino, ect. ect….Next, knock them out, then finally when the coast is clear and all is safe, check their stats.....this is the only time you can confirm whether or not the dino has the stats you want in the area you you wish to have them in....Extra points in melee, health, stamina, ect. ect.
You can check the dododex to help confirm if those extra points have been put into the area's you want them in. Its kinda a bummer, but currently its all I know of.

If there are extra points in those area's, then that means that dino is a good candidate to breed...….If you are looking for a good boss fighter, health trumps melee, but if you breed high health dino with a high melee dino, you can get both of those stats to make a solid boss fighter, and that's before any extra level ups.

When it comes to mutations, its really a roll of the dice on what you get....that extra mutation can go into anything. Oxygen, weight, food.....its hard to keep track of, but if you get a solid pair of breeders with exact stats as one another, its easier to see the difference between parent and child. However if both parents are the exact same level as well, then the child with the mutated stat will be a higher lvl and will be easier to determine if its got something extra.

Lastly, sadly an inbreeding program is best to see any mutations and to carry them onwards. You start with two wilds, breed until you have a parental replacement with the stats you desire for either male or female, then move on to replace the other parent with the stats you require......once both parents have been replaced with children who carry the stats you want, continue breeding them both until you have a offspring with a stat that's different from its parents. If you wish to keep that mutation, simply replace its parent and breed it.

Good luck!

P.s. If you find you wish to breed a dino, {wild, tamed, or child} do not level them up. This way as they breed, you can see the stats that their children should be born with and compare to see if the child has a mutation. Either that, or toss it into a useless category.....weight, oxygen, food......this way they can still carry a purpose without nagging you to level them up.

1 hour ago, Eleusius said:

Also... some people suggest you start with the lowest level no mutation dinos and some suggest you start with "optimum stats" dinos, which can be searched in the wild by comparing the stats of an unconscious (ready-to-tame) dino with dododex. That's kind of a contradiction. Can anyone clear that up?

You want to have high stat. That's why you should try to start stacking mutations from this stat already being as high as possible.

Anything related to low stats is probably people talking about a way to keep your dino below 377 at hatch. Since you want to be able to use all 73 levelups and dinos above 450 will be removed on officials.

Simplified abstract example - if you want to have 377 points in hp on hatch, you need to have 0 in every other stat.

Use Ark Smart Breeding to extract points from values in stats. That's it. Mutations are just stats and it is easier to deal with stats using points instead of values.
You don't need to "see mutations" or anything obscure like that. If you want super hp and you see babiy hp higher than what parents have - keep it, otherwise - get rid of it.

Thanks guys.

I guess that's the best I can do for now. In the videos I've watched on the topic, people often had tools to see the stat-mutations directly, but for all I know, those are mods and thus unavailable. I hope I can get started with this thing, since albeit tedious beind reckoning, it also seems like fun when you manage to get into the direction you want to. Also some cool colours are awesome (at least sometimes).

Have fun!

Eleusius.

22 minutes ago, Eleusius said:

Thanks guys.

I guess that's the best I can do for now. In the videos I've watched on the topic, people often had tools to see the stat-mutations directly, but for all I know, those are mods and thus unavailable. I hope I can get started with this thing, since albeit tedious beind reckoning, it also seems like fun when you manage to get into the direction you want to. Also some cool colours are awesome (at least sometimes).

Have fun!

Eleusius.

Spreadsheet or just writing on paper is a good way to get started. Ark smart breeding program is useful too. But name your creatures based on stats for managing them in-game.

16 hours ago, Eleusius said:

Thanks guys.

Have fun!

Eleusius.

ark smart breeding.  It's an application, it can read files put out by the game.  I'd assume the epic one could do it too.  If you pull up the wheel menu on an animal and go to options, there should be an 'export dino' option.  click that.

then you find the folder it saves that file to.  Point ASB to that folder and it will read the files that come out of the game and tell you all the things you didn't know about your animals.  The game doesn't actually track mutations as far as what mutates.  But if you use that program you can figure out what changed.

If you can't export the dino data like we can, you can manually type in the values you see on the screen and the program may be able to extract the basic stat info from that.  Colors you will sadly be left guessing.  Only the export file option gets you accurate info there.

Archived