Can't claim veins on extinction?? Please fix!

I dont and wont do veins because of the ability for other players to harvest them.
And because protecting veins is too stressful for me.

I've given up expecting Wildcard to fix anything that's been broken....
And surprised and grateful if they ever do manage to fix something like this.

Other players shouldnt be able to harvest someone else's vein on PvE....
I'm not surprised if Wildcard hasnt found the code to prevent other players from harvesting someone else's vein.

My sympathies/empathy express feelings for your lost time and effort.

Edited by GreenRoc
  • Thanks 1

Hey i just figured out you have to hold triangle and it does a little timer thing for a couple seconds. Then the "Claim vein" goes away not sure if it can still be harvested other players, but at least it does that. 

I was just tapping triangle, which wasn't doing anything, the claim message stayed, did ya'll hold triangle? 

There is a claim mechanism that comes up after it initiates.   I’ve not actually experienced the problem ,  but my assumption is the claiming doesn’t lock the vein to your tribe as many people people I know have said other players would come up and start harvesting after they did all the work.

Edited by GrumpyBear
  • Volunteer Moderator
Just now, GrumpyBear said:

There is a claim mechanism that comes up after it initiates.   I’ve not actually experienced the problem ,  but my assumption is the claiming doesn’t lock the vein to your tribe as many people people I know have said other players would come up and start harvesting after they did all the work.

I believe it does prevent others from harvesting it, but I've seen reports from players saying the main vein can be manually demolished by anyone which destroy all of them in the process or something like that. Perhaps this is such trolling they experienced?