Mutations query

AWildMorgan

So I have some megatheriums at lvl 230 when i am breeding for mutations I have now got a male with 2 mutations in melee and 1 in hp so i have a lvl 236 mega do I keep breeding to get lvl 238 males or what, i am getting confused because i seem to be getting less and less mutations since i am relying on getting a mutation and all the previous ones carrying across. or should I have one line for melee mutations and one for HP?

can someone explain please

2 minutes ago, Feared said:

Having one line for HP and one for Melee is better however is more time consuming because u need more mutations. And you may have to get low level stats like oxygen to crossbreed onto your mutated dinos so you dont get any wasted points

Im not worried about hitting level cap im kinda far from hitting that, I just dont seem to be getting any that are lvl 238 i can tell that i am getting mutations because some are coming out different colours but not adding to my current mutations it seems like the chances arent in my favour and i want to get to 10 hp 10 melee mutations but the chances dont seem like that will happen if i cant even get a 238

1 hour ago, AWildMorgan said:

So I have some megatheriums at lvl 230 when i am breeding for mutations I have now got a male with 2 mutations in melee and 1 in hp so i have a lvl 236 mega do I keep breeding to get lvl 238 males or what, i am getting confused because i seem to be getting less and less mutations since i am relying on getting a mutation and all the previous ones carrying across. or should I have one line for melee mutations and one for HP?

can someone explain please

watch this my friend, it will help you alot.

but to put it simply.

find the lowest lvl possible creature you need on ur server, so if its 5x, lvl 5, then, tame it, however, you wanna hit it till its effectiveness is 0% then breed the oxygen of that creatures into the final mutation breeders. if you want to go crazy with muts, have a group for each stat, so the melee group would have 5 females and 1 male, all with identical stats. then you want to end up with a male with a melee mutation, if you end up getting a female, you can do 2 things, breed it with a male till ya get a male offspring with that stat. or kill it. this can also be done to remove a colour you dont want passed down, say you bed a yellow body but dont want it passed down. you can breed the yellow bodies melee mut with the opposite of its gender, again, having all the same stats aside from the mutated stat, and keep breeding till you have the stat mut with no colour mut. do this with other stat groups, like health and stam. once you have a mutated male, replace the current male with the mutated one. a stat mutation is essentially 2 stat level ups, hence why a mutation adds 2 extra lvls. so if you have lvl 230 megas as ur clean non mutated breeders, than a mutation is gonna be lvl 232, 2 muts would be 234 and so on. now the issue with stacking mutations is the more mutations you have on the male being passed down, the hard it is to get the full stack of mutations on the male to all pass down along with a new mutation, then add in the factor that the mutation may not be what you wanted. this can make continuously stacking mutations daunting. one thing i am asked when explaining mutations is can you combine mutations offspring inherite from the same parent. my answer, no. now when you check the mutation count it may say 2/20. but this is not true. if you breed say a 232 male and a 232 female who have the same mutated dad who was also 232, and both the offspring got their mutation from their dad, the 2 mutations cant be stacked to make a 234. so dont try doing this. 

if you have any other questions feel free to ask me.

8 hours ago, AWildMorgan said:

Im not worried about hitting level cap im kinda far from hitting that, I just dont seem to be getting any that are lvl 238 i can tell that i am getting mutations because some are coming out different colours but not adding to my current mutations it seems like the chances arent in my favour and i want to get to 10 hp 10 melee mutations but the chances dont seem like that will happen if i cant even get a 238

so i should have probably mentioned this before, its not guaranteed the offspring inherit the parents mutations, also, an offspring can result in getting a new mutation while not inheriting the parents mutation, you can also have an offspring inherit say 4 of the 5 melee mutations from the dad, then gain a new random mutation. also if you are going for the 20 mutations cap thin because its the max allowed, there is a way to avoid this. its shown in the video and i always forget which side exactly you have to transfer them to, but you can stack one of the ternal mutation sides onto the other so say you have 20 maternal and 20 paternal mutations, you can transfer one of the sides to the other, this is a one way process, so its cant be done to the other side, i believe its done by breeding mutations from the father into a female offspring. the video clears it up very well.

4 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

IT's a law of #s game.  You will probalby get some sort of mutation every round w/ 30 breeders.  You are more likely to get the mutation you want in 1 or 2 tries w/ 100 breeders.

this may be considered cheating, but when you play single player and the game running while offline is not an option, i tend to use slomo and players only with egg layers, it does not work well with live births for obvious reasons. this tends to always land me a stat mut i am looking for. but yes. i tend to have 50 females and how ever many males is required to get all the fems breeding, depending on dino size. i can usually allocate 5 fems per male. this is each stat group. i'll try and find a screen shot i took when breeding gigas. it was a complete and total utter cluster f*ck.

5 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

this may be considered cheating, but when you play single player and the game running while offline is not an option, i tend to use slomo and players only with egg layers, it does not work well with live births for obvious reasons. this tends to always land me a stat mut i am looking for. but yes. i tend to have 50 females and how ever many males is required to get all the fems breeding, depending on dino size. i can usually allocate 5 fems per male. this is each stat group. i'll try and find a screen shot i took when breeding gigas. it was a complete and total utter cluster f*ck.

6 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

so i should have probably mentioned this before, its not guaranteed the offspring inherit the parents mutations, also, an offspring can result in getting a new mutation while not inheriting the parents mutation, you can also have an offspring inherit say 4 of the 5 melee mutations from the dad, then gain a new random mutation. also if you are going for the 20 mutations cap thin because its the max allowed, there is a way to avoid this. its shown in the video and i always forget which side exactly you have to transfer them to, but you can stack one of the ternal mutation sides onto the other so say you have 20 maternal and 20 paternal mutations, you can transfer one of the sides to the other, this is a one way process, so its cant be done to the other side, i believe its done by breeding mutations from the father into a female offspring. the video clears it up very well.

12 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

watch this my friend, it will help you alot.

but to put it simply.

find the lowest lvl possible creature you need on ur server, so if its 5x, lvl 5, then, tame it, however, you wanna hit it till its effectiveness is 0% then breed the oxygen of that creatures into the final mutation breeders. if you want to go crazy with muts, have a group for each stat, so the melee group would have 5 females and 1 male, all with identical stats. then you want to end up with a male with a melee mutation, if you end up getting a female, you can do 2 things, breed it with a male till ya get a male offspring with that stat. or kill it. this can also be done to remove a colour you dont want passed down, say you bed a yellow body but dont want it passed down. you can breed the yellow bodies melee mut with the opposite of its gender, again, having all the same stats aside from the mutated stat, and keep breeding till you have the stat mut with no colour mut. do this with other stat groups, like health and stam. once you have a mutated male, replace the current male with the mutated one. a stat mutation is essentially 2 stat level ups, hence why a mutation adds 2 extra lvls. so if you have lvl 230 megas as ur clean non mutated breeders, than a mutation is gonna be lvl 232, 2 muts would be 234 and so on. now the issue with stacking mutations is the more mutations you have on the male being passed down, the hard it is to get the full stack of mutations on the male to all pass down along with a new mutation, then add in the factor that the mutation may not be what you wanted. this can make continuously stacking mutations daunting. one thing i am asked when explaining mutations is can you combine mutations offspring inherite from the same parent. my answer, no. now when you check the mutation count it may say 2/20. but this is not true. if you breed say a 232 male and a 232 female who have the same mutated dad who was also 232, and both the offspring got their mutation from their dad, the 2 mutations cant be stacked to make a 234. so dont try doing this. 

if you have any other questions feel free to ask me.

This is great answered exactly what i needed to know, so basically i just need chance to be on my side for all mutations to pass down and for a new one to develop

9 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

This idea is a common misconception, where people think if they move all the coutns over to the matrilineal side on a stud or move the counts over to the patrilineal side on the breeders, that they have washed the counts out.  This is not true.  The system checks the sum total of both parents counts and adds them together.  so zero+100 is still 100/20 and still cannot supply a mutation.

The only way to escape the limitation after reaching 20 is to go negative.  Which is just a matter of time and effort, it's not that complicated.

6 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

This idea is a common misconception, where people think if they move all the coutns over to the matrilineal side on a stud or move the counts over to the patrilineal side on the breeders, that they have washed the counts out.  This is not true.  The system checks the sum total of both parents counts and adds them together.  so zero+100 is still 100/20 and still cannot supply a mutation.

The only way to escape the limitation after reaching 20 is to go negative.  Which is just a matter of time and effort, it's not that complicated.

hmm, i use syntacs method and it seems to work fine. thx for the new info tho, gonna add it into my breeding journal.

10 hours ago, AWildMorgan said:

This is great answered exactly what i needed to know, so basically i just need chance to be on my side for all mutations to pass down and for a new one to develop

np, always love helping out fellow breeders. yes it is a very tedious task and can be very dependent on luck, but its worth all the time.

I tried the whole moving the counts over while I was working on ab ankys and ab spinos for quite some time.  I didn't really see much of an improvement from just using breeders who had less than 20 mutations and a stud who could have a count on either side.  No matter what, the muts always came from the females.   Once I rolled the counters, then it mutated like it was 0/20 0/20 again.

Archived