how do i get a leech off my face?

Traldimans

the leech on your face is kinda an indicator that there is a leech either on you or your tamed dino…..if you have multiple dino's check them all for the "hold button to remove leech" indicator.....best hurry as it can kill them if left alone.
If its on you, either die and respawn, or jump into a campfire briefly...

In all honesty, I feel like the jumping in fire thing is kinda dumb.....Allways felt like you should be able to use something like  spark powder to kill them due to a chemical  burn or something

25 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

In all honesty, I feel like the jumping in fire thing is kinda dumb.

I used to think it was fine. Then I got leeched on a heavily pillared server. By the time I found a place where I could place the campfire, I was already too wounded to jump into it. So I second the sparkpowder thing - much better for such situations.

3 minutes ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

I used to think it was fine. Then I got leeched on a heavily pillared server. By the time I found a place where I could place the campfire, I was already too wounded to jump into it. So I second the sparkpowder thing - much better for such situations.

Its funny you mentioned that, someone built a mega base right outside of the swamp cave and I had the same issue once.....Had to drain nearly all my health potions to try and find a place just to sit a camp fire down.....was quite annoying.

6 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Its funny you mentioned that, someone built a mega base right outside of the swamp cave and I had the same issue once.....Had to drain nearly all my health potions to try and find a place just to sit a camp fire down.....was quite annoying.

My pillar leech death happened on Crystal Isles. And it was special: beautiful glowing wyverns flying in the blue skies, ocean was beautiful, flowers were blooming, not a predator in sight... And among all or that me. Dying.

1 minute ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

My pillar leech death happened on Crystal Isles. And it was special: beautiful glowing wyverns flying in the blue skies, ocean was beautiful, flowers were blooming, not a predator in sight... And among all or that me. Dying.

Lmao, yeah, nothing like a hooman running for his life and screaming bloody caveman lingo with a four foot leach sucking all the life from him to disrupt some beautiful moments. XD

8 hours ago, wizard03 said:

the leech on your face is kinda an indicator that there is a leech either on you or your tamed dino…..if you have multiple dino's check them all for the "hold button to remove leech" indicator.....best hurry as it can kill them if left alone.
If its on you, either die and respawn, or jump into a campfire briefly...

In all honesty, I feel like the jumping in fire thing is kinda dumb.....Allways felt like you should be able to use something like  spark powder to kill them due to a chemical  burn or something

Or salt lol

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

Or a torch. It makes more sense anyway, to apply the heat directly to the leech instead of to you feet regardless of where the leech is.

Torch would make more sense. Have a buddy hit you in the face with it to remove the leech.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Jerryn said:

Please note that all of the suggestions listed here should only be tried in the game.

In real life, if you have a leech stuck to your face, seek medical attention.

:D

But if you do have a leech and use a torch to the face in real life to remove it... send me the video...

5 hours ago, LEDminer said:

I think tamed leeches should be usable for medicinal purposes... They are still used in modern days, so why not give them the ability to remove diseases from you?

Sidenote: ARK wiki says griffins can remove leeches, has anyone tested this?

I heard about the leech thing with griffins, never tried it. It's probably in their radial menu somewhere.

Also, anyone who can't get a leech off, check any mount that you might have ridden in leech county. The leech goes on your face even if it's technically on a dino.

Archived