Windows 10 Spawning Config

Windows 10 Spawning Config

Hello people of the ark, I have a question. So I run a Dedicated Server on my PC, and My friend and I play on that dedicated server from our xbox's and we are playing on Crystal Isles.

I want Extinction creatures to spawn on are world, but I dont know if you can even do that on the Window's 10 version of ark. If you can, can someone help me do it (Telling me what code stuff I have to do and where)? Thanks, and please remember its NOT on the steam version.

Using file explorer... 

1. Navigate to C:\Users\{your_username}

2. Open the 'view' menu and ensure "Hidden Items" is checked, you will now see a folder called 'appdata'

3. Navigate to C:\Users\{your_username}\AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.RANDOMLETTERSANDNUMBERS\LocalState\Saved\UWPConfig\UWP

4. Open 'Game.ini', i strongly recommend using 'notepad++' for this: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

5. At the top of the file (before [ShooterGameMode_Options]), insert a new line and enter the following: [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]

6. Underneath this new line is where you'll enter your spawn commands, you need to know two things to create a spawn: 

- The creature class name: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Creature_IDs

- The spawn class name: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Entries#Crystal_Isles

The command to create a spawn is:

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="SPAWNCLASSNAME",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="TYPEANYTHINGHERE",EntryWeight=DOUBLEVALUE,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("CREATURECLASSNAME"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="CREATURECLASSNAME", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=DOUBLEVALUE)))

EntryWeight = chances of chosen creature to spawn, 1.0 = will always spawn, 0.01 = very rare to spawn 

MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow = Percentage of the spawn that can be taken up by this creature, 1.0 = this spawn can consist of only this creature, 0.01 = 1% of this spawn can be taken up by this creature

(After much testing i can confirm that there is no point setting a value lower that 0.01 for these settings)

Here are two examples from my config for Genesis: 

Inserting one dino into a spawn... (if you have multiple of this command for the same spawn none of the creatures that you've added for that spawn will spawn!) 

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="Gen1_Bog_Springs_DinoSpawnEntries",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Velona",EntryWeight=0.1,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Spindles_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Spindles_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))

Inserting multiple dinos into a spawn...
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="Gen1_Bog_Forest_DinoSpawnEntries",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="TropicalWyvern",EntryWeight=0.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("CrystalWyvern_Character_BP_WS_C")),(AnEntryName="Tropeognathus",EntryWeight=0.1,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Tropeognathus_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="Gacha",EntryWeight=0.5,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Gacha_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="CrystalWyvern_Character_BP_WS_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01),(NPCClassString="Tropeognathus_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05),(NPCClassString="Gacha_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))

Full example:

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="Gen1_Bog_Springs_DinoSpawnEntries",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Velona",EntryWeight=0.1,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Spindles_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Spindles_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))

[ShooterGameMode_Options]

Good luck!

Archived