Community Crunch 237: TLC 3, Live Game Update, EVO Event and More!

StudioWildcard

2 hours ago, Flypside said:

Well this will be dumbest tlc yet, wildcard keeps going backwards since the horrible release of genesis which was worst map ever made. Quetzel desperately needs help not dumb mammoth or maybe trike, sabertooth. So many dinos need fixing but yet they pick 1 dino thats perfectly ok. If wildcard really cared they fix 1 thing thats plauged game since the beginning, better building, more options, etc... now that id support.

It's not going to be just the mammoth, they intend to follow the same path as the last two TLC's

19 hours ago, FeliyTybi said:

Finally Big Good News, I love you guys. I can't wait to see the new skin of Carno and Plesio

I don’t believe they announced plesio getting an TLC or carno, this artical confirms mammoth and the other 1 dino is so far untold or decided, I personly hope it’s the Megaladon 

15 hours ago, Castlerock said:

Mammoths alr have a ground stomp, just right click, it got decent aoe and knockback also.

Cool did not know that I’ve only used a mammoth once..

14 hours ago, RIAHEL said:

Simplemente genial, wilcard muchas gracias por el cariño que le tienen a este juego, no quiero quejarme cuando veo que ustedes ponen el mayor esfuerzo por el bien de la comunidad. Solo quiero pedirles revisar el single player, ya que hay un error en la regeneración de recursos, hay casos en los cuales los recursos simplemente no vuelven a aparecer h en algunos casos el spawn de dinosaurios. Feliz día.

Is this an English form or multi language I forgot... if not umm pls use google translate I’m sure I would love to hear your opinion 

13 hours ago, icsunonove said:

The Double Breeding EVO EVENT doesent work at the Primitive+ server - WHY ?? ?

I didn’t know any prim+ servers still worked...

6 hours ago, mgsgta3 said:

Woo. quetz, and megalodon need to be made un-useless again! 

Yes I hope meg more, I wish WC had done 5 creatures, spread the love, but I’m fairly sure they are working on a lot of surprises And know things such as gen 2 QOL patch, maybe even Ark 2...

3 hours ago, Flypside said:

Well this will be dumbest tlc yet, wildcard keeps going backwards since the horrible release of genesis which was worst map ever made. Quetzel desperately needs help not dumb mammoth or maybe trike, sabertooth. So many dinos need fixing but yet they pick 1 dino thats perfectly ok. If wildcard really cared they fix 1 thing thats plauged game since the beginning, better building, more options, etc... now that id support.

Your first opinion is very debatable depending on your view, I probably agree with it, just because that isn’t exactly the play style I want, but the creatures are amazing... Quetzal May need help, but honestly cyros and the skiff pretty much work just as well, mammoth just does noting rn, u just do not know because you do not use it cus it is useless, all it can do really is gather wood. Trike already had a TLC that gave it the ram and large predator buff, (I do think it could have some stat buffs tho, lots of things are worse than para)saber tooth is the best hide gatherer in the game and is not meant to be usefull late  game, it’s an early game dino. Yes many dinos do need fixing but they are working on a lot right now and are choosing 2 dinos. And about building there have been updates to it, this is more they could do, yes, but it works fairly well now, not perfet but well.

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I would like to see this as well. I haven't touched a quetz since the speed reduction. Just too damn slow to be usable for anything anymore.

Yes and replaced by other things, cyros and skiffs 

On 9/11/2020 at 3:39 PM, ScuzzyUUK said:

2x BREEDING EVO'S!!!!PLEASE MAKE THESE THE NORMAL WEEKEND! THANK YOU SO MUCH WILDCARD!! THIS IS BEST THING EVER, MAMMOTH DRUMS ARE COOL TOO

I wish theyd do a TLC on the seekers from aberration, like not in their appearance but functionality. My thought is that you can now tame them, you do this by sacrificing lantern pets to them, once tamed they can hold on to your back if you dont have a glider suit on, they then will function as a biological glider suit, using a seeker however will cause you to glide slower than normally using a glider suit. They also like you could guess do less damage when around light. I also think nameless should be able to be tamed, they act as troodons, able to sniff out traps and dinos, but once tamed will not go into their enraged buffed alpha form. When aberration came out first I thought that there would be two different types of metas on this map; the players who surround the light and utilize the benefit of it, and players who'd rather fight and live in the dark among the nameless and reapers, able to gain bluffs with EMP grenades, disabling all light sources and charge elements. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Deathstringer21 said:

I wish theyd do a TLC on the seekers from aberration, like not in their appearance but functionality. My thought is that you can now tame them, you do this by sacrificing lantern pets to them, once tamed they can hold on to your back if you dont have a glider suit on, they then will function as a biological glider suit, using a seeker however will cause you to glide slower than normally using a glider suit. They also like you could guess do less damage when around light. I also think nameless should be able to be tamed, they act as troodons, able to sniff out traps and dinos, but once tamed will not go into their enraged buffed alpha form. When aberration came out first I thought that there would be two different types of metas on this map; the players who surround the light and utilize the benefit of it, and players who'd rather fight and live in the dark among the nameless and reapers, able to gain bluffs with EMP grenades, disabling all light sources and charge elements. 

This  is actually a really cool idea! I think it will be awhile before they do any TLC for aberration creatures unfortunately though.

If the new reworked Mammoth is not able to pick up everything a argy can I will be disappointed. It should be able to pick things up with it's trunk, you know like an elephant.  It looks good so my hopes are up. please wildcard let me use my pistol and all 1 handed weapons at the same time. Boomerang, pistols. 

awesome, now you need to add an Atlatl given they were used by paleo indians to hunt megafauna like the mammoth where which a bow is least effective - spears were interpersonal defense and the atlatl was the actual hunting tool.

De Soto and his men were more fearful of the red man's "spear throwing sticks" aka atlatl then the bow.....it is mentioned by de soto that atlatl arrows would/could/did pierce plate/sheet armor - Flak armor, ultimately causing the Spanish to forgo venturing further into the americas and turning for home......

as a proud descendant of Chief Monack, Principal chief of the Monacan Nation - who in 1494 was told by an oracle from Fort Ancient - Ohio hopewell - mound builders - "to seek the door way between the mountains" - Natural Bridge Va in response to Spanish diseases sweeping the country much like covid today and the world, if not for the oracle effectively telling Chief Monack to Quarantine - social distance from the main stock - there would be nor I and or any Monacan today......
Mishipeshu ( underwater panther) Lives     

Nice!  Liking the crunch!  The mammoth is in definite need of a TLC.  It would be awesome if they considered the quetz the other animal.  Those 2 have looked the same since the beginning.  I love my quetzs, but would love to see them king of the skies again.  Not to take away anything from the water dinos because they need one as well, but the land dinos are mostly what’s used. 

Mods are kinda touch and go, yeah it would be awesome for all mods to come to console but man that is A LOT of memory space and I’m sure there’s a ton of legistics involved.  It would be nice to get more of the S+ mod integrated into the core game.  Not all, some of the items in S+ would take a lot of the fun out of some aspects of the game that make Ark what it is and why we all play it.  I like the crunch guys thank you and keep up the good work!

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 10:04 AM, Lailyna said:

The point they were trying to make is that it isn't the fact that consoles don't allow mods. Obviously, they do, since those 2 games (possibly others) have mod support. 

It's up to the developer (and the modding community in the long run) to get mods to consoles. While yes, consoles couldn't have everything the PC community has mod-wise, some QoL mods are better than none.

The fact is a couple of games do not show it is possible. Mods cause pc to crash sometime. The console is different than pc. The coding is different and wildcard has stated before that the console companys has to allow mods. Which they won't because people would contact them about mod problems. Skyrim and fallout are huge games. So it is worth it for them to invest money to pay a support staff for mods. We know that won't happen to a game at the end of it's life.

• Volunteer Moderator

Halo 5
Fallout 4
The Elder Scrolls V
Surviving Mars
Cities: Skylines

All have mods. Work fine.

"What Microsoft is reportedly considering is a system-wide mod platform that would allow developers to more easily utilize Xbox One mods without having to create a mod system of their own. It would also theoretically allow for users to more easily find mods once developers have implemented support for them using this new system."

Edited by Joebl0w13

For some, this weekend was ruined. For the third day on the cluster, cheaters kill everyone through textures, and the developers do not react in any way. Excellent performance, 2x reproduction and maturation ... But not for us. Not this weekend. And, perhaps, many will no longer play this game.

Thanks to the developers for their timely response to hundreds of complaints. (Sarcasm)

On 9/12/2020 at 7:24 PM, Zinzia said:

This  is actually a really cool idea! I think it will be awhile before they do any TLC for aberration creatures unfortunately though.

Yeah I know, and I was disappointed when aberration first came out, like I said in my post I really wanted those two different metals to be prevalent and a viable option. I hate what ark has become, every server has become a race for gigs, brontos, reapers, wyverns, space whales, and velanosaurs. I wanted each map to not only behave in a specific way ,i.e. how scorched earth implemented the whole desert armor or you will lose your vision, or how radiation, and earthquakes are a threat in aberration. But I wish that each map had a unique meta of it's own, a meta that would urge players to try each one out to see how they like it. For instance, studio wildcard could add specific recipes for each map ( I know that they already do this but hear me out ) on the island, the center, ragnorock, and crystal isles make siege weapons a structure. Weapons like trebuchets and mobile catapults. Make biological warfare a viable option with rotting corpses launched over walls to spread diseases to players and tames alike. For scorched earth remove the wyverns entirely. And replace them with a creature like the basilisk, that can tunnel through the ground rather than fly above it, add a giant desert scorpion that can be built on and that speeds up the spoilage of meat. Add a desert tarantula that can climb up walls and spray poison from its fangs. Add a harvestmen the size of a brontosaurus ( harvestmen are daddy long legs for those who dont know) that can drape a leg over a wall to act as a living siege tower, allowing players to climb up, or down its leg. Add creatures that have a specific role but dont outshine other creatures. When I got ark for the first time and saw the original trailer, i believed that I would have one of every creature because every creature does a unique and helpful thing. I was very disappointed when I started playing though and I admit wildcard have been suprising me with new unique creatures that do unique things but it still doesn't give me that sense of completion and that survivalistic game I thought it would be, I wish ark was the game depicted within the dossiers of all of the creatures.

This gets me exited! Sadly, I seem to be bored of the game lately. I'll play for a day, reset my progress, edit my rates and repeat. Just a tad boring early game... I'm actually gonna bore myself out with Minecraft for a few weeks, and then come back once I miss the game. Doesn't mean that I won't follow it's progress. Also, in my opinion, a TLC for the cave creatures should become a thing in the future. Looks amazing Wildcard, and I'm really happy to see that dang mammoth! Keep up this good work streak!

On 9/11/2020 at 4:02 PM, Dinobros2000 said:

Also I hope meg is the other one, personally I think it really needs it and carno recently got a QOL that for me made it a lot more useful anyway. Thx. Also amazing artwork and creations to all Fanart makers it is really good.

The Carno still needs an update IMO, looks and feels so out of place.