Code of Conduct Revisions

LordMightyMax

Suggestion

Code of Conduct Revisions

Are there any official channels for petitioning for revisions to the CoC? 

I ask because we have a rather constant issue with people popping onto servers and walling off artifact caves. Then they go back to their primary server and only return to reset the decay timers. I've been told that this currently is not against anything in the CoC, but it seems like it is an analogous situation to people using ORP to hide behind alt tribe structures. In any practical context, these are effectively alt tribes that are actively abusing the ORP rules to benefit their primary tribe. Just because they aren't hiding anything behind it doesn't mean it doesn't give them a strategic advantage when it comes to cluster PVP.

They should also consider that the end result here is a very PVE-like experience where someone can block content and players have no practical recourse to remove it. I'd love to hear someone explain to me how we're supposed to catch people that are in and out in 15 minutes or less when it can happen randomly at any point within 16 day time frame. 

6 replies to this server topic

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, LordMightyMax said:

We have a rather constant issue with people popping onto servers and walling off artifact caves. Then they go back to their primary server and only return to reset the decay timers. I've been told that this currently is not against anything in the CoC

This is an issue with the CoC on PVE servers. Reportable and actionable.

PVP? It's the wild west.

I get that general notion, but I don't see how this doesn't fall into the category of "griefing." There are other provisions that they are willing to apply to the PVP experience, so it isn't completely the wild west as it stands. I think they ultimately want the experience to be competitive, but I don't see the competitive angle here. It really is just petty. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, LordMightyMax said:

I get that general notion, but I don't see how this doesn't fall into the category of "griefing." There are other provisions that they are willing to apply to the PVP experience, so it isn't completely the wild west as it stands. I think they ultimately want the experience to be competitive, but I don't see the competitive angle here. It really is just petty. 

In PVP, as long as you aren't exploiting the game, it's fair game. There really are no rules for griefing on the PVP servers save for spawn blocking or teaming on Small Tribes.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, LordMightyMax said:

The CoC already has an ORP provision that deals with alt tribes. How is that any different of an abuse than this? There are apparently multiple tribes with spam in there, but none of them play on the map.

I'll agree ORP is a mess.

Archived