Element, Element and did I say Element?

Rio4201

Element, Element and did I say Element?

Here's the issue:

Element is required to run things like Tek Generators, Tek Teleporters, to build Tek equipment and gear.  The yield on farming Element Shards is too low, it takes a huge amount of time to bring home even 5,000 shards which translates to 50 Element. Most of us would have logically deduced that when the transfers opened, that our better Ankies, Mantis with a Pick, or a Mining Drill would have yielded a better amount.  Sadly, they do not. 

Here are my points:

1.  We cannot transfer Element in PvE to other maps. This sucks in itself, but add the significant amount of risk involved in doing so and losing your character and you have nothing but a train wreck.

2.  The charge node element crafting is plain and simply a bad design. Nobody has a problem getting the materials to craft the element, but unscrupulous players steal the batteries out of the nodes making the whole effort useless. 

3. Element Shard yield is dismal, 4 shards per node? Seriously?   

4. Why isn't the mining drill capable of farming Element Shards?? Isn't this your newest toy? You've seen how the shards are set up along sheer cliff faces right?  I mean sure, we could risk tractor beaming an anky or magmasaur up to those locations, but the skiffs are glitchy, the animals can clip into something and fall, and die instantly on impact.  Add lag to that and you could be ramming the skiff into the side of the mountain while simultaneously dropping the animal and killing it, costing even more time and aggravation, not to mention losing whatever you were farming due to the quick decay timers. 

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I know my wife and I wanted to make Crystal Isles our home, our base of operations for breeding/raising and to settle in, but if the life blood is not there for  keeping our base operational (Tek Generators), then whats the point? I don't mean to sound cold or ungrateful, but at the end of the day, nerfing element yield has basically killed any thoughts of staying on the map as a hub for our day to day stuff is a total bust. 

I truly hope someone in the Dev team reads this and a conversation starts, because right now there's a lot of disappointment in how bad the element shard farming is and how much aggravation players are experiencing with the thievery of the nodes.   

I agree mate, I made Crystal Isles as new home, but found that its community isn't as large and strong as on Ragnarok for some reason, so doing bosses to get element is also challenging.... the fact I could mine for shard is great but those nodes on cliffs is just insane... I gota try mine on Quezt platform maybe ? 

Anyway, don't know how I can help with any other idea on top of what you mentioned..

8 hours ago, Khnjar said:

I agree mate, I made Crystal Isles as new home, but found that its community isn't as large and strong as on Ragnarok for some reason, so doing bosses to get element is also challenging.... the fact I could mine for shard is great but those nodes on cliffs is just insane... I gota try mine on Quezt platform maybe ? 

Anyway, don't know how I can help with any other idea on top of what you mentioned..

Thanks for responding, it's really a big issue but these posts have a tendency to get lost in the spam on these forums lol.

You're joking?  The hatchet is getting the shards and not the pick?  We tested this thoroughly and there was literally no change in yield with the pick versus the Ankylo. Grumpbear thank you for the head's up, I just did a small cluster and definitely saw massive improvement, usually this same cluster gives you maybe 400 shards, I'm up to 1k. Why in the world they changed it to the hatchet tho is beyond me, the pick is the traditional method.. 

So to verify, the Doed when we tried it last time didn't pick up shards at all just stone. 

I ran an Anky and it resulted in: 4 shards for small nodes, 8 shards for the medium, and 12 for the larger nodes.

The Mantis with Pick was the same as the anky.

The Mantis with the Ascendant hatchet, 16 - 32 shards on average for most nodes.

Thank you again for the head's up, we were truly just over it at this point with the shard farming, this isn't great but a far cry better than the other way heh.. Still think they need to up the yield a hair tho to make it a little less tedious.

3 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

So to verify, the Doed when we tried it last time didn't pick up shards at all just stone. 

I ran an Anky and it resulted in: 4 shards for small nodes, 8 shards for the medium, and 12 for the larger nodes.

The Mantis with Pick was the same as the anky.

The Mantis with the Ascendant hatchet, 16 - 32 shards on average for most nodes.

Thank you again for the head's up, we were truly just over it at this point with the shard farming, this isn't great but a far cry better than the other way heh.. Still think they need to up the yield a hair tho to make it a little less tedious.

to bad there's no way to tame a mantis right now on crystal isles

I think the devs course corrected too hard after the element debacle on Genesis. We were farming nearly 4k element in 30-35 minutes on genesis there for a while. Still just under half that is doable after the nerfs. 

Crystal Isles feels like a major troll by the devs. 4 shards from a 500 melee anky with imprint bonus. Or 4 shards from a pick. Ridiculous to be the same. And I agree that the batteries are a terrible solution. Add to that there are 11, count them 11, charge stations on Crystal Isles. So now you’re limited to crafting 33 element at a time (really it’s unlimited if you keep going around because it takes so long). But waiting 3 minutes for the batteries to charge just to hit craft is idiotic. And you can’t leave the batteries in because PVE noobs think they’ve struck it rich and take them. We’ve crafted over 700 batteries to date and they still get taken. 

The closest thing to a solution I’ve found is to get lucky and find a charge battery BP and then walk up to a charge bug with it in your hot bar and charge it. Then you can craft endless charged batteries. Again there’s a cost associated, but I’d rather farm those items and leave the dead batteries behind every time. 

26 minutes ago, AwesomeRon said:

I think the devs course corrected too hard after the element debacle on Genesis. We were farming nearly 4k element in 30-35 minutes on genesis there for a while. Still just under half that is doable after the nerfs. 

Crystal Isles feels like a major troll by the devs. 4 shards from a 500 melee anky with imprint bonus. Or 4 shards from a pick. Ridiculous to be the same. And I agree that the batteries are a terrible solution. Add to that there are 11, count them 11, charge stations on Crystal Isles. So now you’re limited to crafting 33 element at a time (really it’s unlimited if you keep going around because it takes so long). But waiting 3 minutes for the batteries to charge just to hit craft is idiotic. And you can’t leave the batteries in because PVE noobs think they’ve struck it rich and take them. We’ve crafted over 700 batteries to date and they still get taken. 

The closest thing to a solution I’ve found is to get lucky and find a charge battery BP and then walk up to a charge bug with it in your hot bar and charge it. Then you can craft endless charged batteries. Again there’s a cost associated, but I’d rather farm those items and leave the dead batteries behind every time. 

I feel ya, the element situation on Crystal Isles is dismal at best, but it isn't impossible, just very very time consuming.  We're slowly building our stores up with it, but it takes a long time, and forget about building in Tek, best have it before you transfer in.  It'll take weeks to get a decent base up and running with the rate of farming.

24 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

I feel ya, the element situation on Crystal Isles is dismal at best, but it isn't impossible, just very very time consuming.  We're slowly building our stores up with it, but it takes a long time, and forget about building in Tek, best have it before you transfer in.  It'll take weeks to get a decent base up and running with the rate of farming.

We’ve crafted around 400 so far. That’s five of us in tribe. I farmed 100 in 4 trips on a wyvern for the rep. The next goal was skiff. We got that yesterday and now we’re crafting it a bit faster. Idiots keep pulling the damn batteries though. So it’s a never ending battle. Plus we’ve had two charge stations built over by another tribe. Luckily a GM took care of it in a couple days, but it really slows you down. 

I hated the charge nodes on aberration. And hate them on crystal isles even more. Gems are insanely easy. Element ore is a medium chore being in the water. Gas balls are super easy. But the batteries...

We have some AB Anky’s with melee up in the 1800+.  We get about 12 shards per crystal.   Dangle him and a friend from a 10k weight Argentavis and you’ll do fine.  Just picked up 2000 in about 20min.  Just learn a good route and it won’t be an issue.  Also you get boatloads of colored gems too.  

On 9/17/2020 at 11:01 AM, campmasta said:

We have some AB Anky’s with melee up in the 1800+.  We get about 12 shards per crystal.   Dangle him and a friend from a 10k weight Argentavis and you’ll do fine.  Just picked up 2000 in about 20min.  Just learn a good route and it won’t be an issue.  Also you get boatloads of colored gems too.  

I took on a 2500 shard challenge and streamed it because we  had players on our server telling others that it takes hours to get those shards. With Mantis and a 250% hatchet, i brought back 2700 shards in 10 minutes.  While the gather rates still kind of sucks, it's doable. just have to make sure it's a hatchet and not a pick the Mantis uses and find the most optimal route for your style of farming. 

• 3 months later...

Archived