I want my stone 2x

GreenRoc

Suggestion

I want my stone 2x

Picking by hand saved me from having to repair my metal pick, since I could pick up stone without wearing down my tools.
I loathe tool durability. One of several reasons why I prefer Pixark's ways: No tool durability.

I liked spending time picking up stone for my stone needs.
It felt very ZEN. I did it yesterday, because my metal pick broke and I was far from home.

I feel pretty cheated with stone not being given permanent 2x.
I still pick up stones on official, and I'm wearing Flak.

I want my hand-picked stone 2x, because I play to feel better, and picking by hand is zen (relaxing) to me.

6 replies to this server topic

• Volunteer Moderator
On 9/9/2020 at 4:07 PM, GreenRoc said:

I'm holding onto hope that a change to apply 2x base rate to stones picked up by hand is still possible.

You will get 2 stones during evo events that double the harvesting just like it always worked. When they doubled the base rates, they turned off the evo event. Basically, nothing changed regarding hand-picking; you only get more during evo events and the fact the base rates have been doubled is irrelevant. The evo event ended, as you can see here.

I'd go crazy picking up more than 20 rocks, just use an axe. Tool durability means nothing if you're actually getting resources, a single pick can collect enough metal for ten more picks and a gun.

Or just use a dino. Rock Elementals, Magmasaurs, Doedicurus, Ankies, Dunkleos, Gacha, Mantis, and Phoenixes can all collect stone better than an axe will. Plus, they're all pretty good mounts and many are staple tames(Pretty sure the only one that isn't tamed often is the Phoenix). 

1 minute ago, GreenRoc said:

I want my stone 2x

Picking by hand saved me from having to repair my metal pick, since I could pick up stone without wearing down my tools.
I loathe tool durability. One of several reasons why I prefer Pixark's ways: No tool durability.

I liked spending time picking up stone for my stone needs.
It felt very ZEN. I did it yesterday, because my metal pick broke and I was far from home.

I feel pretty cheated with stone not being given permanent 2x.
I still pick up stones on official, and I'm wearing Flak.

I want my hand-picked stone 2x, because I play to feel better, and picking by hand is zen (relaxing) to me.

It's at 1x now because 2x is the new 1x. So by default it is 1x (if you were to pick up a stone on 1x and get 2 it would be 2x). You should get a whip if you want to pick up multiple stones and if not, be glad you get a slightly longer zen due to 1x. 

17 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

be glad you get a slightly longer zen due to 1

That's a nice positive spin on the relaxation side of it.

Aside from the relaxation, I use the pickup method to feed my stone needs because I dont have to repair tools.

I know of the Tweet by Dollie involving caffeine. I'm not yet ready to accept as if it were set in "Stone". I'm holding onto hope that a change to apply 2x base rate to stones picked up by hand is still possible.

"You should get a whip"
Using a whip uses durability, and materials to fix whip is harder to get than mats for metal Hatchet (and on some maps, Silk is non-existant so requires terminal transfers to get repair mats), so not a better option.

Poor little rocks! So neglected, and now even less valuable (relative to hatchet on bigger rocks).
Lemme give you a home!
*tink tink tink*
(slight humor has been applied to this post)

Archived