Whistling!

Kytampe

Whistling!

Does whistling move to supercede all other previous whistles? For instance, if I whistled them to attack my target or neutral and they start fighting. Can I whistle them move to to break them off, or do I have to first whistle passive and then whistle move to? Or does it just not function that way at all?

The reason I ask is I noticed that often when they attack something I don't want them to and try to make them break off by whistling follow me or move to they don't listen and just continue fighting.

I have had a number of instances where my tames have started to fight with something, because I had them on aggressive or neutral.  

When I want them to stop fighting and break away, I whistle Passive and then I whistle for them to follow me as I move away.  They stop fighting and start following me.  The only issue would be if what they were attacking chases after them and continues to attack them. 

On 9/8/2020 at 5:04 AM, Kytampe said:

The reason I ask is I noticed that often when they attack something I don't want them to and try to make them break off by whistling follow me or move to they don't listen and just continue fighting.

You have to whistle passive first.

Animals will always want to finish a fight before they follow you, so you have to whistle them to Passive to force them to stop fighting.

And, of course, you need to make sure that you can lead them away to a safe location because whatever they're fighting is going to want to follow them at first. You can do everything right and still lose some of your animals if they're not fast enough to get away from whatever they're fighting.

Archived