Foundations and Grass Question.

jaye63

19 hours ago, jaye63 said:

Foundations and Grass Question.

Is there any way to end the grass popping up thru the foundations? I would love to build at ground level but when I do, I have a room that needs mowing.

Instead of using foundations, use pillars and ceilings. That way you can control exactly at which height you have your first floor, and another benefit is that you get a crawl space to hide your cables and pipes.

Even on a flat area, I always build my bases that way. No more grass problem, and a clean layout without cables and pipes everywhere.

EDIT : Also, don't forget you can easily raise or lower foundations inch by inch. You can watch for example this recent video from Captain Fatdog if you don't know how to do it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkD_ZInBGOg

1 hour ago, Elgar said:

Instead of using foundations, use pillars and ceilings. That way you can control exactly at which height you have your first floor, and another benefit is that you get a crawl space to hide your cables and pipes.

Even on a flat area, I always build my bases that way. No more grass problem, and a clean layout without cables and pipes everywhere.

EDIT : Also, don't forget you can easily raise or lower foundations inch by inch. You can watch for example this recent video from Captain Fatdog if you don't know how to do it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkD_ZInBGOg

I hate building on pillars, uses way more structures for the same size building causing more lag and hitting structure limit much sooner. Then the pillars sticking through the ceilings is more of an eye soar than the grass IMO. There is a way to get the pillars to not stick through but its super tedious to me. I stick to foundations whenever possible.

Archived