Move 5, click 5 for hours? This can't be true.

Zapha

Move 5, click 5 for hours? This can't be true.

OK, I have a lot of fun in ARK and from countless games I have played I know any kind of grinding and the necessity of grinding in longtime games. I'm ok with it but today I faced first time the baby-feeding-grind of ARK.

Until now I avoided all the egg/breeding stuff, alone an egg farm is extreme time consuming. But for the need of muton I started a small ovis farm and tried first time to raise a baby:

Move 5, click 5, Move 5, click 5, Move 5, click 5, Move 5, click 5, Move 5, click 5,  ... I did this for 10 mins and then I was at 0.2 percent.

This can't be seiuous, this can't be true. Come on, all of you who raise babies in large anounts can do this only with macros! You let your PCs running the "Move 5, Click 5" macro for hours. This is the so called "Endgame" in ARK.

Am I right?

40 minutes ago, Zapha said:

you who raise babies in large anounts can do this only with macros!

Nope! There's the T button. I have no macros and I play PvE official.

I usually raise one baby at a time tho, so I cant speak for ppl with lots of babies, sometimes depending on the species carry weight I can raise multiples.

I use a tiny toy that's a little owl with a feather on the top that I squeeze into the space above my T key. This owl helps me hold in the T button, while hovering my cursor over the food in my player inventory while staring in the baby inventory. I go watch a video or read a book while this happens. Other times, depending on the keyboard, I use a coin, or a folded piece of paper.

My carpal tunnel wouldnt allow such prolongued repedative clicking.

Yeah this is baby care in ark. Personally I prefer  F key > transfer all,  next baby > F key > transfer all 

You don't need to spend the whole baby phase doing this though,  there are tools that can tell you when a baby will have enough food in it's inventory so that you can leave it  without it starving

2 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

I use a tiny toy that's a little owl with a feather on the top that I squeeze into the space above my T key. This owl helps me hold in the T button, while hovering my cursor over the food in my player inventory while staring in the baby inventory.

OK, that's the mechanic variant of a macro, I would do it with autohotkey.

But sorry Wildcard, a reasonable game should not require from players such actions. I'm really interested in doing that breeding thing but your "Move 5, Click 5" minigame is beyond any stupidity.

So I can never do bossfights and never get the tech tier. So sad for a builder like me. But aside from that, I really like ARK.

When you say move 5 click 5 are you talking about only being able to transfer 5 meat/berries into the baby because of the weight constraint at a young age? Cause that period of time is very short compared to the raise of the tame itself. do that for an hour on most dinos and you can already put enough meat or berries on them that you dont need to check them for hours. Its really not as big of a deal as your making it out to be.

I do want to add tho if your only experience is with an ovis than I can possibly see where you are coming from. If you are thinking if its this bad with an ovis imagine a rex or something then that would be wrong, its much easier with almost every other dino. An argent will be able to hold stacks of meat within 20 min. Ovis is one of the most annoying when first born, but even with them it doesnt stay like that for too long.

6 hours ago, Zapha said:

OK, that's the mechanic variant of a macro, I would do it with autohotkey.

But sorry Wildcard, a reasonable game should not require from players such actions. I'm really interested in doing that breeding thing but your "Move 5, Click 5" minigame is beyond any stupidity.

So I can never do bossfights and never get the tech tier. So sad for a builder like me. But aside from that, I really like ARK.

This is why mods are so popular. Like the structures plus nanny.

I personally would prefer a system like minecraft with redstone where automation is possible.

Archived