Total Ark Creature Overhaul

Qwertymine

Suggestion

Total Ark Creature Overhaul

Before I begin, I should state that "Total" is a misnomer. I want to propose changes for the MAJORITY of Ark's creatures, as I feel many are missing the little oomf they need to be good to both play against(PvP and PvE) or with. This will mostly be abilites and stats only, but may delve into some model changes as well(I will also talk about variants like Abberant and Tek Creatures, but that will be after every individual creature, so skip to the end if you want to see those).

Alphabetical Order! 

Achatina: The Achatina is one of those simple creatures you tame with Sweet Veggie cakes that provides a decent utility. Overall, I'd simply increase their production of Inventory Cementing Paste

Allosaurus: Allosaurs are an amazing mount, but they have a problem where they will spawn inside of each other in the wild, and if both Allos are hit at the same time by something with knockback, they will simply poof out of existance. This should be fixed or atleast looked at, because almost all the packs I find have this problem with two of its members.

Anglerfish: In the ocean, a lot of creatures swim fast and hit hard. The Angler is small, and has no saddle to get protection with. Make an optional saddle so we can better protect these relatively weak denizens of the deep. Or, switch it up, and make them regen health and deal more damage the deeper they are, like a reverse Basilo(But without taking damage at the surface, as this is where many water pens are).

Ankylosaurus: The Ankylosaurus is a staple of just about any Ark players taming list, and is one of the best Metal gathering creatures around. However, Ark's ingame depiction is rather small. While not entirely inaccurate to most species of ankylosaurs, Ankylosaurus itself has upper estimates to around the size of Stegosaurus, a far cry from its current size ingame. I think a simple size change(With health to fit) would make this armored gatherer feel more heavy and lumbering. Perhaps a change to make the Anky less spiky and more rounded would help too. Add a bone breaking effect to the tail swing and boom, the Anky is now a large tank unit that can shatter metal nodes and carnivores alike. 

Araneo: I personally love the Araneo's model, so I won't touch on that at all. My problem is how much they suck as a mount. Araneos have only one decent ability and terrible stats. I know this is so they aren't too overpowered when you have to fight hordes of them in caves, but there's a very simple solution to that problem, and that's to give them better stat growth from leveling. This way, their stats can reach more desirable levels when tamed. Also, give them some new abilities. Many people talk about web slinging or web building, but I think it should be a little different. First, their web attack should allow them to draw in prey like the Bloodstalker, but only work on smaller creatures when alone. However, when multiple Araneos work together, they can bring down larger prey, like the Rex hanging around in the Spider Den on Valguero. Trapped creatures can be damaged and tranqed, making the Araneo a helpful early game taming mount. Second, maybe give them the ability to burrow underground like the Purlovia to imitate Trapdoor Spider behavior. They would spring out and immediately web nearby targets, allowing you to disable wouldbe turret soakers and their riders in a surprise counterattack. 

Archaeopteryx: Rather than have the Archae always be active, make it a shoulder mount whos ability activates when you hold the jump button, allowing you to slow your decent on command and use your weapons when you need them. 

Argentavis: Not many problems with the good old Argy, but maybe make their grab more consistent, it seems like it just doesn't grab certain creatures for some reason.

Astrocetus: Increase the range at which allied creatures around the Astro are teleported when warping, increase the platform saddle structure limit, make the Astro more graceful in the water, and make it so the Astro can warp in any direction. Give the Astro better 3 dimensional movement as well, don't know why it stays so straight in the air, it's natural habitat is space. I feel so limited when playing with what is supposed to be the most powerful tameable creature on Genesis. Maybe increase the melee attack hitboxes aswell, as they feel extremely small for such a large creature. 

Baryonyx: Prevent wild Baryonyx from stunlocking by adding a cooldown for the spin attack. Feels ridiculous to just sit there with no hope at escape. 

Basilisk: Increase the Basilisk's size class so Raptors and Ravagers don't attack it. Maybe remove the copy pasted poison breath for a continuous blinding acid spray that ignores armor values(But doesn't destroy armor like the Arthro and Tropeo), this spray could be on a resource meter that slowly recharges over time to prevent spam. Increase its tranqing ability on the bite. 

Basilosaurus: Last I checked, Basilos could sometimes instantly die when in the deep water zone. If this hasn't been fixed, please fix it in exchange to a slight nerf of the regen near the surface.

Beezlebufo: The Beezlebufo is a nice mount overall, maybe give them a charge jump like the Procoptodon to give them a little more mobility?

Blood Crystal Wyvern: Either increase the amount of health the wyvern regens from its breath, make the healing scale with melee damage/health, or increase the duration of healing when eating a corpse(Twenty seconds or so).

Brontosaurus: Really only needs a cosmetic change. The Bronto is noticeably more smooth and featureless than the newer creatures, and its animations are really stiff. Give it a better model and animations. 

Carbonemys: Allow the Carbo to retract into its shell on command or when below thirty percent health to increase survivability. Make them slightly more adept in the water, and stop that character growth that happens when you mount them. 

Carnotaurus: While I like the bleed attack they got, I'd rather have a charge. Raise the Carno's base speed, as Carnotaurus was believed to be one of the fastest dinos we know of at this time. Drastically increase turning radius to compensate. Have the alternate attack be a beeline charge like the Pachy that can damage stone structures and stun smaller creatures. 

Chalicotherium: Make the arch on the boulder throw a little farther, and stun flyers hit by the boulder. 

Cnidaria: Why do literal Jellyfish have an agro range? Make the Cnidaria more powerful, but entirely stationary. Also make their shock range larger when in bigger groups so survivors must take out a few with ranged weapons before mounts can get into attack range. To compensate for being entirely immobile, nothing can resist their shock stun. 

Coelacanth: Allow them to grow to larger sizes. 

Compy: Make their pack bonus have a ridiculous cap(Like fourty) so that large groups can be ridiculously powerful!

Daeodon: Make the "disable healing" actually work. Daeodons seem to start their healing ability no matter what you do. Increase movement speed and melee damage too.

Deathworm: Always wanted these to be tameable since the Basilisk was introduced with its burrowing ability. Make Deathworms eat Wyvern eggs like Basilisks do with Drake eggs. They get a saddle that increases resistance to heat and heatwaves. They can't move when surfaced just like their wild counterparts, but don't make the sand movement indicator to prevent you from being too predictable. Can also destroy stone structures. 

Dilophosaur: Make the Dilo a swamp dino around the size of a Raptor. They would function like a discount Velonosaurus, being a mountable turret dino. They retain the blinding spit, but it is given more damage, and the Dilo in general is a more formidable opponent. 

Dimetrodon: Give the Dimetrodon a better AC ability and give them a better sprint animation, as Dimetrodon were good sprinters. Increase movement speed accordingly. 

Dimorphodon: Give Dimorphs a pack boost to help them when swarming mounts and riders. Maybe increase their movement speed to help them keep up with other creatures. 

Diplocaulus: Make these guys more common, the ones I rarely find are usually in the process of being ripped apart. That may be the problem, but I don't know.

Diplodocus: Give the Diplo a weight reduction to ALL items, and a stunning tailwhip attack(Does like ten damage) to help escape fast predators. 

Dire Bears: Add a slow vertical climb like the Thyla's that allow Direbears to reach Beehives on cliffs and trees. Cannot regain stamina when climbing, but don't lose any for climbing either. 

Direwolf: Maybe add some armor for them. Unsure about this, as Direwolfes are easily the strongest medium pack creature in the game. 

Dodo: Give them a majestic new model! I want to see my Dodos in their full glory!

DodoWyvern/DodoRex: Bring these two back. We haven't seen them in a while, and they were sadly missing from any Genesis missions(Which I was hoping they'd be in). Lots of people have asked for genetic hybrid creatures in the past, maybe there could be a Tek structure that allows you to fuse a Dodo, Rex, and Giga for the DodoRex and All three base Wyverns plus a Dodo for the DodoWyvern? It would need a ton of balance, but I'd love to see these two in some capacity. 

The Dragon: I know this is a boss creauture, but hear me out for a second. The Center is the only Free DLC map with no unique creature. Add a smaller(Around Rex or Bronto sized) tameable version of the Dragon to the Volcanic Island(KO Tame that eats Giga Eggs) to increase the popularity of the Center a little. Make it only come in a fire variant, but with a wide range of colors. Fast movement speed on ground and in the air, with the ability to swim as well(Good swimming, not bad). Give it a pickup grasp with the same pool as the Quetz, and a saddle to make up for the lack of imprint bonus(Can't be bred).

Dung Beetles: Make them gather poop from nearby creatures, would be a massive boost to efficiency. 

Electrophorus: Give these guys some better health, they desperately need it.

Ember Crystal Wyvern: Add a Heat and Cold resistance buff to the Ember Crystal Wyvern to add a little utility. 

Enforcers: Enforcers should be given a size increase to give them an edge against larger Corrupted creatures, between Stego and Rex size(With stat buffs to fit). Make it so they can swap to climbing mode like the Drake and Megalania.

Eurypterid: Make these guys more common along the ocean floor to make them more farmeable. 

Forest Wyvern: Thought it would be cool for these guys to be a little reward for beating the Forest Titan upon defeating him. Replace the fire breath with vines that drag prey to the Wyvern's mouth. Give them better melee damage than the original wyvern types to compensate for this. 

Gallimimus: Give Gallis a better health stat, and protect them and their riders from all forms of stun/immobility effect(Even Mana/Snow Owl Freeze and enemy Bolas).

Gasbags: When jumping, Gasbags should release a stinky chemical that discourages predators from following them. 

Giant Bee: Fix the inconsistencies with the Bee Hive and getting your Bee back, as well as increasing the power of tamed Drone Bees.

Giganotosaurus: Oh boy, here we go. Make the Giga only slightly larger than Tyrannosaurus. Their health and melee should be more than a Rexes, while having slightly slower movement speed and stamina, but equal oxygen, weight, and food. To compensate for this massive shift, Gigas receive a better damage percentage against stone structures, making them better raiders overall. They are still just as difficult to tame and breed, and their saddle is learned at the same level it is now. Wild Gigas no longer have wildly inflated stats or bleed damage. When below half health, Gigas will gain a twenty-five percent damage and damage resistance boost. However, upon reaching twenty-five percent health, Gigas will rage and turn on their riders and allies for thirty seconds. Gigas retain their rengation of damage resistance from creatures like the Rock Elemental, and gain a slight damage buff against Titans and Titanosaurs. 

Gigantopithicus: Apes are strong, so make the Gigantopithicus hit a little harder. They seem to get bodied a lot against other creatures. 

Griffin: Add an optional saddle to the Griffin. They have no way to reduce incoming damage, whereas Wyverns, Drakes, and other mythical creatures have one or even two options. 

Hesperornis: Make them lay Golden Eggs more often.

Hyaenodon: Please make the taming process a little more forgiving, you can lose so much progress in a few seconds. 

Ichthyornis: Limit the items these guys steal, I've heard tales of them stealing stacks of kibble and Narcos. In return, they should hit a little harder or deal extra damage to armor. 

Ichthyosaurus: Make it so Ichthys can survive out of water for a bit without dying, so weird to see random dead ones at the surface of the water from slightly coming out of it. Give them some cool jumps kinda like the Basilo rainbow jump to spice things up when swimming around on them. Maybe some underwater tricks too. 

Jerboa: Let them detect weather events of maps other than Scorched, like the Metero Storms of Extinction or the Volcanic Eruptions of Genesis. Just a little QoL thing.

Kairuku: Boost their AC abilites, and maybe make them kinda like the Diplocaulus where you can hold onto them in the water as fast transport.

Kaprosuchus: Make it so you can turn off the Kapro's ability to grab creatures. When this is off, they can be picked up by fliers to make up for the dragweight thing they changed a while back to cut down on meshing. 

Kentrosaurus: Allow Kentros to harvest meat to help them clear up creatures they kill. 

Leedsichthys: Make the Leedsichthys spawn at levels 5-150 and make them tameable through cannon shots to the head like a Titano(Best to use a Mosa or Plesi). They would be strong tanks with good melee damage that can damage stone and Tek Vacuum Stuctures. They'd have good speed, but lack on stamina. They can still be stripped for fish meat. Their platform saddle would have a 90 Structure limit, and be learned at the same level as a Titanosaur Saddle. 

Liopleurodon: Throw out that lucky loot stuff and give us the Oxygen Reduction the original dossier mentioned. Lios would be permenant tames with low mobility, but easily outclass all other water creatures in terms of melee damage. They'd have ridiculous sprint speed, but incredibly low stamina, being more focused on surprise kills or fast fights than long drawn out battles. 

Lymantria: Even the Gasbag has a melee attack, give the Lymantria something. You could also make their gas do DoT damage for some more value. 

Lystrosaurus: Give these good boys some better movement speed, it's so hard for them to keep up. 

Mammoth: Definitely need a model upgrade. They could really benefit from better fur textures, and some more simplified tusks would look so much nicer. An ability like a movement speed and stamina buff Trumpet from their trunks or maybe the ability to throw smaller creatures would make up for the fact that Mammoths aren't the top dog wood gatherers any more.

Manta: Reduced damage from going on land, such a useless feature when they die so quickly. 

Megachelon: Make creatures target the head of the Megachelon so that it can actually defend itself. This thing is WAY too slow and cumbersome as it is, and they could be killed by any Megalodon that stays behind them because of it. 

Megalania: Give them the same stats as a Thyla so that these things aren't dumpstered so easily. Give them only slightly lower speed to make up for the fact that they can climb in any direction. 

Megaloceros: Just a model change to differentiate Males and Females more(Females are just Males without antlers, have holes where they should be),

Megalodon: Make the Meg around the size of the Mosa, but still living near the surface. They'd have powerful bites that slow down targets through a "bleed"(Doesn't actually reduce health). Their speed is amazing, and stamina would be serviceable. The Meg's weakness would be their insatiable hunger, which makes them and their young hard to keep for some survivors. There would probably have to be a new smaller shark added to fill the gap that was missing. 

Megalosaurus: Let them stay awake longer in the day a little longer as a QoL.

Mesopithicus: They definitely need a better model, holy cow these guys are ugly. Make their poop throws a little stronger to boost their effectiveness. 

Mosasaurus: Slim the Mosa model a little, they look like they're filled with balloons. 

Moschops: The gather level wheel doesn't seem to always work properly, especially with Sap and stuff. It would be nice for them to get a little look over. 

Onyc: Since Onyc are much slower than other small group fliers, but don't quite have the stats to fit, I feel like they could use a nice boost. Their attacks could ignore a percentage of armor, or they could be given a boost to all stats after eating a corpse, like a bloodrage. They should also hang from ceilings or catwalks. 

Oviraptor: Will pick up Eggs passively, and boosts the speed of mating and egg/pregnancy speed. 

Pachy: Pachys could use a size up to help them contend with raptors. Their health and melee would increase as a result, making them a better starter herbivore overall. 

Pachyrhinosaurus: Give the Pheremone abilites more strength. Rage Pheremone enrages all creatures nearby, Calm Pheremone calms all(Aside from Gigas, Titanos, Titans, etc.).

Pelagornis: The Pelagornis is in desperate need of a remodel, and would really benefit from having the Hydrated buff to boost overall movement speed when traveling along the ocean or rivers. Boosted rates on fish gathering. 

Phiomia: Give the Phiomia the ability to empty its entire food stat to produce an equivalent amount of poo and scare away aggressors of all sizes. This would also boost Phiomia movement speed, but be on a three minute cooldown. 

Plesiosaur: A more sleak and elegant model, with directional movement like the Megalodon. Put in some cool underwater flips and tricks to add some pizazz to this elegant creature.

Pteranodon: The Pteranodon has a fairly dated model. It would also be nice to up their movement speed a little more. 

Pulmonoscorpius: Greatly increase the tranqing capability of Pulmonos to increase their efficiency in taming things, and add a tracking beacon above affected creatures so that the scorpion and its rider can effectively find the creature they are tranqing. 

Quetzal: A model and animation update would be nice. Make the Quetzal stand straight up when walking and stuff like that. Make the platform saddle have a little engine mechanism that keeps the platform level(I wish I could describe it in text form) to avoid any issues and keep the platform usable when walking. 

Spino: Change the tail to fit recent findings about the structure of the tail. Just a personal preference thing. 

Stegosaurus: Another decent dino that just has an outdated model. Maybe they could be stronger in the day thanks to their plates?

Terror Bird: Better model, make them the best creature for harvesting Prime and Prime Fish Meat with. If a Terror Bird "Flies" for more than ten seconds, they gain a confidence buff that's basically a personal Yuty buff for a minute. Terror Birds following a player mounted Terror Bird will mimic when you float, so they can gain the buff as well. 

Titanoboa: Make these guys much larger and more rare. Keep the smaller variants for caves(Maybe call them Titanoboa Young). Titanoboa would specialize in grappling and constricting large prey, dealing heavy damage to a single target while being immobile. Still tamed with Eggs.

Titanomyrma: Add a hive and Queen for these guys. They could act more like base defenders than the Bees, being more poweful and dangerous. Flying Titanomyrma would attack riders, and Grounded Titanomyrma would shred and ignore armor. 

Tropical Crystal Wyvern: Can fly into water(Like swimming) but have an oxygen meter so must come up eventually.

Wooly Rhino: Stop Rhinos from losing momentum when being hit by smaller creatures like Raptors or Sabers.

Zombie Wyverns: Make these guys rideable. The devs said they aren't rideable because they have insane health regen and don't need food, but you need to beat the DodoWyvern to get them, so they should be rideable.

Zomdodo: Make these larger, and when tamed make them rideable. Always wanted a rideable Dodo Variant. 

X-Creatures: Feels like Wildcard went too simple with these. They should have super different stats from their original counterparts, like Raptors designed to be good travel mounts or Megs that are basically glass cannons. 

Tek Creatures: Add the Tek Trike and Giga to maps other than Genesis. Thought they should have higher stats, but remembered they can go to a higher level.

Aberrant Creatures: Same problem I have with X-Creatures, they aren't different enough from their normal counterparts to be special aside from looks. Give them some different stats across the board, not two small changes. 

1 reply to this server topic

• Achatina: The Achatina is one of those simple creatures you tame with Sweet Veggie cakes that provides a decent utility. Overall, I'd simply increase their production of Inventory Cementing Paste
    • Agreed
  • Allosaurus: Allosaurus are an amazing mount, but they have a problem where they will spawn inside of each other in the wild, and if both Allos are hit at the same time by something with knockback, they will simply poof out of existence. This should be fixed or at least looked at, because almost all the packs I find have this problem with two of its members.
    • Personally I have never had the glitch you are referring too. And honestly, really want to like the Allo - only problem I have with it is the sounds. They are so freaking loud. In the wild it is nice because you know when they are coming, but once tamed - it can become a bit much and the babies are sooo loud!
  • Anglerfish: In the ocean, a lot of creatures swim fast and hit hard. The Angler is small, and has no saddle to get protection with. Make an optional saddle so we can better protect these relatively weak denizens of the deep. Or, switch it up, and make them regen health and deal more damage the deeper they are, like a reverse Basilo(But without taking damage at the surface, as this is where many water pens are).
    • I vote saddle option. I like the idea. 
  • Ankylosaurus: The Ankylosaurus is a staple of just about any Ark players taming list, and is one of the best Metal gathering creatures around. However, Ark's ingame depiction is rather small. While not entirely inaccurate to most species of ankylosaurs, Ankylosaurus itself has upper estimates to around the size of Stegosaurus, a far cry from its current size ingame. I think a simple size change(With health to fit) would make this armored gatherer feel more heavy and lumbering. Perhaps a change to make the Anky less spiky and more rounded would help too. Add a bone breaking effect to the tail swing and boom, the Anky is now a large tank unit that can shatter metal nodes and carnivores alike. 
    • I like the size change. Always thought they looked a bit small. I am good with the rest of it too. 
  • Araneo: I personally love the Araneo's model, so I won't touch on that at all. My problem is how much they suck as a mount. Araneos have only one decent ability and terrible stats. I know this is so they aren't too overpowered when you have to fight hordes of them in caves, but there's a very simple solution to that problem, and that's to give them better stat growth from leveling. This way, their stats can reach more desireable levels when tamed. Also, give them some new abilities. Many people talk about web slinging or web building, but I think it should be a little different. First, their web attack should allow them to draw in prey like the Bloodstalker, but only work on smaller creatures when alone. However, when multiple Araneos work together, they can bring down larger prey, like the Rex hanging around in the Spider Den on Valguero. Trapped creatures can be damaged and tranqed, making the Araneo a helpful earlygame taming mount. Second, maybe give them the ability to burrow underground like the Purlovia to imitate Trapdoor Spider behavior. They would spring out and immediately web nearby targets, allowing you to disable wouldbe turret soakers and their riders in a surprise counterattack. 
    • Additional attacks - good to go. I like it. 
    • Stats - I would rather they simply allow for a breeding option. raise them up to better stats. 
  • Archaeopteryx: Rather than have the Archae always be active, make it a shoulder mount whos ability activates when you hold the jump button, allowing you to slow your decent on command and use your weapons when you need them. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Argentavis: Not many problems with the good old Argy, but maybe make their grab more consistent, it seems like it just doesn't grab certain creatures for some reason.
    • They do have a tendency to miss. But as a whole, I do enjoy the Argents. I would like a bit more speed, but I can see where they do so well in other areas why it hasn't been touched. 
  • Astrocetus: Increase the range at which allied creatures around the Astro are teleported when warping, increase the platform saddle structure limit, make the Astro more graceful in the water, and make it so the Astro can warp in any direction. I feel so limited when playing with what is supposed to be the most powerful tameable creature on Genesis. Maybe increase the melee attack hitboxes aswell, as they feel extremely small for such a large creature. 
    • I hopped on one for a few minutes one day, but that is about all. Its cool looking, but not something I would use on the daily as a PvE player. So I can't really comment much on it. 
  • Baryonyx: Prevent wild Baryonyx from stunlocking by adding a cooldown for the spin attack. Feels ridiculous to just sit there with no hope at escape. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Basilisk: Increase the Basilisk's size class so Raptors and Ravagers don't attack it. Maybe remove the copy pasted poison breath for a continuous blinding acid spray that ignores armor values(But doesn't destroy armor like the Arthro and Tropeo), this spray could be on a resource meter that slowly recharges over time to prevent spam. Increase its tranqing ability on the bite. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Basilosaurus: Last I checked, Basilos could sometimes instantly die when in the deep water zone. If this hasn't been fixed, please fix it in exchange to a slight nerf of the regen near the surface.
    • I do not know about an insta-death. But they do take damage when in the deep and they do not attack when they go below a certain level. I ride them all the time. Though other items are often tamed to take care of the deep-sea fighting. 
    • It would also be nice if they had a countdown timer as they do in Atlas so that you know when the next feeding will be. 
  • Beezlebufo: The Beezlebufo is a nice mount overall, maybe give them a charge jump like the Procoptodon to give them a little more mobility?
    • Agreed as is or with changes. 
  • Blood Crystal Wyvern: Either increase the amount of health the wyvern regens from its breath, make the healing scale with melee damage/health, or increase the duration of healing when eating a corpse(Twenty seconds or so).
    • We have been doing just fine with this creature as is, but we are on a slightly boosted server so I would imagine the healing is a bit less normally. I do not see this as a bad suggestion. 
    • It would also be nice if they had a countdown timer as they do in Atlas so that you know when the next feeding will be. 
  • Brontosaurus: Really only needs a cosmetic change. The Bronto is noticeably more smooth and featureless than the newer creatures, and its animations are really stiff. Give it a better model and animations. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Carbonemys: Allow the Carbo to retract into its shell on command or when below thirty percent health to increase survivability. Make them slightly more adept in the water, and stop that character growth that happens when you mount them. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Carnotaurus: While I like the bleed attack they got, I'd rather have a charge. Raise the Carno's base speed, as Carnotaurus was believed to be one of the fastest dinos we know of at this time. Drastically increase turning radius to compensate. Have the alternate attack be a beeline charge like the Pachy that can damage stone structures and stun smaller creatures. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Chalicotherium: Make the arch on the boulder throw a little farther, and stun flyers hit by the boulder. 
  • Cnidaria: Why do literal Jellyfish have an agro range? Make the Cnidaria more powerful, but entirely stationary. Also make their shock range larger when in bigger groups so survivors must take out a few with ranged weapons before mounts can get into attack range. To compensate for being entirely immobile, nothing can resist their shock stun. 
    • It does seem a bit odd that they are so aggressive. I have lost many mounts to these creatures because it seems as though they cannot get out from a cluster of them. 
    • The Basi is immune to their shock so it is nice to have one with you if possible. 
  • Coelacanth: Allow them to grow to larger sizes. 
    • Remove their levels. So annoying to look for a max level creature and have your shinepet note a fish. 
  • Compy: Make their pack bonus have a ridiculous cap(Like fourty) so that large groups can be ridiculously powerful!
    • That would be swarm... As long as it does not involve mass lag, I am good with it. 
  • Daeodon: Make the "disable healing" actually work. Daeodons seem to start their healing ability no matter what you do. Increase movement speed and melee damage too.
    • Haven't had one in a while to know if the disable healing option does or does not work. So for this I will have to say "Pass" - moving on to the next one.
  • Deathworm: Always wanted these to be tameable since the Basilisk was introduced with its burrowing ability. Make Deathworms eat Wyvern eggs like Basilisks do with Drake eggs. They get a saddle that increases resistance to heat and heatwaves. They can't move when surfaced just like their wild counterparts, but don't make the sand movement indicator to prevent you from being too predictable. Can also destroy stone structures. 
    • Pass - I have no interest in one, but I can see where some others might. 
  • Dilophosaur: Make the Dilo a swamp dino around the size of a Raptor. They would function like a discount Velonosaurus, being a mountable turret dino. They retain the blinding spit, but it is given more damage, and the Dilo in general is a more formidable opponent. 
    • Pass - It is an interesting Idea, but making the swamp even harder to travel though.... yikes. 
  • Dimetrodon: Give the Dimetrodon a better AC ability and give them a better sprint animation, as Dimetrodon were good sprinters. Increase movement speed accordingly. 
    • They are sooo slow. Agreed. 
  • Dimorphodon: Give Dimorphs a pack boost to help them when swarming mounts and riders. Maybe increase their movement speed to help them keep up with other creatures. 
    • These are already knocking our riders from their mounts and trashing their armor... I am good without this particular change. 
  • Diplocaulus: Make these guys more common, the ones I rarely find are usually in the process of being ripped apart. That may be the problem, but I don't know.
    • Agreed. Hard to find. Hard to tame because they are always becoming some other creatures snack. 
  • Diplodocus: Give the Diplo a weight reduction to ALL items, and a stunning tailwhip attack(Does like ten damage) to help escape fast predators. 
    • It needs something new. It is a cool looking creature but we have never really tamed one because we don't have any use for what it can do. 
  • Dire Bears: Add a slow vertical climb like the Thyla's that allow Direbears to reach Beehives on cliffs and trees. Cannot regain stamina when climbing, but don't lose any for climbing either. 
    • Awesome. Agreed. Even if it far slower than the Thyla's this would be a nice change. 
  • Direwolf: Maybe add some armor for them. Unsure about this, as Direwolves are easily the strongest medium pack creature in the game. 
    • A saddle option. They have them in Atlas and they look fine. It wouldn't have to be used, but could be. Something sleek and simple. 
  • Dodo: Give them a majestic new model! I want to see my Dodos in their full glory!
    • It would also be nice to have a "Dodo King" or "Dodo Queen" that is roughly the size of a terror bird that could be ridden. If not as an event creature then as something found in the wild. Rare like a unicorn. Only one of each gender on the map at a time. 
  • DodoWyvern/DodoRex: Bring these two back. We haven't seen them in a while, and they were sadly missing from any Genesis missions(Which I was hoping they'd be in). Lots of people have asked for genetic hybrid creatures in the past, maybe there could be a Tek structure that allows you to fuse a Dodo, Rex, and Giga for the DodoRex and All three base Wyverns plus a Dodo for the DodoWyvern? It would need a ton of balance, but I'd love to see these two in some capacity. 
    • They were a Fear Evolved event I believe? That or the Thanksgiving event. Either way it was an event creature that came around and went. And back in January-February it looks like the code was disabled right before/after the release of Genesis. We had "forcetamed" them for some of our tribemates as event prizes and they didn't work. They were fun, if not completely terrifying for the maps they could be found on. It would be nice to see them. Even better if there was an event-limited tame of one of them. 
  • The Dragon: I know this is a boss creature, but hear me out for a second. The Center is the only Free DLC map with no unique creature. Add a smaller(Around Rex or Bronto sized) tameable version of the Dragon to the Volcanic Island(KO Tame that eats Giga Eggs) to increase the popularity of the Center a little. Make it only come in a fire variant, but with a wide range of colors. Fast movement speed on ground and in the air, with the ability to swim as well(Good swimming, not bad). Give it a pickup grasp with the same pool as the Quetz, and a saddle to make up for the lack of imprint bonus(Can't be bred).
    • It would be nice for the map to get some love, but it seems as though it has been abandoned much like Ragnarok and the Primitive Plus version of the game. If the love came back - I would be all for some changes. Though it seems the focus is now on Genesis 2 and possibly Ark 2. 
  • Dung Beetles: Make them gather poop from nearby creatures, would be a massive boost to efficiency. 
    • Agreed.
  • Electrophorus: Give these guys some better health, they desperately need it.
    • Agreed.
  • Ember Crystal Wyvern: Add a Heat and Cold resistance buff to the Ember Crystal Wyvern to add a little utility. 
    • Buff in heat. Debuff in Cold. They are a fire-themed creature. 
    • A boost during the day when the sun is out. 
  • Enforcers: Enforcers should be given a size increase to give them an edge against larger Corrupted creatures, between Stego and Rex size(With stat buffs to fit). Make it so they can swap to climbing mode like the Drake and Megalania.
    • It would also be nice if you could "craft" extra's for them. Such as having some Armor slots for feet that caused higher jumps, better shielding, ect. Something you could put in a costume/saddle slot. A few options to choose from. 
  • Eurypterid: Make these guys more common along the ocean floor to make them more farmeable. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Forest Wyvern: Thought it would be cool for these guys to be a little reward for beating the Forest Titan upon defeating him. Replace the fire breath with vines that drag prey to the Wyvern's mouth. Give them better melee damage than the original wyvern types to compensate for this. 
    • It would be nice if they could be a "Forest Crystal Wyvern" option. Rideable. Breedable. Tameable only have defeating the Forest Titan. Breath heavy gusts of wind that cause damage. Stronger during storms. 
  • Gallimimus: Give Gallis a better health stat, and protect them and their riders from all forms of stun/immobility effect(Even Mana/Snow Owl Freeze and enemy Bolas).
    • Agreed. 
  • Gasbags: When jumping, Gasbags should release a stinky chemical that discourages predators from following them. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Giant Bee: Fix the inconsistencies with the Bee Hive and getting your Bee back, as well as increasing the power of tamed Drone Bees.
    • Agreed. Also allow the transferring of hives. 
  • Giganotosaurus: Oh boy, here we go. Make the Giga only slightly larger than Tyrannosaurus. Their health and melee should be more than a Rexes, while having slightly slower movement speed and stamina, but equal oxygen, weight, and food. To compensate for this massive shift, Gigas receive a better damage percentage against stone structures, making them better raiders overall. They are still just as difficult to tame and breed, and their saddle is learned at the same level it is now. Wild Gigas no longer have wildly inflated stats or bleed damage. When below half health, Gigas will gain a twenty-five percent damage and damage resistance boost. However, upon reaching twenty-five percent health, Gigas will rage and turn on their riders and allies for thirty seconds. Gigas retain their rengation of damage resistance from creatures like the Rock Elemental, and gain a slight damage buff against Titans and Titanosaurs. 
    • I don't really use it so I am not going to comment on it. Pass.
  • Gigantopithecus: Apes are strong, so make the Gigantopithecus hit a little harder. They seem to get bodied a lot against other creatures. 
    • Add a "Saddle" which resembles a set of shoulder armor. A little more defence 
  • Griffin: Add an optional saddle to the Griffin. They have no way to reduce incoming damage, whereas Wyverns, Drakes, and other mythical creatures have one or even two options. 
    • Add a saddle option or breeding capabilities. They aren't bad mounts, but they now pale in comparison to other competing creatures that have saddles and the ability to be bred up to higher levels. Haven't used one seriously since extinction. 
  • Hesperornis: Make them lay Golden Eggs more often.
    • Fix taming. Tried it for hours on a boosted server and it wouldn't take. 
  • Hyaenodon: Please make the taming process a little more forgiving, you can lose so much progress in a few seconds. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Ichthyornis: Limit the items these guys steal, I've heard tales of them stealing stacks of kibble and Narcos. In return, they should hit a little harder or deal extra damage to armor. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Ichthyosaurus: Make it so Ichthys can survive out of water for a bit without dying, so weird to see random dead ones at the surface of the water from slightly coming out of it. Give them some cool jumps kinda like the Basilo rainbow jump to spice things up when swimming around on them. Maybe some underwater tricks too. 
    • Having a jump movement like the Basi's would be fitting. 
  • Jerboa: Let them detect weather events of maps other than Scorched, like the Metero Storms of Extinction or the Volcanic Eruptions of Genesis. Just a little QoL thing.
    • Let their levels be more than one. 
    • Having an Aberrant Variant would be nice. The stripes on their backs could glow. 
  • Kairuku: Boost their AC abilites, and maybe make them kinda like the Diplocaulus where you can hold onto them in the water as fast transport.
    • I have tamed them because they are cute and that is about it. It would be nice for them to have another ability or two. 
  • Kaprosuchus: Make it so you can turn off the Kapro's ability to grab creatures. When this is off, they can be picked up by fliers to make up for the dragweight thing they changed a while back to cut down on meshing. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Kentrosaurus: Allow Kentros to harvest meat to help them clear up creatures they kill. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Leedsichthys: Make the Leedsichthys spawn at levels 5-150 and make them tameable through cannon shots to the head like a Titano(Best to use a Mosa or Plesi). They would be strong tanks with good melee damage that can damage stone and Tek Vacuum Stuctures. They'd have good speed, but lack on stamina. They can still be stripped for fish meat. Their platform saddle would have a 90 Structure limit, and be learned at the same level as a Titanosaur Saddle. 
    • The boat killer does need some work. 
  • Liopleurodon: Throw out that lucky loot stuff and give us the Oxygen Reduction the original dossier mentioned. Lios would be permenant tames with low mobility, but easily outclass all other water creatures in terms of melee damage. They'd have ridiculous sprint speed, but incredibly low stamina, being more focused on surprise kills or fast fights than long drawn out battles. 
    • The "magic" creature of the sea needs to be addressed desperately. 
  • Lymantria: Even the Gasbag has a melee attack, give the Lymantria something. You could also make their gas do DoT damage for some more value. 
    • Make the breedable. Make them "create" silk in their inventory when tamed. Let the wilds create "Silk Nests" that you can harvest for silk with a sickle. 
  • Lystrosaurus: Give these good boys some better movement speed, it's so hard for them to keep up. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Mammoth: Definitely need a model upgrade. They could really benefit from better fur textures, and some more simplified tusks would look so much nicer. An ability like a movement speed and stamina buff Trumpet from their trunks or maybe the ability to throw smaller creatures would make up for the fact that Mammoths aren't the top dog wood gatherers any more.
    • Agreed.
    • A unique saddle could be fun too. Something like a saddle that has two seats and a fancy cover (similar to the thorny dragon saddle but nicer. 
  • Manta: Reduced damage from going on land, such a useless feature when they die so quickly. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Megachelon: Make creatures target the head of the Megachelon so that it can actually defend itself. This thing is WAY too slow and cumbersome as it is, and they could be killed by any Megalodon that stays behind them because of it. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Megalania: Give them the same stats as a Thyla so that these things aren't dumpstered so easily. Give them only slightly lower speed to make up for the fact that they can climb in any direction. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Megaloceros: Just a model change to differentiate Males and Females more(Females are just Males without antlers, have holes where they should be),
    • Give the females some ability so they aren't constantly being taken down willy-nilly.
  • Megalodon: Make the Meg around the size of the Mosa, but still living near the surface. They'd have powerful bites that slow down targets through a "bleed"(Doesn't actually reduce health). Their speed is amazing, and stamina would be serviceable. The Meg's weakness would be their insatiable hunger, which makes them and their young hard to keep for some survivors. There would probably have to be a new smaller shark added to fill the gap that was missing. 
    • Larger yes, Mesa sized, not so much unless you want to add a smaller shark as well. Even then A bit smaller would be best. 
    • A bleed effect that does deal damage would be acceptable. It could then summon other sharks in the area. 
  • Megalosaurus: Let them stay awake longer in the day a little longer as a QoL.
    • I think they work as they are for what they are. 
  • Mesopithecus: They definitely need a better model, holy cow these guys are ugly. Make their poop throws a little stronger to boost their effectiveness. 
    • Add an Aberrant Variant for another glowpet. 
  • Mosasaurus: Slim the Mosa model a little, they look like they're filled with balloons. 
    • They are some very hefty creatures. 
  • Moschops: The gather level wheel doesn't seem to always work properly, especially with Sap and stuff. It would be nice for them to get a little look over. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Onyc: Since Onyc are much slower than other small group fliers, but don't quite have the stats to fit, I feel like they could use a nice boost. Their attacks could ignore a percentage of armor, or they could be given a boost to all stats after eating a corpse, like a bloodrage. They should also hang from ceilings or catwalks. 
    • Make them breedable. Bats do procreate normally. 
  • Oviraptor: Will pick up Eggs passively, and boosts the speed of mating and egg/pregnancy speed. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Pachy: Pachys could use a size up to help them contend with raptors. Their health and melee would increase as a result, making them a better starter herbivore overall. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Pachyrhinosaurus: Give the Pheremone abilites more strength. Rage Pheremone enrages all creatures nearby, Calm Pheremone calms all(Aside from Gigas, Titanos, Titans, etc.).
    • Agreed. 
  • Pelagornis: The Pelagornis is in desperate need of a remodel, and would really benefit from having the Hydrated buff to boost overall movement speed when traveling along the ocean or rivers. Boosted rates on fish gathering. 
    • Agreed. 
  • Phiomia: Give the Phiomia the ability to empty its entire food stat to produce an equivalent amount of poo and scare away aggressors of all sizes. This would also boost Phiomia movement speed, but be on a three minute cooldown. 
    • Agreed. Though I would cut the food stat chomp by allowing it to use half rather than whole. 
  • Plesiosaur: A more sleak and elegant model, with directional movement like the Megalodon. Put in some cool underwater flips and tricks to add some pizazz to this elegant creature.
    • Agreed. It needs to be updated. I really wanted to love it, but it is so hard to use. 
  • Pteranodon: The Pteranodon has a fairly dated model. It would also be nice to up their movement speed a little more. 
    • It works as is, but I won't turn down some movement speed on flyers. 
  • Pulmonoscorpius: Greatly increase the tranquing capability of Pulmonos to increase their efficiency in taming things, and add a tracking beacon above affected creatures so that the scorpion and its rider can effectively find the creature they are tranqing. 
    • Agreed. Allow breeding. 
  • Quetzal: A model and animation update would be nice. Make the Quetzal stand straight up when walking and stuff like that. Make the platform saddle have a little engine mechanism that keeps the platform level(I wish I could describe it in text form) to avoid any issues and keep the platform useable when walking. 
    • It would be nice if platform creatures would stay stationary when building on the saddle somehow. I totally get that they have to "breath" but it does make building awkward. 
  • Spino: Change the tail to fit recent findings about the structure of the tail. Just a personal preference thing. 
    • Good with or without. 
  • Stegosaurus: Another decent dino that just has an outdated model. Maybe they could be stronger in the day thanks to their plates?
    • Agreed. 
  • Terror Bird: Better model, make them the best creature for harvesting Prime and Prime Fish Meat with. If a Terror Bird "Flies" for more than ten seconds, they gain a confidence buff that's basically a personal Yuty buff for a minute. Terror Birds following a player mounted Terror Bird will mimic when you float, so they can gain the buff as well. 
    • That could be fun. Make them a bit more of a pack animal. They spawn that way... so why not. 
  • Titanoboa: Make these guys much larger and more rare. Keep the smaller variants for caves(Maybe call them Titanoboa Young). Titanoboa would specialize in grappling and constricting large prey, dealing heavy damage to a single target while being immobile. Still tamed with Eggs.
    • Personally I am good with these staying as is. Some more snake-like features could be added to the basilisk or perhaps another snake type dino/creature could be added. 
  • Titanomyrma: Add a hive and Queen for these guys. They could act more like base defenders than the Bees, being more powerful and dangerous. Flying Titanomyrma would attack riders, and Grounded Titanomyrma would shred and ignore armor. 
    • If it is an "ant-like" creature then perhaps an ant hill? And if we could tame them like the bees they could be "tamed" and then a hill placed around the yard for some defence. 
  • Tropical Crystal Wyvern: Can fly into water(Like swimming) but have an oxygen meter so must come up eventually.
    • They already seem to swim deeper than most. So I am good with or without the change. I would like for them to have the same buff that they have in the water when it rains though. 
  • Wooly Rhino: Stop Rhinos from losing momentum when being hit by smaller creatures like Raptors or Sabers.
    • Agreed, if anything their charge should toss them aside. As if they are bumping off of them.
  • Zombie Wyverns: Make these guys rideable. The devs said they aren't rideable because they have insane health regen and don't need food, but you need to beat the DodoWyvern to get them, so they should be rideable.
    • Agreed. I wouldn't mind if these get put into the "Crystal Wyvern" size category, just without breeding. Breeding zombies doesn't seem right. Unless they were to be altered into a "Death Crystal Wyvern" or something where their AI attack is more of a health depleter. A stronger pull than blood wyvern. Shoots like fire and causes an effect that drains health, stamina, and decreases melee for a time. The cost however is that they only eat spoiled meat. 
  • Zomdodo: Make these larger, and when tamed make them rideable. Always wanted a rideable Dodo Variant. 
    • I would be good with this idea if it was an event specific tame. Meaning they could only be tamed during the event. It would create a drive to play the events more if there were tames that could only be tamed during them. It could create a massive drive for some crazy taming during those times. 

• X-Creatures: Feels like Wildcard went too simple with these. They should have super different stats from their original counterparts, like Raptors designed to be good travel mounts or Megs that are basically glass cannons. 
    • Volcanic X-Creatures: Didn't mind having them added, but honestly, as much as I liked the glow it was a bit stronger than I thought it would be. I bred some of them a bit, but the color was a little overpowering. Fell back on working with my Aberrants. 
    • Oceanic X-Creatures: Love the patterns. I wish they had covered more of the creatures and that the spawners work for other maps better. I can get the Basi to show up, but the others do not seem to want to pop in. 
    • Bog X-Creatures: Colorings aren't bad, but overly subtle compared to the others. It would have been nice to have a bit more, but not too much like the Volcanic variety.
    • Snow x-Creatures: LOVE the Argent. Wished the Megatherium, Chalico, or Direwolf were used over the Rhino or Yute - but that is more of a personal selection. 
      • Overall, I didn't hate them. I wish they had done more of them though. Every creature on Aberration was affected by their change... Why didn't the same apply to Genesis? And why make it so hard to kill in the wild but them crush them when tamed? It should be one way or the other on both sides, not as it is. 
  • Tek Creatures: Add the Tek Trike and Giga to maps other than Genesis. Thought they should have higher stats, but remembered they can go to a higher level.
    • Ehhh. I never tame the teks. Too futuristic for me. I am all good with some of the higher level items, but overall, I prefer to play it a bit more primitive. If they are added, it is just another way to gather electronics and oil. So give or take on this one. 
  • Aberrant Creatures: Same problem I have with X-Creatures, they aren't different enough from their normal counterparts to be special aside from looks. Give them some different stats across the board, not two small changes. 
    • Personally I love the looks and the glow. I wouldn't mind a bit more of a boost to a stat or too to make them a little more valuable, but overall they were some of my favorite creatures to tame. 

And in the list above there are a few creatures I didn't see notes on. 

• Thylacoleo
    • It would be nice to have another variant. Or at the very least, a costume specific to it that is affected by the color of its coat.  Like that of a Lion or a Tiger. Personally I would prefer to see an aberrant or x-creature form, but those were both skipped. Even though both had the trees they could have been applied to. 
  • Megatherium
    • Another promising creature skipped over for both iterations. With the bug boost this thing is a beast and is actually used for boss fights. It was even on Genesis. Plenty of them. But it wasn't give the "x-factor" that the others do. 
  • Chalicotherium
    • Again, another fun creature to use that hasn't been give much love. It has a unique tame, it is a fun ride, and it can be a pretty good harvester as well. And like the megatherium it does exist on Genesis - just without any love. 
  • Unicorn
    • Needs some attention. If it is going to come in white, it should be an albino shade. Not the off-white and grey. 
    • They should have color mutations. As is we can't even color them with admin cheats. 
  • Polar Bear
    • Like the unicorn they should be a better shade of white if they are to remain "Polar" 
    • They should have color mutations.

I think that is everything this time. 

•  

Archived