Mac OS Steam Ark client updates

AVADOX

How long does it take for Mac OS Steam clients to get updated for Ark? When 313.5 was released recently, it took about 2 days to finally get the client updated. This isn't an issue with the Windows client, only appears to be an issue with the Mac OS client. With the last update, it seems the client rolled back to 312.1, and no severs are showing. Is this a normal thing? I've reached out to Steam and they're pointing the finger at WC. I've reached out to WC and they give me a server outage form. ??

2 hours ago, AVADOX said:

How long does it take for Mac OS Steam clients to get updated for Ark? When 313.5 was released recently, it took about 2 days to finally get the client updated. This isn't an issue with the Windows client, only appears to be an issue with the Mac OS client. With the last update, it seems the client rolled back to 312.1, and no severs are showing. Is this a normal thing? I've reached out to Steam and they're pointing the finger at WC. I've reached out to WC and they give me a server outage form. ??

MacOS and Linux are the forgotten children of Ark :( And Ark support is the unwanted child from Wildcard =(

9 hours ago, Oli4 said:

MacOS and Linux are the forgotten children of Ark :( And Ark support is the unwanted child from Wildcard =(

Sounds about right. I wouldn't use it, if I didn't rely on MacOS for my eGPU. If I bootcamp Windows, it loads up just fine, but I can't play it, due to the lack of graphics power. It would be nice if everything was updated at the same time. Smh.

25 minutes ago, tystra said:

I agree.  It has currently been 3 days and still no update.  I lost a level 414 Rex, six 200+ baby Pteranadon's, 4 dragons because I couldn't get back into the game after a server restart.  This enrages me.

Yeah, I feel your pain. During the 2 days I couldn't log in from the 313 update, my base got hit, and of course I couldn't defend it, because the server weren't even showing up. This is frustrating..

16 hours ago, AVADOX said:

Sounds about right. I wouldn't use it, if I didn't rely on MacOS for my eGPU. If I bootcamp Windows, it loads up just fine, but I can't play it, due to the lack of graphics power. It would be nice if everything was updated at the same time. Smh.

As a temporary solution you could try something like GeForce NOW to play ark while you wait for the devs to push the macOS/Linux version.

Archived