Ark Underwater Spawn Rate Issues?

Vellond

Ark Underwater Spawn Rate Issues?

Good morning Ark Support Team and fellow survivors,

Maybe it is working as intended, but is the spawn rate for the Deep underwater on Crystal Isles a little high for some dinos? I swear, I get over encumbered on my 1300 weight Squid from just one instance of fish meat, bio toxin, and other materials from a massacre of the dinos spawned in one small area. I actually had a moment where I killed 10+ Jellyfish, 10+ eels, too many anglers to count, 3-4 dunkleos, a wild squid, and a mosa. I just spammed my attack button and prayed for the best. Is there supposed to be that many wild dinos spawning in a small area?

I actually lost a 150 Black pearl tamed squid the other day because there were so many anglers and eels against it, it couldn't move and couldn't hit because their hit boxes are so small and they were basically inside my squid. I don't have this issue with a basil because the hit box for that is considerate enough to allow it to hit around its body. Is the squid hit box working as intended. If it had died because the sheer number is too much, I would've been okay with it, but it couldn't even hit them.

Also, on Crystal Isles, I have found at least 5-6 squids this week who are "washed up" on the shore; I killed one with a Rex just to level it a bit. They just stay there and deal no damage; they don't even run! 

One last query, why is it that everything attacks your mosa/squid? I don't see the point of the Ammonite aggression debuff if everything down there already attacks you on sight. It shocks me to see a pack of anglers and eels coming after a squid... If you wanted a little perspective, it's like dilo coming after a tamed rex... 

I have been a huge fan of this game since Alpha and have seen it come a loooooong way. I appreciate all of the input and work you have come to make this game more creative and fun to play. 

Any feedback would be appreciated, Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived