Busted base, PvE

wizard03

Busted base, PvE

So yesterday while taming a frog, I decided to go on a prime meat run to tame him up with my argy....wasn't going well, couple parcers and brontos, maybe had 4 prime.....then I found an alpha raptor....and his buddy micro {cannon ball} raptor.

Long story short, finally nuked both of them, and was about to turn and head off to tame up the frog when I seen about 12 drop bags and a pretty much destroyed base.....Each bag had about 3 minutes left and was chock full of goodies.....I took it as much as I could, but I felt bad.....what happened? Where was the owner? Am I to blame for this?

its PvE, not PvP so I really wasn't in it to take stuff from other people, but now I am feeling guilty about the whole thing....granted, Im not one to look a gift horse in the mouth if the player had a rage quit or something. Iv already found a couple places where someone obviousely just abandoned their outposts and left it to rot, but this one looked like it was still an up and running facility....they even had plumbing and a gen running nearby.

Should I leave a sign or a note nearby his base telling him I got some of his stuff? {I couldn't save it all, it despawned rather quickly} or should I just keep it? o.o

If it's decay loot away. If they are still active - be careful what you say (if you do decide to put up signs etc.) My sense of morality would also cause me to want to put up signs and such. However in similar situations I've usually decided against that since any communication could back fire. If they get suspicious they might accuse you of kiting e.g. that bronto you were talking about. For my part I just do my best to not cause anyone any problems, e.g. being aware of who's playing near me and not agro dinos near them (btw if it's official pve and they were offline it wouldn't do any damage). But you see a bag about to disappear and no ones around to claim it, idk why not claim it. You should go back and look at the generator and check its decay time, if it's pretty low you might be able to score some free gas soon.

It's not uncommon for the less honorable sort to kite corrupted into a base to rob it blind, happened to us on extinction before they changed the offline protection and after. Literally had a dude and his friend kite a corrupted giga into the base while my wife was standing there crafting with her headphones off, she turned around and caught them in the act, red handed, looting all the stuff the corrupted was destroying. If this wasn't on extinction though, it was decay.

2 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

It's not uncommon for the less honorable sort to kite corrupted into a base to rob it blind, happened to us on extinction before they changed the offline protection and after. Literally had a dude and his friend kite a corrupted giga into the base while my wife was standing there crafting with her headphones off, she turned around and caught them in the act, red handed, looting all the stuff the corrupted was destroying. If this wasn't on extinction though, it was decay.

yeah, it was the island....not sure if bronto or alpha raptor. I guess I was just lucky, went back and the genny was gone. =/

Archived