After patch 313.9 the Argent is bugged

Lortam

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windows Version 313.9 (Epic Store Version)

Hi,

with the new Patch that the EGS Client downloaded today, Argentavis seem to got broken. Congratulations on that.

When i ride my Argentavis, i can click left Mousebutton, he do his Attack, as soon as when i click right Mousebotton, nothing happens and normal Attack doesnt work as well anymore.

Its reproduceable. Restarting the Game or uploading and downloading the Argentavis through a Obelisk fix it - until i click right Mousebutton and the same behavior.

This does happen in Singleplayer AND Multiplayer. Tested this on The Island and Ragnarok.

EGS says the Client is on Version 313.10, but Game shows ingame 313.9.

Argent Carry Animation/Function Not Working

Hey everyone,

Hoping for some help on this one, here is the breakdown:

I tamed an Argent and went on with my life of killing other dinos for experience.  I decided to tame a Doed but when I went to pick it up the animation wouldn't work (configured for RMB).  Then I suddenly noticed that the attack wasn't working either (configured for LMB).  I went back to my base and tested it on another Argent.  Same issue.  I hopped on a Ptera but it could attack and carry as normal.  I decided to log out and come back in.  The Argent was able to attack again but as soon as I went to activate a carry it wouldn't work (not even an animation, just nothing) then the attack would also stop working.  I restarted the server, checking to make sure PVP was enable.  It allowed me to attack again but as soon as I went to carry, it would 'lock' out all Argents (still able to land, fly, etc).  I tried to have a 'locked' Argent attack a target without me on the back, it would fly to the target and circle as if it was attacking but would do no damage and no attack animation.

Here are the server settings that I think may be relevant to this:

PVP Server hosted by me, with one of my friends playing on it.

Map: Extinction (First time on this map, we just completed Aberration)

Mods: Super Structures, Ultra Stacks, Awesome Spyglass, Node Fixer (I added Node Fixer before I tamed the first Argent)

CrossARK not enabled.

I would love ideas on possible ways to resolve this issue!

Epic Launcher Shows 313.10 version, won't update GAME Shows 313.9

So, huge problems with the update, but my launcher is showing 313.10, and won't update, and the game is showing 313.9 under the exit button, in the main menu.

What's up with that?

Other than that, Gachas are bugged, Argentavis won't work after right click, and I cannot command them to attack anything. 
Also game crashes constantly. 

On version 313.11 the problem with argies still persists. If this is to be believed, they're preparing for a new patch, which should fix the argy issue:

slika.thumb.png.99adac559e6e2201d0851561cd1423c9.png

For now just don't use "right-click" (claw grab) or "C" (beak grab) or your argy will get "locked" and you won't be able to attack with it. You can supposedly cryopod it and release it and it will unlock the attack or simply leave the argy alone for approx. 10 minutes or so (it looks like it unlocks itself after some time). For hauling doedis and ankylos use a quetzal for now, if you have one available, of course.

I just wonder how they can skate on something so simple. I survived several tragic updates. but I confess that in the update until 313.10 I saw things unthinkable, it seemed that Draco Malfoy and his gang were throwing terror into the ark. Example I passed my dinosaurs that are in passive mode, I traveled to another map just to get some clothes 30 minutes later I came back and the dinosaurs are gone there is nothing in the log. When excluding my presence on other maps as well, I spend an average of 1 or 2 hours on each map and go at least once every 4 days. broke the power cable and killed all the pokeballs.

Help please

My argentavis has ceased getting / obeying inputs. not like whistles, but like mouse button presses. i freeze it in a cryopod, unfreeze, and can make it attack, but then when i go airborne, it will not attack nor attempt to pick up anything (using RMB or the 'C' button). This has been replicated on two seperate Argy's. please halp

~Kizrakas

On 9/5/2020 at 8:01 AM, LordMightyMax said:

I'm an architect for a tech company in Houston, Texas. We specialize in shipping logistics and accounting for last-mile energy delivery. Our software has bugs, in QA and pre-release. Minor bugs happen, but developers and QA are held accountable for major bugs that go to production. 

Argies are the best way to farm in the game, and the only accessible form of heavy farming for anyone that has no progressed to nabbing their own Quetzal. The only thing worse than this would be metal nodes that don't give metal. 

This is a major bug by all accounts, and effectively puts a great many tribes on stand-by. 

Automated testing of a 3D game at the front end isn't as common place or "easy" as you think.

This should have been tested and found but it's more feasible to do these tests manually.

Archived