After patch 313.9 the Argent is bugged

Lortam

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp; Wild Card, thanks for ruining my weekend -_-

FWIW: Automated testing helps prevent stupid devs from breaking basic functionality. If a bug like this were to make it into my teams software in production, then you can rest assured that someone is getting a write-up. How about y'all grow up and handle your jobs like professionals. I know its a change for you, but change can be good sometimes. Don't be afraid!

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, LordMightyMax said:

Welp; Wild Card, thanks for ruining my weekend -_-

FWIW: Automated testing helps prevent stupid devs from breaking basic functionality. If a bug like this were to make it into my teams software in production, then you can rest assured that someone is getting a write-up. How about y'all grow up and handle your jobs like professionals. I know its a change for you, but change can be good sometimes. Don't be afraid!

What bug-free software does your "team" write?

Asking for a friend.

I'm an architect for a tech company in Houston, Texas. We specialize in shipping logistics and accounting for last-mile energy delivery. Our software has bugs, in QA and pre-release. Minor bugs happen, but developers and QA are held accountable for major bugs that go to production. 

Argies are the best way to farm in the game, and the only accessible form of heavy farming for anyone that has no progressed to nabbing their own Quetzal. The only thing worse than this would be metal nodes that don't give metal. 

This is a major bug by all accounts, and effectively puts a great many tribes on stand-by. 

Our bug cases are also few and far between because we have automated tests to catch instances of regression in functionality.

My comment to friends in Discord that were happy to hear of some of the fixes in the last patch was literally: "Fixed is a relative term as far as Ark is concerned." That was before I could even get back into the game to know that the Argentavis was FUBAR. Am I a prophet, or does the reputation of a WC dev simply precede them? The WC devs are horrible software developers that managed to create a fun game. The only thing that really kills the fun is their own incompetence. Calling them out for it only seems logical.

Argentavis won't response after pickup command

Since today, as soon as I use the right-mouse button to pick something up, the argentavis will not do a thing afterwards. 
it does not response to any action, other than land & fly (and steering/directions). Lmb/Rmb & C does not work anymore.
I can cryo and de-cryo the bird, and then it will do the normal attack again (Lmb), but as soon as I use the pickup (Rmb) it is catatonic again.
All my argentavis has this problem (tamed and breeded), and I get complains from other tribes on my server about this too.
The Pteradons and Quetzals are fine

Never seen/heard of this bug before....  Bug seems a bit 'new' since I get no results from google (but I may use the wrong search syntax - I dunno)

Has anyone seen this problem before?  
Is it ark itself, or maybe a mod (like Classic Flyers or something) ?
Can't do alot of tinkering/research, because the peeps will complain if I reboot the server again and again etc in order to find out what it might be.

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

They are aware of the Gacha and Argent issues. 

do we have any idea from them as to when this issue may be reconciled ??? asking for myself as am currently trying to farm from a gatcha and wondering if this will be like the flyers walking away bug that is known and will probably never be fixed, similar to the game crashes that have existed across all platforms since the dawn of Ark... or is this like corona virus restrictions( a new normal XD )?

• Volunteer Moderator
37 minutes ago, sidewinderf16 said:

I hope this includes the Argy issue as well. I see my servers just restarted themselves so fingers crossed.

Not sure what the patch was but it hasn't fixed the Gacha crystals yet. Not sure if there's client patches expected too yet.

Archived