Community Crunch 236: New Sponsored Mod, and More!

StudioWildcard

3 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We have taken a look at the Crystal Isle spawners and everything appears to be in order. The map is quite large compared to the others, so it might be that you just haven't encountered as many creatures when actively playing due to its sheer size.

Which platform and game mode do you play on? We'll take a deeper dive.

There's an argument that we could perhaps increase the spawn count so that more creatures are available, but it's a lever we have to be careful with as the map already carries a large performance requirement to its size, having more spawns would take this up another notch. If you're on an Unofficial Server or Single Player, you do have the option to increase the spawns yourself by adjusting the Dino Count config/slider which defaults to 1.0. 

The bonus rates that would have come from 'Evo Events' have been baked into the game now with the default being bumped up to 2x in the most recent major version. We will be hosting events again in the future of course, in particular around holidays & special occasions.

An Evo would certainly help right now. Element farming is horrid even on the new rates on crystal isles and it would bring joy and gratitude by most official pve server communities to see some sort of Evo if not for the common rates, a raising/taming/breeding evo would really be nice.  Feels like we've lost the excitement of weekend Evo rates which is kinda depressing, now it feels like life as usual in ark,  7 days a week.. Bored.. 

43 minutes ago, Raxo404 said:

any breeding event soon? 

The next one, most likely would be around the Second Life event - if it's happening this year.
Usually the 1st Saturday in November ~ish
And then when we closer to Thanksgiving (late November) and/or Christmas & New Years.
They were never meant to be a weekly thing or a regular thing.
They were always just special thing given as an incentive/treat or as a event usually associated with a US holiday.
The only reason there was so much of it this Spring and summer was because of Covid-19 and lockdowns everywhere.
People expect it to be that way all the time now & then complain it's not upped further on other events.
WC can't win this argument.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PreshusRoze said:

The next one, most likely would be around the Second Life event - if it's happening this year.
Usually the 1st Saturday in November ~ish
And then when we closer to Thanksgiving (late November) and/or Christmas & New Years.
They were never meant to be a weekly thing or a regular thing.
They were always just special thing given as an incentive/treat or as a event usually associated with a US holiday.
The only reason there was so much of it this Spring and summer was because of Covid-19 and lockdowns everywhere.
People expect it to be that way all the time now & then complain it's not upped further on other events.
WC can't win this argument.

erm second life is a different game, don't you mean the Extra Life event? Combining the two would be fun though ?

Edited by Sativa420
clarity

I find it funny tbh that everyone is wanting another evo event. We had x2 x 4 etc so much that it's expected. I remember

going MONTHS without an event in sight. Ark isn't supposed to be EASY. It technically is anyway. We all decide where

we spend our time. If you spend time on kids.. well that's a life choice ( you had em!).

You can't use that to say gimmie an event.. No time to raise a giga?  Make friends to help or use something else. 

These aren't WC issues. They're personal issues.

I'm partially disabled. I don't ask for an event because of my life issues or choices. Can I have an event because my cat had kittens and I need to take care of them? NOPE. ARK is supposed to be a bit of work. If you're bored .. redefine your life choices and go find something else to do until it's NOT boring. 10k + hours and I'm far far  FAR from bored.

~Peace

Edited by Sativa420
  • Like 2

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

An Evo would certainly help right now. Element farming is horrid even on the new rates on crystal isles and it would bring joy and gratitude by most official pve server communities to see some sort of Evo if not for the common rates, a raising/taming/breeding evo would really be nice.  Feels like we've lost the excitement of weekend Evo rates which is kinda depressing, now it feels like life as usual in ark,  7 days a week.. Bored.. 

The problem here is the community views this from many different angles.

I've seen a lot of people over the past year or so complain that EVO events only encourage them to play at weekends and not during the week because rates were boosted. They feel there's no point doing stuff in the week, they may as well save it for the weekend. So they wanted, for a long time, the EVO rates to become the new base rates.

Horrah! New base rates, which means what everyone was getting only at weekends they now experience all week long.

Now people want more EVO on top of the new base rates, putting those opinions back to square one and people will only be encouraged to play at weekends because of the higher rates from EVO.

To be honest with you I saw this coming a mile off, and I'm sure the devs did too. They finally give the community increased base rates and they still want more EVO every weekend.

Edited by GP
  • Like 2

• Volunteer Moderator
55 minutes ago, Jarbo said:

You said you would reply to EVO event.  This is a holiday weekend.   We need to have EVO events.

You don't "need" to have Evo weekend. Where was the UK's Evo for our holiday this week? They can't cater for every single public holiday.

Halloween is just around the corner, i'm sure there will be increased rates with that.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, UnwrittenHero said:

So the devs said they changed it to 2x all the time. Why am I still only getting 1x things like 1x stone

Because as it has already been explained a billion times, stone picking is ALWAYS 1 for base rates.

Stone picking ONLY increases with EVO events.

Every server, on every platform has the new base rates.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, KingCool2002 said:

Hi I was just wandering if there is a rough release date for the sponsored mod on consoles

Sponsored Mods don't come to console. Only if they are chosen to become official will they come to console. So there's no release dates, rough or firm for that.

Edited by GP

1 hour ago, GP said:

I've seen a lot of people over the past year or so complain that EVO events only encourage them to play at weekends and not during the week because rates were boosted. They feel there's no point doing stuff in the week, they may as well save it for the weekend. So they wanted, for a long time, the EVO rates to become the new base rates.

Horrah! New base rates, which means what everyone was getting only at weekends they now experience all week long.

Now people want more EVO on top of the new base rates, putting those opinions back to square one and people will only be encouraged to play at weekends because of the higher rates from EVO.

To be honest with you I saw this coming a mile off, and I'm sure the devs did too. They finally give the community increased base rates and they still want more EVO every weekend.

I just think people want to have an easier life in the game (higher harvest rates) during the week because they work, go to school, ... Besides that they want something to look out for in the weekend i guess?

Something that keeps them coming to the game.

I'm sure it's extremely hard to balance tribes overruning the server with dinos that they leave out, causing game-breaking lag against the ability of a solo player to get anything done at all.

I'm a solo/VERY small tribe person.  I have played on smalltribes, PvP ORP CrossArk, and PvE.  I can see upping the breeding rates specifically being a problem on PvE servers, where players tend to build huge structures and leave dinos unpodded.  Increasing breeding rates would contribute to making these servers unplayable pretty fast.

On PvP servers it's less of an issue - bases get raided, people quit and move around a lot.  Instead the problem is large/established tribes being able to snowball with extremely strong dino lines.  Large established tribes already have a significant advantage on PvP servers, increased breeding rates would make that gap widen faster.

That being said, I DO miss the EVO events.  I've seen things like this suggested before, but would it be impossible to rotate boosts for specific things each weekend?  You could even do special ones occasionally.  For example:

Weekend 1: Breeding/raising baby dinos 2x normal.

Weekend 2: Taming 1.5-2x normal (Some dinos still can't get a perfect kibble tame on new rates, which is frustrating). 

Weekend 3: Special weekend! 2x harvesting element.

Weekend 4: Breeding raising baby dinos 2x normal.

Weekend 5: Increased loot quality from drops.

And so on...

This seems like it might be a way to give players a special boost on the weekends without breaking the game.  Increased breeding could be thrown into the mix as often as the devs want, and I think it would be fun to look forward to something new each weekend.

12 hours ago, mEgstad69420 said:

When will the bug that Crystal Isles is devoid of life be fixed?

I seriously think its on purpose. They cut so many creatures from the map so theres not enough spawn points for regular creatures on the official port.

I'm still waiting on their announcement telling us that Crystal Wyvern Heirs will tameable or not like in the mod, and if they're going to actually add the Crystal and Liquid creatures back into the map.

3 hours ago, GP said:

I don't need any evo event if the breeding rates were x2 as the constant rate just like harvesting etc.

I'm not talking about mating interval. Just raising a dino takes way too long. When you go for resources you can be killed by griefer, you can lose stuff and that's good because it's not boring but what's the point of feeding baby dinos in secure base for days? I mean tek wall is a preety interesting wall but bruh..

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, Raxo404 said:

I don't need any evo event if the breeding rates were x2 as the constant rate just like harvesting etc.

But EVO events are typically always XP/Taming/Resources. Breeding only really ever comes with special events.

So when you say you don't need any evo event if the breeding rates were x2 that to me doesn't make any sense. As breeding is not 2x, why do you need Evo events?

I'm going to guess that people consider Evo events as all rates in general so whatever aspect you are referring to it's an Evo event, when in reality Evo is all about the 3 rates only.

Edited by GP

1 hour ago, GP said:

But EVO events are typically always XP/Taming/Resources. Breeding only really ever comes with special events.

So when you say you don't need any evo event if the breeding rates were x2 that to me doesn't make any sense. As breeding is not 2x, why do you need Evo events?

I'm going to guess that people consider Evo events as all rates in general so whatever aspect you are referring to it's an Evo event, when in reality Evo is all about the 3 rates only.

If evo event doesn't include breeding rate, I don't need evo events.